Why Conservatives can't Whitewater Obama

It is an interesting shift that whatever the administration does is perceived on the left as being either favorable politically or unfavorable politically. The reality of governing has nothing to do with it.
So the Obama Administration has shown itself to be the most corrupt and inept in history. But pointing that out is merely political. The reality of it doesn't matter. Libs will excuse any behavior by Obama simply to deny the conservatives a "victory."

Yep. And it was exactly the same when the Cons were defending Bush. It's a sad state of affairs when the truth, and independent thought, are swept aside by the power-mongers leading both parties.

"Cons" did not defend Bush. Quit drinking the liberal kool aid piss.

To be fair, many supported the Patriot Act. Without it, what is being done now could not have been done.

That is why giving the government any power over us is so dire. Give them an inch, and they will take away everything you have.

It is an interesting shift that whatever the administration does is perceived on the left as being either favorable politically or unfavorable politically. The reality of governing has nothing to do with it.
So the Obama Administration has shown itself to be the most corrupt and inept in history. But pointing that out is merely political. The reality of it doesn't matter. Libs will excuse any behavior by Obama simply to deny the conservatives a "victory."

Yep. And it was exactly the same when the Cons were defending Bush. It's a sad state of affairs when the truth, and independent thought, are swept aside by the power-mongers leading both parties.

LOL .... ahhh, yes. That's what I thought.

Shills are shills are shills are shills...

You have to be joking. of course they did. The LOLberal media did not, but the republican base did. The media demonized Bush tot he point he hasnt opened his mouth in public since leaving office. Some of it fully justified, some of it not so much considering passed presidential fuck ups.

Which is where I see the republicans as being correct. The media absolutely refuses to treat Obama with the same level of disrespect as they did Bush. So it's pretty obvious that there is a media bias that runs in the direction of progressive LOLberal dictate.

ABC News anchor Peter Jennings admitted to the Boston Globe in July 2001: “Those of us who went into journalism in the ’50s or ’60s, it was sort of a liberal thing to do: Save the world.”

Research on Media Bias - Discover the Networks

i just wish i could find an honest democRAT/liberal (yaa, right !!) who could tell me what is so appealing about being a liberal ?

why are you one ?

what satisfaction is there in being one ?

i do not intend to offend anyone, but..., in my OPINION liberals are nothing more than commie puppets doing what traitors do.., and again in my OPINION is destroy the very roots of freedom, liberty and independence. :up:

Why conservatives can't whitewater Obama - The Week

Twenty years ago, conservative media mavens seemed able to turn any minor flap into scandal gold, be it a decade-old land deal that lost money or a mundane replacement of White House travel office staff. They even pressured Bill Clinton, early in his first term, to accept an investigation led by an independent special prosecutor, which years later led to his own impeachment. Liberals, in disturbed awe of the Right's ability to control the media narrative, dubbed the conservative media the "Republican Noise Machine."

Yet today, no matter how loud conservatives scream "Benghazi," "Solyndra," "Fast and Furious" and even "Intim-O-Gate" (Glenn Beck's failed attempt to brand the IRS and leak investigation controversies), President Obama glides past. His poll numbers remain relatively stable.

1. Liberals finally learned how to fight back
When the 1988 George H. W. Bush presidential campaign derided Gov. Michael Dukakis with smear after smear, the Democrat fatally believed he could simply ignore it because "nobody's going to believe it." In the 1990s, Bill Clinton naively believed naming a special prosecutor would put to rest any doubts about his real estate dealings. In 2004, Sen. John Kerry thought he could wait a few weeks before responding to the "Swift Boat" attacks on his war record and avoid inadvertently spreading false smears.

But in 2008, the Obama campaign aggressively fought off smears

2. Conservatives have cried wolf too many times
Conservative firebrand Michelle Malkin futilely tried to tag Obama as fostering a "culture of corruption" in a book published merely six months into his presidency. Breathless charges of cronyism in the Solyndra matter proved to be baseless. You will not be surprised to learn that "Fast and Furious" was not a deliberate plot by Obama to ship guns to Mexican drug cartels, maximize cross-border gun violence, and con the public into accepting draconian gun control. These are a mere few examples of smears gone bust in the Obama era.

