Why didn't Obama and the Democrats Just Go for Single Payor

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
I mean this is what they desire! This is what Obaminationcare's end game is. Obaminationcare was designed to fail and fail miserably tearing the enter system down with in, while at the same time upping the number of people in medicaid.

Eventually they will float the only solution is single payor!

However, in the meantime Obaminationcare will decimate the economy and gripple the job market.

I am not arguing whether or not single payor is the solution, but if that is what they so strongly desire, then why didn't they just push that plan when they had the house and senate? I mean not a single republican voted for Obamacare anyways, so why didn't they just go for what they wanted?

From what I saw on a PBS Frontline show a great amount of this law was written by two top staffers. Both who came directly from the Health care industry. And the health care industry was not going to allow single payer to happen.

The health care companies have written a law that is heads they win, tails we lose.

Single payer would have been my choice IF we were going to do some type of reform.

Supposedly we Americans are pretty smart, get er done problem solvers.

I think that's an urban myth. We don't solve any problems anymore.

I mean this is what they desire! This is what Obaminationcare's end game is. Obaminationcare was designed to fail and fail miserably tearing the enter system down with in, while at the same time upping the number of people in medicaid.

However, in the meantime Obaminationcare will decimate the economy and gripple the job market.

I am not arguing whether or not single payor is the solution, but if that is what they so strongly desire, then why didn't they just push that plan when they had the house and senate? I mean not a single republican voted for Obamacare anyways, so why didn't they just go for what they wanted?

Of course you arent. If you did you would have to stick by it. Its easier to shit on everyone else when you dont have a position

The Democrats didn't have the balls politically to do what they always dreamed of doing.

Because, at least when it comes the Democrats in Congress and the White House, it's not what they really wanted.

From what I saw on a PBS Frontline show a great amount of this law was written by two top staffers. Both who came directly from the Health care industry. And the health care industry was not going to allow single payer to happen.

The health care companies have written a law that is heads they win, tails we lose.

Yep. Google Liz Fowler. ACA is the insurance industry circling the wagons against single payer.

They didn't have the votes for it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Most dems won't even say publicly that they are for a single payer system. They know Americans reject the idea.

Yep. Google Liz Fowler. ACA is the insurance industry circling the wagons against single payer.

Exactly. And that answers the OP's question. The law was written in committee with a great deal of input from the insurance industry and only Bernie Sanders would come out and say what a mess this law was and how we needed single payer.

What's to argue. Dems outside of the leadership and the committee had it (ACA) shoved down their throat just like Repubs did. The only thing is the Dems didn't gag.

This is just big corporations imposing their will on our Congress. It represents what capitalism looks like today.

I thought Repubs were all for capitalism?

The Democrats didn't have the balls politically to do what they always dreamed of doing.

Not really.

Not all Democrats wanted to go that way.

Not really.

Not all Democrats wanted to go that way.

Yeah, some of them are more than willing to mix government and big business.

Money from insurance companies, economic fallout of shift, political difficulty, and political history.

Single payer would have been my choice IF we were going to do some type of reform.

In fact too often we elect those who manufacture them.

Most people have no idea how to fix healthcare. Taking a poll is a really silly way to try and fix such a complex problem. The US is much better off trying to learn from the many different system worldwide and finding a way to slowly move the US to a different system.

In fact too often we elect those who manufacture them.

Good topic for a thread. Why do we elect people to create problems?

You happen to see a PBS show on the year 1964? In that show, they trace the current brand of Republicanism right back to Barry Goldwater. The idea that they (Repubs) doesn't care if they get elected as long as they are standing on principle and never compromise.

Barry, the guy that wouldn't sign the civil rights bill. Couldn't get elected either.

Doesn't that sound familiar?

Forum List

Back