Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

As opposed to killing intelligent people like the atheists did in the 19th century?

How about using the existing titles in the bible? I know that may seem like a radical idea to you. But treating people with respect might just produce better results for you.
Bible terms are radical to us because we don't consider much of it to be literal.
I think we're making progress toward finding agreement on a lot of what the CC isn't trying to backpedal anymore. The CC allowing the flock to believe what they like is going to pay big rewards for them.

But for atheists, they're going to finally have to make it clear that old superstitious beliefs will sooner or later have to be forbidden.

The CC has made a lot of progress with it's attempts to move into the 21st. century. It now needs to get more serious by throwing out all of Genesis. It just can't work alongside Darwin.

Bible terms are radical to us because we don't consider much of it to be literal.
I think we're making progress toward finding agreement on a lot of what the CC isn't trying to backpedal anymore. The CC allowing the flock to believe what they like is going to pay big rewards for them.
I don't believe we are making progress.

But for atheists, they're going to finally have to make it clear that old superstitious beliefs will sooner or later have to be forbidden.
That's exactly what the atheistic nations tried in the 19th century.

Birds of a feather flock together, eh?

I don't believe we are making progress.
An atheist and a Catholic coming to agreement that the biblrs are not to be taken literally is huge progress in my opinion. The majority of your fellow Christian are still sticking with big fish story with a man living in it's stomach!

Can we talk about other examples of bible stories that have to be literally impossible to believe?

An atheist and a Catholic coming to agreement that the biblrs are not to be taken literally is huge progress in my opinion. The majority of your fellow Christian are still sticking with big fish story with a man living in it's stomach!

Can we talk about other examples of bible stories that have to be literally impossible to believe?
But we aren't in agreement really. For example Exodus did happen, just not in exactly the way it was embellished. Many accounts are historical so if they contain any embellishment it must be distinguished from the passages which aren't. You don't seem to possess the intellect or integrity to decipher the Bible. It's probably best that you don't try and keep on with your subordination of religion. It won't work but it seems to make you happy. Which is probably the best you can hope for as your Darwinize yourself out of existence.

But we aren't in agreement really. For example Exodus did happen, just not in exactly the way it was embellished.
Thank you! The details on the lies and embellishments can come later for us.
Many accounts are historical so if they contain any embellishment it must be distinguished from the passages which aren't.
Now that's to the point, but we're short of examples on which to disagree. Let's not go shopping to fine some.
You don't seem to possess the intellect or integrity to decipher the Bible.
If your motive is to destroy progress then help me to understand that which you seem to think I'm avoiding.
It's probably best that you don't try and keep on with your subordination of religion.
The meaning of that sentence isn't clear, I should continue or I should stop?
I would only suggest that our understanding of the big fish story, subordinates the understanding this board's members have adopted as the truth.
It won't work but it seems to make you happy. Which is probably the best you can hope for as your Darwinize yourself out of existence.
Darwinize ourselves out of existence??

Pope Francis' statements yesterday bring the church's stance back in line with its historical position on scientific thought.
So you are supposing that the Catholic Church has always accepted Darwinian evolution?

For the sake of making more progress, I won't be the one to call that hogwash.

Thank you! The details on the lies and embellishments can come later for us.

Now that's to the point, but we're short of examples on which to disagree. Let's not go shopping to fine some.

If your motive is to destroy progress then help me to understand that which you seem to think I'm avoiding.

The meaning of that sentence isn't clear, I should continue or I should stop?
I would only suggest that our understanding of the big fish story, subordinates the understanding this board's members have adopted as the truth.

Darwinize ourselves out of existence??
I'm not here to help you subordinate religion, bro. I'm here to stop you.

So you are supposing that the Catholic Church has always accepted Darwinian evolution?

For the sake of making more progress, I won't be the one to call that hogwash.
What I wrote came from the link YOU provided.

I'm not here to help you subordinate religion, bro. I'm here to stop you.
We'll have to wait and see how your comment can detract from our progress. AT the moment you're being completely confrontational.

Can you fix up the Noah's ark story to make it compatible with the fossil record?

Or have you decided that there's nothing that can be saved?

We'll have to wait and see how your comment can detract from our progress. AT the moment you're being completely confrontational.
Yes, I am. I'm here to oppose your attempt to subordinate of religion. I never hid that. I thought that has always been clear. Don't pretend to be my friend while you twist and misstate what I say. That's insulting my intelligence.

Can you fix up the Noah's ark story to make it compatible with the fossil record? Or have you decided that there's nothing that can be saved?
Why would I need to do that. It's an allegorical account of a noteworthy historical event that all ancient cultures recorded.

Why would I need to do that. It's an allegorical account of a noteworthy historical event that all ancient cultures recorded.
Alright then, we can't rush these things. You will only call it allegory while calling it an historical account too at the same time.

If there is any historical account then we would have to be believing in the sense of a localized flood.

I'll accept that or I'll accept it all allegorical with you. We have both determined that it can't be literally true now.

Did you not understand the meaning of allegorical?

Alright then, we can't rush these things. You will only call it allegory while calling it an historical account too at the same time.

If there is any historical account then we would have to be believing in the sense of a localized flood.

I'll accept that or I'll accept it all allegorical with you. We have both determined that it can't be literally true now.

Did you not understand the meaning of allegorical?
Thank you for proving my point about twisting my words. And for insulting my intelligence.

Forum List

Back