Why Conservative Is Simply Better....

Wrong again,piggy.

1. Language is important, so in any discussion of who the segregationists were, liberals switch the word “Democrats” to “southerners.” Remember, the Civil Rights Act of 1957 was supported by all the Republicans in the Senate, but only 29 of 47 Democrats…and a number of the ‘segregationist’ Democrats were northern Dems (Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Wyoming). Not southerners: Democrats.
    1. There were plenty of southern integrationists. They were Republicans. See chapter 12, "Mugged," by Coulter

Every southern Republican voted against the 1964 Civil Rights act.

Southern Democrats were CONSERVATIVES. They called themselves CONSERVATIVES. They believed the same things that modern Republican conservatives in the South believe.

"Michael Zak, author of “Back to Basics for the Republican Party,” which chronicles the party’s civil rights heritage, believes Goldwater was a significant factor, by forgetting that the 1964 bill virtually mirrored Republican-backed legislation from 1875.

“Democrat pundits pretend that the 1964 Civil Rights Act was the creation of the Kennedy or Johnson administrations, but in fact it was an extension of the Republican Party’s 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts,” Zak told TheBlaze. “Barry Goldwater, the GOP’s presidential nominee that year, did not appreciate the fact that the 1964 Civil Rights Act was thoroughly Republican policy.”
Who’s Really Responsible for the Civil Rights Act?

So tell us PC, who were the Civil Rights Leaders of that Act? Who are the Republican legislators that are revered by Blacks in America?

"I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years" -- LBJ

""Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." -- LBJ

Some fucking Civil Rights hero you got there

""I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years" -- LBJ"

BULLSHIT "QUOTE' MADE UP A DECADE AFTER HE DIED, LOL

Jeeeezzzzz...

You are a compendium of lies and misinformation.

Of course he said it.

1. Robert MacMillan, Air Force One steward remembers it this way: “I’ll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years.”
Kennith T. Walsh, “Air Force One: A History of the Presidents and Their Planes,” p. 81.

2. ".... Lyndon Baines Johnson, affectionately know by his Southern political buddies as just LBJ or just Lyndon. Unknown to the public, Southern politicians privately shared Lyndon's hatred of what he called in private, "*******". Lyndon hated "*******'! He called them "*******" in private. He cussed "*******" every day, my father said, and called them all kinds of vile names! He had his hands full with the Viet Nam war and hated being "bothered by those G--damned *******" my father said Lyndon said." EconomicPolicyJournal.com: What My Father Told Me About LBJ and "*******"

3. From Ronald Kessler, "Inside the Whitehouse," pp. 33-34:

During one trip, Johnson was discussing his proposed civil rights bill with two governors. Explaining why it was so important to him, he said it was simple: “I’ll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years.”

Please....stop lying and get an education.

Once you control for region, it turns out that Democrats were actually more likely to support the 1964 Civil Rights Act

...Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.

The same pattern holds true when looking at ideology instead of party affiliation
. The folks over at Voteview.com, who created DW-nominate scores to measure the ideology of congressmen and senators, found that the more liberal a congressman or senator was the more likely he would vote for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, once one controlled for a factor closely linked to geography.

Now, it wasn't that the Civil Rights Act was what turned the South against the Democrats or minorities against Republicans. Those patterns, as Trende showed, had been developing for a while. It was, however, a manifestation of these growing coalitions. The South gradually became home to the conservative party, while the north became home to the liberal party.

Today, the transformation is nearly complete. President Obama carried only 18% of former Confederate states, while taking 62% of non-Confederate states in 2012. Only 27% of southern senators are Democrats, while 62% of Union state senators are Democrats. And 29% of southern members in the House are Democrats compared to 54% in states or territories that were part of the Union

Thus, it seems to me that minorities have a pretty good idea of what they are doing when joining the Democratic party. They recognize that the Democratic party of today looks and sounds a lot more like the Democratic party of the North that with near unity passed the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 than the southern Democrats of the era who blocked it, and today would, like Strom Thurmond, likely be Republicans.

Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

Wrong again,piggy.

1. Language is important, so in any discussion of who the segregationists were, liberals switch the word “Democrats” to “southerners.” Remember, the Civil Rights Act of 1957 was supported by all the Republicans in the Senate, but only 29 of 47 Democrats…and a number of the ‘segregationist’ Democrats were northern Dems (Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Wyoming). Not southerners: Democrats.
    1. There were plenty of southern integrationists. They were Republicans. See chapter 12, "Mugged," by Coulter

Southern Democrats were CONSERVATIVES. They called themselves CONSERVATIVES. They believed the same things that modern Republican conservatives in the South believe.

"Michael Zak, author of “Back to Basics for the Republican Party,” which chronicles the party’s civil rights heritage, believes Goldwater was a significant factor, by forgetting that the 1964 bill virtually mirrored Republican-backed legislation from 1875.

“Democrat pundits pretend that the 1964 Civil Rights Act was the creation of the Kennedy or Johnson administrations, but in fact it was an extension of the Republican Party’s 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts,” Zak told TheBlaze. “Barry Goldwater, the GOP’s presidential nominee that year, did not appreciate the fact that the 1964 Civil Rights Act was thoroughly Republican policy.”

LMAOROG

The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights

civil-war-from-1861-63-8-728.jpg

63323452.jpg

Actually it's Democrats who wrapped themselves in the stars and bars.....

....specifically the most popular Democrat today....

1. . Bill Clinton had a Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor: Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as ‘Confederate Flag Day’ in this state.

(b) No person, firm, or corporation shall display an Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America. [Emphasis added.]

(c) Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law.
    Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy | The Gateway Pundit
Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy - The Gateway Pundit

"Let's Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn't a Symbol of Racism.
Just to refresh everyone's memories, we're talking about the official national flag that was used to represent the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. You know, that awkward time period when the South was vehemently fighting to keep slavery around as a means of economic prosperity for white plantation owners.

I've heard arguments time and again about how the Confederate flag is no longer representative of slavery, and how it's now indicative of "Southern pride and heritage." But I'm really over the whole "respect your heritage" mantra, especially when your heritage is hate."
Let's Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn't a Symbol of Racism

"Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law."

So in Arkansas, the Guv writes legislation? PLEASE show me the GOPers who would've supported getting rid of the traitorous flag when Bill was GUV? LOL

NOW WHICH PARTY IS FIGHTING FOR THE REBEL FLAG TODAY BUBBA? Oops

Wrong again,piggy.

So tell us PC, who were the Civil Rights Leaders of that Act? Who are the Republican legislators that are revered by Blacks in America?

""Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." -- LBJ

Sourced by a Pulitzer Prize winning author

Jeeeezzzzz...

Of course he said it.

1. Robert MacMillan, Air Force One steward remembers it this way: “I’ll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years.”
Kennith T. Walsh, “Air Force One: A History of the Presidents and Their Planes,” p. 81.

2. ".... Lyndon Baines Johnson, affectionately know by his Southern political buddies as just LBJ or just Lyndon. Unknown to the public, Southern politicians privately shared Lyndon's hatred of what he called in private, "*******". Lyndon hated "*******'! He called them "*******" in private. He cussed "*******" every day, my father said, and called them all kinds of vile names! He had his hands full with the Viet Nam war and hated being "bothered by those G--damned *******" my father said Lyndon said." EconomicPolicyJournal.com: What My Father Told Me About LBJ and "*******"

During one trip, Johnson was discussing his proposed civil rights bill with two governors. Explaining why it was so important to him, he said it was simple: “I’ll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years.”

LYINMG POS

Turns out the source of that supposed saying by Lyndon B. Johnson "I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years" first originated in Ronald Kessler's 1996 book Inside the White House: The Hidden Lives of the Modern Presidents and the Secrets of the World's Most Powerful Institution, sourced from a 1993 interview with former Air Force One steward Robert M. MacMillan.

FUKKN POS

Wrong again,piggy.

