Why can't gays accept civil unions and just be done with it?

No. I really don't give a shit what you think if me, just treat me and my marriage equally under the law.

Right, you're not shallow. You just need politicians to validate your relationship. Wanting the recognition of some individual person is beneath you, you don't care about that. But needing government in your bedroom reassuring your relationship with who you sleep with is as important as anyone else's, why that's just a basic necessity. No one could go on without government reassurance they're a real person, darn it all.

Actually, I think the gays are more interested in getting the same tax breaks, same legal rights and all the other goodies that go along with a man and a woman getting married.

Me personally? I support it and believe that marriage should be open to any 2 consenting adults (regardless of gender) who want to get married.

Sex is only a small part of marriage. Living together, loving each other and taking care of one another is over 90 percent of what marriage is.

I've know various people who were gay since around 1983 when I went to my first duty station in the Navy, and from what I've seen, many are pretty stand up individuals.

Matter of fact, I lived with a lesbian couple for 2 years, and they had a 15 year old daughter who knew that Cindy (her mother) and Connie loved her very much and would do anything for her. Not only was she heterosexual (she DEFINITELY liked boys), but she was pretty well adjusted too.

And Cindy and Connie had been together for over 10 years. Nothing that I could see was ever at fault with their parenting.

If this was the case, why are the gays in this topic rejecting civil unions with all the full blown benefits? The answer? They want the government to recognize and validate homosexuality.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Right, you're not shallow. You just need politicians to validate your relationship. Wanting the recognition of some individual person is beneath you, you don't care about that. But needing government in your bedroom reassuring your relationship with who you sleep with is as important as anyone else's, why that's just a basic necessity. No one could go on without government reassurance they're a real person, darn it all.

Actually, I think the gays are more interested in getting the same tax breaks, same legal rights and all the other goodies that go along with a man and a woman getting married.

Me personally? I support it and believe that marriage should be open to any 2 consenting adults (regardless of gender) who want to get married.

Sex is only a small part of marriage. Living together, loving each other and taking care of one another is over 90 percent of what marriage is.

I've know various people who were gay since around 1983 when I went to my first duty station in the Navy, and from what I've seen, many are pretty stand up individuals.

Matter of fact, I lived with a lesbian couple for 2 years, and they had a 15 year old daughter who knew that Cindy (her mother) and Connie loved her very much and would do anything for her. Not only was she heterosexual (she DEFINITELY liked boys), but she was pretty well adjusted too.

And Cindy and Connie had been together for over 10 years. Nothing that I could see was ever at fault with their parenting.

If this was the case, why are the gays in this topic rejecting civil unions with all the full blown benefits? The answer? They want the government to recognize and validate homosexuality.
Because they don't give ALL the rights of marriage. A woman is fighting in Supreme Court because when her wife died she paid $300,000+ in taxes that a heterosexual wouldn't have paid.

Because they don't give ALL the rights of marriage. A woman is fighting in Supreme Court because when her wife died she paid $300,000+ in taxes that a heterosexual wouldn't have paid.

I AM SAYING GIVE THEM THE RIGHTS but just don't call it a marriage, leave it as a civil union.....

I AM SAYING GIVE THEM THE RIGHTS but just don't call it a marriage, leave it as a civil union.....

And we are saying fine, do that...but make it apply to all non familial consenting adult couples otherwise we'll keep fighting for full equality.

And we are saying fine, do that...but make it apply to all non familial consenting adult couples otherwise we'll keep fighting for full equality.

Marriage is and has always been between a man and woman, they can make civil unions available to heteros as well, leave marriage out of it, don't give me that jive, if you get all of the fucking rights you have nothing to talk about as far as inequality, this bullshit is just a part of a greater scheme to form the government to recognize and accept homosexuality as the equal of heterosexuality and it isn't, not even in nature.

so if you can't call it marriage, no one can? is that what you are now saying?

what little credibility you once had is now gone.

Marriage is and has always been between a man and woman, they can make civil unions available to heteros as well, leave marriage out of it, don't give me that jive, if you get all of the fucking rights you have nothing to talk about as far as inequality, this bullshit is just a part of a greater scheme to form the government to recognize and accept homosexuality as the equal of heterosexuality and it isn't, not even in nature.

exactly right, I have been trying to get wytchy to admit that for several days but she keeps dodging.

