Why Do Conservatives Have Amnesia When It Comes To Bush?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
I am old enough to remember how message boards just like this were during the Bush years. The same way republicans worship Trump now -- they were worshipping Bush then -- even praying to cardboard cut-outs of Bush.

I remember if you dared to disagree with the Iraq War, these Bush lovers would call you a terrorists and say you are guilty of treason. Where did all of these Bush worshippers go??

On forums like these, you can't find not one zealous Bush supporter -- did they all quit the internet? were they abducted by Aliens? what happened to them??

My guess is, they all caught amnesia -- put on funny little hats and claimed they are the Tea-Party now -- or the ever popular "I'm an independent!!" or fiscal conservative, or some other made up term to distance themselves from the disaster of the Bush presidency -- some even migrated over to the birther movement -- and just like that, voilà!! -- the transformation was complete -- they are magically Trump supporters now.

And lets be honest, having a memory is and will always be kryptonite to most conservatives.

Who?

Do you mean the guy who was in office before that Obamy fellow fucked up Iraq and the entire Middle East? Well that is after the same guy, named Hussein btw, fucked up the economy in his massive effort to destroy America?

The guy before the secret Muslim?

That Guy?

Never heard of him

I am old enough to remember how message boards just like this were during the Bush years. The same way republicans worship Trump now -- they were worshipping Bush then -- even praying to cardboard cut-outs of Bush.

I remember if you dared to disagree with the Iraq War, these Bush lovers would call you a terrorists and say you are guilty of treason. Where did all of these Bush worshippers go??

On forums like these, you can't find not one zealous Bush supporter -- did they all quit the internet? were they abducted by Aliens? what happened to them??

My guess is, they all caught amnesia -- put on funny little hats and claimed they are the Tea-Party now -- or the ever popular "I'm an independent!!" or fiscal conservative, or some other made up term to distance themselves from the disaster of the Bush presidency -- some even migrated over to the birther movement -- and just like that, voilà!! -- the transformation was complete -- they are magically Trump supporters now.

And lets be honest, having a memory is and will always be kryptonite to most conservatives.
What happened to all of the Obama supporters that said questioning the President was wrong. There was three things they said we were:

• Stupid
  • unpatriotic
  • and something else

OH, right.......RACIST

This troll.... I still think Iraq was good, so I disageree with Trump.......but hey if you like dictaors with rape rooms, gassing his own people (and Obamas non response to Assad, tells me you do), harboring terrorists and ignores 17 UN Resolutions from a previous war where he invaded another country.....then go for it, defend him.

/----/ "they were worshipping Bush then -- even praying to cardboard cut-outs of Bush." I stopped reading at your first absurd, ridiculous falsehood.
strawman-full.jpg

Here is a tip. Don't assume that a few excitable GOP posters on a message board represent the beliefs of all GOP supporters. The same rule applies to excitable DEM posters.

What happened to all of the Obama supporters that said questioning the President was wrong. There was three things they said we were:

• Stupid
  • unpatriotic
  • and something else

OH, right.......RACIST

Still dodging the fact that you Trump sycophants use to be Bush sycophants before history made it impossible for you to be both.

Seriously? The Conservative reaction to Bush towards the end -- CAUSED the creation of the Tea Party. Don't think you know the diff between being a Conservative and a Republican. Or the diff between being a Liberal and a Democrat for that matter..

BTW -- Welcome to USMB.. LOL...

Here is a tip. Don't assume that a few excitable GOP posters on a message board represent the beliefs of all GOP supporters. The same rule applies to excitable DEM posters.
Its always convenient to sum it up as a few excitable GOP posters after the cement has dried -- sorry, I lived thru the Bush years -- there is a reason why Trump ran against Bush like he did -- and it damn sure wasn't because Bush was a success

Seriously? The Conservative reaction to Bush towards the end -- CAUSED the creation of the Tea Party. Don't think you know the diff between being a Conservative and a Republican. Or the diff between being a Liberal and a Democrat for that matter..

Yea, you keep telling yourself that. The Tea Party was more energized by opposition Obama than opposition to Bush -- which is why it was easy for the Koch Brothers to co-opt it and make it the mockery that it continues to be today.

Notice, they didn't have all of the rallies until AFTER bush left office, not while he was in office. Like I said, memory is kryptonite to most conservatives.

I was being kind by making this about Bush -- I could made this about "Sarah Palin" -- and we ALL KNOW how conservatives loved her -- until.......

:puhleeze: ... Good luck with that.

Our new friend is talking about people kneeling and worshiping cardboard cutouts of political figures.
However direct your counterargument may be ...
Biff seems to be experiencing more drastic problems regarding the true nature of most people's political desires.

Oh ... And Biff ... Welcome aboard, put the toilet seat down when you are done please, and try not to pee on your shoes ... :bye1:

Last edited:

Yea, you keep telling yourself that. The Tea Party was more energized by opposition Obama than opposition to Bush -- which is why it was easy for the Koch Brothers to co-opt it and make it the mockery that it continues to be today.

Notice, they didn't have all of the rallies until AFTER bush left office, not while he was in office. Like I said, memory is kryptonite to most conservatives.

I was being kind by making this about Bush -- I could made this about "Sarah Palin" -- and we ALL KNOW how conservatives loved her -- until.......

BZZZZZZT.. Tea party movement STARTED circa 2007. It was reaction to Bush's "market interventions" during the 2007/8 economic woes and his inability to get much Conservative issues addressed. ESPECIALLY the budget deficits that Bush was running.

Koch Bros are largely Libertarian. They are not Conservative ideaologues. Don't LOVE the RNC. You've got a lot to learn. You need links on the GENESIS of the Tea Party movement?

Even Limbaugh was dissing Bush policies about 2006..

Why do Noob Trolls persistently join message boards just to spew their bigoted and stereotyped opinions about vast portions of the population whom they have never met and of whom they have ZERO knowledge?

Who?

Do you mean the guy who was in office before that Obamy fellow fucked up Iraq and the entire Middle East? Well that is after the same guy, named Hussein btw, fucked up the economy in his massive effort to destroy America?

The guy before the secret Muslim?

That Guy?

Never heard of him
Didn't Hillary say that refusing to accept the election results was a threat to our country

If only Bush had been a black when 10 of our overseas missions were attacked, and dozens of Americans killed, on his watch.

If only Bush had been black when he persecuted journalists.

If only Bush had been black when he began spying on millions of American citizens.

If only Bush had been black when he began locking up US citizens and suspending habeas corpus.

If only Bush had been black when he waterboarded detainees.

If only Bush had been black when he smuggled guns into Mexico and lost them.

If only Bush has been black when he doubled the federal debt and said "deficits don't matter".

Then, maybe, pseudocons would have cared many years sooner.

Why do Noob Trolls persistently join message boards just to spew their bigoted and stereotyped opinions about vast portions of the population whom they have never met and of whom they have ZERO knowledge?
I bet you never used the term "leftists" -- right before you went on to blurt out "stereotyped opinions about vast portions of the population whom they have never met and of whom they have ZERO knowledge" -- adorable.

Now, back in real life -- my question still remains the same -- what's with all the Bush amnesia? John Bolton is happy you have it, don't get me wrong, but still..

• Stupid
  • unpatriotic
  • and something else

OH, right.......RACIST

Still dodging the fact that you Trump sycophants use to be Bush sycophants before history made it impossible for you to be both.

Wrong, stop making shit up lib. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back