Why did God create evil?

If you understand that, then you should also understand everything has an opposite, and also the absence of light, absence of goodness. Our mistake is in assuming there is always a modicum of intelligence brought into a discussion. Let's summarize:

1. Evil is the absence of goodness.
2. Evil is the opposite of good.
3. In scripture, God said He created both (and/or the possibility thereof)

People who have no belief in Go can skip #3. Hard to believe you knew nothing about this until this thread.
The paper mill made both sides at the same time. Just like god did with good and evil.
But the nature of existence is good.

You can use that paper for good or "evil." The paper just is. The is is good. Do you even comprehend what it means to exist or not to exist?
I'm asking why god made evil. Either god made it, it spontaneously appeared on its own or someone/thing else made it. Take your pick.
And I explained to you that God didn't. Existence is good. Or do you disagree with that? Do you think your existence is bad?

Where do you even get your concept of good from? Why would you expect goodness in the first place? The fact you even have a concept and an expectation for goodness is proof God exists.
I'm simply asking why god, an omnipotent being, would let evil happen, or would have made it in the first place. God could have made the absence of good = flowers. But no, he made the absence of good = evil. WHY?
I answered this in another thread I created especially for you, Taz.

So if God didn't create evil, why does God allow evil to exist?
No one really knows...

Maybe because he is seeking certain outcomes under certain conditions.

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe good has no meaning if one is forced to be good.

Or maybe he couldn't figure out how to make a one sided coin.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

Or maybe he wants us to love him for who he is and not what he can do for us.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourselves what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.

It's not about eliminating anything, it's about understanding WHY god would put those components into man and life. WHY did god give man the urge to rape little girls?
Since I have never met a man who had that urge, I haven't the faintest idea.
Ok, so you don't know why god made evil. Now we're getting somewhere. How about asking your pastor/priest/... to explain it to you and report back?
Could you be more disingenuous?
She said "I haven't the faintest idea".

The paper mill made both sides at the same time. Just like god did with good and evil.

You can use that paper for good or "evil." The paper just is. The is is good. Do you even comprehend what it means to exist or not to exist?
I'm asking why god made evil. Either god made it, it spontaneously appeared on its own or someone/thing else made it. Take your pick.
And I explained to you that God didn't. Existence is good. Or do you disagree with that? Do you think your existence is bad?

Where do you even get your concept of good from? Why would you expect goodness in the first place? The fact you even have a concept and an expectation for goodness is proof God exists.
I'm simply asking why god, an omnipotent being, would let evil happen, or would have made it in the first place. God could have made the absence of good = flowers. But no, he made the absence of good = evil. WHY?

No one really knows...

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourselves what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.
You can make a one sided coin by printing the same thing on both sides, just like god could have put good on the other side of good.

But I like that you admit that you don't know why evil was put there by god, now we're getting somewhere.

So He is seeking a certain outcome by giving believers cancer? That makes no sense. That's sliding into Mengele territory.

No one really knows...

You can make a one sided coin by printing the same thing on both sides, just like god could have put good on the other side of good.

But I like that you admit that you don't know why evil was put there by god, now we're getting somewhere.

So He is seeking a certain outcome by giving believers cancer? That makes no sense. That's sliding into Mengele territory.
That isn’t a one sided coin. It still has two sides.

Do I know for certain? No, but I have a pretty good idea and an infinitely better idea than you.

Let me know when you have addressed each and every one of my ideas.

No one really knows...

Do I know for certain? No, but I have a pretty good idea and an infinitely better idea than you.

You admit that you don’t know, that’s all I needed. Merri doesn’t know either. Seems like an important thing to know about your god. Shows that you like the fantasy about believing in a god.

No one really knows...

You admit that you don’t know, that’s all I needed. Merri doesn’t know either. Seems like an important thing to know about your god. Shows that you like the fantasy about believing in a god.
Let me know when you have addressed each and every one of my ideas. Until then, you lose again.

Let me know when you have addressed each and every one of my ideas
He needs additional time. He has trouble defining what he means by evil, and cannot seem to conceptualize people choosing not to do what is good and/or right. He seems to picture evil as something someone makes and sells to others at a retail store. He apparently thinks people then don evil much like they might a fashionable shirt. He seems to be arguing it is not the person who chooses to don this shirt of evil who is at fault, but the person who manufactured a shirt of evil to begin with. Meanwhile, evil is no more manufactured than opinions are. Did God create and form our opinions?

No one really knows...

Let me know when you have addressed each and every one of my ideas. Until then, you lose again.
You already admitted that you don't know, loser.

No one really knows...

You’ve already admitted that you don’t know why god does what it does. No need to say again.

You’ve already admitted that you don’t know why god does what it does. No need to say again.
What you intend for evil, God is using for good. He's using you.

The simple answer is that God didn't create evil.

Everything God created is good.

Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
God created Trump.
Therefore, God created evil.

The simple answer is that God didn't create evil.

Everything God created is good.

Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
God created Trump.
Therefore, God created evil.
Wow, that was really deep.

Evil is going contrary to GOD's goals. GOD permits choice and will eventually sort out those who want to disregard GOD.

Evil is going contrary to GOD's goals. GOD permits choice and will eventually sort out those who want to disregard GOD.
So if evil is contrary to god's goals, why did god make evil?
God didn't make evil. Evil is not extant. We've been over this dozens of times.

Why didn't God make it so that you were attracted to the opposite sex?

Evil can’t exist without someone having made it. Things can’t make themselves. I thought you knew that.

Evil can’t exist without someone having made it. Things can’t make themselves. I thought you knew that.
Then being gay can't exist without someone having made it.

Forum List

Back