Why did God create evil?

I have already summarized them in the OP. It would be illogical for me to repeat what I have already said.

You tell me what was illogical about what I have already said.
It's illogical for you to answer with a deflection over and over again, rather than just post what you think about the subject. And you do this all the time. I can only conclude that you are afraid of debate.
You are the one who claimed the OP was illogical, Taz. How is it illogical?
God supposedly created the universe and everything in it, right?
Yes, and everything God created is good.

Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
God had to have set it up so that in the absence of good, there is evil, and then had to have created evil. Things in a universe created by god can't simply pop up out of nowhere without god's knowledge or permission. That would be totally illogical.
Nothing is evil. Evil is a construct of man. Evil doesn't exist. No one does evil for the sake of evil.

You expect everything to be perfect if there is a God. That is an illogical expectation.

I have already summarized them in the OP. It would be illogical for me to repeat what I have already said.

You tell me what was illogical about what I have already said.
It's illogical for you to answer with a deflection over and over again, rather than just post what you think about the subject. And you do this all the time. I can only conclude that you are afraid of debate.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
God had to have set it up so that in the absence of good, there is evil, and then had to have created evil. Things in a universe created by god can't simply pop up out of nowhere without god's knowledge or permission. That would be totally illogical.
Why do you think God controls everything? That is illogical.

But still, nobody has explained why god felt the need to make evil.
No one is ever going to answer it to your satisfaction because you don't believe in God.
I have to understand something to believe in it. I can't just say "hey. that sounds cool, I'll go with that", like you do.
So your position begins with a false premise. You ask a question about God's creation, yet you don't believe there is a Creator. Therefore, this entire thread is a deception.
I'm trying to figure out if there is a god (I'm agnostic). And it has to make sense to me, so I ask why does god make evil, deformed babies and cancer...? Seems like nobody here has even ever contemplated this, by the responses.
No, you’re not. You are here to subordinate religion and beliefs.

I’ve answered your questions dozens of times.

you have answers to nothing if it's all part of "gods plan" then all of the murder, rape ,child abuse, war, starvation, etc. are part of "The Plan" What a great plan. I'm out! what about the People we know existed before the "God evolution" Why didn't they worship this all powerful entity. Oh he never made his existence know. Aliens are a better explanation. Einstein never said there was a god just that he believed there was an intelligence beyond our comprehension. So democrats are Part of gods plan "We are doomed"

Nothing is evil. Evil is a construct of man. Evil doesn't exist. No one does evil for the sake of evil.

You expect everything to be perfect if there is a God. That is an illogical expectation.
I don't expect evil not to exist, I'm simply asking WHY god created evil and the conditions for it to flourish, since He made man, WHY put evil on his path?

"Evil doesn't exist. No one does evil for the sake of evil." Yes and yes. You JUST said that I expect evil not to exist. Make up your fucking mind.

Never said that, I said that god supposedly created the universe and everything in it, otherwise He had help. Which is it?

I don't expect evil not to exist, I'm simply asking WHY god created evil and the conditions for it to flourish, since He made man, WHY put evil on his path?

"Evil doesn't exist. No one does evil for the sake of evil." Yes and yes. You JUST said that I expect evil not to exist. Make up your fucking mind.
And I explained it to you. God didn't create evil.

Everything God created is good.

it's just that nobody explained it properly
There are two approaches, both with a scientific basis.

The first is darkness is merely the absence of light. Likewise, centuries ago, evil was described as the absence of goodness.

The second is another way of describing the above. Everything has two sides. To ask why evil exists is comparable to asking why the backside of a piece of paper exists, or the underside of a blanket or why there is an inside and an outside.

Note, that your question has been answered without either referencing God. This suggests that your confusion lies not with why evil exists, but a confusion about whether God exists.

So evil exists but god didn't create it. So then god DIDN'T create everything in the universe. Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

Never said that, I said that god supposedly created the universe and everything in it, otherwise He had help. Which is it?
I've explained this too you a dozen times too. God created existence. We are pretty much on our own.

You believe otherwise. You believe that God controls everything and since everything is not perfect, there can be no God. The problem with this belief is that it expects God to do all kinds of magical things. That is illogical.

So evil exists but god didn't create it. So then god DIDN'T create everything in the universe. Is that your final answer? :biggrin:
No, evil is not extant. What part of that did you not understand?

it's just that nobody explained it properly
There are two approaches, both with a scientific basis.

The first is darkness is merely the absence of light. Likewise, centuries ago, evil was described as the absence of goodness.

The second is another way of describing the above. Everything has two sides. To ask why evil exists is comparable to asking why the backside of a piece of paper exists, or the underside of a blanket or why there is an inside and an outside.

Note, that your question has been answered without either referencing God. This suggests that your confusion lies not with why evil exists, but a confusion about whether God exists.
The backside of a piece of paper was created when the paper was made. You can check it out at a papermill. Now you know. Anything else? :biggrin:

I've explained this too you a dozen times too. God created existence. We are pretty much on our own.

You believe otherwise. You believe that God controls everything and since everything is not perfect, there can be no God. The problem with this belief is that it expects God to do all kinds of magical things. That is illogical.
Ok, we've been around this block before. And you're still wrong. Either god created everything in the universe or He didn't. To say that the evil shit got away from him and/or made itself or by someone else is totally illogical and goes against biblical doctrine, which you seem to love so much.

No, evil is not extant. What part of that did you not understand?
So evil made itself, with god having no say whatsoever? Absurd.

So if god exists and everything that happens is part of gods ultimate plan why do people mourn death
Consider whether it is death that is mourned--or loss. Parents can mourn a child going off to college, victims of a flood or earthquake mourn not the flood or the earth quake, but the loss of treasured possessions. Loss of youth is often mourned.

I see. This hasn't been about pursuing knowledge. It has been a "Gotcha Game." No wonder I missed it. As early as Isaiah God said He is the creator of both. Since you do not believe in God, I assumed you do not seeing God as creating anything. I explained how creation works, whether you believe in God or not.

But you "win" because I willingly forfeit this game of silliness.

I see. This hasn't been about pursuing knowledge. It has been a "Gotcha Game." No wonder I missed it. As early as Isaiah God said He is the creator of both. Since you do not believe in God, I assumed you do not seeing God as creating anything. I explained how creation works, whether you believe in God or not.

But you "win" because I willingly forfeit this game of silliness.
Where does it say in the bible that god didn't create everything?

You believe otherwise. You believe that God controls everything and since everything is not perfect, there can be no God. The problem with this belief is that it expects God to do all kinds of magical things. That is illogical.[/QUOTE

I have an dreamy idea ! lets make a place where everything is Perfect where everyone is the same where all good flows like water, where everyone shares in the efforts of the Communal group. Oh shit ! I just woke up in Venezuela. and I'm broke.

The backside of a piece of paper was created when the paper was made. You can check it out at a papermill. Now you know. Anything else? :biggrin:
If you understand that, then you should also understand everything has an opposite, and also the absence of light, absence of goodness. Our mistake is in assuming there is always a modicum of intelligence brought into a discussion. Let's summarize:

1. Evil is the absence of goodness.
2. Evil is the opposite of good.
3. In scripture, God said He created both (and/or the possibility thereof)

People who have no belief in Go can skip #3. Hard to believe you knew nothing about this until this thread.

Forum List

Back