Why California is a SHITHOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the result of liberalism gone wild. No other state should be required to support California by way of taxation.

Beautiful California has gone from red to deep blue and from rich to poor. In fact, itā€™s the poorest state in the union. The state is now the poverty capital of America.

The California state and local governments spent nearly $958 billion from 1992 through 2015 on public welfare programs, including cash-assistance payments, vendor payments, and other ā€œpublic welfareā€ according to Census Bureau.

In an op-ed by Kerry Jackson for the LA Times, the author reports that California, with 12% of the nationā€™s population, California also has a disproportionate one in three welfare recipients. The generous spending meant to reduce poverty appears to have increased it, she observes.

Why California Is the Poverty Capital of America! Itā€™s About the $958 Billion
Is New York a shithole?
No. Upstate New York is beautiful and rather civilized. There are portions of NYC that are shitholes. Despite having a goddamned communist mayor, there are some great things in NYC. I don't think NYC can be beat within the USA for its quality and quantity of excellent museums. I've visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art (fantastic), the American Museum of Natural History (amazing), the Frick Collection (immaculate), and the Guggenheim (least impressive, but some great art).

California is the only shithole on my list of states. Some others are on my list of states I do not plan to visit, but there are some good people in every state, including the shithole, California. (Many of the good and wise people formerly residing in California have left for better conditions. Others will follow.)

Where are they moving to?

Many of them have been, and still are, moving to Colorado. The main problem is that they are trying to turn Colorado into another California.
I spent several years in California in the 60"s and loved the place. Went back for a short time in the 90's and was horrified about what had happened to it in 30 short years. I can only imagine what it is like today. In the 90's, California was not only on it's way to becoming a shithole, it was beginning to smell like one.
Kinda what I think of col.

This is the result of liberalism gone wild. No other state should be required to support California by way of taxation.

Beautiful California has gone from red to deep blue and from rich to poor. In fact, itā€™s the poorest state in the union. The state is now the poverty capital of America.

The California state and local governments spent nearly $958 billion from 1992 through 2015 on public welfare programs, including cash-assistance payments, vendor payments, and other ā€œpublic welfareā€ according to Census Bureau.

In an op-ed by Kerry Jackson for the LA Times, the author reports that California, with 12% of the nationā€™s population, California also has a disproportionate one in three welfare recipients. The generous spending meant to reduce poverty appears to have increased it, she observes.

California. Either you are a wealthy, or uber smart, because there is a razor edge. Because either way, there isn't room for middle class or poor unless you happen to be Mexicans or black. You cant be a poor white American plebes there. Nope, instead, we get bullocks about open immigration, so called "sanctuary cities" (we never actually had a choice on), displacing poor DUMB white Americans for the profit of the tiny tinsey minority WHITE wealthy elitist pricks that coincidentally hire illegals and profit from this immigration disaster, but then also manipulate American politics to benefit THEM. We have to end this madness, and people that created this mess need to die, wither on the vine, or go out of business altogether.
I am a white middle class adult. All my neighbors are middle class and so is the town we live in. I am a person who believes in DACA and not splitting families up.
Really. I actually split up a illegal alien Mexican family. Relax, it was legal, we forget about laws, but YES, laws do still exist. I say it rather flippantly, but truer words were never spoken. We split up families all the time, divorce for instance. But this poor Mexican guy slugged another poor poor Mexican guy, cops were called, and the rest is history. Yadda yadda. And, damn, all they have to do (my mantra) is legally immigrate. Only an idiot would question THAT. But here we are, none the less.

Last edited:
The population [of California} is growing. This kinda negates your contention.

You have illegal aliens and homeless flooding into the state plus most every illegal couple wants an anchor baby.

Why is this the case?
20' UHaul Truck from SF, CA to Houston, TX $3,431.
20' UHaul Truck from Houston, TX to SF, CA $1,105

https://www.uhaul.com/ReservationsMVC/RatesTrucks/

Three times the cost to move out of California because they have to pay to have the trucks brought back to California.

Last edited:
...... I live exactly as the republicans say a person should live......