Her shit is fucking dumb, thats like saying since two people of the same sex cannot procreate, the government should ban heteros from making kids to make thinsg equal, fucking dumb.

If you don't want "the gheys" to get civilly married, then take marriage out of the equation. Give civil unions to all then there would be no separate but equal. Your religious institutions could call it whatever the fuck they want.

It is those that want "those people" to have civil unions while "us guys" get marriage that have no credibility...and are on the losing side of history.

If you don't want "the gheys" to get civilly married, then take marriage out of the equation. Give civil unions to all then there would be no separate but equal. Your religious institutions could call it whatever the fuck they want.

It is those that want "those people" to have civil unions while "us guys" get marriage that have no credibility...and are on the losing side of history.

you are really looking stupid now wytchy, might be time to give up on this thread and give your partner a clit lick. No pics please, I just ate breakfast and would like to keep it down.

We will achieve full marriage equality. You're tilting at windmills. and getting angrier and angrier doing it. Marriage is no longer only between a man and a woman (9 states and 14 countries, bubba) and the sooner you wake up to that reality, the less bitter you will be in your dotage.

We will achieve full marriage equality. You're tilting at windmills. and getting angrier and angrier doing it. Marriage is no longer only between a man and a woman (9 states and 14 countries, bubba) and the sooner you wake up to that reality, the less bitter you will be in your dotage.

keep dreaming wytchy, by the way, are you the butch or the fem in your "marriage" ?

I visualize you as about 5'10" 170 pounds and your partner 5'2" 120 right?

You're not making any fucking sense, you say under civil unions the same rights as far as taxes for example is not there, I'm saying ok, lets give gays those rights, no fucking problem but leave marriage to a man and woman, very fucking simple, when you have those rights you cannot argue about inequality.

keep dreaming wytchy, by the way, are you the butch or the fem in your "marriage" ?

Ah...isn't that totes adorbs? It's like you fell out of the 1950s. Butch and fem...:lol: How quaint.

I'm 5'8" 155 lbs (after giving birth to FIVE babies...a real "butch act" there eh?)

I don't have to dream Fishy, the reality is staring you right in the face.

age1.jpg

You're not making any fucking sense, you say under civil unions the same rights as far as taxes for example is not there, I'm saying ok, lets give gays those rights, no fucking problem but leave marriage to a man and woman, very fucking simple, when you have those rights you cannot argue about inequality.

Yes, we still can. Surely you've heard of separate but equal, yes? The same water came out of both fountains did it not? Where was the inequality? If interracial couples had been thrown the bone of civil unions instead of marriage, would that have felt equal to you?

Ah...isn't that totes adorbs? It's like you fell out of the 1950s. Butch and fem...:lol: How quaint.

I'm 5'8" 155 lbs (after giving birth to FIVE babies...a real "butch act" there eh?)

age1.jpg

your chart proves what some wise man or woman once said: If you are not liberal when you are young, you have no heart, If you are not conservative when you get older, you have no brain.

BTW, nice dodge on the butch/fem question. I conclude that you are the butch. short hair, never wear a dress, right?

age1.jpg

five kids? so you must have had some experience with men, or were they all artificially inseminated by a donor? pretty sure your current partner had nothing to do with it, unless she held the syringe.

age1.jpg

five kids? so you must have had some experience with men, or were they all artificially inseminated by a donor? pretty sure your current partner had nothing to do with it, unless she held the syringe.

Artificial insemination for our two children and IVF for the three children I was a surrogate for. She did hold the syringe and is our children's parent just as much as I am, just ask them.

age1.jpg

your chart proves what some wise man or woman once said: If you are not liberal when you are young, you have no heart, If you are not conservative when you get older, you have no brain.

BTW, nice dodge on the butch/fem question. I conclude that you are the butch. short hair, never wear a dress, right?

It wasn't a dodge, it was laughing at your old stereotypes. I wear a dress when the occasion arises and have medium length hair.

Any other myths we can bust while we're here?

And if you think people will become more homophobic as they age, you're in for a rude awakening.

age1.jpg

It wasn't a dodge, it was laughing at your old stereotypes. I wear a dress when the occasion arises and have medium length hair.

Any other myths we can bust while we're here?

And if you think people will become more homophobic as they age, you're in for a rude awakening.

Redfish is into "Roles", isn't he? :rofl:

Forum List

Back