Why aren't the Bush Tax Cuts Working?

They were extended 8 months ago, when Obama caved in to the GOP's demands.

Weren't they supposed to create jobs? Wasn't another 800 billion dollar's worth of budget busting supposed to be worth it,

for the jobs?

The Bush tax-cut extension was just keeping the tax-code the same as it was....extending it was meant to keep the economy from crashing completely.

Expecting change for the better by doing nothing is idiotic.

Oh, and Obama has tried the legislative route and is currently raising hell with lawsuits, strict regulations, and anything he can think of to implement his horseshit agenda.

Last edited:
I am worried about more and more regulations.

Regulations on what? What industry are you in?

If you want to offer a personal example, then ditch the generalities. You say you're worried about health costs--do you self-insure and, if not, which health insurers are you dealing with? If you could offer each employee a defined contribution and then let them shop for a plan of their choice in a statewide market (making up the difference, if any, between their chosen plan's price and your contribution with their own money), would you do it?

You reference "anti-business statements and policies." What are you referring to and how have they affected your bottom line? Are you having some kind of interaction with NLRB and, if not, what does Boeing have to do with your business? You're talking about uncertainty--what does certainty look like and at what point would you be facing enough "certainty" to hire?

It would be interesting to hear the small business perspective in concrete terms, not the standard trope.

My specific industry really doesn't matter - I do business with other businesses. If Boeing is sued by the Feds it effects thousands of suppliers and vendors across the country. When Gibson is raided by the feds and it stops production of their products- every supplier of pick-ups, coils, wood, finish materials, electronics, paper, ink, etc...is effected. If the environmentalists successfully lobby for more and more regulations against oil companies, all businesses suffer. We all use fuel.

Like I stated in my previous post, I am just putting things on hold, for now. If I received a large contract that required more employees I would hire more employees as quickly as I could. Then I would try to keep them employed as long as I possibly could. But most of my business is smaller contracts and jobs that I can complete with my existing staff. I can persuade my clients that it is worth waiting a little longer for my company to do the work.

I don't usually blame or credit "Politics" for job creation of business conditions- I've always laughed at the concept - but I do blame "politics" for creating an environment of uncertainty.

My insurance provider is Anthem Blue Cross. They have already informed me that premiums are going up by more 10 % next year (after a 12% increase in 2011). How much more will it be in 2013? 2014? and beyond?

They were extended 8 months ago, when Obama caved in to the GOP's demands.

Weren't they supposed to create jobs? Wasn't another 800 billion dollar's worth of budget busting supposed to be worth it,

for the jobs?

The Bush tax-cut extension was just keeping the tax-code the same as it was....extending it was meant to keep the economy from crashing completely.

Expecting change for the better by doing nothing is idiotic.

Oh, and Obama has tried the legislative route and is currently raising hell with lawsuits, strict regulations, and anything he can think of to implement his horseshit agenda.

look, he doesn't even understand that stasis doesn't not equal MORE, or that expiration= a RAISE....in taxs or that obamas wunderkind at the Fed. ala QE 1 and QE 2 has ramped up inflation that has just dissappeared that 2% fica cut in a flash and then some......

I am worried about more and more regulations.

Regulations on what? What industry are you in?

If you want to offer a personal example, then ditch the generalities. You say you're worried about health costs--do you self-insure and, if not, which health insurers are you dealing with? If you could offer each employee a defined contribution and then let them shop for a plan of their choice in a statewide market (making up the difference, if any, between their chosen plan's price and your contribution with their own money), would you do it?

You reference "anti-business statements and policies." What are you referring to and how have they affected your bottom line? Are you having some kind of interaction with NLRB and, if not, what does Boeing have to do with your business? You're talking about uncertainty--what does certainty look like and at what point would you be facing enough "certainty" to hire?

It would be interesting to hear the small business perspective in concrete terms, not the standard trope.

You really should do some research then and find out what small business owners think.

I don't think I have a media monopoly. I do think I understand basic math though. Which apparently you do not.

$1.6 Trillion is bigger than $1 Trillion, even you know that, right?

Also, it's Obama's DEFICIT and Reagan's entire BUDGET, you know that's different, right?

heh heh do you understand that 23% = 23% ?

