Why do americans hate government spending?

Why would anyone love government spending is a better question?
You like driving on roads, don't you? You like to breath clean air and drink clean water, don't you? You like a strong military protecting us, don't you? Whats not to love about government spending? Conservatives love maintaining a global military empire. Liberals love spending money on poor people. Everybody loves government spending.
Problem is our roads are in terrible condition, the air is dirty and the water...well ask the people of Flint about water.

IMO we need to cut the defense budget by at least 50% and bring all US government personnel home. No need for empire. Imagine how safe the world would be if the US would mind it's own business.

Government sucks...it always sucks. Why? Because it is run by a bunch of criminals.

Leaving people more of their own money to spend does the same thing only more so because a chunk of that money isn't eaten up by government and all of it goes where the people want it to go

Without infrastructure there is no economy.

Without public safety / police / justice system there is no society.

Without school there is no tomorrow.

Without regulations businesses don't self-regulate.

except for schooling, the items you list account for less then 5% of government spending. The private sector can provide schooling. So what's your justification for the other 95%?

Wrong - military falls under public safety, the U.S. military is used mostly to protect American corporate business interest abroad.

Fuck Jesus, your fail is so epic. LOLOLOLOL

Can you ever remember a bigger fail on your part?

But you did unintentionally succeed in pointing out that we are killing our own economy by not spending more on infrastructure.

The most idiotic aspect of the GOP/far-right platform is abortion or the closing of clinics and limiting access to abortions.

An abortion cost nothing when compared to a lifetime of public assistance / juvenile detention / adult incarceration.

How much does an unwanted poor child cost society (over his/her lifetime) compared to one 15 minute medical procedure?
Yeah the life of the unborn means nothing...it is all dollars and cents...right?

I seriously want to understand this. Any ideas?

They don't. Even the so-called small government conservatives love it if government is spending to their advantage.

No they don't, douche bag. You make the mistake of believing everyone thinks like you.
Uh, yes they do. Have you heard of pet projects? Social security?

What makes you think the greedy geezers are small government conservatives? All the ones I've met are loyal Democrats.

I don't have any "pet projects" myself, and I don't know any small government conservatives who do either.

Leaving people more of their own money to spend does the same thing only more so because a chunk of that money isn't eaten up by government and all of it goes where the people want it to go

Here we go again

Where did I ever say there should be no government spending at all?

Believe me there are billions of dollars that can be cut with no effect on any of those things you listed

You like driving on roads, don't you? You like to breath clean air and drink clean water, don't you? You like a strong military protecting us, don't you? Whats not to love about government spending? Conservatives love maintaining a global military empire. Liberals love spending money on poor people. Everybody loves government spending.
Problem is our roads are in terrible condition, the air is dirty and the water...well ask the people of Flint about water.

IMO we need to cut the defense budget by at least 50% and bring all US government personnel home. No need for empire. Imagine how safe the world would be if the US would mind it's own business.

Government sucks...it always sucks. Why? Because it is run by a bunch of criminals.
We collect over 100 billion a year in taxes that are supposed to be earmarked for roads

The only reason our roads suck is the malfeasance of politicians

Helps the private sector acquire net financial assets, reduce the reliance on bank credit, increases aggregate demand.

Perhaps wise gov't spending does that. But the phenomenal waste is my objection.

As for reducing reliance on bank credit, why should my hard earned income be taken, by force, to help a business increase its profits?

Of course this is a straw man. Libertarians advocate liberty, not zero government. But it's also worth noting that none of these statements is actually true.

Forum List

Back