Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

The origin of baptizing comes from the Jews. The purification rites in Halakha, Jewish law and tradition, called tvilah. Old Testament prophets used water as an outward symbol for internal cleansing (Isa. 1:16; Ezek. 36:25;
Do you pay a lot of attention to how things were in Old Testament times?

Because GOD never threw out the OT like many Christian sects do today

infant baptism is unbiblical. Babies cant repent of anything.
Tell that to the writers of ACTS

where it says clearly that whole households were baptized. Most households (esp in those days before contraception and legalized abortion)

have

guess what?

INFANTS

and young children

Trinity

Father, Son and Holy Spirit

When Jesus was in the flesh like US, he likely didn't have all the... whatever you call it... power and etc that He had in Heaven. He gave up a lot to come to Earth and be like us
god would not need to pray to anyone....i would ask who is god praying too?....

god would not need to pray to anyone....i would ask who is god praying too?....
well, you just don't get it.

That's not surprising. You haven't done a fraction of the things I myself have... gone to Mass for years and years... prayed your **** off about this and that... esp the rosary... so of course u don't u/stand what I u/stand

well, you just don't get it.

That's not surprising. You haven't done a fraction of the things I myself have... gone to Mass for years and years... prayed your **** off about this and that... esp the rosary... so of course u don't u/stand what I u/stand
how come you cant answer my question?......who would god be praying too?....give me a name.....and the last time i was told the father....who i was told was also god....so is he praying to himself?....who is god praying too?...

you are avoiding the question......who would the most ultimate advanced life form in existence.....pray too?....
No, I am not avoiding anything. We already went over who I said Jesus was praying to (Posts #38 and #43). So I am moving on. To whom do you say Jesus was praying? From something you said earlier, I did get the impression your belief is that Jesus was only human, and being only human, he was praying to God. But now I am not sure I understood that is what you are saying?

No, I am not avoiding anything. We already went over who I said Jesus was praying to (Posts #38 and #43). So I am moving on. To whom do you say Jesus was praying? From something you said earlier, I did get the impression your belief is that Jesus was only human, and being only human, he was praying to God. But now I am not sure I understood that is what you are saying?
no i did not say that.....no jesus was not human......did not Jesus say....you are of this world,i am not of this world......i told you before that in the garden he was communicating with THEE God....and yes he may have pulled out a communicator or more likely telepathic.....but Jesus was communicating with God.....he is a being much higher than any human or "Angel" is....the being who is God may be just pure Energy.....

that pure energy is sentient and can probably instantly create or destroy with a thought...
Doesn't it seem God takes his time, unless it is a case that a day is like a thousand years, yet to God a thousand years is like a day?

Doesn't it seem God takes his time, unless it is a case that a day is like a thousand years, yet to God a thousand years is like a day?
thats true i have heard that for years.....1 day to his realm is maybe a thousand years for us......i was just watching this old sy fy show were these to guys wandered thru a portal to another realm.....when they came back after being gone only 2 hours,a month had passed on earth.....their family and cops declared them missing persons....

Am I telling you about your faith or am I telling you that you are molding science to match your religious dogma? Are you more beholding to Joseph Smith or to God?
I’m not molding anything. Science is simply catching up to God’s Plan of Salvation to bring to past the immortality and eternal life of mankind.

Forum List

Back