Why aren't the anti-choice people against birth control pills.

I will say that believing life begins at implantation in the uterine wall is an absolutely absurd belief. What about an 8 week baby in an ectopic pregnancy? Alive or not?
I agree. It is absurd.

The argument is absurd. An eptopic pregnancy has no hopes of being born and can even kill the mother.

It was not the result of ANY deliberate action by the mother or father via abortion or birth control.

It is like those that argue miscarriage is the same as abortion.

. and I do not find it appealing to create fertilized eggs to begin cell division for medical research,

I don't find open heart surgery appealing but that doesn't mean I find it morally reprehensible and in fact it can be a good thing.

So do you think its morally acceptable to create and destroy as many human embryos as one wishes for scientific research as long as they have never been implanted? Again, yes or no would suffice. But if the answer is no, please give your reasoning. In particular, rectify it with the fact an unattached embryo is a lifeless piece of stuff.

Again... YOU wish to make it a simple yes or no answer to fit your argument chain... when the answer is not a simple yes or no

I will not play your reindeer games

HUMAN LIFE BEGINS AT IMPLANTATION

Thank you thank you for finally answering in plain english! Although I would note that a simple "No" would have sufficed!

Now that we've established a fertilized human embryo - with a unique set of human DNA from its father and mother - is NOT a human life until it implants - does this mean embryonic stem cell research is morally acceptable? In fact, we can send off to the gas chambers as many billions of fertilized human embryos as we please and God won't mind, so long as they haven't implanted?

Ahhh... and the troll attempt to try and enrage further with the use of the tem 'gas chamber' to bring up visions of Nazi activity...

But you were answered before.... you did not like how the answer came about... for to call something life it must meet the criteria for life... and all of the criteria for life do not happen until implantation... you wanted a 'yes or no' answer to fit your little agenda for argument

And nice attempt to try and bring 'morally acceptable' into it with your baiting.... morally and actual are not inherently the same thing.... for example I find you to be a human life but morally I think you are sub-human

I thought the issue of human life was black and white. Are you telling me there are gray areas, where something can not be entirely a human life, but should still be held above inanimate objects?

And where in the Bible does it say human life starts at implantation? Or is this something you trust scientists to determine for you? Does the Bible say to go with whatever the scientists say on this one?

. and I do not find it appealing to create fertilized eggs to begin cell division for medical research,

I don't find open heart surgery appealing but that doesn't mean I find it morally reprehensible and in fact it can be a good thing.

So do you think its morally acceptable to create and destroy as many human embryos as one wishes for scientific research as long as they have never been implanted? Again, yes or no would suffice. But if the answer is no, please give your reasoning. In particular, rectify it with the fact an unattached embryo is a lifeless piece of stuff.

Again... YOU wish to make it a simple yes or no answer to fit your argument chain... when the answer is not a simple yes or no

How can the question of whether or not its acceptable to destroy innocent human life not be a simple yes or no? Or perhaps a "sometimes yes, sometimes no" ?

Thank you thank you for finally answering in plain english! Although I would note that a simple "No" would have sufficed!

Now that we've established a fertilized human embryo - with a unique set of human DNA from its father and mother - is NOT a human life until it implants - does this mean embryonic stem cell research is morally acceptable? In fact, we can send off to the gas chambers as many billions of fertilized human embryos as we please and God won't mind, so long as they haven't implanted?

I do not believe so, for the same reasons, I am uncomfortable with the pill.

Just because I believe there is a difference between preventing implementation and surgically removing a viable implanted pregnancy does not mean, I am for artificially inseminating eggs simply for human experimentation.

It's one of the reasons I have moral objections to the fertility practice of inserting several pregnancies in the hopes one is good and then aborting several of the babies if more than one pregnancy happens.

So its OK to kill an unattached human egg for no reason other than not wanting to be pregant - but not OK to do it for medical research purposes in hopes of finding cures for such diseases as cancer?

OK. Where does it say that in the Bible?

I did not say it was "okay" to "kill" an unattached human egg. I am simply trying to explain WHY it is different from RU486 or abortion.

