Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

What I think the story is about isn't important.
Actually it is. I'm questioning your intelligence. The only interpretation you can come up with is the one you are making fun of. That's the extent of your intellectual capacity. You come up with one lame explanation and stop there because you are lazy and dumb.

When one doesn't know what a story is about, there is nothing to discuss.

Since your estimation is way off, there is no need to discuss that, either.
My 90% estimate could be way off but I have only Christians from whom to judge. In fact, there are none who have unequivocally claimed that their bibles are 'not' the literal word of the god (s). Only ding makes it pretty clear that's what he believes. I think that you too believe the same as ding.

It has to remain the unmentionable and so my estimate is likely la bit low on account of no Christian wants to take a chance on saying that their bibles aren't literally true.

However, none but 1 or 2 want to proclaim the bibles are literally true historical accounts either.

Respectfully Meriweather, because you always stay respectful. Those who can't are the ones who are full of doubts.

My 90% estimate could be way off but I have only Christians from whom to judge. In fact, there are none who have unequivocally claimed that their bibles are 'not' the literal word of the god (s). Only ding makes it pretty clear that's what he believes. I think that you too believe the same as ding.

It has to remain the unmentionable and so my estimate is likely la bit low on account of no Christian wants to take a chance on saying that their bibles aren't literally true.

However, none but 1 or 2 want to proclaim the bibles are literally true historical accounts either.

Respectfully Meriweather, because you always stay respectful. Those who can't are the ones who are full of doubts.
You lack integrity and you lack intelligence.

You lack integrity and you lack intelligence.
Those of you that can't stay civil and rational as does Meriweather, lack his level of confidence.
That's the best reason for continuing discussions on religions.

You've said enough already to show that you're an enlightened Catholic who has taken up the CC's offer of being able to believe what you like.

Meriweather is different because he/she is comfortable with his choice to accept the CC's invitation to modernize his/her beliefs. Can you find that peace too?

To the topic:

Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?​

Speaking to the 'believe'. It has to be mentioned that his church has granted the flock the right to modify and qualify their beliefs.

As to the 'baptism', anything from a spoonful to the Pacific ocean can be blessed now.

Those of you that can't stay civil and rational as does Meriweather, lack his level of confidence.
That's the best reason for continuing discussions on religions.

You've said enough already to show that you're an enlightened Catholic who has taken up the CC's offer of being able to believe what you like.

Meriweather is different because he/she is comfortable with his choice to accept the CC's invitation to modernize his/her beliefs. Can you find that peace too?
I am being civil. I'm not the one who has misstated and misquoted you dozens of times after being asked to stop doing it. That's you.

In fact we just discussed it again just yesterday. But you continue to state I said the bible is not to be taken literally when I have said it is a case by case basis. So it is 100% factual to say that you continue to misstate and misquote me because you lack integrity and intelligence.

Yet again another mischaracterization showing your lack of integrity.

I am at peace. You can tell that by the fact that I don't intentionally misquote others to play a game. You are the one who has no peace.

because you lack integrity and intelligence.
I don't accuse you of lacking anything because I understand why you need to be angry.
I think you would rather prefer that the CC had not granted its permission to modify and amend beliefs, so as to be more in sync with modern scientific facts.

I think that we both know that that hasn't worked as well as intended and it seems to have created cracks between the CC in America and the CC in the rest of the world.

Can you take that as a compliment, in that you know that the CC has it right and so do you?

Your feelings about what has been done are yours, and there's no reason for me to criticize. Just to acknowledge and suggest.

I am being civil. I'm not the one who has misstated and misquoted you dozens of times after being asked to stop doing it. That's you.
I didn't accuse you of that. Who did?
In fact we just discussed it again just yesterday. But you continue to state I said the bible is not to be taken literally when I have said it is a case by case basis. So it is 100% factual to say that you continue to misstate and misquote me because you lack integrity and intelligence.

I'm not suggesting that it's not a case by case issue.

I think you would rather prefer that the CC had not granted its permission to modify and amend beliefs, so as to be more in sync with modern scientific facts.
I would prefer you not quote me at all unless you use the quote feature. Because you haven't quoted me correctly yet.

I think that we both know that that hasn't worked as well as intended and it seems to have created cracks between the CC in America and the CC in the rest of the world.
That's what you need to see to play your game. So, no, we both don't know that.

Can you take that as a compliment, in that you know that the CC has it right and so do you?
Thinly veiled insults aren't compliments. Use the quote feature from now on and we won't have to keep doing this.

I'm not angry. I'm frustrated that you can't help yourself. You aren't in control.
You are continuing with the insults.

My response won't be in trying to insult you, it will be to try to encourage your angry behaviour.

Some may come to see the differences between a Christians behaviour and an atheist's.

Some may turn to Meriweather as an example of a Christian's behaviour. You can control that if you choose.

You are continuing with the insults.
How was that an insult? You keep misstating what I say. You've done it more than a dozen times. I've politely asked you to stop. And you keep doing it anyway.

So my saying you can't control yourself was the most polite thing I could say about you not being polite.

Forum List

Back