3. When something does go wrong, Obama is quick to take care of business
Martha Johnson, resigned. Robert Peck, fired. David Chaney, resigned. Greg Stokes, indefinitely suspended without pay. Louis Caldera, resigned.

Don't know who those people are? That's because President Obama got rid of them fast enough to prevent their minor scandals from being exploited by Republicans and becoming extended media soap operas.

Part and parcel with that is:

-Conservatives complete refusal to cooperate with Obama on anything, including the fight against terrorism.
-Conservatives hyperbolic and often racist criticisms of Obama.
-Conservatives leveling charges against the administration then looking for evidence to back it up. (Sound familiar? Can you say "WMDs"?)
-Conservative Politicians parroting crazy made up stories (200 Million a day in India, Arms shipments through Turkey, ACORN prostitution scandal) without any vetting whatsoever.
-Conservatives stated goal of making Obama a one term President.

I think you have touched on the heart of the issue

Conservatives take almost a childlike strategy of something is either entirely good or entirely bad. From the day he was elected, conservatives have labeled Obama as entirely bad. Everything he suggests must be attacked, everything positive must be denied, compromise is unthinkable

The public has seen through it and is tired of it.

Now, it is the boy who cried wolf or as Reagan would say.....There you go again

There may be some truth here. With scandals coming out about every week, people begin just to tune it out I think.

I'm sick of both rotten azz parties in Washington. BOTH are corrupt to their core. BOTH have skeletons in their closet. BOTH gerrymander districts. BOTH take illegal contributions. BOTH are self serving ASSHOLES looking to line their own pockets. You fucking sheeple need to wake the hell up before it's too late.

Here is the real reason.

If you saw how Obama....er.....um.....I mean his supporters influenced the election via the IRS, you will see how Executive power has corrupted the system. That is why pretty much every modern day President has won two terms, including "W". The IRS is but the tip of the ice burg in terms of how these people secure their power. Mark it down, whoever wins in 2016 will be there for two years.

If Nixon were in office today, they would laugh at what he did, with some protesting off to the side, and continue on.

Fill us all in on how that was done..

Targeting non profits for delay. Intimidating their donors not to donate. Using confidential information to target voters. The list is long, for anyone paying attention.

This was the most expensive campaign ever in the history of the US. The Conservatives far outspent the Liberals. They got more airtime in almost every market.

No one was "intimidated" or "delayed".

Quite the opposite occurred. As evident by the long lines and waits at polling stations. Local conservatives tried to squash the vote after national conservatives flooded the airwaves with all sorts of propaganda. They were also completely backed by a foreign propaganda station, FOX..which told lie and after lie about this administration. Additionally several polling outfits were giving completely false and inaccurate assessments of how the election was shaping up.

It still failed.

Fill us all in on how that was done..

Targeting non profits for delay. Intimidating their donors not to donate. Using confidential information to target voters. The list is long, for anyone paying attention.

This was the most expensive campaign ever in the history of the US. The Conservatives far outspent the Liberals. They got more airtime in almost every market.

Quite the opposite occurred. As evident by the long lines and waits at polling stations. Local conservatives tried to squash the vote after national conservatives flooded the airwaves with all sorts of propaganda. They were also completely backed by a foreign propaganda station, FOX..which told lie and after lie about this administration. Additionally several polling outfits were giving completely false and inaccurate assessments of how the election was shaping up.

It still failed.

Actually, it's been admitted that they targeted conservative groups. I realize this leaves a hard line LOLberal like yourself to have cognition failure, but it's true. I didn't bring my fishing waiders in today, so try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shallow.

Why conservatives can't whitewater Obama - The Week

Twenty years ago, conservative media mavens seemed able to turn any minor flap into scandal gold, be it a decade-old land deal that lost money or a mundane replacement of White House travel office staff. They even pressured Bill Clinton, early in his first term, to accept an investigation led by an independent special prosecutor, which years later led to his own impeachment. Liberals, in disturbed awe of the Right's ability to control the media narrative, dubbed the conservative media the "Republican Noise Machine."

