Why do Christians Strongly Disagree with Science and Distrust Scientists

What do you think dell? Is genocide a good message? What about making a virgin girl marry her rapist and telling slaves to accept their place? What about the passages stating that a woman should remain silent? Are these good messages in your opinion? I would contend that they are horrible messages

i think they're all excellent ideas, especially genocide..

Good to know. What race/religion are you? I want to know whom to launch the next genocide against so I know we won't have to worry about you resisting. Also, if you have a daughter whose unwed and a virgin, let me know so i can 'take' her as my wife, k?

it's good to meet a real christian for a change :clap2:

What do you think dell? Is genocide a good message? What about making a virgin girl marry her rapist and telling slaves to accept their place? What about the passages stating that a woman should remain silent? Are these good messages in your opinion? I would contend that they are horrible messages

i think they're all excellent ideas, especially genocide..

Good to know. What race/religion are you? I want to know whom to launch the next genocide against so I know we won't have to worry about you resisting. Also, if you have a daughter whose unwed and a virgin, let me know so i can 'take' her as my wife, k?

it's good to meet a real christian for a change :clap2:

i'm a black mormon bishop, just like you.

BTW, leave family outside the forum, please.

The family thing was simply to prove my point. You're the first I've ever seen make a polite request on a forum. Despite your clearly playing devils advocate, that speaks to your character

So.... Since the KKK considered themselves to be christians ridding the countryside of those in the landso that they as people of God could prosper- just as the israelites conquered the lands of canaan, killing man woman and child- is that fine? Do you support the elimination of all blacks and mormons for being other and for believing in a 'false religion'?

if the Klan were to burn your house down and kill everyone you know, you would support their actions and run into their midst to be slain?

Noone with any comprehension of evolution ever said we evolved from chimps

You, moron......are you as stupid in real life as you are here? If so, please forget your helmet and don't look both ways when crossing the street........

DARWIN HIMSELF is the one that postulated we evolved from apes ya fucking idiot. Read a book once in a while rather than gorging yourself on crap like American Idol and Dancing With the Stars. You'll live longer.

As far as evolution being "unprovable"? Might wanna re-think that as well. Not only have we evolved as a species (living longer, better technology), but damn near everything around us is evolving as well. New species are being discovered all the time, and it is possible to back track their evolution, as well as (in some cases), be able to determine why they evolved that way.

Did you know giraffes used to have horns? They had to evolve it down to tufts of hair, otherwise the species would have died out. Watch 'em fight sometime.

And.......our technology has evolved as well.......it's a long way from UNIVAC to your cell phone or laptop.

And......if your belief system says that if it has electricity in it, it's alive.......well......look out for the internet.

The family thing was simply to prove my point. You're the first I've ever seen make a polite request on a forum. Despite your clearly playing devils advocate, that speaks to your character

So.... Since the KKK considered themselves to be christians ridding the countryside of those in the landso that they as people of God could prosper- just as the israelites conquered the lands of canaan, killing man woman and child- is that fine? Do you support the elimination of all blacks and mormons for being other and for believing in a 'false religion'?

if the Klan were to burn your house down and kill everyone you know, you would support their actions and run into their midst to be slain?

without hesitation. the lord provides.

Hey asshole........are you one of them white supremacist fucks like some that have pushed their pointy little heads up through the muck?

Most of your posts that I've seen thus far have been weapons grade bullshit.

wtf is dancing with the stars?

Darwin was the first to popularize the idea, but his thought is not authoritative. people who cite darwin as an end-all be-all are usually fools who know nothing of what has been learned since his time

And......if your belief system says that if it has electricity in it, it's alive

Where the fuck did you come up with that shit?!

You don't study much more than just white toast Christian bullshit, don't ya?

Dancing with the stars is what you wish you were on ya freaking pussy.

I don't think the Bible has to be literally correct to have a good message. I know there are "errors" which are in conflict with science. It doesn't bother me. If the people that wrote the Bible had known what we knew now they might have written it different, but they didn't they were doing the best they could with what they had. None of which changes the central message of loving each other.

Wait.. what happened to the literal word of an infallible god?

Nothing has happened to it, its man's that has the problem.

wtf is dancing with the stars?

You don't want to know. Trust me.

Darwin was the first to popularize the idea, but his thought is not authoritative. people who cite darwin as an end-all be-all are usually fools who know nothing of what has been learned since his time

Its easier just to say "Darwin" so that those who are ignorant of the theories of evolution can better understand to what you're referring.

Why do Christians Strongly Disagree with Science and Distrust Scientists?

Because scientists can disprove pretty much everything in the bible.

Why do Christians Strongly Disagree with Science and Distrust Scientists?

Because scientists can disprove pretty much everything in the bible.

oh, homo. do you mind if i call you homo for short?

i don't know how we've gotten along without an incisive intellect like yours.

kudos.

Beuk, you'll have to translate that into english for me

Claims such as the earth was created before the sun, as recorded in genesis, can be shown false by science.

Claims regarding when Jesus was born cannot be addressed by science- the scientific method can't repeat history to see it someone is born again and again and did exist. Science can provide evidence to support the existence of a person, but cannot prove scientifically that Jesus, Abraham Lincoln, or you great-grandpop existed.

Claims that a deity loves you cannot be refuted by science.

Jesus' birthdate can be defeated with reason- history records the dates of the census in Judah and the time when Herod reigned and ordered the massacre of Jewish children. Once cannot have escaped herod then gone back in time for the census, so we know someone is lying.

Science cannot disprove the existence of the jewish/christian/islmaic deity, but can establish facts that refute the biblical claims, proving the text fallible and, in turn, logic dictates that the claims made on the grounds of that infallibility no longer have any authority

The biblical traditions can easily be dismantled, but not by science alone, for science cannot address the ideological or philosophical directly

You got the whole thing backwards. Saying it can't be disproven therefore it exists is ridiculous. So if you can't disprove that god is a homo and he's going to fuck you in the ass for all eternity, then it must be true? Boy, you sure have a tenuous grip on reality.

Forum List

Back