Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

Who told Catholics that they were allowed to believe in a multivers lately. You're already telling science that It's made up of a bunch of big bang universes!
You have a strange notion about the role of churches and religions. You seem to think their role is to control all thoughts and actions. It isn't.

But it's not a leap of at all and if by throwing out passages you mean to say I don't interpret them the way you do, sure.
You know that I interpet the big fish story the same way as you. We've never disagreed on it being baloney.
But if you mean to say I discard those passages, no, I don't. I seek to understand the intent of the author. Which can only be accomplished through effort, contemplation, objectivity and intelligence.
I still haven't heard any christian agree with you on the bible not being the literal word of the god.

That takes an atheist!

You understand that science doesn’t exist without imagination and what ifs. You do know that, don’t you? That’s why even thinking that science is settled, any science is settled is simply anti-science. This idea of empirical evidence damns imagination which damns science.
Ding's CC has settled on Darwinian evolution but has allowed the flock to believe what they like.

What do you believe? If you're a catholic you've been given permission to refer to the entire Genesis story as bull sh-t.

I still haven't heard any christian agree with you on the bible not being the literal word of the god.

That takes an atheist!
Really? You've discussed that with every Christian?

But for the record anything which is true is the word of God as God is truth... among other "things."

Ding's CC has settled on Darwinian evolution but has allowed the flock to believe what they like.

What do you believe? If you're a catholic you've been given permission to refer to the entire Genesis story as bull sh-t.
Why do you need to keep misstating things? Is it a fetish of yours?

No, I don't know that. I interpret like an adult. Adults don't see it as baloney.
Baloney is just another term used to describe the bible stories that are impossible to believe. Call it what you like! It's something at least on which we agree!

I’m not Catholic. They are the counterfeit Church of Jesus Christ. And, the CC hasn’t settled that. People in it have concluded this. But, is it cannonized doctrine? If it is, another reason for them being the apostate counterfeit church.

Really? You've discussed that with every Christian?
No, that's just silly. Christians usually won't talk about the question on which we believe, other to say that they believe what the bibles say.
But for the record anything which is true is the word of God as God is truth... among other "things."

The Catholic church has allowed the flock to believe what they like. You are not to question their beliefs That's the equivalent of the god believig all sorts of contradictions and some of those have to be 'baloney'.

Does cougarbear have an identity problem? he doesn't know whether he's a cougar or a bear

also doesn't know which is the only Church that goes back to the time of Christ...

sad

Baloney is just another term used to describe the bible stories that are impossible to believe. Call it what you like! It's something at least on which we agree!
Again... your interpretations are hard to believe and your interpretations are baloney. Adult interpretations are not hard to believe.

No, that's just silly. Christians usually won't talk about the question on which we believe, other to say that they believe what the bibles say.
What's silly is you contradicting yourself in the span of two posts.

The Catholic church has allowed the flock to believe what they like. You are not to question their beliefs That's the equivalent of the god believig all sorts of contradictions and some of those have to be 'baloney'.
Pretty much every interpretation of yours is baloney. Just as everything you quote as fact about the HRCC is baloney too. But I don't mind you getting it wrong because wisdom should not be given to just any jackanape.

Last edited:
Again... your interpretations are hard to believe and your interpretations are baloney. Adult interpretations are not hard to believe.
Let's see if we can come up with a good name for bible stories.

Something that would have worked o.k. in the 17th. century when the catholic church was still burning women, who had black kitties..

Let's see if we can come up with a good name for bible stories.

Something that would have worked o.k. in the 17th. century when the catholic church was still burning women, who had black kitties..
As opposed to killing intelligent people like the atheists did in the 19th century?

How about using the existing titles in the bible? I know that may seem like a radical idea to you. But treating people with respect might just produce better results for you.

And now that the big bang could be rejected for the multiverse theory. you'll have to revise and amend your Catholic beliefs again.
So going back to this. This is how I know you are the intellectual equivalent of an ant. You really believed multiverses were some new way of creating universes. That multiverse theory negated the Big Bang theory. But in reality it is the Big Bang theory which is the basis of multiverse theory which you would have known if you weren't the intellectual equivalent of an ant.