LMAOROG

63323452.jpg

1. . Bill Clinton had a Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor: Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as ‘Confederate Flag Day’ in this state.

(b) No person, firm, or corporation shall display an Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America. [Emphasis added.]

(c) Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law.

Just to refresh everyone's memories, we're talking about the official national flag that was used to represent the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. You know, that awkward time period when the South was vehemently fighting to keep slavery around as a means of economic prosperity for white plantation owners.

I've heard arguments time and again about how the Confederate flag is no longer representative of slavery, and how it's now indicative of "Southern pride and heritage." But I'm really over the whole "respect your heritage" mantra, especially when your heritage is hate."

"Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law."

So in Arkansas, the Guv writes legislation? PLEASE show me the GOPers who would've supported getting rid of the traitorous flag when Bill was GUV? LOL

So you're ready to forgive the rapist for supporting the flag of the Confederacy????

Reminder of the other racist words and actions of your pal?

Sure.....

Who is the most popular Democrat today?

Yup...a racist.

Let's take a look at that career.....

1. Let's start with this: they were called 'Dixiecrats,' not 'Dixiecans. a. Dixiecrats lost in 1948 ...then went right back to being Democrats.

2. Now let's take a look at the most popular Democrat today, ...

a. Governor Clinton was among three state officialsthe NAACP sued in 1989 under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965.“Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” the Arkansas Gazette reported December 6, 1989.

b. Bill Clinton hada Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor:Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy | The Gateway PunditHillary Clinton s Confederacy Hypocrisy The Gateway Pundit

3. "Let's Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn't a Symbol of Racism
Just to refresh everyone's memories, we're talking about the official national flag that was used torepresent the Confederate States of Americaduring the Civil War. You know, that awkward time period when the South was vehemently fighting to keep slavery around as a means of economic prosperity for white plantation owners.

I've heard arguments time and again about how the Confederate flag is no longer representative of slavery, and how it's now indicative of "Southern pride and heritage." But I'm really over the whole "respect your heritage" mantra, especially when your heritageishate."
Let s Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn t a Symbol of Racism Krystie Yandoli

4. BTW...Orval Eugene Faubus, attended Bill Clinton’s 1979 gubernatorial inauguration,where the two pols hugged, as Arkansas Democrat-Gazette editorial page editor Paul Greenberg recalls.)
Know who Faubus was?
Yup...he used the National Guardto prevent blacks from going to school

5. Bill Clinton wrote his firstletter, dated June 21, 1994, of congratulations to the UDC [Untied Daughters of the Confederacy]celebrating their 100th anniversary. Later Clinton wrote a letter September 8, 1994 letter of congratulation to the Georgia Division of the UDC celebrating their 100th anniversary, then August 9, 1995 welcoming to Washington, D.C. for their 1995 national convention. Each letter was givena full page with Clinton’s picturein the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine (UDC Magazine) giving legitimacy to the UDC.

For reference, the UDC magazineincludes " a Ku Klux Klan praising book, not just the Klan of Reconstruction but the Klan of the 1920s, a book which recommends the racist books of Thomas Dixon, “The Clansman” ...
Anti-Neo-Confederate: Bill Clinton Enables Neo-Confederates & Betrays Carol Moseley-Braun: UPDATED

Sure sounds like something a racist would do, huh?

6. "Clinton praised Arkansas’ late Democratic senator J. William Fulbright, a notorious segregationistwho opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. He also signed the Southern Manifesto,which denounced the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark Brown vs. Board of Education school desegregation decision in 1954. Clinton called Fulbright “My mentor, a visionary, a humanitarian.”Dems Need to Houseclean - Deroy Murdock - National Review Online

and....

Fulbright was a full-bore segregationist, voting against the 1957, 1960, 1964, and 1965 civil rights bills.

But...in 1993, Bill Clinton gave the Medal of Freedom award to a lifelong segregationist, Democrat Wm. J. Fulbright.And another life-long segregationist, Democrat Albert Gore, Sr. was in attendance.

a. Hey...didn't Bill Clinton just recently speak at the Democrat National Convention?

