Why didn't Trump get Paul Whelan out of Russia?

Trump didn't get him out in 2018, after his imprisonment in Russia.
Trump didn't get him out in 2019.
Trump didn't get him out in 2020.

Why not?

Trump: "I like Putin. I think he likes me." Ok. I definitely believe you, Donald. Why didn't you use that mutual admiration to get a U.S. Marine out of a Russian prison?

Russian spy/Republican operative Maria Butina was sent home from Tallahassee's Federal Detention Center into Vladimir's loving arms to become a member of the Politburo and to be feted as a great patriot of Mother Russia, for hoodwinking the entire Republican Party.

What did Donald Trump get for releasing Maria Butina? Nothing. Why didn't he trade her for Paul Whelan?
Had Trump won a second term Waylan would be home today and the war in Ukraine would not be under way and 13 Marines and thousands of innocent Afghans would be alive today....

I see a lot of panicked deflection from the Trumptards but no answer to the OP question.

"Wasn't on his radar"?!?!?
4i6Ckte.gif
Like you. Butina is ecstatic over the Griner trade.

'“The fact that Russia pushed through the exchange of Bout, whom America fundamentally did not want to give away for many years, right now means that, like in The Godfather, we ‘made them an offer that cannot be refused,'” Butina opined on the Telegram messaging app Thursday."

Why not?

Trump: "I like Putin. I think he likes me." Ok. I definitely believe you, Donald. Why didn't you use that mutual admiration to get a U.S. Marine out of a Russian prison?

Russian spy/Republican operative Maria Butina was sent home from Tallahassee's Federal Detention Center into Vladimir's loving arms to become a member of the Politburo and to be feted as a great patriot of Mother Russia, for hoodwinking the entire Republican Party.

What did Donald Trump get for releasing Maria Butina? Nothing. Why didn't he trade her for Paul Whelan?

Likely because the last admin made the decision that they werent going to release an international arms dealer back into the wild. That the damage Bout could do outweighed the good getting a US citizen out of jail in a foreign country would do. That's a reasonable analysis of the situation. I also dont doubt that the last admin weighed the political screaming and gnashing of teeth that would have happened had Trump made that trade. I have no doubt you would have been screaming about how Trump gave up an arms dealer to his buddy Putin. Please dont embarrass yourself by saying you wouldn't have.

The current administration made a different decision. Which is also reasonable. It is of note that that decision wasn't made until the political and social pressure mounted when a black woman who is a member of the alphabet mafia was arrested. Whalen and Fogel were both in jail while Biden was in office, and no one was calling to trade Bout for them. You have to assume that the offer of Bout for Whalen was still on the table from when Biden took office until after Griner was arrested.

Why not?

Because, unlike your traitor, Trump wasn't willing to let a war criminal go.

Why not?

Because he’s not Putin’s stooge. He was unwilling to trade Putin’s thugs.

Your guy does though. He gave Putin the green light to invade Ukraine, and now freed his number one black market arms dealer. Putin loves Biden.

Because he’s not Putin’s stooge. He was unwilling to trade Putin’s thugs.

Your guy does though. He gave Putin the green light to invade Ukraine, and now freed his number one black market arms dealer. Putin loves Biden.

And so does synthy. Pootin is synthy's secret love. Though not so secret anymore.

So only some Americans deserve the full protection of the nation. I guess the Constitution doesn’t mean shit to you.

And you call others scum.
don't pull your fucked up thinking w/ me, dick-lick
if anybody hates the constitution, its assholes like you, SCUM demonRATS---and then try to twist it so you can convince your fucked up head
btw---a stupid, AMERICA hater TWAT should have stayed locked up for BREAKING THE LAW BY CHOICE----to trade this useless piece of shit for a global weapons dealer is sick, just like you and the rest of you SCUM demonRATS

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN

The arms dealer spent 15 years in prison here. That's not nothing. That's a long time.

And remember: if he was sentenced when Trump was POTUS he would have probably only been sentenced to 15 years, and Trump would have pardoned him.
The arms dealer spent 15 years in prison here. That's not nothing. That's a long time.

And remember: if he was sentenced when Trump was POTUS he would have probably only been sentenced to 15 years, and Trump would have pardoned him.
The arms dealer spent 15 years in prison here.
for the second most wanted person in the world, after binLaden?

Not really.
There may be a deal to transfer him to another county he is wanted in, when his time is up.

It makes perfect sense. You want your spy? Give us our U.S. Marine.

Why didn't Trump fight for Americans?
thats right shit stain, why did xiden trade a global weapons dealer for a useless he/she/it, AMERICA hating twat....
TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP---this is your sack of shit that made that decision---SCUM like you live in the past, because you haven't got shit---

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN

Trump didn't want to give up the terrorist. It was too dangerous.

I am one that appreciates someone experiencing the consequences of their actions. It would be quite amusing to see Blount giving Fuckwad Biden a major thump on his pee pee with a Blount organized attack. Well deserved too.

don't pull your fucked up thinking w/ me, dick-lick
if anybody hates the constitution, its assholes like you, SCUM demonRATS---and then try to twist it so you can convince your fucked up head
btw---a stupid, AMERICA hater TWAT should have stayed locked up for BREAKING THE LAW BY CHOICE----to trade this useless piece of shit for a global weapons dealer is sick, just like you and the rest of you SCUM demonRATS

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN

You are welcome. Enjoy your First Amendment rights. Rights purchased in blood of me and my fellow Veterans.

You are welcome. And God Bless the First Amendment.

thats right shit stain, why did xiden trade a global weapons dealer for a useless he/she/it, AMERICA hating twat....
TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP---this is your sack of shit that made that decision---SCUM like you live in the past, because you haven't got shit---

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN
TRUMP SUCKED! HE LEFT A U.S. MARINE IN A RUSSIAN PRISON!

Forum List

Back