Why aren't you wearing an N95 Mask?

Y
you got a problem with me not wearing a mask? tough shit. this is america, the birthplace of freedom!
Freedom does not include the right to make others sick.
Someone choosing not to wear a mask is not making you sick, and you know it. That's just an excuse you use to justify your shitty behavior to yourself.
This sort of "you not doing what I tell you = you endangering lives" bullshit is a good way for us to tell who the authoritarians are, so thanks for that. It's always good to know who all the shitty little backstabbers are.
When a lot of someones refuse to wear masks and following other rules, it will make people sick. And when the number of cases and death rates rise rapidly, the governors will shut down businesses.
All speculation. There is no data to support that prognostication. It is unscientific and hysterical. Those in power will always use fear to control the population.

All we have is speculation. My grandsons are 10 and 13 years old and has not been out in public since February. I would kind of like them to have a somewhat normal childhood, but if you morons spread the disease again, we will lockdown for months again.
Normal for what?
Not for a free country.....

Stupid fucker!
Coward.

Your grandchildren should be ashamed of you for being such a weak, simpering, pussy.

Knock that shit off and start setting a proper example of a man, you wuss.

How do you figure that?

You need to go walk into a COVID-19 patients hospital room (which you cannot even get in) and go ahead and infect yourself. Maybe some you care about will be one of that small percentage that dies!

In other words, you stupid MFer, you should get what you deserve.
You sound like a whiny, hysterical bitch.

You sound like an asshole with a room temp IQ. I'd rather be a whiny bitch. Now, STFU and get back on topic queer bait!

N95 masks provide near complete protection for the wearer and others. Suppose there were enough for everyone in the country, imagine how few cases there would be. Business and schools could open almost immediately with little danger to employees and customers or students and teachers. So why aren’t we doing it?

As it turns out, the cost of manufacturing an N95 mask is only about 58 cents. The CDC recommends masks are changed every 8 hours of use. It might be a lot less for non-healthcare employees. Assuming a mask could be made available for $1 each and all employers and schools were required to provide masks for employees and students, the cost would be about $15 a month for each full time employee or student. The general public would be required to wear N95 masks in public places with the federal government subsidizing the cost for low income families.

Although the cost is high, about 4 or 5 billion a month it’s a lot less than what the epidemic is costing the country, not to mention the loss of lives and the disruption to the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We could open up schools and business as soon as the masks were available and we probably could do away with most restrictions. If the program was successful, there’s a good chance the virus could be almost eliminated within a few months. Sporting events and concerts and other mass gathering could continue. So why isn't it even being considered?

you realize those masks are supposed to be one time use. They’re not supposed to be used over & over again. They’re being done so because of because of necessity.
CDC recommends it be change every 8 hours, but that's in a hospital setting. When I calculated the number masks, I figured on a mask a day. That's why the numbers are so high. If the general public used them, most people would people would get more than a day's use because most people away from work, do not spend 8 hours a day in a public setting. There are some masks with changeable filters but I didn't look at those.
But a hospital setting is cleaner than being out and about. Wearing one outside of a hospital setting will cause it to be contaminated much faster as well as causing it to degrade faster.

Parachutes are extremely useful and save lives too..... in an extremely narrow set of circumstances.
Masks are the same way. If you think wearing one everywhere, all the time, is useful, then you're just not thinking.

Seriously? Are you that fucking stupid? I would not go to the doctor or hospital with my wife because every time I did, I caught some dread disease in the waiting room!
I absolutely HATE hospitals for that very reason. Why would I want to venture into a concentrated closed area of really sick people?
It is pretty bad as far as germs, but your immune system gets a hell of a workout, and gets strong as hell as a result.
TANSTAAFL
You can also can get quite ill because sniffles setting next you, wiping snot on the chair arm you share, and has a case of the heebie jeebies.

We were originally told to save PPE for healthcare.
The surgical clinic my wife works for is running short, so I see the use of N95 masks as unhelpful and selfish to our healthcare workers.
Anything less than a proper mask is useless and nothing but virtue signaling.

My niece made masks for everybody in the family. Of course, they are not N-95's. She told me not to worry as the fabric she created the masks from are pretty protective for myself and others. She suggested that if I wear it frequently, perhaps spray it with Lysol at the end of the day. Every other day use, if there is any Covid on it, it will die on it's own.

While she is only a waitress at a restaurant in Florida, she is also a college graduate with a biology degree, hoping for a break in a medical laboratory. I place my trust in her judgment and education her truck driver Uncle doesn't have.

N95 masks provide near complete protection for the wearer and others. Suppose there were enough for everyone in the country, imagine how few cases there would be. Business and schools could open almost immediately with little danger to employees and customers or students and teachers. So why aren’t we doing it?

As it turns out, the cost of manufacturing an N95 mask is only about 58 cents. The CDC recommends masks are changed every 8 hours of use. It might be a lot less for non-healthcare employees. Assuming a mask could be made available for $1 each and all employers and schools were required to provide masks for employees and students, the cost would be about $15 a month for each full time employee or student. The general public would be required to wear N95 masks in public places with the federal government subsidizing the cost for low income families.