Yet today, no matter how loud conservatives scream "Benghazi," "Solyndra," "Fast and Furious" and even "Intim-O-Gate" (Glenn Beck's failed attempt to brand the IRS and leak investigation controversies), President Obama glides past. His poll numbers remain relatively stable.

1. Liberals finally learned how to fight back
When the 1988 George H. W. Bush presidential campaign derided Gov. Michael Dukakis with smear after smear, the Democrat fatally believed he could simply ignore it because "nobody's going to believe it." In the 1990s, Bill Clinton naively believed naming a special prosecutor would put to rest any doubts about his real estate dealings. In 2004, Sen. John Kerry thought he could wait a few weeks before responding to the "Swift Boat" attacks on his war record and avoid inadvertently spreading false smears.

But in 2008, the Obama campaign aggressively fought off smears

2. Conservatives have cried wolf too many times
Conservative firebrand Michelle Malkin futilely tried to tag Obama as fostering a "culture of corruption" in a book published merely six months into his presidency. Breathless charges of cronyism in the Solyndra matter proved to be baseless. You will not be surprised to learn that "Fast and Furious" was not a deliberate plot by Obama to ship guns to Mexican drug cartels, maximize cross-border gun violence, and con the public into accepting draconian gun control. These are a mere few examples of smears gone bust in the Obama era.

3. When something does go wrong, Obama is quick to take care of business
Martha Johnson, resigned. Robert Peck, fired. David Chaney, resigned. Greg Stokes, indefinitely suspended without pay. Louis Caldera, resigned.

Don't know who those people are? That's because President Obama got rid of them fast enough to prevent their minor scandals from being exploited by Republicans and becoming extended media soap operas.

-Conservatives complete refusal to cooperate with Obama on anything, including the fight against terrorism.
-Conservatives leveling charges against the administration then looking for evidence to back it up. (Sound familiar? Can you say "WMDs"?)
-Conservative Politicians parroting crazy made up stories (200 Million a day in India, Arms shipments through Turkey, ACORN prostitution scandal) without any vetting whatsoever.

Conservatives refusal to cooperate with Obama on anything, including the fight against terrorism?

I guess you don't view GOP members like Boehner and Graham as being conservatives, because they are saying that Snowden is a criminal, along with Obama. Of course, if you are saying that they are not conservatives, I would agree with you 100%.

What can I say, this conservative does not think that the American populace should be monitored 24/7 and have the 4rth Amendment defecated on.

Enjoy defending the establishment. It will just keep getting lonelier and lonelier.

On this point, I agree with you 100%.

You'd also find most of the pundits on the MSNBC shows (O'Donnell being the exception) in agreement.

It still failed.

Actually, it's been admitted that they targeted conservative groups. I realize this leaves a hard line LOLberal like yourself to have cognition failure, but it's true. I didn't bring my fishing waiders in today, so try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shallow.

Who's they?

Come on man..dish! And why isn't Issa releasing the full transcripts of his witch hunt?

:lol:

So far....Conservatives are right where I expect them to be

No introspection on how effective their tactics are.......Blame the Liberal Media

Lets see how the rest of our USMB conservatives respond

Please when you READ the FACTS that 85% of the MEDIA DONATE money to Democrats.
When you read the MSM on purpose continually push the Obama/Democrat agenda by during 2012 showing
71% more negative stories about Romney that doesn't mean anything to you?
When the content of the MSM which influences more "low information voters" which almost ALL voted for Obama..
duh... isn't there a connection???

I think you have touched on the heart of the issue

Conservatives take almost a childlike strategy of something is either entirely good or entirely bad. From the day he was elected, conservatives have labeled Obama as entirely bad. Everything he suggests must be attacked, everything positive must be denied, compromise is unthinkable

The public has seen through it and is tired of it.