I am trying to have a dispassionate discussion here. It's obvious you are not.

There are MANY that do not approve of the pill in the pro-life movement. *I* do not use the pill.

It is as IF you are arguing all pro-lifers use the pill. Sorry, not true.

However, deliberately fertilizing eggs to exerpiment on is a HUGE difference from PREVENTING the fertilizing of eggs as in birth control.

They are not the same thing.

Ahhh... and the troll attempt to try and enrage further with the use of the tem 'gas chamber' to bring up visions of Nazi activity...

But you were answered before.... you did not like how the answer came about... for to call something life it must meet the criteria for life... and all of the criteria for life do not happen until implantation... you wanted a 'yes or no' answer to fit your little agenda for argument

And nice attempt to try and bring 'morally acceptable' into it with your baiting.... morally and actual are not inherently the same thing.... for example I find you to be a human life but morally I think you are sub-human

I thought the issue of human life was black and white. Are you telling me there are gray areas, where something can not be entirely a human life, but should still be held above inanimate objects?

And where in the Bible does it say human life starts at implantation? Or is this something you trust scientists to determine for you? Does the Bible say to go with whatever the scientists say on this one?

And your troll attempts continue

Show one motherfucking time, you ignorant twat reject, that I used the bible behind any of my stances on human life

I'll be waiting

Protection of innocent life in a situation that is not self defense is a black and white issue... it is right or it is wrong....

You have also interjected supposed stances by me that I have never actually had...

epic fail, troll

In the rare chance an egg is produced while a woman is on birth control, the birth control pill will often cause a fertilized egg - in other words - a HUMAN BEING - to fail to attach to the uterine wall. This results in an abortion.

Why is it OK to kill an embryo right after conception with a birth control pill, but not anything else?

After reading some of your posts in the past two days, I have become accustomed to your over politicization and biased comments; however, you are politicizing an issue that shouldn't be. Then again, it really isn't your fault; most American's have been raised to politicize almost everything. That is the failure of our two party system, but that is a different discussion. Your use of "anti-choicer" is an extreme over politicization of a person's opinion with regards to a woman's choice to abort her fetus. Pro-life and pro-choice are bad enough, but to develop your own unrecognized biased term to describe an individual who does not support abortion only demonstrates your inability to think outside of what you are told by your political party of choice.

An abortion is the removal of a fetus from the womb. According to scientific analysis and opinions of experts in the healthcare industry, a fetus, for humans, is a developing offspring from 8 weeks of gestation up until birth. Therefore, to group birth control pills into the same catagory as an abortion is just asinine. Contrary to your uneducated opinion; most birth control pills prevent embryogenises from occuring, not an abortion as you have claimed. There are, of course, birth control choices that do halt embryogenises after it has already begun (ie. morning after pill).

IMHO Roe v Wade should be overturned. I believe that the federal government should not be involved in the abortion debate and that the States and ultimately the people should be able to vote on such matters. Some of you in here will tell me that the Bill of Rights suggests that the "Right to Privacy" is understood but not mentioned and therefore the federal government has every right to rule on abortion and a women's right to choose. Beginning with President FDR, the US Constitution has been "interpreted" to assist in the passing of whatever legislation has been introduced that did not have the public's overwhelming approval. IMHO, the abortion issue was another that was politicized due to political pressures in Washington. From 1970-1973, four political women's rights groups were formed. Prior to these four groups, women's rights were only represented in civil groups. Remember also, that desegregation was still being implemented and we were recovering from the divide in the country from the Vietnam War and of course Nixon's Watergate scandle. SCOTUS was controled by President Eisenhower appointees and Republicans held a 5/4 majority over Democratic appointees. With all of the pressure from American's and the political pressure on the Republican party, SCOTUS had no other choice but to vote in favor of women's rights.
With your last paragraph, I agree. The federal government should not be involved in it either way (restrictions or no restrictions). I am not so sure any government should be involved. This issue is a medical issue, thus between patient and physician.

How can the question of whether or not its acceptable to destroy innocent human life not be a simple yes or no? Or perhaps a "sometimes yes, sometimes no" ?

