Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

Einstein refutes your statement. Matter cannot be created nor destroyed. It can only change shapes and uses.
I'm not making God into man. I'm stating the fact that the man Jesus was resurrected into an eternal glorified man that will exist forever. And, since Jesus said if you have seen me, you have seen your Father in Heaven, then Father in Heaven was already a glorified man. You do have a brain to logically reason, right? Truth is reason and truth is eternal, I know that I also have a Mother in Heaven too. The Mother of my spirit body. My soul or intelligence has always existed and is energy or matter.
This will be the last time I tell you this...

We know from science that space and time had a beginning. Specifically, red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations, quantum mechanics, the First Law of Thermodynamics, the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Inflation Theory.

Red shift, cosmic background radiation and Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations tells us that all matter and energy in the universe once occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom and then began to expand and cool. The First Law of Thermodynamics (i.e. conservation of energy) tells us that since that time matter and energy has only changed form. Which means that the atoms in our bodies were created from nothing when space and and time were created from nothing.

Red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations and the Second Law of Thermodynamics tells us that space and time did have a beginning. If the universe is expanding then it must have a beginning. If you follow it backwards in time, then any object must come to a boundary of space time. You cannot continue that history indefinitely. This is still true even if a universe has periods of contraction. It still has to have a beginning if expansion over weights the contraction. Atheists - and apparently Mormons - have been uncomfortable with the idea of a beginning since the work of Friedman which showed that the solutions of Einstein's equation showed that the universe had a beginning.

Inflation Theory, the First Law of Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics tells us that it is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

Here is the testimony of a world renowned cosmologist who will tell you that the universe was spontaneously created out of nothing.

This will be the last time I tell you this...

We know from science that space and time had a beginning. Specifically, red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations, quantum mechanics, the First Law of Thermodynamics, the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Inflation Theory.

Red shift, cosmic background radiation and Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations tells us that all matter and energy in the universe once occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom and then began to expand and cool. The First Law of Thermodynamics (i.e. conservation of energy) tells us that since that time matter and energy has only changed form. Which means that the atoms in our bodies were created from nothing when space and and time were created from nothing.

It’s hilarious that you first give matter and energy (which matter is) a size. Then you do mental gymnastics to say the same matter came from nothing. Nothing has no size. See the hypocrisy! If matter is contained in a box, it has size, shape and mass. It isn’t nothing.
Then, expand on this. Where did that matter come from? Why was it there? And, are there other boxes outside our universe that have also exploded with a big bang? There are other scientists with theories that don’t agree with this person’s theories. But, liberals believe science is settled.

Then, expand on this. Where did that matter come from? Why was it there? And, are there other boxes outside our universe that have also exploded with a big bang? There are other scientists with theories that don’t agree with this person’s theories. But, liberals believe science is settled.
It existed as potential in a quantum state, as a probability wave or quantum field if you prefer that term. It did not exist in the form of matter or energy that existed in space and time. It came into existence through paired particle production which is what produced the CMB which is the finger print or smoking gun of creation itself. All matter and energy that exists today was created in that creative act.

It existed as potential in a quantum state, as a probability wave or quantum field if you prefer that term. It did not exist in the form of matter or energy that existed in space and time. It came into existence through paired particle production which is what produced the CMB which is the finger print or smoking gun of creation itself. All matter and energy that exists today was created in that creative act.
God is great! He saw matter not yet formed.
There are a lot of these universes and more to come.

But they perform the actions you say a Christian must do to be saved. Why are they not a Christian?
No, they don't put their faith in Jesus only. You must believe in Joseph Smith and the book of Mormon and doctrines and Covenants. Christians are saved through faith in Jesus and his death and resurrection, period.

No, they don't put their faith in Jesus only. You must believe in Joseph Smith and the book of Mormon and doctrines and Covenants. Christians are saved through faith in Jesus and his death and resurrection, period.
I have minimal knowledge of the Mormon religion but this is how they explain themselves. Certainly sounds like a Christian as you define a Christian.

What does Mormonism say about Jesus?

What Mormons Believe about Jesus Christ

Mormons believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose again so that all humankind could be resurrected and one day return to live with a loving Heavenly Father. As the only person who has ever lived a completely sinless life, the Savior was a perfect sacrifice, a lamb without blemish.

I have minimal knowledge of the Mormon religion but this is how they explain themselves. Certainly sounds like a Christian as you define a Christian.

What does Mormonism say about Jesus?

What Mormons Believe about Jesus Christ

Mormons believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose again so that all humankind could be resurrected and one day return to live with a loving Heavenly Father. As the only person who has ever lived a completely sinless life, the Savior was a perfect sacrifice, a lamb without blemish.
That's not their complete plan for salvation. As with all religious cults, you're not getting the whole story. Belief that Joseph Smith is a prophet is a must. You also must believe that LDS is the only true believers. You must believe all other Christians are lost.

You are the most ignorant piece of $@&$ ever! You lied at least 5 times. LDS do not believe in Joseph Smith. We put only our faith in Jesus Christ. That’s why the name of the Church is The Church of Jesus Christ. What’s the name of your Church? You don’t have the faith to do all things in the name of Jesus Christ starting with the name of your Church.

