Why aren't you wearing an N95 Mask?

you got a problem with me not wearing a mask? tough shit. this is america, the birthplace of freedom!
Freedom does not include the right to make others sick.
Someone choosing not to wear a mask is not making you sick, and you know it. That's just an excuse you use to justify your shitty behavior to yourself.
This sort of "you not doing what I tell you = you endangering lives" bullshit is a good way for us to tell who the authoritarians are, so thanks for that. It's always good to know who all the shitty little backstabbers are.
When a lot of someones refuse to wear masks and following other rules, it will make people sick. And when the number of cases and death rates rise rapidly, the governors will shut down businesses.

you got a problem with me not wearing a mask? tough shit. this is america, the birthplace of freedom!
Someone choosing not to wear a mask is not making you sick, and you know it. That's just an excuse you use to justify your shitty behavior to yourself.
This sort of "you not doing what I tell you = you endangering lives" bullshit is a good way for us to tell who the authoritarians are, so thanks for that. It's always good to know who all the shitty little backstabbers are.
When a lot of someones refuse to wear masks and following other rules, it will make people sick. And when the number of cases and death rates rise rapidly, the governors will shut down businesses.
All speculation. There is no data to support that prognostication. It is unscientific and hysterical. Those in power will always use fear to control the population.

Life is fatal; deal with it.

N95 masks provide near complete protection for the wearer and others. Suppose there were enough for everyone in the country, imagine how few cases there would be. Business and schools could open almost immediately with little danger to employees and customers or students and teachers. So why aren’t we doing it?

As it turns out, the cost of manufacturing an N95 mask is only about 58 cents. The CDC recommends masks are changed every 8 hours of use. It might be a lot less for non-healthcare employees. Assuming a mask could be made available for $1 each and all employers and schools were required to provide masks for employees and students, the cost would be about $15 a month for each full time employee or student. The general public would be required to wear N95 masks in public places with the federal government subsidizing the cost for low income families.

Although the cost is high, about 4 or 5 billion a month it’s a lot less than what the epidemic is costing the country, not to mention the loss of lives and the disruption to the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We could open up schools and business as soon as the masks were available and we probably could do away with most restrictions. If the program was successful, there’s a good chance the virus could be almost eliminated within a few months. Sporting events and concerts and other mass gathering could continue. So why isn't it even being considered?
Wearing a mask and no gloves is pointless
Shit, guys can't even wash their hands after using the restroom
Furthermore, the mexicans wipe their ass and leave the fucking toilet paper
on the fucking floor in the guys bathroom and the sanitary fixture in the woman's

Get sick and get it over with

Some of us don't have that option. We die.

We were originally told to save PPE for healthcare.
The surgical clinic my wife works for is running short, so I see the use of N95 masks as unhelpful and selfish to our healthcare workers.
Anything less than a proper mask is useless and nothing but virtue signaling.

If I was sick I would wear a mask if I had to go out in public. I'm not, so I don't simple as that.

What if you are sick and don't know it?
Your are not sick, if have no symptoms. Being asymptomatic means you have the virus in your system and you're producing the antibodies to fight it off. It's called sub-clinical infection since the infection is not causing a disease. Since you have the virus in your system, you can spread it. The same thing happens with many diseases such as the flu and the common cold.

I am sorry, I don't buy your bullshit. There are 5 sailors on the USS Theodore Roosevelt that have COVID-19 for the 2nd time!

N95 masks provide near complete protection for the wearer and others. Suppose there were enough for everyone in the country, imagine how few cases there would be. Business and schools could open almost immediately with little danger to employees and customers or students and teachers. So why aren’t we doing it?

As it turns out, the cost of manufacturing an N95 mask is only about 58 cents. The CDC recommends masks are changed every 8 hours of use. It might be a lot less for non-healthcare employees. Assuming a mask could be made available for $1 each and all employers and schools were required to provide masks for employees and students, the cost would be about $15 a month for each full time employee or student. The general public would be required to wear N95 masks in public places with the federal government subsidizing the cost for low income families.

Although the cost is high, about 4 or 5 billion a month it’s a lot less than what the epidemic is costing the country, not to mention the loss of lives and the disruption to the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We could open up schools and business as soon as the masks were available and we probably could do away with most restrictions. If the program was successful, there’s a good chance the virus could be almost eliminated within a few months. Sporting events and concerts and other mass gathering could continue. So why isn't it even being considered?

you realize those masks are supposed to be one time use. They’re not supposed to be used over & over again. They’re being done so because of because of necessity.

Why do you say they are one time use? Unless you snot all over them, should they disinfect themselves over time.

you realize those masks are supposed to be one time use. They’re not supposed to be used over & over again. They’re being done so because of because of necessity.

Why do you say they are one time use? Unless you snot all over them, should they disinfect themselves over time.