Again shitstain.. trying to twist and fit your your preconceived argument chain... not going to play your reindeer games

I will say that believing life begins at implantation in the uterine wall is an absolutely absurd belief. What about an 8 week baby in an ectopic pregnancy? Alive or not?

You a making the same argument that men make about miscarriage and abortion.

An eptopic pregnancy has no hopes of being born and can even kill the mother.

This is not the result of the mother (or father) doing anything.

It is not the deliberate taking of any birth control or by means of abortion.

Did you read what I wrote? I was asking if an 8 week ectopic pregnancy is alive or not. In fact they have been taken from the fallopian tubes and successfully implanted(where they then became alive?) in the uterine wall and went on to be born.

Did you read what I wrote? I was asking if an 8 week ectopic pregnancy is alive or not. In fact they have been taken from the fallopian tubes and successfully implanted(where they then became alive?) in the uterine wall and went on to be born.

It has implanted, started feeding, and started adapting to environment.... it is a developinging human life... and yes on occasion they have been saved and put into the womb.... but this is the very rare case... and indeed ectopic pregnancies do create a self defense/life or death situation for the mother..

It has implanted, started feeding, and started adapting to environment.... it is a developinging human life... and yes on occasion they have been saved and put into the womb.... but this is the very rare case... and indeed ectopic pregnancies do create a self defense/life or death situation for the mother..

You just invent your own reality as needed, don't you. How you could possibly say an ectopic pregnancy has implanted is mind-boggling. Regardless the idea that the spark of life miraculously arrives due to a mundane event like implantation is preposterous.

Last edited:

Actually what the Bible has to say about it, is God knows every human life BEFORE conception.

Jeremiah 1:5 (King James Version)

5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

However, it can be argued from "from the belly" God is talking about IN THE WOMB. That doesn't happen until IMPLEMENTATION.

Okay people I can't play wit you no mo'. I have stuff to do and I have to vote today. Byeeeeee!!!!!!!!

;)

Last edited:

You just invent your own reality as needed, don't you. How you could possibly say an ectopic pregnancy has implanted is mind-boggling.

Do you know ANYTHING about an ectopic pregnancy??

The baby cannot survive and cannot be born if left in the ectopic pregnancy. It does not implant in the womb or endometrium of the uterus but IT DOES IMPLANT and start feeding off of the body of the mother

I have been around the OB/GYN and NNICU community all my life

Regardless the idea that the spark of life miraculously arrives due to a mundane event like implantation is preposterous.

Do you know the criteria for life?? Do you know at which stage those criteria start happening in human development??

I suggest you read into it and educate yourself

You just invent your own reality as needed, don't you. How you could possibly say an ectopic pregnancy has implanted is mind-boggling.

Do you know ANYTHING about an ectopic pregnancy??

The baby cannot survive and cannot be born if left in the ectopic pregnancy. It does not implant in the womb or endometrium of the uterus but IT DOES IMPLANT and start feeding off of the body of the mother

I have been around the OB/GYN and NNICU community all my life

If it cannot survive, then it is alive. I think you have a few misconceptions about the early days in a new pregnancy. After fertilization the egg travels down the fallopian tube and "starts feeding" immediately. It floats around for a few days, growing, and undergoing cell division, then implants into the uterine wall at about 7 days.

Regardless the idea that the spark of life miraculously arrives due to a mundane event like implantation is preposterous.

Do you know the criteria for life?? Do you know at which stage those criteria start happening in human development??

I suggest you read into it and educate yourself
My spleen is alive and it's human.

No.. it is a part of you... it in itself is not alive.... it is not feeding... it is not changing to environment.... it will never have the possibility of surviving on its own... if you cannot tell the difference between an independent or developing life and an internal organ, then you indeed need some help

No.. it is a part of you... it in itself is not alive.... it is not feeding... it is not changing to environment.... it will never have the possibility of surviving on its own... if you cannot tell the difference between an independent or developing life and an internal organ, then you indeed need some help

so we're talking about it being 'potentially human'...

or if you order chicken, can i serve you eggs... you know, since it's all the same.

Forum List

Back