Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?

Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?

Because it is.

At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.

By all means, go right ahead and do with your money what you will, but don't tell me what to do with mine.

Also. I don‘t understand the objection towards a progressive taxation system

It punishes success and achievement.

If you don't use or benefit from tax based programs and services you shouldn't have to pay taxes. But I doubt anyone qualifies.

As far as progressive taxes; I made more money last year than the average worker makes in his/her lifetime, yet I paid less percentage of my total income in federal tax than you. And there lies the fallacy.

Well, then you're no one percenter. One percenters earned 20% of income and paid 40% of all taxes

Yeah, after they failed to save the American industry what led to job losses.

Corporate greed and irresponsibility led to job losses.

Your greed and irresponsibility led to job losses. And again, you prove you know nothing about business or economics. When people pay less for the same thing, that is what creates wealth. That you claim incredible wages then show you know zero about how to create wealth shows what a joke you are

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
I believe tax expenditures are the real robbery. $1.2 trillion a year being stolen from the pockets of the middle class.

Because, it may give the perception of paying people to imitate Vandals through asset forfeiture laws, to destroy or seize private property for a public policy objecive, but without consideration of eminent domain through that form of public use of the Peoples' monies.

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.

To many of you are young and stupid because you see America as the problem not the ignorant progressive policies. It isn't that we have fought wars or defense is funded because that is what the government is supposed to do it isn't suppose to feed the poor or house them.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Unfunded liabilities are what are killing us and we can that teddy Wilson and fdr for most of it

Yeah, after they failed to save the American industry what led to job losses.

Corporate greed and irresponsibility led to job losses.

Your greed and irresponsibility led to job losses. And again, you prove you know nothing about business or economics. When people pay less for the same thing, that is what creates wealth. That you claim incredible wages then show you know zero about how to create wealth shows what a joke you are
We gain wealth, okay. But the quality of production fell down and that's a fact. Plus thousands of job losses in the rust belt resulted by transportation manufacturing facilities to China.

To many of you are young and stupid because you see America as the problem not the ignorant progressive policies. It isn't that we have fought wars or defense is funded because that is what the government is supposed to do it isn't suppose to feed the poor or house them.

Yes, it is; it is called promoting the general welfare.

it is our wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror that are the problem.

YES LOON; fighting drugs/crime, poverty and terror are our problems.

you say say the dumbest shit

YES LOON; fighting drugs/crime, poverty and terror are our problems.

you say say the dumbest shit
why only complain about social spending on the least wealthy, Person on the Right? social spending is social spending. don't you believe in Individual Liberty?

For a couple of reasons, the first being they've been told "it's your money" and forget the benefits of government since Reagan preached hate for government workers in his oft quoted remark, "i'm from the government and i'm here to help".

Notwithstanding Reagan's words, avarice (greed) is not a virtue, it remains a deadly sin!

Second, the power elite want to offer lesser services which we receive now to the private sector for a price to us and a profit for them with no guarantees.

The same elite feel government regulations protecting our health and safety are 1) a power not vested to government and thus a violation of the COTUS, and 2) the BIG LIE that government workers are a drain on the economy.

To use a simple analogy...if you had a bucket that had gaping holes in it...how long would you pour water into that bucket trying to keep it filled before you got wise and fixed the leaks?

As for "progressive taxation"? My biggest problem with it is that if people don't have skin in the game...then they have no incentive to make their representatives spend those taxes in a responsible way. It's not my money...so who cares if it's being wasted! That's the mindset you get when large portions of the population don't have to pay taxes.

I guess we in this country aren't all programmed to be good little subjects for their Masters in Government. where you work your ass off so they allow you to keep a few dollars for yourself and your family

To use a simple analogy...if you had a bucket that had gaping holes in it...how long would you pour water into that bucket trying to keep it filled before you got wise and fixed the leaks?

As for "progressive taxation"? My biggest problem with it is that if people don't have skin in the game...then they have no incentive to make their representatives spend those taxes in a responsible way. It's not my money...so who cares if it's being wasted! That's the mindset you get when large portions of the population don't have to pay taxes.

Let's tax the poor, is that your gripe? The working poor are subjected to a constant barrage of attacks for working hard and falling further behind; now the callous conservative set wants them to pay taxes, presumably because the well to do carry to much of the burden.

The middle class have skin in the game, and have zero ability to influence the Congress, only the special interests, power elite, corporation and industry have their ear because they fill their pocket books.

Do they use our roads?
Do they use our police?
Do they enjoy the rights they have gained to work and get paid well?
Do they like eating clean food and drinking clean water?

Then no, it is not robbing anything from them as they're enjoying the benefits of paying it.
You obviously don't make enough money to realize how much the government takes from some people.

A single dollar of a person's income is taxed over and over again via income tax, social security tax, property tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, state and federally.

Then when you die they take 40% of your lifetime earnings from you.

It's bullshit.

For a couple of reasons, the first being they've been told "it's your money" and forget the benefits of government since Reagan preached hate for government workers in his oft quoted remark, "i'm from the government and i'm here to help".

Notwithstanding Reagan's words, avarice (greed) is not a virtue, it remains a deadly sin!

Second, the power elite want to offer lesser services which we receive now to the private sector for a price to us and a profit for them with no guarantees.

The same elite feel government regulations protecting our health and safety are 1) a power not vested to government and thus a violation of the COTUS, and 2) the BIG LIE that government workers are a drain on the economy.

avarice (greed) is not a virtue, it remains a deadly sin!

Then politicians and left wingers are the biggest sinners in the country….

Do they use our roads?
Do they use our police?
Do they enjoy the rights they have gained to work and get paid well?
Do they like eating clean food and drinking clean water?

Then no, it is not robbing anything from them as they're enjoying the benefits of paying it.
You obviously don't make enough money to realize how much the government takes from some people.

A single dollar of a person's income is taxed over and over again via income tax, social security tax, property tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, state and federally.

Then when you die they take 40% of your lifetime earnings from you.

It's bullshit.

Factually you're wrong.

Not every dollar is subject to the income tax;

The very wealthy are not charged for every dollar earned by the SS tax;

Renter's do not pay the property tax, and property taxes are a deduction enjoyed by home owners and the owners of large apt houses;

Sales tax impacts the lower income earner greater than the higher income earner;

Gasoline taxes are not paid by those who don't drive;

Where did you get the 40% figure?

avarice (greed) is not a virtue, it remains a deadly sin!

Then politicians and left wingers are the biggest sinners in the country….

Most people have gray matter between their ears, you must have dark matter between yours. Have you ever considered leaving your head to NASA?

Forum List

Back