He was given that speaking position because so many Democrats just love, love, love this racist.

7. "… President Bill Clinton argued that Colin Powell, promoted to brigadier general during Mr. Alexander’s tenure, was the product of an affirmative actionprogram."
http://cdn.virtuallearningcourses.com/ivtcontent/images/edw12_ch05_e.pdf

Get it? Powell didn't deserve it according to Bill Clinton....too uppity for him, huh?

8. 'BILL CLINTON: IN PAST, OBAMA WOULD BE 'CARRYING OUR BAGS'
Bill Clinton In Past Obama Would Be Carrying Our Bags - Breitbart

9. Now.....if any Republican had that sort of record, what would you Liberals be screaming????

Yup...."THAT ABSOLUTE RACIST!!!"
How ya' like that, boyyyyyeeeee???

I see, so laying the history of Democrats on modern Democrats is okay, but the history of Republicans is old news.

Try this. Dispute it point for point, and amaze us all.

On Racism and Republicans: The History of Republican Evil

What your one sided blogger forgot to mention...

Why Do Blacks Vote for Democrats? MLK, JFK, and LBJ

Presidential Vote and Party Identification of African Americans, 1956-1964
black-party-identification-vote-1956-1964-v3.gif

As you can see, over the course of just eight years, African American support for the Republican Party practically evaporated.

How did this happen? It can be tied directly to the acts and leadership of three men: Martin Luther King, Jr., who was the leader of the Civil Rights movement; John F. Kennedy, the nation’s president from 1961 through November, 1963, when he was assassinated; and Lyndon Baines Johnson, Kennedy’s successor as president.

Most know who Martin Luther King, Jr, was, and probably President Kennedy as well; President Johnson, although pivotal in the passage of civil rights laws, is undoubtedly the lesser known and least revered among these three historical figures.

But they were all key players in eliminating segregation and legalized discrimination in the South.

How these three men were linked in changing the face of African American politics:

In October of 1960, less then three weeks before the presidential election, Martin Luther King Jr., already recognized as Black America’s most prominent civil rights leader, had been arrested in Georgia on a traffic technicality: he was still using his Alabama license, although by then he had lived in Georgia for three months.

A swift series of moves by the state’s segregationist power structure resulted in King being sentenced to four months of hard labor on a Georgia chain gang. He was quickly spirited away to the state’s maximum security prison, and many of his supporters, fearing for his life, urgently called both the Nixon and Kennedy camps for help.

Nixon, about to campaign in South Carolina in hopes of capturing the state’s normally solid Democratic vote, took no action. Kennedy took swift action. He made a brief telephone call to a frantic Coretta Scott King, speaking in soothing generalities and telling her, “If there’'s anything I can do to help, please feel free to call on me.”

It’s likely that Kennedy did not at that moment realize the political implications of that call. Ever the pragmatist, he had resisted the pleas of several aides throughout the campaign that he take bolder public stands on civil rights issues. The telephone call came because one aide caught him late at night after a hard day of campaigning and staff meetings as he was about to turn in. The aide, Harris Wofford, pitched it as just a call to calm King’s fearful spouse. Kennedy replied, “What the hell. That’'s a decent thing to do. Why not? Get her on the phone.”

King was soon released, unharmed, due to a groundswell of pressure directed by blacks and whites in numerous quarters toward Georgia officials (Robert F. Kennedy himself, who was managing his brother’s campaign called the judge who sentenced King to prison). At the time, the white media paid little attention to the call, which suited the Kennedys fine. But it likely transformed the black vote. King’s father, Martin Luther King Sr., a dominating, fire-and-brimstone preacher with wide influence throughout Black America, had, like many black Southerners, always been a Republican and until that moment had said he couldn'’t vote for Kennedy because he was a Catholic.

