Why can't gays accept civil unions and just be done with it?

Marriage is not about whatever you fucking think so don't use that love shit, its all children and passing down property and ensuring that the partner is taken care of in the event of death, my plan says give gays all of this under a civil union and you still reject it.

Civil unions for all who get a government license. That will fit the bill too. But then we have to change all those statutes, laws etc. that use the term "marriage".

So you're saying that you're ok with a man that wants more then one wife? Marriage is marriage. This has to be a total open book or I won't agree.

Hey...............polygamy was practiced in the Bible.

No. I really don't give a shit what you think if me, just treat me and my marriage equally under the law.

Right, you're not shallow. You just need politicians to validate your relationship. Wanting the recognition of some individual person is beneath you, you don't care about that. But needing government in your bedroom reassuring your relationship with who you sleep with is as important as anyone else's, why that's just a basic necessity. No one could go on without government reassurance they're a real person, darn it all.

No. I really don't give a shit what you think if me, just treat me and my marriage equally under the law.

Right, you're not shallow. You just need politicians to validate your relationship. Wanting the recognition of some individual person is beneath you, you don't care about that. But needing government in your bedroom reassuring your relationship with who you sleep with is as important as anyone else's, why that's just a basic necessity. No one could go on without government reassurance they're a real person, darn it all.

Actually, I think the gays are more interested in getting the same tax breaks, same legal rights and all the other goodies that go along with a man and a woman getting married.

Me personally? I support it and believe that marriage should be open to any 2 consenting adults (regardless of gender) who want to get married.

Sex is only a small part of marriage. Living together, loving each other and taking care of one another is over 90 percent of what marriage is.

I've know various people who were gay since around 1983 when I went to my first duty station in the Navy, and from what I've seen, many are pretty stand up individuals.

Matter of fact, I lived with a lesbian couple for 2 years, and they had a 15 year old daughter who knew that Cindy (her mother) and Connie loved her very much and would do anything for her. Not only was she heterosexual (she DEFINITELY liked boys), but she was pretty well adjusted too.

And Cindy and Connie had been together for over 10 years. Nothing that I could see was ever at fault with their parenting.

The people of New Zealand never accepted Civil Unions, which they have had since 2005. Today, they have same sex marriage, the law to go into effect in August.

Marriage is not about whatever you fucking think so don't use that love shit, its all children and passing down property and ensuring that the partner is taken care of in the event of death, my plan says give gays all of this under a civil union and you still reject it.

Civil unions for all who get a government license. That will fit the bill too. But then we have to change all those statutes, laws etc. that use the term "marriage".

So you're saying that you're ok with a man that wants more then one wife? Marriage is marriage. This has to be a total open book or I won't agree.

This is irrelevant and not related to the issue; taking about plural marriage, brother/sister, father/daughter marriage and the like are all attempts to cloud the issue with emotion.

This is irrelevant and not related to the issue; taking about plural marriage, brother/sister, father/daughter marriage and the like are all attempts to cloud the issue with emotion.

If you are interested in changing definitions of things you have to consider all the consequences whether you support it or oppose it.

Even brother and sister? Parent and child?

Hyperbole much? How the fuck can a child be considered a consenting adult?

If your child is 50 years old, he or she is still your child - offspring, whatever.

Got it.............just another attempt to cloud the issue with "what ifs" because you're scared the gay is going to affect your marriage.

Again..................hyperbole much?

But.................anyone who isn't a member of the same family by blood, and is a consenting adult, should be allowed to marry whoever they want, regardless of gender.

Hyperbole much? How the fuck can a child be considered a consenting adult?

If your child is 50 years old, he or she is still your child - offspring, whatever.

Got it.............just another attempt to cloud the issue with "what ifs" because you're scared the gay is going to affect your marriage.

But.................anyone who isn't a member of the same family by blood, and is a consenting adult, should be allowed to marry whoever they want, regardless of gender.

Why so defensive? YOU offered your definition unbidden. I just asked a question. Other people answered it without getting hysterical.

Why so defensive? YOU offered your definition unbidden. I just asked a question. Other people answered it without getting hysterical.

No...........not defensive, just wondering why you go full blown crazy when you make asinine statements like what you've made.

If you want less gov't then you really have no stance on this. If you do, please explain as you need to.

^^^legally married^^^

Is that why you got legally married, because you needed validation? Take your self loathing projection somewhere else.

What do you have against two(or what ever) adults getting married. You're telling me that they can't love each other? Seriously, if a man falls in love with another woman, you're going to tell him(with the approval of the current wife) NO?

Last edited:

No...........not defensive, just wondering why you go full blown crazy when you make asinine statements like what you've made.

What "full blown crazy" are you talking about? I asked a question. Other people answered it without getting hysterical like you.

Forum List

Back