So... how does it feel to be treated disrespectfully?

Well, most christians believe that we are born with original sin on our souls. Oh, wait.. that's not exactly whatCatholics believe (not sure of others). We are born with the stain of original sin on our souls. That means that when our ancestors fell, our very nature fell... Sin is egregious (libs say something else but they can go back to Politics and be libs all they want...)

Anyhow, baptism washes away that stain.

And even then we see how evil people can be, even after being baptized. :( We are born LOST. Only Jesus can help us to find our way... by following HIS way.

Jesus is God

"If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father"

"I and the Father are one"

To be a disciple, in this life, being born again and spirit-filled, you must believe and receive baptism. You are of the first fruits of humanity to experience the presence of YHWH, becoming a living tabernacle and governor in training. Not everyone is going to reign with Jesus Christ over the nations, as a member of Christ's royal family, that unique position is reserved for His disciples, who gave up everything for him in this life. Who essentially died with Him on the cross, crucifying their earthly lives, with all of their worldly, selfish impulses, aspirations, agendas..etc. You become one heart (one mind) and soul (one life) with your brothers and sisters in Christ:

Act 4:32-37 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. (33) And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. (34) Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, (35) And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. (36) And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, (37) Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Joh 17:20-22 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; (21) That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (22) And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Act 2:44-47 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; (45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (46) And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, (47) Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Mar 10:28-31 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. (29) And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, (30) But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. (31) But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Joh_15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Joh_15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Joh_15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Joh_15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

One of the main elements of the litmus test to determine whether a person is a disciple of Jesus Christ is their willingness to lay everything down before the feet of their brothers and sisters (The Earthly Body of Jesus Christ a.k.a. The Church/The Assembly Of Governors In Training). You must die before you live, carrying your cross daily, dying daily, to yourself. You must love your brothers and sisters in Christ, in the same way that Jesus loved his disciples (In the same way He loved you). The members of his royal family, are His elect disciples, the spirits that fought alongside Him against Satan and His fallen angels, zealously pursuing the enemy into this material universe.

You broke with the ranks, out of anger, a sense of righteous indignation, and rage, and fell into the black hole, with the enemy. Jesus wasn't going to abandon you in this corrupt material realm, on the edge of oblivion, so He incarnated to save you, provided you're of His elect. You're assured salvation, through your fruit-bearing, divinely gifted faith in Christ. You will bear fruit because you're of His beloved legions that fell into this material, mortal realm, originally created for Satan and his angels. You're a fallen thoughtform (or fallen-angel), not because you betrayed the Firstborn Son of YHWH, but out of love and zeal for YHWH and His Son, you fell in battle, in pursuit of the enemy.

The unelected human beings will be resurrected from the dead, and judged according to their works. They will have their day in court. If you're of the elect who have saving faith, then you will be reborn, above, where Jesus is. You were as a genuine Christian disciple of Jesus Christ, born again, above, and filled with His Holy Spirit, no longer subject to the torments of the grave. You will not be summoned as the prophet Samuel was by the witch of Endor. The demons won't have any authority over your soul, when you're in the grave, because your soul won't be in the grave to be exploited and abused, but in the place where you were reborn, above, in genuine saving faith. You won't be tempted by demons when you're in the grave, to serve them. They wake up the unelected and make them an offer: "Serve us, and you will remain awake".

For genuine Christians, there is no death. You close your eyes here when you stop breathing and you wake up in YHWH's Kingdom above, with Jesus Christ. That's the benefit of being a born-again (born from above) Christian. Your spirit which was dead before becoming a Christian, is made alive, and hence when your body dies, you don't die, you wake up in heaven. The problem is that most people who think they're Christians, aren't. They remain dead, after they die and don't wake up in heaven. They're actually awoken by demons and made an offer: "Serve us and you will remain awake in our service". Christians don't have to deal with that. True Christians will reign with Jesus over the nations, as angelic members of His royal family.

ea7c8004fc28fef07ef6331b7cbad138.jpg

Last edited:
So loving God with all your heart isn't enough?
He means well at least. I wonder if the young American white girl being crowned could be replaced with a naked early ancestor of humans?

Your remark about leftsists feeling before thinking got me thinking.

Forum List

Back