Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

Hebrews 5:6 and 10.
Hebrews 7:1,11,15,17,21
Congratulations for your hoof and mouth disease. :laughing0301:
I know Hebrews mentions it. The problem is it isn't church doctrine. You don't really understand why it's in Hebrews. The Book of Hebrews is showing the Jews that Jesus is the better way. Who is your High Priest?

Last edited:
No they're not.

You and/or your church jumped ahead of science and now you find yourself in a no-mans land. Not unlike the I.D ers who tried to invent their own science.
You don't know what you are talking about. Show me where anyone says the other universes in the multiverse would have been created differently than our universe? There is no one saying that. So they are one in the same with regards to being created from nothing if indeed other universe do exist.

Your hard on for religion is affecting your ability to reason.

I’m not molding anything. Science is simply catching up to God’s Plan of Salvation to bring to past the immortality and eternal life of mankind.
I disagree, I believe you did mold what I said about a probability wave that doesn't exist in a physical state to Joseph Smith's idiotic belief that the universe was created from existing matter. It wasn't.

I know Hebrews mentions it. The problem is it isn't church doctrine. You don't really understand why it's in Hebrews. The Book of Hebrews is showing the Jews that Jesus is the better way. Who is your High Priest?
:laughing0301: The Bible is the Doctrine. Through apostasy, it’s been erased.
The order of the Son of God is the order of the Melchizedek Priesthood. So as not to use the name of the Lord in vain.

:laughing0301: The Bible is the Doctrine. Through apostasy, it’s been erased.
The order of the Son of God is the order of the Melchizedek Priesthood. So as not to use the name of the Lord in vain.
Who is your High Priest?

Who is your High Priest?
The Priesthood was and now again given to man to do the ordinance work of Jesus Christ. This was done for men during the times of the Apostles. And now again today from Joseph Smith conferred to all worthy men. There are different ordinations in the Melchizedek Priesthood; Elder’s, 70’s, High Priests. So, as did Peter, James, John, Paul all act under the direction of Jesus Christ to baptize and give the gift of the Holy Ghost and other ordinances.

The Priesthood was and now again given to man to do the ordinance work of Jesus Christ. This was done for men during the times of the Apostles. And now again today from Joseph Smith conferred to all worthy men. There are different ordinations in the Melchizedek Priesthood; Elder’s, 70’s, High Priests. So, as did Peter, James, John, Paul all act under the direction of Jesus Christ to baptize and give the gift of the Holy Ghost and other ordinances.
Hebrews 4:14-16 says Jesus is our High Priest.

Hebrews 4:14-16 says Jesus is our High Priest.
Yes he is. But he gave authority to Peter, James, John, Paul to baptize, Give the Gift of the Holy Ghost and other ordinances. Wake up! You have no authority to do any of the ordinances of the Gospel.

Yes he is. But he gave authority to Peter, James, John, Paul to baptize, Give the Gift of the Holy Ghost and other ordinances. Wake up! You have no authority to do any of the ordinances of the Gospel.
Yes, I do. People get baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit every day. Your so called church has nothing to do with it. Jesus does.

Yes, I do. People get baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit every day. Your so called church has nothing to do with it. Jesus
“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.”
You have not had the authority conferred upon you to be performing the ordinances of God. I have had the authority of the Priesthood conferred upon my head by one who was conferred to give this to me. The genealogy goes back to Jesus Christ himself. Can you grace your usurped authority back to Jesus Christ conferring the Priesthood authority starting with Peter? Mine does.

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.”
You have not had the authority conferred upon you to be performing the ordinances of God. I have had the authority of the Priesthood conferred upon my head by one who was conferred to give this to me. The genealogy goes back to Jesus Christ himself. Can you grace your usurped authority back to Jesus Christ conferring the Priesthood authority starting with Peter? Mine does.
Jesus filled me with the Holy Spirit as He has millions of others. It's the height of arrogance to declare that only your sect has the authority of Jesus. Unbelievable.

well, you just don't get it.

That's not surprising. You haven't done a fraction of the things I myself have... gone to Mass for years and years... prayed your **** off about this and that... esp the rosary... so of course u don't u/stand what I u/stand
i, i, i. nothing about Jesus. you seem to think their is something you can do to earn salvation? Jesus disagrees.

Jesus filled me with the Holy Spirit as He has millions of others. It's the height of arrogance to declare that only your sect has the authority of Jesus. Unbelievable.
LOL! Revelations and prophecy ended with the book of revelation says every Christian except members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So, you nor anyone else can receive anything from Heaven according to your doctrine. So, you aren’t being honest.

So they are one in the same with regards to being created from nothing
That's a leap of faith even for you Christians. But at least you have thrown out the big fish story and other nursery rhymes like it!
if indeed other universe do exist.
Who told Catholics that they were allowed to believe in a multivers lately. You're already telling science that It's made up of a bunch of big bang universes!
Your hard on for religion is affecting your ability to reason.
That's what religion does to people.

That's a leap of faith even for you Christians. But at least you have thrown out the big fish story and other nursery rhymes like it!

Who told Catholics that they were allowed to believe in a multivers lately. You're already telling science that It's made up of a bunch of big bang universes!

That's what religion does to people.
You understand that science doesn’t exist without imagination and what ifs. You do know that, don’t you? That’s why even thinking that science is settled, any science is settled is simply anti-science. This idea of empirical evidence damns imagination which damns science.

But it's not a leap of at all and if by throwing out passages you mean to say I don't interpret them the way you do, sure. But if you mean to say I discard those passages, no, I don't. I seek to understand the intent of the author. Which can only be accomplished through effort, contemplation, objectivity and intelligence.

Forum List

Back