Why do democrats claim spending is down? ITS NOT

It just went up at a slower rate.

How the fuck do you lefties twist that into spending going down?

In order for spending to go DOWN it would have to dip below the baseline.

Stop being such disenguinus hacks

It's kind of like when FICA returned to its normal rate and righties claimed that Obama raised taxes.

If spending has been projected to got up by X and instead in goes up X-Y, that is a downturn. If you don't understand basic math, perhaps you shouldn't be commenting.

a reduction in the rate of growth in spending is not a CUT in spending.

reduction in the rate of growth---I spent 100 last year and planned to spend 110 this year but only spent 108. going from 100 to 108 is not a cut. now do you get it?

We need to spend it on certain area's. Those are Infrastructure, science and technology...If not then we will become a third world country.

where does the money come from that you want to spend? tell us where it comes from.

Our economy will grow smaller and we will become a third world shit hole. There's good taxes and there's bad taxes.

Bad taxes are taxes that are spent 1. on shit(Iraq, free shit, pork) or 2. on idiotic policies. Good taxes expand the economy and our nations ability to compete.

since you can't answer the question I will do it for you. the govt has 3 sources of money to spend 1. taxes 2 borrow it 3 print it.

Now, what makes sense is to do none of those but to stop spending on stupid stuff and cut overall spending i.e. balance the budget.

but since we have not had a budget in 5 years, who the fuck knows where we stand.

America has to spend money to grow wealth within our country...Understand this.
1. Spend on science and technology to keep our first world military
2. Spend on infrastructure to keep a first world infrastructure

Yes, but the govt should not spend more than it collects. it should not be borrowing or printing to spend on "investments".

where does the money come from that you want to spend? tell us where it comes from.

Our economy will grow smaller and we will become a third world shit hole. There's good taxes and there's bad taxes.

Bad taxes are taxes that are spent 1. on shit(Iraq, free shit, pork) or 2. on idiotic policies. Good taxes expand the economy and our nations ability to compete.

since you can't answer the question I will do it for you. the govt has 3 sources of money to spend 1. taxes 2 borrow it 3 print it.

Now, what makes sense is to do none of those but to stop spending on stupid stuff and cut overall spending i.e. balance the budget.

but since we have not had a budget in 5 years, who the fuck knows where we stand.

Why not just go back to 1791? Our budget is in a deficit because we're doing stupid thing; wars, bail-outs, etc, while fucking over our infrastructure, science and technology. This is why our nation is falling and will keep falling.

Last edited:

Yes, but the govt should not spend more than it collects. it should not be borrowing or printing to spend on "investments".

You're right...We should cut bases, pork and welfare, and focus on our own country within the budget.

Why not just go back to 1791? Our budget is in a deficit because we're doing stupid thing; wars, bail-outs, etc, while fucking over our infrastructure, science and technology. This is why our nation is falling and will keep falling.

Do you know what investing is?

matt, you are obviously very young and inexperienced. your naivte about this whole subject shows that you have not lived and worked very long.

try to study some real economics, not Keynes and Marx. Try Jefferson and Adams.
and yes, I know what investing is. anyone who borrows money to invest it is stupid

You're right...We should cut bases, pork and welfare, and focus on our own country within the budget.

good, you are catching on. but you are in total disagreement with obama, thats good too

I think what the democrats mean is Bush didn't count the wars+I.O.U's and medicare into the budget. Obama added it into the budget when he became president-- so that's why the budget want through the roof???

What I think they're trying to say is Obama's cutting into that.

Right?

If that's what they're saying, then they are morons because the cost of Bush's wars and I.O.U.s were counted in his spending. It's a liberal myth that they weren't.

We need to spend it on certain area's. Those are Infrastructure, science and technology...If not then we will become a third world country.

wrong. There are no good taxes. A tax always takes money away from a person who either would have spent it or saved it. Both activities are beneficial to the economy. sending it to Washington to spend is detrimental.

90% of what the government spends goes to feed ticks on the ass of society.

Prove those statements, Britpat. Rhetoric is becoming old-fashioned. Reality is the new black.

But anyway, the economy did grow, slightly. The debt was paid down by over $400B. That means that the DEFICIT has been reduced.

China, India, South Korea, U.A.U are all good models of what I'm saying.

those countries have balanced budgets. china is using the interest we pay them on our debts to build their infrastructure.
they are smart, we are stupid.

Hello,

Your arrogance requires a dose of fact.

List of government budgets by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, some opinion:

Balance the Budget? We Can Run Deficits Forever - Bloomberg

Your thought process is simple for a dude who insults others so readily.

Prove those statements, Britpat. Rhetoric is becoming old-fashioned. Reality is the new black.

But anyway, the economy did grow, slightly. The debt was paid down by over $400B. That means that the DEFICIT has been reduced.

lets see now, obama ran the debt up from 9T to 17T in 4 years and now we see that it has been brought down to 16.6T and you call that progress? :confused:

If you conservatives got butt hurt about the spending during the Bush/GOP years, you'd have some credibility on the issue. You didn't, so you don't.

And don't bother telling me you did, because I don't believe you.

lets see now, obama ran the debt up from 9T to 17T in 4 years and now we see that it has been brought down to 16.6T and you call that progress? :confused:

1. I don't know when the debt was 17 trillion as of yet?
2. This is about the projected deficit and deficit of the past 4 years compared to now->yearly addition on the debt.

It is true that it want from 9.5-16 trillion in Obama's first term.

If you conservatives got butt hurt about the spending during the Bush/GOP years, you'd have some credibility on the issue. You didn't, so you don't.

And don't bother telling me you did, because I don't believe you.

Bush spent up the ass. No question about it.:eusa_whistle: I don't think he has spent as much as Obama.

Don't compare people that can't be reasoned with(on rather murder, rape and economics) to reality. Thanks. You're right that the deficit is slightly smaller now.

Forum List

Back