(But) the day his son was released from prison, the elder King thundered from the pulpit of his famed Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta: “I had expected to vote against Senator Kennedy because of his religion. But now he can be my president, Catholic or whatever he is… He has the moral courage to stand up for what he knows is right. I’'ve got all my votes and I’'ve got a suitcase, and I’'m going to take them up there and dump them in his lap.”

Why Do Blacks Vote for Democrats? MLK, JFK, and LBJ

Yep. Most interesting how the Democrats co-opted the movement even as the Democrat-dominated South still enforced poll taxes, white lunch counters and other interesting Jim Crow stuff.

Interesting indeed.

Interesting also are the modern Republican attempts to end the 14th Amendment, it is the modern Republican Party that puts obstacles between black people with voter ID laws, it is the modern Republican Party that supports police brutality over black people, it is the modern Republican Party that supports the flying of the Confederate flag, claiming it's their heritage as if owning slaves is a heritage, let's not forget Rand Paul, running as a Republican says the Civil Rights Bill should be tossed, let's not forget who fought for the establishment of America while true conservatives wore redcoats and bowed to the king.

Interesting indeed.

Complete gibbering nonsense.

"Turns out the source of that supposed saying by Lyndon B. Johnson "I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years" first originated in Ronald Kessler's 1996 book Inside the White House: The Hidden Lives of the Modern Presidents and the Secrets of the World's Most Powerful Institution, sourced from a 1993 interview with former Air Force One steward Robert M. MacMillan.

An allegation made 20 years after LBJ's death.

Jeeeezzzzz...

Of course he said it.

LYINMG POS

Turns out the source of that supposed saying by Lyndon B. Johnson "I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years" first originated in Ronald Kessler's 1996 book Inside the White House: The Hidden Lives of the Modern Presidents and the Secrets of the World's Most Powerful Institution, sourced from a 1993 interview with former Air Force One steward Robert M. MacMillan.

FUKKN POS

Did you want Kessler to exhume LBJ and ask him?

What a fucking tard!

Jeeeezzzzz...

Of course he said it.

LYINMG POS

FUKKN POS

Time and again, when folks realize they have been skewered, that they have no adequate response to truth that destroys their worldview, their most closely held beliefs, their language falls to the vulgar.

It's one of those hard to hide psychological tells....your anger at being bested leaks out as vulgarity.

That would be you.

Notice I never have to do that, piggy?

That's because I'm never wrong.....and you've been found out.

Bill Clinton has always been a racist, segregationist....

1. Let's start with this: they were called 'Dixiecrats,' not 'Dixiecans. a. Dixiecrats lost in 1948 ...then went right back to being Democrats.

a. Governor Bill Clinton was among three state officials the NAACP sued in 1989 under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965.“Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” the Arkansas Gazette reported December 6, 1989.

b. Bill Clinton hada Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor:Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy | The Gateway PunditHillary Clinton s Confederacy Hypocrisy The Gateway Pundit

Just to refresh everyone's memories, we're talking about the official national flag that was used torepresent the Confederate States of Americaduring the Civil War. You know, that awkward time period when the South was vehemently fighting to keep slavery around as a means of economic prosperity for white plantation owners.

I've heard arguments time and again about how the Confederate flag is no longer representative of slavery, and how it's now indicative of "Southern pride and heritage." But I'm really over the whole "respect your heritage" mantra, especially when your heritageishate."
Let s Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn t a Symbol of Racism Krystie Yandoli

4. BTW...Orval Eugene Faubus, attended Bill Clinton’s 1979 gubernatorial inauguration,where the two pols hugged, as Arkansas Democrat-Gazette editorial page editor Paul Greenberg recalls.)
Know who Faubus was?
Yup...he used the National Guard to prevent blacks from going to school.
Who hugged him? Bill Clinton.

5. Bill Clinton wrote his first letter, dated June 21, 1994, of congratulations to the UDC [Untied Daughters of the Confederacy] celebrating their 100th anniversary. Later Clinton wrote a letter September 8, 1994 letter of congratulation to the Georgia Division of the UDC celebrating their 100th anniversary, then August 9, 1995 welcoming to Washington, D.C. for their 1995 national convention. Each letter was givena full page with Clinton’s picturein the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine (UDC Magazine) giving legitimacy to the UDC.