Republicans don't say all people should live one particular way. It's the democrats bag to tell people how to live.
I mean things like work hard, donā€™t spend money you donā€™t have, go to school if you want to make more money, donā€™t have kids you canā€™t afford, save money.

`
I've been to California a whole bunch of times. LA, Orange County and San Diego mainly. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
`

Is New York a shithole?
No. Upstate New York is beautiful and rather civilized. There are portions of NYC that are shitholes. Despite having a goddamned communist mayor, there are some great things in NYC. I don't think NYC can be beat within the USA for its quality and quantity of excellent museums. I've visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art (fantastic), the American Museum of Natural History (amazing), the Frick Collection (immaculate), and the Guggenheim (least impressive, but some great art).

California is the only shithole on my list of states. Some others are on my list of states I do not plan to visit, but there are some good people in every state, including the shithole, California. (Many of the good and wise people formerly residing in California have left for better conditions. Others will follow.)

Where are they moving to?

Many of them have been, and still are, moving to Colorado. The main problem is that they are trying to turn Colorado into another California.
I spent several years in California in the 60"s and loved the place. Went back for a short time in the 90's and was horrified about what had happened to it in 30 short years. I can only imagine what it is like today. In the 90's, California was not only on it's way to becoming a shithole, it was beginning to smell like one.
You know even Poor people in Hawaii are unhappy too?

What do you tell black people who live in ghettos? You tell them to move.

So you are a poor person who moved from one shithole to the next? Why did you move from one shithole to another?

If you were unhappy and unsuccessful in two different places either itā€™s not the places fault itā€™s you or you keep moving to the wrong places.

I doubt California and Colorado are shitholes but maybe if you are poor they are?

Lol,

Califorina is a first world state next to most of the south.
-Higher standard of living
-Higher quality education
-Higher quality healthcare

You fucking cave men are so stupid that you probably should go back to school. idiot.

For whom Comrade?

California has 99.9999999999% of our wealth in the hands of a dozen Oligarchs in Silicone Valley. There is no middle class anymore. 70% of the state lives in abject poverty, as seen by the cardboard boxes that are their homes along the Santa Ana. 25% are parasites "working" for the State to crush freedom and drive business out. This Apparatchik class has replaced the once dominate middle class.

California once had a community college system that was the envy of the nation, but the Jr. Colleges often fail to obtain regional accreditation as the focus turned from education to indoctrination. Students may not be able to read or write, but they hate Trump, as the Oligarchs have priorities.

I've lived here my entire life. This was once the greatest state in the nation. Now it is Venezuela.

California seems to be the golden gate for illegals, not so much for American citizens. Illegal alien's credo seems to be; "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission". And their American employers, practically drool over poor Mexicans, oblige them and cynically use politics and amoral rationalizations to "empower" illegal aliens. We need to put un-American unbridled greed out of business once and for all. Stick a fork in their ass, end them.

Another hater and jealous.....Poverty rate doesn't mean much otherwise Turkmenistan is better ranked better than the US and Germany for example.
Those who are poor in California are wealthy compared to most of the inhabitants of the flyover states.
Stop hating on us, we make most of the stuff you enjoy From shows, movies, technology, food, etc....Go to Church and follow the scripture of not being mean and hateful.
I don't hate Californians. I hate California's government, Washington politicians and intolerant liberal 'professors'. Very few Hollywood movies are worth a shit these days. Hollywood stars do not turn me on and have no better political opinions than Joe the Plumber.

I love California wine, walnuts, artichokes, kiwis, plums, celery, garlic, cauliflower, spinach, carrots, and beautiful women.

I am not mean and hateful. I am admittedly harsh in the art of criticism and occasionally vulgar.

...and yes, I love you too.

California is still a SHITHOLE!

I have ben to nearly all of the states. And none are shit holes. In my humble but correct opinion. And, while I do not enjoy heavily populated states, I do not see them as shitholes. If they were, they would not have the number of people living in them, and enjoying living there, as they do.
Now, some of the southern states, maybe. Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, and a couple others, yeah,. But like you, it is a personal opinion. And like your opinion, it means nothing at all.
I respect your opinion.

