🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Can't Republicans Use Their Own Music?

Juan de Fuca

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
All I hear are musicians and lyricists complaining about politicians using their copyrighted sound tracks, Why is it so hard for Republicans to use and proudly display music from right wingers? I know that the CMA is loaded with righties and so is conventional music. Is it because the left has a better message? is more original in thought? Must be because we have a take down letter just about every week.

"The Donald Trump campaign is on the verge of running out of music options as The O'Jays are the latest artists to request that their music not be used in support of the Republican presidential nominee.

Last week at the Republican National Convention, the lyrics to the band's No. 1 hit "Love Train" were remixed to "Trump Train," without the band's consent. Now another one of the R&B group's songs, "For The Love Of Money," has been used without their permission in a pro-Trump video from Rep. John Mica of Florida.

In response to the latest use of their work, attorneys for the O'Jays' two founding members, Eddie Levert and Walter Williams, have sent a cease and desist letter to the congressman, as well as the Trump campaign courtesy of his campaign manager, Paul Manafort.

"We don't appreciate having our music associated with a campaign that is hurtful to so many with whom we have common ground," said Williams. "We've really had enough of this. I'm living proof that America is already great; I came from nothing and everyday I feel blessed to live in the greatest country on earth. We support those who inspire in a positive way as opposed to bullying and using scare tactics." Donald Trump sent cease and desist letter from The O'Jays

Trump Train?
train-wreck.jpg

Looks like Trump has Aaron Carter and Tila Tequila on his side... get Ted Nugent to play guitar for them and Trump can finally have campaign music from a band that doesn't hate him!

Celebrities endorsing Donald Trump for president
Elvis was a Republican, Kid Rock, Frank Sinatra, Alice Cooper, Prince, Gloria Estefan, Gene Simmons, Meatloaf, the Beach Boys and that doesn't even touch country music. Something is wrong when liberal music sends a better message.

"Lefties" don't understand business! What a surprise! A band doesn't need consent as long as ASCAP/BMI fees are paid. Welcome to America you stupid leftists!
I have no problem with the Drumpf campaign embarrassing itself by playing songs by artists that hate him, and leading to the artists getting a platform with which to humiliate him.

Looks like Trump has Aaron Carter and Tila Tequila on his side... get Ted Nugent to play guitar for them and Trump can finally have campaign music from a band that doesn't hate him!

Elvis was a Republican, Kid Rock, Frank Sinatra, Alice Cooper, Prince, Gloria Estefan, Gene Simmons, Meatloaf, the Beach Boys and that doesn't even touch country music. Something is wrong when liberal music sends a better message.
Gene Simmons and Kiss would be the perfect band for Drumpf. Zero substance, and all about milking America for all the profit they can.

"Lefties" don't understand business! What a surprise! A band doesn't need consent as long as ASCAP/BMI fees are paid. Welcome to America you stupid leftists!
What you don't understand there is plenty of gray area surrounding that and a musician's image counts, whether you like it or not and is why you see so many cease and desist letters.

Gene Simmons and Kiss would be the perfect band for Drumpf. Zero substance, and all about milking America for all the profit they can.

And obnoxious.
One problem though -- Gene's Jewish. That's going to impact the David Duke base. Can't have that.

And obnoxious.
One problem though -- Gene's Jewish. That's going to impact the David Duke base. Can't have that.
True. Trump's already barely clinging to 35% of the vote, that would knock him down into the 20's. Maybe worse.

All I hear are musicians and lyricists complaining about politicians using their copyrighted sound tracks, Why is it so hard for Republicans to use and proudly display music from right wingers? I know that the CMA is loaded with righties and so is conventional music. Is it because the left has a better message? is more original in thought? Must be because we have a take down letter just about every week.

"The Donald Trump campaign is on the verge of running out of music options as The O'Jays are the latest artists to request that their music not be used in support of the Republican presidential nominee.

Last week at the Republican National Convention, the lyrics to the band's No. 1 hit "Love Train" were remixed to "Trump Train," without the band's consent. Now another one of the R&B group's songs, "For The Love Of Money," has been used without their permission in a pro-Trump video from Rep. John Mica of Florida.

In response to the latest use of their work, attorneys for the O'Jays' two founding members, Eddie Levert and Walter Williams, have sent a cease and desist letter to the congressman, as well as the Trump campaign courtesy of his campaign manager, Paul Manafort.

"We don't appreciate having our music associated with a campaign that is hurtful to so many with whom we have common ground," said Williams. "We've really had enough of this. I'm living proof that America is already great; I came from nothing and everyday I feel blessed to live in the greatest country on earth. We support those who inspire in a positive way as opposed to bullying and using scare tactics." Donald Trump sent cease and desist letter from The O'Jays

Trump Train?
train-wreck.jpg
Trump should use Ted Nugent's Wang Dang Sweet Poontang as his theme music. Especially when he introduces his wife or daughter.

Trump Train?
train-wreck.jpg
The world is falling apart under 7 1/2 years of the Hussein administration and lefties worry about the "Love Train. No surprises here.
It sounds almost as though you are not an admirer of Trump.

Forum List

Back