For reference, the UDC magazineincludes " a Ku Klux Klan praising book, not just the Klan of Reconstruction but the Klan of the 1920s, a book which recommends the racist books of Thomas Dixon, “The Clansman” ...
Anti-Neo-Confederate: Bill Clinton Enables Neo-Confederates & Betrays Carol Moseley-Braun: UPDATED

6. "Clinton praised Arkansas’ late Democratic senator J. William Fulbright, a notorious segregationist who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. He also signed the Southern Manifesto,which denounced the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark Brown vs. Board of Education school desegregation decision in 1954. Clinton called Fulbright “My mentor, a visionary, a humanitarian.”Dems Need to Houseclean - Deroy Murdock - National Review Online

and....

Fulbright was a full-bore segregationist, voting against the 1957, 1960, 1964, and 1965 civil rights bills.

But...in 1993, Bill Clinton gave the Medal of Freedom award to a lifelong segregationist, Democrat Wm. J. Fulbright.And another life-long segregationist, Democrat Albert Gore, Sr. was in attendance.

a. Hey...didn't Bill Clinton just recently speak at the Democrat National Convention?

He was given that speaking position because so many Democrats just love, love, love this racist.

7. "… President BillClinton argued that Colin Powell, promoted to brigadier general during Mr. Alexander’s tenure, was the product of an affirmative actionprogram."

Get it? Powell didn't deserve it according to Bill Clinton....too uppity for him, huh?

9. Now.....if any Republican had that sort of record, what would you Liberals be screaming????

Yup...."THAT ABSOLUTE RACIST!!!"How ya' like that, boyyyyyeeeee???

Once you control for region, it turns out that Democrats were actually more likely to support the 1964 Civil Rights Act

...Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.

The same pattern holds true when looking at ideology instead of party affiliation
. The folks over at Voteview.com, who created DW-nominate scores to measure the ideology of congressmen and senators, found that the more liberal a congressman or senator was the more likely he would vote for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, once one controlled for a factor closely linked to geography.

Now, it wasn't that the Civil Rights Act was what turned the South against the Democrats or minorities against Republicans. Those patterns, as Trende showed, had been developing for a while. It was, however, a manifestation of these growing coalitions. The South gradually became home to the conservative party, while the north became home to the liberal party.

Today, the transformation is nearly complete. President Obama carried only 18% of former Confederate states, while taking 62% of non-Confederate states in 2012. Only 27% of southern senators are Democrats, while 62% of Union state senators are Democrats. And 29% of southern members in the House are Democrats compared to 54% in states or territories that were part of the Union

Thus, it seems to me that minorities have a pretty good idea of what they are doing when joining the Democratic party. They recognize that the Democratic party of today looks and sounds a lot more like the Democratic party of the North that with near unity passed the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 than the southern Democrats of the era who blocked it, and today would, like Strom Thurmond, likely be Republicans.

Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

Wrong again,piggy.

LMAOROG

63323452.jpg

So where's the fantasy?

LMAOROG

63323452.jpg

So you're ready to forgive the rapist for supporting the flag of the Confederacy????

Reminder of the other racist words and actions of your pal?

Sure.....

Who is the most popular Democrat today?

Yup...a racist.

a. Governor Clinton was among three state officialsthe NAACP sued in 1989 under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965.“Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” the Arkansas Gazette reported December 6, 1989.

Know who Faubus was?
Yup...he used the National Guardto prevent blacks from going to school

5. Bill Clinton wrote his firstletter, dated June 21, 1994, of congratulations to the UDC [Untied Daughters of the Confederacy]celebrating their 100th anniversary. Later Clinton wrote a letter September 8, 1994 letter of congratulation to the Georgia Division of the UDC celebrating their 100th anniversary, then August 9, 1995 welcoming to Washington, D.C. for their 1995 national convention. Each letter was givena full page with Clinton’s picturein the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine (UDC Magazine) giving legitimacy to the UDC.

