Why aren't more people Libertarian?

We cannot have individuals making their own determination of what are law and morality, then applying it to others.

For instance, consider the individual who wanted to have sexual relations with a young teenager and even younger children. We can't leave to deranged individuals to make those decisions.
That's why we have trial by jury, tyrant buttpipe.

jurors don't determine the law. they determine the facts.

THAT is what the juries are for.

man you make a lot of noise :cuckoo:
Still peddling that lie, huh?

When you going to sue FIJA, shut down their operation and jail the people running it?

When half of those eligible to vote don't even show, how can you claim that they're the fringe?

Because perhaps if those who voted thought they had a decent, credible, viable alternative to the Dems and the GOP, they would have voted for it.

Um, hate to bust your bubble here, but you cannot make claims about the people who didn't vote based upon the actions and opinions of those who did.

Hey, I'm just thinking out loud, guessing.

By all means, the Libertarians should just keep doing what they're doing. It's working out so well for them SO far...

Because perhaps if those who voted thought they had a decent, credible, viable alternative to the Dems and the GOP, they would have voted for it.

Um, hate to bust your bubble here, but you cannot make claims about the people who didn't vote based upon the actions and opinions of those who did.

By all means, the Libertarians should just keep doing what they're doing. It's working out so well for them SO far...

Try to change the subject much? :lol:

Here's an idea...If you want the thoughts and opinions of those who didn't vote, go and ask them....Lord knows nobody in the lamestream media is doing so.

The ignorance of the Libertarian party that is on display here by those who criticise it is stunning.
Fear and loathing of free people is all they have.

no fear...

no loathing....

just ridicule of the abject ignorance of what passes for libertarian among the randian idiots.
Funny how you claim to reject abject ignorance when you display so much of it yourself. :lol:

That's why we have trial by jury, tyrant buttpipe.

jurors don't determine the law. they determine the facts.

THAT is what the juries are for.

man you make a lot of noise :cuckoo:
Still peddling that lie, huh?

When you going to sue FIJA, shut down their operation and jail the people running it?

it isn't a lie.

you just seem to be allergic to reality.

and just because a bunch of people as stupid as you are decide to give themselves a name doesn't make them right.

I'll direct you to the PJI. Perhaps if you actually read something in your life that actually is law.

:thup:

Seriously, why aren't there more Libertarians out there?

Is it because people don't know what Libertarians stand for?

Dear CS: In general, it takes more mental work to understand the benefits of limiting govt and doing work independently outside of govt. The system of providing welfare was only meant to be a short term measure, and instead, people have grown dependent on it. I know a number of people who won't even work part time, because it would reduce their SS or disability benefits. If they don't make enough to support themselves without govt assistance, they would be penalized by losing their benefits. So it's easier for such people to stay dependent on govt and not try to change, unless they really have a longterm plan and are committed to doing the work or going to school to become independent.

For others, they don't have enough time between work and/or school and family to do all the activist and lobbying work it would take to push for independence from govt "to compete" with the people paid and working full time to keep the politics going as they are.

I believe the independent people/groups/parties will have to band together, pick projects to invest in that SOLVE the problems govt is neglecting or making worse, and start promoting business plans where the money invested counts as tax writeoffs as business expenses.

So people start seeing REWARDS, benefits and cost-effectiveness of locally managed solutions that don't depend on govt or politicians getting elected. We need to start valuing building jobs and service programs directly, through the private sector whether these collaborative efforts involve business, church, nonprofit, or school communities.

We need to quit rewarding dependency on govt and politicians, or else this will keep pushing social trends in the wrong direction.

I believe it is coming to that, out of pure frustration, oppression and exclusion from the democratic process because of party politics. People make fun of the far rightwing, whether it's the Tea Party or Secessionists, but if people organize their resources by group or party we can change things directly, and recognize and reward our own independent developments.

I support and encourage you to do this with local Libertarians, Greens, even Occupy and Tea Party. Pick an issue or project that you would like to see resolved so it quits costing taxpayers money fighting politically over it, organize activists from the other independent parties to join in a task force to put a solution together, and then organize or raise funds as a team to support a program that can be written off as a business investment or a church-based project.

Find likeminded people, and shift the responsibility and cost of social programs back to local community ownership, and reduce the burden off federal govt. That is what I see happening if we are going to stop the implosion of bad govt and start moving toward local accountability.

