Why are Trump's tax returns so important again?

This is actually a serious question. There have been so many accusations and "scandals" and rumors and investigations and breaking news stories and blockbusters and leaks and final straws and assumptions over the last several years that it can be difficult to keep track.

Obviously there must be some smoke here, and the goal is to discover the fire so that he can be brought down.

So what's the smoke?

Again, serious question.
Because he is clearly hiding something. And finding out what the president is hiding matters.

Go sit in a circle with your other hive members so you can form the worlds largest dope ring.

The massive trove of Fred Trump financial documents obtained by the NY Times show that Trump was raised to be a pathological tax cheat. He has probably never really paid taxes at all. They are also needed to show if he committed fraud by misrepresenting his income to banks and insurance companies. Lastly they are just something we should all expect from the people who want to lead our country.
and after decades of paying, or rather, NOT paying, taxes, the IRS still hasn't had him arrested?

Congress has every legal right to Trump's tax returns.

Congress needed the documents to provide oversight of tax evasion and revenue collection.

How A Spat Between Two Rich People Gave Congress The Power To Get Trump’s Tax Returns

5cb09b6424000094094f6901.jpeg
No they fucking don't...And the God Emperor knows it.

Suck it, moonbat.

Nixon.
So, political payback?
Trump has to be the cleanest president in history. Liberals unlawfully raided his lawyers office. Had unlimited ways and money to investigate anything Muller wanted, and he came up with nothing. Hillary wouldn't survive what Trump has been through.
All the investigations into trump's personal finances, his company, and his loans are still ongoing. The only one that has ended was finished off with a court filing saying trump directed the comission of a felony.

I mean if you want a serious answer, sure. But this isn't really a forum for serious or productive discussion.

It represents a transgression against a political norm that had been held for some 40 years previous. Releasing tax returns was an extremely nominal commitment to transparency, but Trump can't even bring himself to pretend to be transparent.

Catching something would be nice, not gonna lie. But it's more a symbolic issue about the erosion of norms, and holding Trump to the same standards we hold everyone else.
I assumed there was smoke, that there was evidence out there that led the Dems to believe that all they needed to see was his tax returns. I was wondering what that smoke was. I was even a little embarrassed that I had forgotten.

Looks like I hadn't forgotten. This is all based on hoping something unknown will be found.

I voted for Hillary. I don't like Trump. But that is transparent gotcha partisan politics, and I'm just not a fan of that. I do wish we would evolve beyond that.

Nixon.
So, political payback?
Trump has to be the cleanest president in history. Liberals unlawfully raided his lawyers office. Had unlimited ways and money to investigate anything Muller wanted, and he came up with nothing. Hillary wouldn't survive what Trump has been through.
All the investigations into trump's personal finances, his company, and his loans are still ongoing. The only one that has ended was finished off with a court filing saying trump directed the comission of a felony.
Bullshit, Trump was put under a microscope and came out clean. Now Hillary and Obama should get the same treatment.

Nixon.
So, political payback?
Bullshit, Trump was put under a microscope and came out clean. Now Hillary and Obama should get the same treatment.

Hillary and Obama have always released their tax returns. Where's Trump's?

I mean if you want a serious answer, sure. But this isn't really a forum for serious or productive discussion.

It represents a transgression against a political norm that had been held for some 40 years previous. Releasing tax returns was an extremely nominal commitment to transparency, but Trump can't even bring himself to pretend to be transparent.

Catching something would be nice, not gonna lie. But it's more a symbolic issue about the erosion of norms, and holding Trump to the same standards we hold everyone else.

Just ask Romney!

This is actually a serious question. There have been so many accusations and "scandals" and rumors and investigations and breaking news stories and blockbusters and leaks and final straws and assumptions over the last several years that it can be difficult to keep track.

Obviously there must be some smoke here, and the goal is to discover the fire so that he can be brought down.

So what's the smoke?

Again, serious question.

The evil Russians did not put him into power as has recently come out. But he could not have won fairly... otherwise snowflake feels made dumbasses out of themselves.

So the answer must be, Trump cheated somehow and he is hiding the secret on how by withholding his tax return.

Who seriously thinks the IRS does not put the microscope on all billionaires tax returns? If they don't. they aren't doing their jobs.

So what's the smoke?

Again, serious question.
There is about a 99% chance that the Dems already know what is in Trump's taxes because of Obammy's IRS buddies.
And, there is also about a 99% chance that Trump hasn't paid any taxes in a long time because of business and investment deductions.
The bottom line is the Dems want to use it as a political issue.
Trump is rich and doesn't pay any taxes.
Classic class warfare is what the Troglocrat Voters respond to.

He ain't as rich as he claims to be, ("only" around $5B) he doesn't give as much to charity as he could, and he likely doesn't pay much in taxes.....billionaires don't...ask Bezos. The Rats are just window-peeking...they'll never see his tax returns and they know it.

1. What does much in taxes mean? so you dont' want people playing by the rules???

2. He ain't as rich as he claims and why does that bother you?

3. He doesn't give that much to charity as he could and who decides how much he should give, you?

Its not a big deal in its self, as every other modern president has released its kind of a reassuring deal, & when a president works so hard not too, it makes you wonder.

So you define modern as everything past Nixon?

There is no legal requirement for any presidential candidate to release tax returns or medical information.

If you want a legal requirement then amend the Constitution

And for some reason you feel the IRS can't do their job?

So what's the smoke?

Again, serious question.
Because he is clearly hiding something. And finding out what the president is hiding matters.

Go sit in a circle with your other hive members so you can form the worlds largest dope ring.
Man you are a crybaby.

The massive trove of Fred Trump financial documents obtained by the NY Times show that Trump was raised to be a pathological tax cheat. He has probably never really paid taxes at all. They are also needed to show if he committed fraud by misrepresenting his income to banks and insurance companies. Lastly they are just something we should all expect from the people who want to lead our country.
and after decades of paying, or rather, NOT paying, taxes, the IRS still hasn't had him arrested?
The dirty secret of the IRS is that they do not audit the richest people.

Forum List

Back