Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?

Thank you for Proving my point, Kaz. Nothing but babble from alleged hard workers on the Babylon project.

Thanks! I've been learning Canadian. Most people think it just sounds like gibberish. But if you actually study the language as I have been doing, you actually know they are right
Yes, I always know when the Right is in the wrong. They only believe they are in the Right because they are on the Right. It really is that simple; except to the Right

The sparrow grows tuna in the night, are you a sentinel boll weevil?
Where o' where have all the hard working Persons of morals who don't mind acquiring and possessing a clue and a Cause gone in modern times.

Aqualung and green cheese are ruby in the night, or is it green tea?
If Only, we could find hard working Persons of morals with a clue and a Cause; on the Right.

Thanks! I've been learning Canadian. Most people think it just sounds like gibberish. But if you actually study the language as I have been doing, you actually know they are right
Yes, I always know when the Right is in the wrong. They only believe they are in the Right because they are on the Right. It really is that simple; except to the Right

The sparrow grows tuna in the night, are you a sentinel boll weevil?
Where o' where have all the hard working Persons of morals who don't mind acquiring and possessing a clue and a Cause gone in modern times.

Aqualung and green cheese are ruby in the night, or is it green tea?
If Only, we could find hard working Persons of morals with a clue and a Cause; on the Right.

If I were you and that is what I was after, I would look for that in people who are on the right

Usually you liberals just kill 'em before they make it out of the womb.
The Right likes to let them "work or die" after they are born. See the irony.
No, the right expects you to be responsible and either support them yourself or use birth control. It's free, you know.
You do know that food stamps are more common in red areas right?
The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients Pew Research Center
Pew Research refutes your lie.
This poll refers to who is receiving the food stamps. It doesn't change the fact that food stamp participation is more common in areas controlled by republicans.
Again, you are wrong.

Again, you are wrong.

When the House voted in September to cut $40 billion from the federal food-stamp program over 10 years, all but 15 Republicans supported the measure while not a single Democrat did so.

But according to a TIME analysis of county-by-county food-stamp-enrollment data compiled by the nonprofit Feeding America, it appears that House Republicans represent more districts with high levels of participation in the program than House Democrats. Of the 350 congressional districts in which TIME was able to estimate the percentage of people enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), 76 had levels of 20% or higher. Of those, 43 are held by Republicans while 33 are controlled by Democrats.

Map of Food-Stamp Enrollment by County Interactive TIME.com

Holy smokes, just listening to the news. Places like La and Seattle who raised the mim. wage to 15 buck an hour. Now the people are asking to work LESS hours so they don't LOSE THEIR WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS, ETC

we are Freaking doomed as a country. when they made living off the backs of others and feeling no SHAME about it.

man oh man. and then they wonder WHY we don't want to pay ANYMORE taxes to this government to give out to these blood sucking the life out of us and OUR FAMILES ...... disgusting

Do they use our roads?
Do they use our police?
Do they enjoy the rights they have gained to work and get paid well?
Do they like eating clean food and drinking clean water?

Then no, it is not robbing anything from them as they're enjoying the benefits of paying it.

The issue is the waste of tax revenue. BTW, police are paid by local taxes, not federal.

Just one example, Iran will be GIVEN billions in exchange for signing a deal that is terrible for the USA and the world-------------
Why?

Because they are either idiots that don't understand that roads and fire departments are a good thing, or creeps that don't want to pay their fair share.

most roads and all fire departments are funded by local and state taxes, not federal.

on the fair share statement, do welfare recipients pay their fair share?

Because they are either idiots that don't understand that roads and fire departments are a good thing, or creeps that don't want to pay their fair share.

most roads and all fire departments are funded by local and state taxes, not federal.

I thought I heard something.........did someone fart?

yeah, it came from your mouth.

The issue is the waste of tax revenue. BTW, police are paid by local taxes, not federal.

Just one example, Iran will be GIVEN billions in exchange for signing a deal that is terrible for the USA and the world-------------
Why?

Completely untrue. Google

How many billions?

I swear I keep hearing someone fart.

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
Also. I don‘t understand the objection towards a progressive taxation system

Income redistribution. Who's money is it? The one who earned it or the government?

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
Also. I don‘t understand the objection towards a progressive taxation system

Income redistribution. Who's money is it? The one who earned it or the government?

nothing you have is yours, it all belongs to your wonderful loving king. HE will decide how much you "need".

I swear I keep hearing someone fart.

then close your mouth.

From the link:

Administration officials estimate that Iran needs more than a half-trillion dollars to meet domestic investment requirements: $170 billion to develop oil and gas potential; $100 billion for agricultural projects; $100 billion for infrastructure; $50 billion to increase energy capacity; and $100 billion to pay for unfunded state and military pensions, government debts, and funding shortfalls.

Even with the release of $150B, they're still upside down.

Forum List

Back