Although the cost is high, about 4 or 5 billion a month it’s a lot less than what the epidemic is costing the country, not to mention the loss of lives and the disruption to the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We could open up schools and business as soon as the masks were available and we probably could do away with most restrictions. If the program was successful, there’s a good chance the virus could be almost eliminated within a few months. Sporting events and concerts and other mass gathering could continue. So why isn't it even being considered?

you realize those masks are supposed to be one time use. They’re not supposed to be used over & over again. They’re being done so because of because of necessity.

Why do you say they are one time use? Unless you snot all over them, should they disinfect themselves over time.

Because they were never designed for multiple reuse.
Why do you say that? I have one with filters that say they should be good for a minimum of 6 weeks with wear 24/7.

sure if you are using it to protect against dust. I’m talking about virus particles.
Are the virus particles immortal?

The mask is designed for persons with compromised immune systems. I have a spare one from my grandson.
Scientist believe it will last a maximum of about 7 days under lab conditions. On most surfaces, it's outer covering will lose cohesion within a couple of days and in air only a few hours. So it has a fairly limited amount of time to find a host. Even when it finds a host, the amount of virus has to be enough to start and infection.

The surgical clinic my wife works for is running short, so I see the use of N95 masks as unhelpful and selfish to our healthcare workers.

My niece made masks for everybody in the family. Of course, they are not N-95's. She told me not to worry as the fabric she created the masks from are pretty protective for myself and others. She suggested that if I wear it frequently, perhaps spray it with Lysol at the end of the day. Every other day use, if there is any Covid on it, it will die on it's own.

While she is only a waitress at a restaurant in Florida, she is also a college graduate with a biology degree, hoping for a break in a medical laboratory. I place my trust in her judgment and education her truck driver Uncle doesn't have.
Just about any fine weave cloth will make a good mass. The purpose is to block large respiratory droplets you expel when you sneeze, cough, talk, or even sing. These droplets carry the virus. A droplet is typically hundreds of thousands of times larger than the virus. 100 million coranavirus particles will fit on the head of a pin. They are tiny little buggers but they make up for their size in numbers.

Where the hell can you even buy a N95 mask right now? Everywhere I’ve looked is sold out. I’ve got two I bought a long time ago if I ever really need...

I had a box of 50 when this started. I keep them for when I do certain construction jobs like spraying or something real dusty. I gave a bunch away to some cops. You couldn't pay me to wear one for this ridiculous virus crap

Just about any fine weave cloth will make a good mass. The purpose is to block large respiratory droplets you expel when you sneeze, cough, talk, or even sing. These droplets carry the virus. A droplet is typically hundreds of thousands of times larger than the virus. 100 million coranavirus particles will fit on the head of a pin. They are tiny little buggers but they make up for their size in numbers.

I trust my niece with her assessment that the masks she made will protect us as well as others around us. I don't have a biology degree--she does.

Y
you got a problem with me not wearing a mask? tough shit. this is america, the birthplace of freedom!
Freedom does not include the right to make others sick.
Someone choosing not to wear a mask is not making you sick, and you know it. That's just an excuse you use to justify your shitty behavior to yourself.
This sort of "you not doing what I tell you = you endangering lives" bullshit is a good way for us to tell who the authoritarians are, so thanks for that. It's always good to know who all the shitty little backstabbers are.
When a lot of someones refuse to wear masks and following other rules, it will make people sick. And when the number of cases and death rates rise rapidly, the governors will shut down businesses.
All speculation. There is no data to support that prognostication. It is unscientific and hysterical. Those in power will always use fear to control the population.

All we have is speculation. My grandsons are 10 and 13 years old and has not been out in public since February. I would kind of like them to have a somewhat normal childhood, but if you morons spread the disease again, we will lockdown for months again.
Normal for what?
Not for a free country.....

Stupid fucker!
Coward.

Your grandchildren should be ashamed of you for being such a weak, simpering, pussy.

Knock that shit off and start setting a proper example of a man, you wuss.

How do you figure that?

You need to go walk into a COVID-19 patients hospital room (which you cannot even get in) and go ahead and infect yourself. Maybe some you care about will be one of that small percentage that dies!

In other words, you stupid MFer, you should get what you deserve.
You sound like a whiny, hysterical bitch.

You sound like an asshole with a room temp IQ. I'd rather be a whiny bitch. Now, STFU and get back on topic queer bait!
I thought your hysteria and authoritarian attitude was the topic.

CDC recommends it be change every 8 hours, but that's in a hospital setting. When I calculated the number masks, I figured on a mask a day. That's why the numbers are so high. If the general public used them, most people would people would get more than a day's use because most people away from work, do not spend 8 hours a day in a public setting. There are some masks with changeable filters but I didn't look at those.
But a hospital setting is cleaner than being out and about. Wearing one outside of a hospital setting will cause it to be contaminated much faster as well as causing it to degrade faster.