Why bring up percentages? Do you have trouble with numbers larger than 100?

When I see an administration that raids a guitar factory because they don't hire union labor, or sues Boeing for opening a new plant that doesn't use union labor, I get worried. When the POTUS openly declares war on the successful, I get worried.

No one is declaring war on the successful. Gibson was raided not due to union issues but because they are suspected of illegally smuggling in wood for their products. Are you honestly insinuating that we should allow companies to break the law with no responsibility for their actions?

They are not suspected of illegally smuggling wood, they are suspected of violating the Lacey Act. That is not about smuggling, but thanks for playing, and defending the government even when it is wrong.

My insurance provider is Anthem Blue Cross. They have already informed me that premiums are going up by more 10 % next year (after a 12% increase in 2011). How much more will it be in 2013? 2014? and beyond?

Affordable Care Act.

Read up on it.

Since Obamacare was passed my company health care benefit costs have risen about 40%. I don't need to read anything, I am experiencing it.

Last edited:
$1.6 Trillion is bigger than $1 Trillion, even you know that, right?

Also, it's Obama's DEFICIT and Reagan's entire BUDGET, you know that's different, right?

Frank does. Hence the percentages. He doesn't seem to understand that Reagan had a budget one year that was 23% of GDP and that is the same as Obama's budget in 2010. He also doesn't understand that Obama's deficit last year was 9% of GDP, which of course, is a lot less than 23%.

Affordable Care Act.

Read up on it.

Which will do what, exactly? Convince him that the government is responsible for those premium increases?

Believe it or not, he already knows that.

When I see an administration that raids a guitar factory because they don't hire union labor, or sues Boeing for opening a new plant that doesn't use union labor, I get worried. When the POTUS openly declares war on the successful, I get worried.

No one is declaring war on the successful. Gibson was raided not due to union issues but because they are suspected of illegally smuggling in wood for their products. Are you honestly insinuating that we should allow companies to break the law with no responsibility for their actions?

They are not suspected of illegally smuggling wood, they are suspected of violating the Lacey Act. That is not about smuggling, but thanks for playing, and defending the government even when it is wrong.

Lacey Act - The Lacey Act combats trafficking in “illegal” wildlife, fish, and plants. The 2008 Farm Bill (the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008), effective May 22, 2008, amended the Lacey Act by expanding its protection to a broader range of plants and plant products. The Lacey Act now, among other things, makes it unlawful, beginning December 15, 2008, to import certain plants and plant products without an import declaration.

Frank does. Hence the percentages. He doesn't seem to understand that Reagan had a budget one year that was 23% of GDP and that is the same as Obama's budget in 2010. He also doesn't understand that Obama's deficit last year was 9% of GDP, which of course, is a lot less than 23%.

That depends on what GDP is, doesn't it? Which is why intelligent people use numbers, not percentages, when discussing budgets.

Lacey Act - The Lacey Act combats trafficking in “illegal” wildlife, fish, and plants. The 2008 Farm Bill (the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008), effective May 22, 2008, amended the Lacey Act by expanding its protection to a broader range of plants and plant products. The Lacey Act now, among other things, makes it unlawful, beginning December 15, 2008, to import certain plants and plant products without an import declaration.

See, nothing about smuggling. That, believe it or not, makes me right.

Since Obamacare was passed my company health care benefit costs have risen about 40%. I don't need to read anything, I am experiencing it.

If you think Obamacare is what is causing those increases, then you REALLY need to read up on the Affordable Care Act.
I paid the same or nearly the same for about 10 years. Then they passed Obamacare. Since then my premiums have risen 40%. What drugs do you take that allow you to ignore reality so easily? :cuckoo:

That depends on what GDP is, doesn't it? Which is why intelligent people use numbers, not percentages, when discussing budgets.

673.jpg

If you think Obamacare is what is causing those increases, then you REALLY need to read up on the Affordable Care Act.

How does Obama's ass taste ? Dear God, you're one serious dense/brainwashed imbecile

See, nothing about smuggling. That, believe it or not, makes me right.

"Smuggling is the clandestine transportation of goods or persons past a point where prohibited, such as out of a building, into a prison, or across an international border, in violation of applicable laws or other regulations."

Forum List

Back