Try to change the subject much? :lol:

Here's an idea...If you want the thoughts and opinions of those who didn't vote, go and ask them....Lord knows nobody in the lamestream media is doing so.

Wasn't changing the subject, I said I was guessing. You'll notice the word "perhaps" in my original post. I don't claim to know what non-voters are thinking.

Either way, if the Libertarians don't want to take advantage of the massive opportunity staring them in face, in the name of purity, hopefully someone else will do so. They don't appear to be up to the task.

The ignorance of the Libertarian party that is on display here by those who criticise it is stunning.

I've been accused of that here but I will return to my original statement, Libertarians are their own worst representatives. Perpetually angry, foul tempered, self obsessed, displaying not a shred of human decency, appeals to reason anger them terribly, name callers, personal attackers, full of violent imagery and threats. No one wants to be associated with such horrible angry people. I do not care what all your high sounding dogma and utopian pipe dreams say when the people involved seem to be such xenophobic, paranoid, greedy pricks.

I've been accused of that here but I will return to my original statement, Libertarians are their own worst representatives. Perpetually angry, foul tempered, self obsessed, displaying not a shred of human decency, appeals to reason anger them terribly, name callers, personal attackers, full of violent imagery and threats. No one wants to be associated with such horrible angry people. I do not care what all your high sounding dogma and utopian pipe dreams say when the people involved seem to be such xenophobic, paranoid, greedy pricks.

this incarnation of so-called libertarians, the randian idiots, aren't libertarian. libertarians aren't anti-choice.

they're nothing more than a bunch of spoiled brats angry at any rules they have to live by.

ultimately, that's why they're as useless as boobs on a bull.

Part of the problem is that Libertarianism is too socially liberal to be combined with the conservative wing of the GOP - so the GOP has a hard time letting people explore the depth of Libertarianism. Even Ron Paul waffled on abortion, preferring to give big government the right to control the outcome of every pregnancy. He's no Libertarian. He's got no courage.

The more you learn about Conservatism and Libertarianism, the more you realize that they cannot be combined. This is why Ayn Rand and William Buckley could not join forces.

Of course, this didn't stop Reagan who spoke like Libertarian or a Conservative depending on the audience.

I predicted over a decade ago that the contradiction between Conservative and Libertarian would destroy the party. My friend was careful to point out that the GOP tends to find voters who are well-meaning but lacking the intellectual background to see the contradiction.

Last edited:

Maybe most of us are sick and tired of the straw men, ad hominems, hyperbole and plain old lying bigotry from ignorant, sniveling, hand-wringing little collectivist looter snots like you.

Something to consider.

Maybe most of us are sick and tired of the straw men, ad hominems, hyperbole and plain old lying bigotry from ignorant, sniveling, hand-wringing little collectivist looter snots like you.

Something to consider.

Yeah, I am sure you started out as such a nice guy but the rest of the world just would not cooperate. Once a jerk, always a jerk.

Contumacious cares nothing about "civil liberties". He cares about only one thing, really. That is the government not forbidding him to do whatever he wishes to do, which was the major failure of the Roman Republic.
Well if a person does what ever he wants to do, and it is good and moral and decent when doing it, then why would our government be it local, state or federal stand in a persons way of doing just that ? You see our government now has a strange way of dictating what we can and cannot do anymore, and the noose is getting tighter and tighter around our necks. They are doing this to shift balances of power in America, and to protect corporate interest, where as we have not the America in which we have had in the past, but a little is still allowed of it, just so the the people will be let down easy instead of hard, and this until the generational change comes about in which they long for finally.

Something to consider.

Yeah, I am sure you started out as such a nice guy but the rest of the world just would not cooperate. Once a jerk, always a jerk.
Only to willfully ignorant, sniveling, hand-wringing little collectivist looter snots like you. :lol::lol::lol:

Something to consider.

Only to willfully ignorant, sniveling, hand-wringing little collectivist looter snots like you. :lol::lol::lol:

I didn't just show up here yesterday, if you can't say something horrible you don't say anything at all. It is what you and the rest of the libertarian crowd have in common here, all attack, all of the time. We know you all get off on being horrible to people, it's the entire point of being an internet libertarian, you never ever have to defend your policies because they will never be attempted in the real world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back