[

No California, by far is the best state in the union. We also think red states are shit holes...but to each his own. Let us enjoy our state and run it the way we want. In the mean time we were at the beach yesterday it 82 and yes we were swimming. Please don't hate us for that too.

Fucking liar.

It was 49Ā° and raining yesterday.

That is the OC Beaches. The North Coast was FAR colder.

[

No California, by far is the best state in the union. We also think red states are shit holes...but to each his own. Let us enjoy our state and run it the way we want. In the mean time we were at the beach yesterday it 82 and yes we were swimming. Please don't hate us for that too.

Fucking liar.

It was 49Ā° and raining yesterday.

That is the OC Beaches. The North Coast was FAR colder.
Few days of the year of course. Didn't deny that did i ? We are not the sahara.

`
I've been to California a whole bunch of times. LA, Orange County and San Diego mainly. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
`
I wouldnā€™t want to live in LA either.

I live 30 minutes from Detroit. Great city called Walled Lake. I wouldnā€™t want to live in Detroit just like I wouldnā€™t want to live in LA but Iā€™m sure there are nice suburbs a half hour away from every major city.

Iā€™d hate to live in NYC but Iā€™d love it if I had a nyc 1 hour from where I live.

I go vacation up north Michigan. Very country. Love it. But itā€™s too far from a major city. The sweet spot is to live a half hour to an hour away from the crime

Lol,

You fucking cave men are so stupid that you probably should go back to school. idiot.

For whom Comrade?

California has 99.9999999999% of our wealth in the hands of a dozen Oligarchs in Silicone Valley. There is no middle class anymore. 70% of the state lives in abject poverty, as seen by the cardboard boxes that are their homes along the Santa Ana. 25% are parasites "working" for the State to crush freedom and drive business out. This Apparatchik class has replaced the once dominate middle class.

California once had a community college system that was the envy of the nation, but the Jr. Colleges often fail to obtain regional accreditation as the focus turned from education to indoctrination. Students may not be able to read or write, but they hate Trump, as the Oligarchs have priorities.

I've lived here my entire life. This was once the greatest state in the nation. Now it is Venezuela.
I may not agree with you why but I do agree the middle class is still struggling in California. Proof trump hasnā€™t made America great again. Weā€™re waiting.

Remember what he said before he was president, ā€œleadership, no matter what youā€™re responsibleā€

The statistic show that CA is in decline.
Liberals spread poverty and misery.

We are Venezuela. The State is literally crashing as we speak.

I've never seen anything like this, nor did I ever think it could happen here. This used to be a prosperous state. Now you either work for the government, or you are homeless. All for the pleasure of a dozen billionaire Oligarchs in Palo Alto.