Now, it is the boy who cried wolf or as Reagan would say.....There you go again

There may be some truth here. With scandals coming out about every week, people begin just to tune it out I think.

The problem with Conservatives is that they overplay their hand on these scandals

They look at each one as .......Can we impeach Obama on this one?

They promise the public a major event......."This is bigger than Watergate" "This could bring down the President". When the facts come out, it turns out to be somebody screwed up but it is far from a crisis

The public has grown skeptical of Conservative overblown scandals

No introspection on how effective their tactics are.......Blame the Liberal Media

When you read the MSM on purpose continually push the Obama/Democrat agenda by during 2012 showing
When the content of the MSM which influences more "low information voters" which almost ALL voted for Obama..

The biggest problem Conservatives have with the main stream media is that the mainstream media holds them to journalistic standards. These standards include having reliable sources, verifiable proof and actual evidence

While FoxNews will pick up a story just because it has "Obama sucks" in the title, the mainstream media demands proof and ignores these stories

That is the "Liberal" bias

Yeah it's the republicans. That's why I so enjoy seeing items like this.

Germans accuse U.S. of Stasi tactics before Obama visit | Reuters

Germans accuse U.S. of Stasi tactics before Obama visit

German outrage over a U.S. Internet spying program has broken out ahead of a visit by Barack Obama, with ministers demanding the president provide a full explanation when he lands in Berlin next week and one official likening the tactics to those of the East German Stasi.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel's spokesman has said she will raise the issue with Obama in talks next Wednesday, potentially casting a cloud over a visit that was designed to celebrate U.S.-German ties on the 50th anniversary John F. Kennedy's famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech.

This one is pretty good too.

Putin on NSA leak: Government surveillance shouldn?t break law ? RT News

Speaking to RT the Russian president stressed that Snowden revealed "nothing we didn’t know before", adding that surveillance "is becoming a global phenomenon in the context of combatting international terrorism", and that "such methods are generally practicable".

But Putin pointed out that "the question is how well those security agencies are controlled by the public."

"I can tell you that, at least in Russia, you cannot just go and tap into someone’s phone conversation without a warrant issued by court,” Putin said answering the question of RT’s Editor-in-Chief Margarita Simonyan.

“That’s more or less the way a civilized society should go about fighting terrorism with modern-day technology. As long as it is exercised within the boundaries of the law that regulates intelligence activities, it’s alright. But if it’s unlawful, then it’s bad.”

Commenting on Obama’s statement that “You can’t have 100 per cent security and 100 per cent privacy,” Putin disagreed, saying it is possible if done within the law.

Compared to Whitewater! Whitewater was an American issue. It's not enough for obama to crash in America. The obama spectacle is world wide. Impeachment isn't good enough. Leaders throughout the world should want regime change.

It still failed.

Who's they?

Come on man..dish! And why isn't Issa releasing the full transcripts of his witch hunt?

:lol:

Who is they? THEY being the IRS. THEY targeted conservative groups and admit to it. From the very top. So you're simply distracting. Did this come from the whitehouse? Who knows. Obama never seems to know anything before anyone else when it makes him look bad or potentially guilty. he's the "I just learned about it with you folks" president or "I dont know" or tell you one thing and do something different..it's just liek the last guy!. In other wordds, he's an incompetent "leader" that saddles everyone else with wrong doing and you LOLberal ball lickers LOVE it!

I will give you this: you really did learn to fight back against conservative thuggery....by becoming thugs yourselves.

Congrats. You want to win, you're not interested in any principles, eithics or truth. You're playing the football game and have gotten a lot of useful idiots in the stands to cheer your agenda.

Last edited:

The biggest problem Conservatives have with the main stream media is that the mainstream media holds them to journalistic standards. These standards include having reliable sources, verifiable proof and actual evidence

While FoxNews will pick up a story just because it has "Obama sucks" in the title, the mainstream media demands proof and ignores these stories

That is the "Liberal" bias

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!

THEY DO HOLD Conservatives to a HIGHER standard! Case in point!

