Why California Is In Trouble – 340,000 Public Employees With $100,000+ Paychecks Cost Taxpayers $45 Billion

Some people feel that the lockdown has lasted so long because it is not affecting public employees and elected politicians.

Anyone who gets paid by the government is getting his/her paycheck as usual. So it's understandable that they are not feeling the depression that people in the private sector are feeling.
You are 100% correct

most government employees are stting at home with full pay

We pay for schools through property taxes. If schools are closed our taxes should be reduced by that amount for every day they close. Teachers can get unemployment like everyone else.

To be honest, I think the majority of teachers are conscientious, and want to do right by their students. However, the administration, and a hard corp group of political activist teachers only want to indoctrinate our kids. I have witnessed this first hand at my daughters school. As a grade schooler the science teacher was terrifying the kids with global warming horse shit. Theories that had been debunked years ago. She was coming home just terrified. I sat her down, and educated her on the real science.

We spent three weeks going through the hard science behind geology, and chemistry, and meteorology so that she understood the concepts better than her science teacher did. The shitstorm began when she started teaching her fellow students the actual facts. I got called in before the principle, and the science teacher to explain myself. I was called an anti science denier, a religious zealot, and a danger to society until I presented my credentials. Suddenly they couldn't call me an anti science denier as I hold a PhD in geology from Caltech. Not exactly a religious fundamentalist school.

Needless to say I read them the riot act of my own and stated that if they continued to present unsubstantiated claims that I would sue them personally. They wouldn't get to use school funds to protect themselves, nor would they be able to get the county to provide for their defense either. I did say that they could present ANYTHING they wanted in support of the global warming nonsense so long as it would hold up to actual peer review. Not the "pal review" (which I was able to prove to them) that the global warming fraudsters are pushing, but papers that would stand up to scrutiny from any credible person.

We have been in a uneasy truce since then.

For a Phd., you still don't know the difference in "principle" and "principal"! :abgg2q.jpg:

Blame your "experts" who develop the spell check, moron.
I guess you don't understand :abgg2q.jpg:

No, it appears you try and deflect from a weak position, which is typical.

Here's the deal, I support good teachers. They do fantastic jobs. The problem is there is no merit system for teachers. If a teacher is shit there is no way to get rid of them.

Several years ago we had a Teacher of the year, let go, to keep a teacher on who was crap, but had been there longer.

That's the problem.

Whose opinion was it that the teacher was crap?

That is where your ignorance of public education shows. Teacher evaluation systems have been overhauled by many states based on a system used by one state and I do not recall from memory who and what it was. I do remember the process however. Don't perform? Get put on probation. Don't improve? You get fired. Tenured or not only reduces the required observations.

Because I was not tenured, I was let go from my last two positions because I was about to get tenured and had exceptional performance evaluations. They just didn't want me anymore. They could hire two teachers for what little they were paying me.

Pretty much every school kid she supposedly taught. Yada yada yada, who cares about teacher evaluation systems. They are all smoke and no thunder. They act as a smoke screen to protect shit teachers. That's all they do. The teachers unions cater to their sycophants and nobody else. Sounds like you shouldn't like the unions either. I know a guy who lives up in Virginia City. He is a member of the electricians union in san jose california. He pays dues and jumps through all the hoops they demand of him. He refuses to go work for a non union shop.

The problem is, if he did, he would be employed all of the time. With the union he gets two, maybe three gigs a year. All the rest of the jobs go to their pals. How about the Longshoremans union? They are so difficult to work with that almost all of them are out of work. In SF, there are so few ships offloading that they can use a skeleton crew now. Care to gues where the ships are offloading? Two new super harbors, one in Canada, and one in Mexico where they don't have to put up with the union shit.

That's where.

I was only a member of the unions for about half my career. One time they kept me from getting fired by a principal who was threatened by the fact that I had been an administrator. He constantly created problems with my performance out of mid-air just to mess with me. I embarrassed the crap out of him when he called our union rep in to fire me and I proved that I had been doing exactly as instructed and he just didn't know it because he was unfamiliar with our on-line grade program. I had helped design and install a similar program at my district while working on my Master's degree in Florida. He turned red in the face and did not speak to me for months afterward.

There were many students that thought I couldn't teach if you asked them, but they refused to even attempt the homework, slept in class, or did something else to guarantee their failure. Comparing their grades in other class, you found they failed those classes too. Principals and parents don't like having to deal with students who fail and often take it out on the teachers when the student alone is at fault.
There is opportunity for abuse on both sides

and I’m sure there is plenty of both
Unfortunately, you are incorrect.