Lol,

Oh look California last in the number of high school graduates

List of U.S. states by educational attainment - Wikipedia

State % High school graduate Rank % Bachelor's degree Rank % Advanced degree Rank
Montana 91.8% 1 29.5% 20 9.5% 32
Minnesota 92.4% 2 33.7% 10 11.2% 17
Wyoming 92.3% 3 25.7% 40 8.6% 40
Alaska 92.1% 4 28.0% 26 10.1% 27
New Hampshire 92.0% 5 34.9% 8 13.0% 9
Vermont 91.8% 6 36.0% 7 14.3% 6
North Dakota 91.7% 7 27.7% 28 7.6% 48
Maine 91.6% 8 29.0% 22 10.3% 24
Iowa 91.5% 9 26.7% 35 8.5% 41
Utah 91.2% 10 31.1% 15 10.4% 23
Hawaii 91.0% 11 30.8% 17 10.5% 21
Wisconsin 91.0% 11 27.8% 27 9.4% 33
South Dakota 90.9% 13 27.0% 33 8.0% 43
Nebraska 90.7% 14 29.3% 21 9.7% 30
Colorado 90.7% 14 38.1% 2 14.0% 7
Washington 90.4% 16 32.9% 11 12.0% 13
Kansas 90.2% 17 31.0% 16 11.0% 19
Connecticut 89.9% 18 37.6% 4 16.6% 3
Oregon 89.8% 19 30.8% 17 11.5% 15
Massachusetts 89.8% 19 40.5% 1 17.7% 1
Michigan 89.6% 21 26.9% 34 10.5% 21
Idaho 89.5% 22 25.9% 38 8.2% 42
Maryland 89.4% 23 37.9% 3 17.3% 2
District of Columbia 89.3% 54.6% 31.3%
Pennsylvania 89.2% 24 28.6% 24 11.2% 17
Ohio 89.1% 25 26.1% 37 9.7% 30
New Jersey 88.6% 26 36.8% 5 14.0% 7
Delaware 88.4% 27 30.0% 19 12.2% 12
Missouri 88.4% 27 27.1% 32 10.2% 25
Virginia 88.3% 29 36.3% 6 15.4% 4
Illinois 87.9% 30 32.3% 12 12.4% 11
Indiana 87.8% 31 24.1% 42 8.7% 38
Oklahoma 86.9% 32 24.1% 42 8.0% 43
Florida 86.9% 32 27.3% 31 9.8% 29
United States 86.7% 29.8% 11.2%
Rhode Island 86.2% 34 31.9% 13 12.8% 10
Arizona 86.0% 35 27.5% 30 10.2% 25
North Carolina 85.8% 36 28.4% 25 9.9% 28
New York 85.6% 37 34.2% 9 14.8% 5
South Carolina 85.6% 37 25.8% 39 9.3% 35
Tennessee 85.5% 39 24.9% 41 9.0% 37
Georgia 85.4% 40 28.8% 23 10.7% 20
Nevada 85.1% 41 23.0% 45 7.9% 45
West Virginia 85.0% 42 19.2% 50 7.4% 50
Arkansas 84.8% 43 21.1% 48 7.5% 49
Alabama 84.3% 44 23.5% 44 8.7% 38
New Mexico 84.2% 45 26.3% 36 11.5% 15
Kentucky 84.2% 45 22.3% 47 9.2% 36
Louisiana 83.4% 47 22.5% 46 7.7% 46
Mississippi 82.3% 48 20.7% 49 7.7% 46
Texas 81.9% 49 27.6% 29 9.4% 33
California 79.8% 50

In all fairness though, 80% of our high school students are illegal aliens.

If you took only Americans, the results would be much better.

California sends more money to the Federal coffers than they get back.

The states that take more than they send are the red states.

Alabama, for instance, gets $2.00 back for every dollar they send to Washington.

Nope.

It's not 1994 anymore Stalin.

California was the single largest recipient of the Porkulus handout by Obama, which went right into the pockets of the public employee unions. California consumes vastly more federal dollars than we generate.

California. Either you are a wealthy, or uber smart, because there is a razor edge. Because either way, there isn't room for middle class or poor unless you happen to be Mexicans or black.

I have spent a lot of time in California. Enough time to know you are way wrong. And the stats say 49.7% of the population is middle class in California. So, you are flat wrong. What a surprise.
If you have a problem with the mexicans coming into the US from Mexico, then perhaps you should talk to farmers, me poor ignorant girl. Because they can not get non mexican workers to pick their crops, or do the work that they need done. Same in many other states. So, they bring in the workers from Mexico, based on a promise of work, and you want them thrown out. Simply proving you are ignorant. Cons love low priced produce, but hate the people brought here to pick it.

los-angeles-california-usa-26th-july-2017-tents-belonging-to-homeless-JP018K.jpg

los-angeles-california-usa-12th-may-2015-homeless-people-are-seen-EP0K5F.jpg

chanatown-homeless-removal-salinas-ca-1.jpg

This is LITERALLY a few miles from my house;

iu

The better question is why are you calling California a shithole? millions of Americans live there, good honest hard working Americans, every state has problems. huge population states have more things to contend with than little states with just a few million.
It is true that California has a lot of good, honest, hard working people. I have already stated that my criticism of California stems from its plethora of liberal politicians that have enabled the state to become a shithole. I sympathize with the general population for having to put up with the results of rampant liberalism, the influx and coddling of illegal aliens and the crime they bring. The Kate Steinle family and friends come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back