Parachutes are extremely useful and save lives too..... in an extremely narrow set of circumstances.
Masks are the same way. If you think wearing one everywhere, all the time, is useful, then you're just not thinking.

Seriously? Are you that fucking stupid? I would not go to the doctor or hospital with my wife because every time I did, I caught some dread disease in the waiting room!
I absolutely HATE hospitals for that very reason. Why would I want to venture into a concentrated closed area of really sick people?
It is pretty bad as far as germs, but your immune system gets a hell of a workout, and gets strong as hell as a result.
TANSTAAFL
You can also can get quite ill because sniffles setting next you, wiping snot on the chair arm you share, and has a case of the heebie jeebies.
If you get sick, stay home.
When you go to work, you walk in and the first thing you do is glove up and wipe down your area, desks, countertops, keyboards, phones, etc, with these; Amazon.com: Professional Disposables Surface Disinfectant Super Sani-Cloth Wipes, 160 Count: Industrial & Scientific
Use PPE properly and periodically re-wipe everything.

I have yet to see a single member of the ER staff contract it or anything else, yet.

It is possible to be careful without losing your damn minds people. (eyeroll)

Last edited:

I had a box of 50 when this started. I keep them for when I do certain construction jobs like spraying or something real dusty. I gave a bunch away to some cops. You couldn't pay me to wear one for this ridiculous virus crap

corona mask.jpg

I work in an ER in downtown Houston, I get exposed to shit all the time. Harden the fuck up.

Quit being a drama queen, will you?

You don't wear PPE? Right! Have someone let us know when you die so we can symbolically piss on your grave.
The virus can also enter via your eyes. You planning on wearing goggles?

Listen up for possible penetration, wearing a mask is to prevent you spreading it to others. Take a minute and let that sink in. unless you are crying on someone, who gives a shit? Sneezes and coughs are the main method of transmission. Most of the fucking morons in America are confused by the purpose of the masks. They will not keep you safe. whatever you may be carrying.They are used to protect others FROM you.
Even healthcare workers don’t wear the N95 masks for long periods of time. They are particularly bad for people with respiratory issues.

Bullshit. Where do you dig up this crock of crap? An N95 is easy to breathe through that those paper masks.
Stanford is actually working on modifications because of it..

“But in filtering those particles, the mask also makes it harder to breathe. N95 masks are estimated to reduce oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 to 20 percent. That’s significant, even for a healthy person. It can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. If you wear a mask long enough, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening”.

Do you fear porn people even research this stuff before trying to force It on others.
And by the way. No one believes you selfish idiots do this out of the goodness of your heart.

Last edited:

I don't doubt your niece doesn't have a biology degree but I would ask her if she is sure about spraying the lysol into the mask. I had read in a science magazine you shouldn't do that but rather after wearing put it in sun for a few hours. I know where your located probably doesn't have the amount of daily sunlight we have in down here but ask her what she think's. I have N95 and regular surgical masks the surgical I throw away most of the time with one use but do put them in the sun for a few hours. The N95's I have I do find very restricted in my breathing but probably because I have copd. I only wear either or when I go into a store and will when I go to the doctor.

View attachment 337244
You're a herd animal, and it's a brand.

Congratulations...... you're embracing your status as livestock.

I don't doubt your niece doesn't have a biology degree but I would ask her if she is sure about spraying the lysol into the mask. I had read in a science magazine you shouldn't do that but rather after wearing put it in sun for a few hours. I know where your located probably doesn't have the amount of daily sunlight we have in down here but ask her what she think's. I have N95 and regular surgical masks the surgical I throw away most of the time with one use but do put them in the sun for a few hours. The N95's I have I do find very restricted in my breathing but probably because I have copd. I only wear either or when I go into a store and will when I go to the doctor.

I'll ask her next time I see her, but her opinion is that if I only wear it every other day or so, no cleaning is required unless it's a personal desire. What I got off the internet is that the virus can last up to one day on paper and cloth products, but three days on plastic. Of course, as always, that is subject to change.

Everyone I get close enough to to infect, on the off chance I may have it, consented to me being that close to them.

Really? So the person in front of you in the grocery store checkout line got your consent to be two feet away from you?
I was a mean, anti-social person before this, I don't get that close to people anyway.
The only way you have to worry about what I have is when your wife comes home from my place, but at least she'll be in a good mood.
You're welcome.

I would be very shocked if the ever happened..............given the fact I was never married.

Everyone I get close enough to to infect, on the off chance I may have it, consented to me being that close to them.

Really? So the person in front of you in the grocery store checkout line got your consent to be two feet away from you?
I was a mean, anti-social person before this, I don't get that close to people anyway.
The only way you have to worry about what I have is when your wife comes home from my place, but at least she'll be in a good mood.
You're welcome.

Family is a no no little man.

Forum List

Back