Some people feel that the lockdown has lasted so long because it is not affecting public employees and elected politicians.

Anyone who gets paid by the government is getting his/her paycheck as usual. So it's understandable that they are not feeling the depression that people in the private sector are feeling.
You are 100% correct

We pay for schools through property taxes. If schools are closed our taxes should be reduced by that amount for every day they close. Teachers can get unemployment like everyone else.

To be honest, I think the majority of teachers are conscientious, and want to do right by their students. However, the administration, and a hard corp group of political activist teachers only want to indoctrinate our kids. I have witnessed this first hand at my daughters school. As a grade schooler the science teacher was terrifying the kids with global warming horse shit. Theories that had been debunked years ago. She was coming home just terrified. I sat her down, and educated her on the real science.

We spent three weeks going through the hard science behind geology, and chemistry, and meteorology so that she understood the concepts better than her science teacher did. The shitstorm began when she started teaching her fellow students the actual facts. I got called in before the principle, and the science teacher to explain myself. I was called an anti science denier, a religious zealot, and a danger to society until I presented my credentials. Suddenly they couldn't call me an anti science denier as I hold a PhD in geology from Caltech. Not exactly a religious fundamentalist school.

Needless to say I read them the riot act of my own and stated that if they continued to present unsubstantiated claims that I would sue them personally. They wouldn't get to use school funds to protect themselves, nor would they be able to get the county to provide for their defense either. I did say that they could present ANYTHING they wanted in support of the global warming nonsense so long as it would hold up to actual peer review. Not the "pal review" (which I was able to prove to them) that the global warming fraudsters are pushing, but papers that would stand up to scrutiny from any credible person.

For a Phd., you still don't know the difference in "principle" and "principal"! :abgg2q.jpg:

Here's the deal, I support good teachers. They do fantastic jobs. The problem is there is no merit system for teachers. If a teacher is shit there is no way to get rid of them.

Several years ago we had a Teacher of the year, let go, to keep a teacher on who was crap, but had been there longer.

That's the problem.

That is where your ignorance of public education shows. Teacher evaluation systems have been overhauled by many states based on a system used by one state and I do not recall from memory who and what it was. I do remember the process however. Don't perform? Get put on probation. Don't improve? You get fired. Tenured or not only reduces the required observations.

Because I was not tenured, I was let go from my last two positions because I was about to get tenured and had exceptional performance evaluations. They just didn't want me anymore. They could hire two teachers for what little they were paying me.

Pretty much every school kid she supposedly taught. Yada yada yada, who cares about teacher evaluation systems. They are all smoke and no thunder. They act as a smoke screen to protect shit teachers. That's all they do. The teachers unions cater to their sycophants and nobody else. Sounds like you shouldn't like the unions either. I know a guy who lives up in Virginia City. He is a member of the electricians union in san jose california. He pays dues and jumps through all the hoops they demand of him. He refuses to go work for a non union shop.

The problem is, if he did, he would be employed all of the time. With the union he gets two, maybe three gigs a year. All the rest of the jobs go to their pals. How about the Longshoremans union? They are so difficult to work with that almost all of them are out of work. In SF, there are so few ships offloading that they can use a skeleton crew now. Care to gues where the ships are offloading? Two new super harbors, one in Canada, and one in Mexico where they don't have to put up with the union shit.

That's where.

I was only a member of the unions for about half my career. One time they kept me from getting fired by a principal who was threatened by the fact that I had been an administrator. He constantly created problems with my performance out of mid-air just to mess with me. I embarrassed the crap out of him when he called our union rep in to fire me and I proved that I had been doing exactly as instructed and he just didn't know it because he was unfamiliar with our on-line grade program. I had helped design and install a similar program at my district while working on my Master's degree in Florida. He turned red in the face and did not speak to me for months afterward.

There were many students that thought I couldn't teach if you asked them, but they refused to even attempt the homework, slept in class, or did something else to guarantee their failure. Comparing their grades in other class, you found they failed those classes too. Principals and parents don't like having to deal with students who fail and often take it out on the teachers when the student alone is at fault.

Oh? Then you clearly pay no attention to the abuse by teachers on their students.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

Oh? Then you clearly pay no attention to the abuse by teachers on their students.
That is because it rarely happens but abuse of teachers is commonplace. I taught 21 years. I think I understand the problem better than a non-educator.

I wouldn’t worry about them too much, they will survive.

Remember, in the last few years they went from the worlds seventh largest economy to the worlds fifth largest economy.

They have money.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

That is because it rarely happens but abuse of teachers is commonplace. I taught 21 years. I think I understand the problem better than a non-educator.

What makes you think I am not an educator? My wife is a professor and I too was a professor.