Because they were never designed for multiple reuse.

Because we can't make them fast enough.
We certainly could make them fast enough if as a nation we decided to do so. It's amazing what a nation can do when the people pull together to win the fight.

We're making them as fast as we can. In fact, Trump had to pressure 3-M to sell their masks more exclusively to the US than other nations.

We have over 340 million people here. Many other companies have given up their highest selling products to convert over to making PPE. However our care givers are first in line. After that, our first responders should be protected. Once we can accomplish that, then people like myself at high risk should be considered. But 340 million people using one mask a day is impossible to provide.

That's why we need more antibody testing if anything. It makes no sense to be giving no-risk people N-95 masks when they don't actually need them.

If a country has the capacity to make a hundred billion bullets in a year, I think they have the capacity to make a hundred billion masks.

It is much harder to make masks because they are difficult to automate. Bullets are easy.

If I was sick I would wear a mask if I had to go out in public. I'm not, so I don't simple as that.

What if you are sick and don't know it?
Your are not sick, if have no symptoms. Being asymptomatic means you have the virus in your system and you're producing the antibodies to fight it off. It's called sub-clinical infection since the infection is not causing a disease. Since you have the virus in your system, you can spread it. The same thing happens with many diseases such as the flu and the common cold.

I am sorry, I don't buy your bullshit. There are 5 sailors on the USS Theodore Roosevelt that have COVID-19 for the 2nd time!
I didn't say having the virus granted you immunity. In fact, there is no scientific data showing any long term immunity. However, there is evidence that antibodies do remain in the system after recovery. I think most people are assuming there will be some long term immunity because it there is no immunity the chance of getting and effective vaccine is not good. We just might have to live with it or die with it as the case may be.

Because they were never designed for multiple reuse.
Why do you say that? I have one with filters that say they should be good for a minimum of 6 weeks with wear 24/7.

CDC recommends it be change every 8 hours, but that's in a hospital setting. When I calculated the number masks, I figured on a mask a day. That's why the numbers are so high. If the general public used them, most people would people would get more than a day's use because most people away from work, do not spend 8 hours a day in a public setting. There are some masks with changeable filters but I didn't look at those.
But a hospital setting is cleaner than being out and about. Wearing one outside of a hospital setting will cause it to be contaminated much faster as well as causing it to degrade faster.

Parachutes are extremely useful and save lives too..... in an extremely narrow set of circumstances.
Masks are the same way. If you think wearing one everywhere, all the time, is useful, then you're just not thinking.

Seriously? Are you that fucking stupid? I would not go to the doctor or hospital with my wife because every time I did, I caught some dread disease in the waiting room!

Nothing wrong with masking up. We have those that walk around saying "I'm not wearing no mask" because I'm an invincible american.
No one said there was anything wrong with wearing a mask just as there is nothing wrong with NOT wearing a mask.
There IS something wrong with no wearing a mask. All you brain-damaged typhoid Mary's out there will be spreading COVID-19 and never know you had it.

The people not wearing masks are the incredibly spoiled ones who don't have any objection to spreading a potentially fatal disease around society. They basically don't care if they cause the death of someone else.
People who wear masks are control freaks who think they can tell others what to wear in the futile attempt to control a fucking virus.

The mask is not for you dipshit, it is for people you come into contact with!

They lower your oxygen levels and if you wear them for an extended period can make you pass out. They can actually make you more susceptible to the virus over time.

Bullshit. Nothing to it but utter bullshit put out there by some quack who wanted to be on TV or see his name in print.

CDC recommends it be change every 8 hours, but that's in a hospital setting. When I calculated the number masks, I figured on a mask a day. That's why the numbers are so high. If the general public used them, most people would people would get more than a day's use because most people away from work, do not spend 8 hours a day in a public setting. There are some masks with changeable filters but I didn't look at those.
But a hospital setting is cleaner than being out and about. Wearing one outside of a hospital setting will cause it to be contaminated much faster as well as causing it to degrade faster.

Parachutes are extremely useful and save lives too..... in an extremely narrow set of circumstances.
Masks are the same way. If you think wearing one everywhere, all the time, is useful, then you're just not thinking.

Seriously? Are you that fucking stupid? I would not go to the doctor or hospital with my wife because every time I did, I caught some dread disease in the waiting room!
I work in an ER in downtown Houston, I get exposed to shit all the time. Harden the fuck up.

Quit being a drama queen, will you?

All speculation. There is no data to support that prognostication. It is unscientific and hysterical. Those in power will always use fear to control the population.

All we have is speculation. My grandsons are 10 and 13 years old and has not been out in public since February. I would kind of like them to have a somewhat normal childhood, but if you morons spread the disease again, we will lockdown for months again.

Forum List

Back