You believe the Bible is the only word of God. You refuse to let the Lord speak today. The Book of Mormon is simply another testament of Jesus Christ. It has the name of Jesus Christ written 3925 times while the Bible only 925 times. You want a book promo the Lord and faith in Christ, read the Book of Mormon. So, you lied.

We also believe that we are saved from our sins by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Therefore, faith, repentance, baptism for the remission of sins and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost are the first saving principles of the Gospel. So, you lied.

We don’t believe in Joseph Smith. We testify by the Holy Ghost that Joseph Smith was Jesus Christ’s prophet who was given Christ’s authority to restore His Church as it was when he walked the earth. The Doctrine and Covenants is a book of restored doctrines, commandments and instructions for the restoration of Christ’s Church. Most of the prophecies and revelations in this book came when Joseph Smith was translating the Book of Mormon while more came later. We don’t believe in it. We testify that it is true doctrine and wish to have the freedom to follow the Lord’s instructions including the administration of the Priesthood of God. So, you again lied.

Lying about other’s beliefs is from one who lacks faith in Christ.

You are the most ignorant piece of $@&$ ever! You lied at least 5 times. LDS do not believe in Joseph Smith. We put only our faith in Jesus Christ. That’s why the name of the Church is The Church of Jesus Christ. What’s the name of your Church? You don’t have the faith to do all things in the name of Jesus Christ starting with the name of your Church.

You believe the Bible is the only word of God. You refuse to let the Lord speak today. The Book of Mormon is simply another testament of Jesus Christ. It has the name of Jesus Christ written 3925 times while the Bible only 925 times. You want a book promo the Lord and faith in Christ, read the Book of Mormon. So, you lied.

We also believe that we are saved from our sins by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Therefore, faith, repentance, baptism for the remission of sins and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost are the first saving principles of the Gospel. So, you lied.

We don’t believe in Joseph Smith. We testify by the Holy Ghost that Joseph Smith was Jesus Christ’s prophet who was given Christ’s authority to restore His Church as it was when he walked the earth. The Doctrine and Covenants is a book of restored doctrines, commandments and instructions for the restoration of Christ’s Church. Most of the prophecies and revelations in this book came when Joseph Smith was translating the Book of Mormon while more came later. We don’t believe in it. We testify that it is true doctrine and wish to have the freedom to follow the Lord’s instructions including the administration of the Priesthood of God. So, you again lied.

Lying about other’s beliefs is from one who lacks faith in Christ.
If I don't believe Joseph Smith is a prophet of God can I join your church?

Atheists - and apparently Mormons - have been uncomfortable with the idea of a beginning since the work of Friedman which showed that the solutions of Einstein's equation showed that the universe had a beginning.

No, atheists weren't uncomfortable with what you settled the big bang thdssddddde big bang theory.That was your prooof that the universe had a beginning.

And now that the big bang could be rejected for the multiverse theory. you'll have to revise and amend your Catholic beliefs again.

Did the universe have a beginning? You better wait for modern science once again!

Even the cornerstone of religious beliefs, creationk, was accepted far to quickly by your CC.

The CC buys into Darwinian evolution and so if you join them, you will be told you can believe Darwin too if you can somehow reconcile that with the creation myth.

Or stick with creation! The CC doesn't care one way or the other.

You are misusing the word “believe.” I believe in Christ means I have faith in him as my personal Savior. I never say I believe in Joseph Smith. Stop lying. I am clear about this. I testify that I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called by Jesus Christ to restore Jesus Christ Church. I testify of this because the Holy Ghost has born witness of this to me. I pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ. I never pray to Joseph Smith. I never pray to the Father in the name of Joseph Smith.
You must believe in Jesus Christ to be baptized into his The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It helps to have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon as it will solidify your understanding that Joseph Smith was the prophet called of Christ to restore the Gospel to its fulness.
I praise Joseph Smith for taking upon himself the ridicule and eventual martyrdom just as I do Peter, James, John, Paul, Moses, Isaiah and the others that gave their lives to the Lord’s work.

No, atheists weren't uncomfortable with what you settled the big bang thdssddddde big bang theory.That was your prooof that the universe had a beginning.

And now that the big bang could be rejected for the multiverse theory. you'll have to revise and amend your Catholic beliefs again.

Did the universe have a beginning? You better wait for modern science once again!

Even the cornerstone of religious beliefs, creationk, was accepted far to quickly by your CC.
The universe popping into existence, improbably being hardwired to produce intelligence, freaks you out for good reason.

You are misusing the word “believe.” I believe in Christ means I have faith in him as my personal Savior. I never say I believe in Joseph Smith. Stop lying. I am clear about this. I testify that I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called by Jesus Christ to restore Jesus Christ Church. I testify of this because the Holy Ghost has born witness of this to me. I pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ. I never pray to Joseph Smith. I never pray to the Father in the name of Joseph Smith.
You must believe in Jesus Christ to be baptized into his The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It helps to have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon as it will solidify your understanding that Joseph Smith was the prophet called of Christ to restore the Gospel to its fulness.
I praise Joseph Smith for taking upon himself the ridicule and eventual martyrdom just as I do Peter, James, John, Paul, Moses, Isaiah and the others that gave their lives to the Lord’s work.
You didn't answer my question. If I don't believe Joseph Smith is a prophet of God can I be a member of your church? Yes or no.

Forum List

Back