In other words, you make assumptions based on your personal bias.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

What makes you think I am not an educator? My wife is a professor and I too was a professor.

With due respect, professors are not public school teachers so there is no way you could know.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

With due respect, professors are not public school teachers so there is no way you could know.

With all do respect my wife teaches at a public college, and we have friends who teach from pre K, up through high school, so you are talking out your ass again.

Considering the piss poor education result the supers are not worth that much money

I'm a public school teacher.
Are you claiming that I do a 'piss poor job'
Do you really want to hear what I think of public school teachers in America?

ok

I think teachers do a terrible job during the time they have children in their grasp

you may be slightly better than average or worse

But the standard is pretty low

Well, that's because Republican governors and state leaders don't want to pay for the "children of the poor" to have a decent education, so they cut spending in poor districts. They also cut wages and resources for teachers, and bought textbooks that promoted dumb ideas like "American Exceptionalism", and other lies, and you wonder why your people are so boneheaded and stupid.

40 years of Republican policies in the economy, healthcare and education have left Americans broke, sick and stupid.

Most public education in America is paid by local property taxes.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

With all do respect my wife teaches at a public college, and we have friends who teach from pre K, up through high school, so you are talking out your ass again.

If your friends are talking to you about their students and/or coworkers, they should be fired. That is a breach of ethics. Still, you have anecdotal evidence as opposed to actual experience. I'm am sorry, but you are unqualified to make those judgements.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

If your friends are talking to you about their students and/or coworkers, they should be fired. That is a breach of ethics. Still, you have anecdotal evidence as opposed to actual experience. I'm am sorry, but you are unqualified to make those judgements.

Our friends can speak all they want in a general sense, they may not mention any student by name so take your condescending attitude and shove it up your ass. My wife actually helped WRITE some of the laws that govern YOUR behavior, moron. So yes, we ARE qualified to make those judgements.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

Our friends can speak all they want in a general sense, they may not mention any student by name so take your condescending attitude and shove it up your ass. My wife actually helped WRITE some of the laws that govern YOUR behavior, moron. So yes, we ARE qualified to make those judgements.

So your wife teaches education classes? If not, why do you lie? All of the teacher evaluations we used after about 2010 are based on a book written by a female author, teacher and administrator in the 1990s. Is that your wife?

Last edited:

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

So your wife teaches education classes? If not, why do you lie? All of the teacher evaluations we used after about 2010 are based on a book written by a female author, teacher and administrator in the 1990s. Is that your wife?

No, but my wife was consulted for that book. She is an Industrial Organizational Psychologist. She has worked on some of the biggest discrimination lawsuits in this country, and helped write the psych tests that most LEO's and fireman take for job evaluations.

She can teach anything.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

No, but my wife was consulted for that book. She is an Industrial Organizational Psychologist. She has worked on some of the biggest discrimination lawsuits in this country, and helped write the psych tests that most LEO's and fireman take for job evaluations.

She can teach anything.

No, she was not. You are lying. Why do you do that? An Organizational Psychologist has NOTHING to do with teacher performance evaluations. I wish I had not disposed of my reference material when I retired or I could give you the name.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

She can teach anything.

No, she was not. You are lying. Why do you do that? An Organizational Psychologist has NOTHING to do with teacher performance evaluations. I wish I had not disposed of my reference material when I retired or I could give you the name.

You need to look up what IO psychologists do. Clearly you are waaaay out of your depth here.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

She can teach anything.

You need to look up what IO psychologists do. Clearly you are waaaay out of your depth here.

Bullshit! I know the topic inside and out from personal experience, and all you have is anecdotal evidence and a wife that teaches a topic not related to teacher evaluations.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

She can teach anything.

Bullshit! I know the topic inside and out from personal experience, and all you have is anecdotal evidence and a wife that teaches a topic not related to teacher evaluations.

Clearly you don't. IO psychologists are THE measurement experts. That is literally all they do. ALL HR departments for major companies have armies of them on staff. Most universities use them to help develop programs. Their other name is "Workplace Psychologists". They were invented by the Army. Like I said, you clearly don't know a fucking thing if you don't know how enmeshed IO psychologists are in the academic world.

You are 100% correct

That's the problem.

That's where.

She can teach anything.

Informative.

Considering the piss poor education result the supers are not worth that much money

I'm a public school teacher.
Are you claiming that I do a 'piss poor job'

I wouldn't. But I can say as a former Govt. employee many are well overpaid, they're often worthless, most operations are poorly managed & abused, and all receive a gift nobody else does in the form of high pensions and consistent spoils.

Forum List

Back