6. "Clinton praised Arkansas’ late Democratic senator J. William Fulbright, a notorious segregationistwho opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. He also signed the Southern Manifesto,which denounced the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark Brown vs. Board of Education school desegregation decision in 1954. Clinton called Fulbright “My mentor, a visionary, a humanitarian.”Dems Need to Houseclean - Deroy Murdock - National Review Online

and....

7. "… President Bill Clinton argued that Colin Powell, promoted to brigadier general during Mr. Alexander’s tenure, was the product of an affirmative actionprogram."

Yup...."THAT ABSOLUTE RACIST!!!"
How ya' like that, boyyyyyeeeee???

The GOP today who has the bigots like Trumpster on their side, WEREN'T the bigots of the 1960's? lol

The guys wanting to get rid of the 14th? Are concerned about the "foreigners"? lol

Jeeeezzzzz...

Of course he said it.

LYINMG POS

FUKKN POS

What a fucking tard!

You mean THE ONE STEWARD WHO SAID HE SAID IT, NOT the writer who just propagated the myth?

Jeeeezzzzz...

Of course he said it.

LYINMG POS

FUKKN POS

Time and again, when folks realize they have been skewered, that they have no adequate response to truth that destroys their worldview, their most closely held beliefs, their language falls to the vulgar.

It's one of those hard to hide psychological tells....your anger at being bested leaks out as vulgarity.

That would be you.

Notice I never have to do that, piggy?

That's because I'm never wrong.....and you've been found out.

You are just Rushblow Jr Bubba

"Turns out the source of that supposed saying by Lyndon B. Johnson "I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years" first originated in Ronald Kessler's 1996 book Inside the White House: The Hidden Lives of the Modern Presidents and the Secrets of the World's Most Powerful Institution, sourced from a 1993 interview with former Air Force One steward Robert M. MacMillan.

Actually....no.

"A source for information about LBJ who is not a partisan hack, dirty trickster and MLK-adultery publicist is Robert M. MacMillan, Air Force One steward during the Johnson administration. Macmillan reports that when LBJ was flying on Air Force One with two governors once, he boasted, “I’ll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years.”
PICKET: Coulter shreds 'southern strategy' myth as GOP successfully runs more blacks in conservative districts - Washington Times

Jeeeezzzzz...

Of course he said it.

LYINMG POS

FUKKN POS

What a fucking tard!

You mean THE ONE STEWARD WHO SAID HE SAID IT, NOT the writer who just propagated the myth?

Time to make you eat more crow....

"[LBJ] called me 'boy,' '******,' or 'chief,' never by my name... Whenever I was late, no matter what the reason, Johnson called me 'a lazy good for nothing ******'...I was afraid of him because of the pain and humiliation he could inflict at a moment's notice."-- Robert Parker, LBJ's chauffeur, in his autobiography, "Capital Hill in Black and White".

Actually....no.

"A source for information about LBJ who is not a partisan hack, dirty trickster and MLK-adultery publicist is Robert M. MacMillan, Air Force One steward during the Johnson administration. Macmillan reports that when LBJ was flying on Air Force One with two governors once, he boasted, “I’ll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years.”
PICKET: Coulter shreds 'southern strategy' myth as GOP successfully runs more blacks in conservative districts - Washington Times

Jeeeezzzzz...

Of course he said it.

LYINMG POS

FUKKN POS

What a fucking tard!

Time to make you eat more crow....

"[LBJ] called me 'boy,' '******,' or 'chief,' never by my name... Whenever I was late, no matter what the reason, Johnson called me 'a lazy good for nothing ******'...I was afraid of him because of the pain and humiliation he could inflict at a moment's notice."-- Robert Parker, LBJ's chauffeur, in his autobiography, "Capital Hill in Black and White".

ONE person said that was true, almost 2 decades AFTER LBJ died, lol

Forum List

Back