Why did God create evil?

The backside of a piece of paper was created when the paper was made. You can check it out at a papermill. Now you know. Anything else? :biggrin:
If you understand that, then you should also understand everything has an opposite, and also the absence of light, absence of goodness. Our mistake is in assuming there is always a modicum of intelligence brought into a discussion. Let's summarize:

1. Evil is the absence of goodness.
2. Evil is the opposite of good.
3. In scripture, God said He created both (and/or the possibility thereof)

People who have no belief in Go can skip #3. Hard to believe you knew nothing about this until this thread.
The paper mill made both sides at the same time. Just like god did with good and evil.

The backside of a piece of paper was created when the paper was made. You can check it out at a papermill. Now you know. Anything else? :biggrin:
If you understand that, then you should also understand everything has an opposite, and also the absence of light, absence of goodness. Our mistake is in assuming there is always a modicum of intelligence brought into a discussion. Let's summarize:

People who have no belief in Go can skip #3. Hard to believe you knew nothing about this until this thread.
The paper mill made both sides at the same time. Just like god did with good and evil.
But the nature of existence is good.

You can use that paper for good or "evil." The paper just is. The is is good. Do you even comprehend what it means to exist or not to exist?

No one is ever going to answer it to your satisfaction because you don't believe in God.
I have to understand something to believe in it. I can't just say "hey. that sounds cool, I'll go with that", like you do.
So your position begins with a false premise. You ask a question about God's creation, yet you don't believe there is a Creator. Therefore, this entire thread is a deception.
I'm trying to figure out if there is a god (I'm agnostic). And it has to make sense to me, so I ask why does god make evil, deformed babies and cancer...? Seems like nobody here has even ever contemplated this, by the responses.
No, you’re not. You are here to subordinate religion and beliefs.

I’ve answered your questions dozens of times.

you have answers to nothing if it's all part of "gods plan" then all of the murder, rape ,child abuse, war, starvation, etc. are part of "The Plan" What a great plan. I'm out! what about the People we know existed before the "God evolution" Why didn't they worship this all powerful entity. Oh he never made his existence know. Aliens are a better explanation. Einstein never said there was a god just that he believed there was an intelligence beyond our comprehension. So democrats are Part of gods plan "We are doomed"
God does not orchestrate what you call bad or evil. God orchestrated a system where good comes from what you call "bad" or "evil."

You lack perfect knowledge or understanding of the outcomes of what you call "bad" or "evil." You never sought to understand the good that comes from it. You dismiss it 100%. Therefore, your thinking is illogical.

So you agree that god created everything.

Including evil.
That statement is too broad. If, by evil, you mean natural disasters inherent in the physical world, then yes. If you mean the evil that an individual chooses to do, then no.

You can use that paper for good or "evil." The paper just is. The is is good. Do you even comprehend what it means to exist or not to exist?
I'm asking why god made evil. Either god made it, it spontaneously appeared on its own or someone/thing else made it. Take your pick.

So you agree that god created everything.

Including evil.
That statement is too broad. If, by evil, you mean natural disasters inherent in the physical world, then yes. If you mean the evil that an individual chooses to do, then no.
Then who made THAT evil that men choose to do? Or it appeared on its own?

I'm asking why god made evil. Either god made it, it spontaneously appeared on its own or someone/thing else made it. Take your pick.
And I explained to you that God didn't. Existence is good. Or do you disagree with that? Do you think your existence is bad?

Where do you even get your concept of good from? Why would you expect goodness in the first place? The fact you even have a concept and an expectation for goodness is proof God exists.

And I explained to you that God didn't. Existence is good. Or do you disagree with that? Do you think your existence is bad?

Where do you even get your concept of good from? Why would you expect goodness in the first place? The fact you even have a concept and an expectation for goodness is proof God exists.
I'm simply asking why god, an omnipotent being, would let evil happen, or would have made it in the first place. God could have made the absence of good = flowers. But no, he made the absence of good = evil. WHY?

An adult man rapes a little girl. Is that evil? Who acted evilly?

I get that you want to name God. What do you say God did wrong?

An adult man rapes a little girl. Is that evil? Who acted evilly?

I get that you want to name God. What do you say God did wrong?
I'm asking WHY god put an evil component in man. Why not just make man without the urge to rape little girls? We don't have the urge to fuck trees, so why little girls?

I'm simply asking why god, an omnipotent being, would let evil happen
Then you are saying you only want to know what is good? You want to be like Adam and Eve before the fall of man, correct? Had it been your personal choice, you never, in a million years, would have wanted to know both good and evil.

I'm simply asking why god, an omnipotent being, would let evil happen
Then you are saying you only want to know what is good? You want to be like Adam and Eve before the fall of man, correct? Had it been your personal choice, you never, in a million years, would have wanted to know both good and evil.
No, I'm asking why god made evil in the first place? You just don't seem to get it. I'm ok with god making evil, I would just like to know for what purpose are htere child rapes, deformed babies and cancer. Why would god make those? WHY?

I'm asking WHY god put an evil component in man. Why not just make man without the urge to rape little girls?
What other urges would you choose to eliminate? After that, go on to natural disasters and list those. Third, physical characteristics. There must be some of those you are also in favor of eliminating. Etc.

I'm asking WHY god put an evil component in man. Why not just make man without the urge to rape little girls?
What other urges would you choose to eliminate? After that, go on to natural disasters and list those. Third, physical characteristics. There must be some of those you are also in favor of eliminating. Etc.
It's not about eliminating anything, it's about understanding WHY god would put those components into man and life. WHY did god give man the urge to rape little girls?

No, I'm asking why god made evil in the first place? You just don't seem to get it. I'm ok with god making evil, I would just like to know for what purpose are htere child rapes, deformed babies and cancer. Why would god make those? WHY?
You tell me. (Your answer: There is no God. My response: Okay, go with that.)

You are so intent that there is no God, you are not paying attention--or giving consideration--to anything else. In other words, already asked, already answered. Sorry you missed it.

It's not about eliminating anything, it's about understanding WHY god would put those components into man and life. WHY did god give man the urge to rape little girls?
Since I have never met a man who had that urge, I haven't the faintest idea.

You tell me. (Your answer: There is no God. My response: Okay, go with that.)

You are so intent that there is no God, you are not paying attention--or giving consideration--to anything else. In other words, already asked, already answered. Sorry you missed it.
I tell you? My guess would be that if we are made in god's image, then god must have evil in him as well. He drowned nearly everyone in a flood, don't forget...

Ok, so you don't know why god made evil. Now we're getting somewhere. How about asking your pastor/priest/... to explain it to you and report back?

Ok, so you don't know why god made evil. Now we're getting somewhere. How about asking your pastor/priest/... to explain it to you and report back?
What I said is I don't know any man who would do such evil. Priests I have been fortunate to have are not part of that small percentage who have done such a thing. If you know someone--doctor, lawyer, teacher, or priest--talk with them and then come back and report to us in this thread. Feel free to take your time. :)

Could you be more disingenuous?

Forum List

Back