Evan Thomas Editor of NewsWeek's quotes Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

But that will never happen under Obama because this same editor's his response about Obama???

I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

So YES I agree ! The MSM does hold a higher standard for conservatives!

I mean I'm laughing at your totally buy in!

So when the MSM said it was there job to bash Bush YOU and I AGREE! But when it comes to Obama... the MSM calls him a "God"?
Is that what you also think?

I mean this MSM NEVER NEVER questioned when Obama said he wanted HIGHER GAS PRICES! Where were they when he said that?
They STILL HAVEN"T asked Obama "Why were there all the pictures of you during Osama killing... BUT NOTHING on Sept 11,2012 for Benghazi?"
Have you heard any other MSM other then Fox ask that question directly to Obama?

WHY??

In 2004, President Bush was blamed in more than 14 percent of stories (21 out of 143) for something including his “record on jobs” and the “huge” deficit.
But in 2012, President Obama was criticized for current economic problems in just 6 percent of the stories (15 out of 249).
Five ways the mainstream media tipped the scales in favor of Obama | Fox News

MSNBC host Chris Matthews just can’t say enough nice things about President Obama.
Already remembered for 2008 remarks about Mr. Obama’s speech sending a “thrill” up his leg, Mr. Matthews has now suggested the president may be “the perfect American.”

Mr. Matthews‘ comments on Wednesday’s episode of “Hardball” came in context of discussion of Southern Poverty Law Center findings of a correlation between White House pushes for gun control and a rise in patriot group memberships.

“I look at Obama as perfect American,” Mr. Matthews said, according to the show’s transcript. “I don’t mean politically. … But as a citizen. The guy went to school, he never broke a law{{{CHRIS He smoked POT and did Cocaine don't you know that???}}}}}. THe did everything right. He raised a wonderful family. He’s a good husband, a good father. My God, I don’t think he’s ever gotten a speeding ticket. The guy does everything right.”

Mr. Matthews made similar comments in July, calling Mr. Obama “the perfect father, the perfect husband, the perfect American” and implying that only racists could possibly fear his policies.
Read more: MSNBC's Chris Matthews calls Obama the 'perfect American' ? again - Washington Times

Last night[2/13/08] during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech.
Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus —
described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks
"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech.
My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.
Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

Again... where are YOUR substantiations defending Obama with facts as I've done with how the MSM has HAD a lower standard for Obama!!!!

They defended Bush until it was absolutely possible to do so.

To be fair, many supported the Patriot Act. Without it, what is being done now could not have been done.

That is why giving the government any power over us is so dire. Give them an inch, and they will take away everything you have.

I also supported the Patriot Act. And at the time it was reasonable. Different people could have different opinions about it. The original act had a sunset provision, which frankly all legislation should have. I did not support the reauthorizaton and now support repeal of the act for all the reasons we all know.

But Bush received tremendous criticism for his failure to veto GOP budgets in earlier years. He was criticised for his drug benefit giveaway. For No Child Left Behind. Especially for his extending TARP to the auto companies after Congress voted the idea down. All of that from conservatives. I haven't seen libs criticize Obama to anything like the same degree.

The war on terror is over. obama got Bin Laden. Al Quaeda is on the run.

obama needs to conduct surveillance on every American to keep them safe from the terrorists in the United States.

obama won his last election primarily by the very clever use of data mining. The data collection has nothing whatsoever to do with keeping us safe or fighting terrorism. It has to do with the way the government will use data mining to give itself more power.

I also supported the Patriot Act. And at the time it was reasonable. Different people could have different opinions about it. The original act had a sunset provision, which frankly all legislation should have. I did not support the reauthorizaton and now support repeal of the act for all the reasons we all know.

But Bush received tremendous criticism for his failure to veto GOP budgets in earlier years. He was criticised for his drug benefit giveaway. For No Child Left Behind. Especially for his extending TARP to the auto companies after Congress voted the idea down. All of that from conservatives. I haven't seen libs criticize Obama to anything like the same degree.

You won't see it either. To them the end justifies the means, any means.

Forum List

Back