Why can't gays accept civil unions and just be done with it?

Marriage is not about whatever you fucking think so don't use that love shit, its all children and passing down property and ensuring that the partner is taken care of in the event of death, my plan says give gays all of this under a civil union and you still reject it.

No, actually I don't reject it. I think it is a fine idea...as long as it applies to all non familial consenting adult couples. If your "idea" (which isn't at all original) gives civil unions only to gays and legal marriage only to straights...well, I'm afraid that one simply won't work.

Here's a simple picture to tell you why it won't work...

Separate%20Water%20Fountains.jpg

Same water came out both of those fountains didn't it?

Kind of an old picture to illustrate separate but equal, now post photo's of a Men's Restroom and a Woman's restroom.

Hey, sometimes it work!

Have there been lawsuit challenges?

No, actually I don't reject it. I think it is a fine idea...as long as it applies to all non familial consenting adult couples. If your "idea" (which isn't at all original) gives civil unions only to gays and legal marriage only to straights...well, I'm afraid that one simply won't work.

Kind of an old picture to illustrate separate but equal, now post photo's of a Men's Restroom and a Woman's restroom.

Hey, sometimes it work!

As I've said before I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once, but used that to try to convince others i was an Astronaut. Guess I can't use it to claim I'm an attorney.

That being said, I am not sure there have been any, but Damn, I would love to here the arguments.

Hey, sometimes it work!

trying to compare racial discrimination to gay marriage is a red herring. they are two totally different things, totally different as to constitutionality, and different as to morals and ethics.

But rave on if it somehow justifies your deviant behavior to you.

Hey, sometimes it work!

As I've said before I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once, but used that to try to convince others i was an Astronaut. Guess I can't use it to claim I'm an attorney.

That being said, I am not sure there have been any, but Damn, I would love to here the arguments.

Yes, there are lawsuits. We'll have to see where they go.

http://jonathanturley.org/2013/02/2...sgender-student-use-schools-female-bathrooms/

Hey, sometimes it work!

trying to compare racial discrimination to gay marriage is a red herring. they are two totally different things, totally different as to constitutionality, and different as to morals and ethics.

Yes, race and sexual orientation are different. One can be hidden and one cannot. Both are immutable traits, however and the discrimination is eerily similar...down to the words used. (Deviant and unnatural among them)

So marriage only has to do with sex in your book? No wonder you guys are so twisted up over this. Marriage is about so much more than sex.

Are you aware that we can find a church in just about any denomination we'd like to perform a marriage ceremony? I knew two lesbians that got married in a Southern Baptist Church in 1987.

Are you aware that gays can get legally married in nine states (soon to be 10 when Prop 8 is struck down) as well as the District of Columbia and three native American tribes? Not only that, but marriages performed in any of those states is recognized by Rhode Island (who I hear is soon to pass full marriage equality)

So, yes, buttfucking, pussy licking and cock sucking IS a marriage. Just ask the thousands of heterosexual married couples that do all those things.

Marriage is not about whatever you fucking think so don't use that love shit, its all children and passing down property and ensuring that the partner is taken care of in the event of death, my plan says give gays all of this under a civil union and you still reject it.

Civil unions for all who get a government license. That will fit the bill too. But then we have to change all those statutes, laws etc. that use the term "marriage".

So you're saying that you're ok with a man that wants more then one wife? Marriage is marriage. This has to be a total open book or I won't agree.

Yes, race and sexual orientation are different. One can be hidden and one cannot. Both are immutable traits, however and the discrimination is eerily similar...down to the words used. (Deviant and unnatural among them)

Wrong, but you are once again deflecting from the real issue, which is your desire to force the rest of us to accept your gay union as a marriage.

thats the real issue, you want to force us to accept your lifestyle as normal and equally acceptable ---------- but its not and never will be.

I have said many times that you and your partner should have inheritence and insurance rights equal to man/woman married couples. and you can get that without using the word marriage--------but thats not good enough is it? because thats not your real goal, is it?

Wrong, but you are once again deflecting from the real issue, which is your desire to force the rest of us to accept your gay union as a marriage.

thats the real issue, you want to force us to accept your lifestyle as normal and equally acceptable ---------- but its not and never will be.

I have said many times that you and your partner should have inheritence and insurance rights equal to man/woman married couples. and you can get that without using the word marriage--------but thats not good enough is it? because thats not your real goal, is it?

No. I want to be treated equally under the law. I am legally married and my marriage should be recognized by the federal government. Anything else is discrimination.

No. I want to be treated equally under the law. I am legally married and my marriage should be recognized by the federal government. Anything else is discrimination.

If equal treatment under the law was achieved through a civil union or mutual support contract would you be satisfied?

Is equal treatment your real issue? I think not.

what you want is for the government to mandate that everyone else change the way they feel about your lifestyle. thats your real issue isn't it?

Hey, sometimes it work!

Civil rights for law-abiding, tax-paying citizens are civil rights for law-abiding, tax-paying citizens.

But your view isn't unusual.....they tried that one when the women's rights movement started too.

Yes, there are lawsuits. We'll have to see where they go.

Colorado Parents Sue To Have Their Six-Year-Old Transgender Student Use School?s Female Bathrooms | JONATHAN TURLEY

A six year old? That dog ain't gonna bark

what you want is for the government to mandate that everyone else change the way they feel about your lifestyle. thats your real issue isn't it?

No. I really don't give a shit what you think if me, just treat me and my marriage equally under the law.

Simple: Tax write offs.

Love ain't got a dog gone thing to do with it. If it did the tag "marriage" wouldn't matter.

Getting shit on their dick is not enough...they want to sanctify it.

Civil rights for law-abiding, tax-paying citizens are civil rights for law-abiding, tax-paying citizens.

But your view isn't unusual.....they tried that one when the women's rights movement started too.
I don't pay my taxes, regularly break the law and don't support the Civil Rights Act, ERA, or gay marriage. I probably grind your gears eh?

Nope, you're just stupid. and when you get hemmed up by the IRS don't come on here asking for support.

Forum List

Back