Why do democrats hate poor black people and want them permanently on welfare?

Just to set the record straight, consider this:

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

"Some conservative critics of federal social programs, including leading presidential candidates, are sounding an alarm that the United States is rapidly becoming an “entitlement society” in which social programs are undermining the work ethic and creating a large class of Americans who prefer to depend on government benefits rather than work. A new CBPP analysis of budget and Census data, however, shows that more than 90 percent of the benefit dollars that entitlement and other mandatory programs[1] spend go to assist people who are elderly, seriously disabled, or members of working households — not to able-bodied, working-age Americans who choose not to work. (See Figure 1.) This figure has changed little in the past few years."

2-10-12bud-f1.jpg

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Conservatives, of course, have to manufacture and sustain the myth that most of the above entitlement dollars are going to able bodied freeloaders,

a classic propaganda tactic.

As you know, Social Security nor Medicare are entitlements. They are paid for by the recipient. Cute try.

40% of Medicare is paid out of the genera fund above and beyond the payroll tax receipts.

For God's sake quit making shit up.

However this is not the story everywhere. Other wealthy countries have considerably lower poverty rates than the United States. There are a variety of factors that affect poverty rates but one that stands out is the power of unions. There is a very strong inverse relationship between the percentage of workers who are covered by a union contract and the poverty rate as measured by the OECD.[1]

Unions: The Best Fix to Poverty
Astonishing Numbers: America's Poor Still Live Better Than Most Of The Rest Of Humanity

What policy is that, specifically?

What's your alternative, specifically?

OK, I will try to go slow and use small words so you might understand.

democrats favor having lots of americans on welfare and food stamps and living in poverty. Why? you ask. Because they know that people who are dependent on them will continue to vote for them. If they remain in power they can continue to get rich at public expense.

the alternative, an economy with an ever growing number of new jobs, welfare only for those who are physically or mentally unable to care for themselves---and for them sufficient help to live comfortable lives. For those able to work, personal responsibility and accountability, no free lunch. You get what you earn, work for, have talent for, have skills for. Freedom to live your life as you choose, freedom to succeed or fail. Said another way, the dream of the founders of this great nation.

You make a false assumption unsupported by any facts, and you fail to provide any specifics.

You lose.

Seriously NY?

.View attachment 120010

I've been on unemployment. You're required to look for work. You're required in most cases to take work.

I was on unemployment 25 years ago. I had to look for work and get signed statements of the places I'd been. I ended up getting a job that I worked for 22 years.

Congrats, you do remember the 99 weekers? The democrats almost had a heartache when the program ended

They were afraid to lose votes.

They had to look for work too. Quit being a retard. You're giving retards a bad name.

You make a false assumption unsupported by any facts, and you fail to provide any specifics.

You lose.

Seriously NY?

.View attachment 120010

I've been on unemployment. You're required to look for work. You're required in most cases to take work.

I was on unemployment 25 years ago. I had to look for work and get signed statements of the places I'd been. I ended up getting a job that I worked for 22 years.

its not that way today. there is no "must look for work" requirement.

See? This is why I'm quite comfortable classifying you as the dumbest poster on USMB - when you make a statement like that

PART 473 - New York State Department of Labor

Yes, those requirements exist in every state, I agree. But they are not enforced. UE payments are not stopped if the person fails to apply for a certain number of jobs.

Your naivete is amazing.

Oh for Chrissakes stop saying such stupid shit. Goddam your stupidity is depressing.

However this is not the story everywhere. Other wealthy countries have considerably lower poverty rates than the United States. There are a variety of factors that affect poverty rates but one that stands out is the power of unions. There is a very strong inverse relationship between the percentage of workers who are covered by a union contract and the poverty rate as measured by the OECD.[1]

Astonishing Numbers: America's Poor Still Live Better Than Most Of The Rest Of Humanity

That would be proof the war on poverty works.

democrats favor having lots of americans on welfare and food stamps and living in poverty. Why? you ask. Because they know that people who are dependent on them will continue to vote for them. If they remain in power they can continue to get rich at public expense.

the alternative, an economy with an ever growing number of new jobs, welfare only for those who are physically or mentally unable to care for themselves---and for them sufficient help to live comfortable lives. For those able to work, personal responsibility and accountability, no free lunch. You get what you earn, work for, have talent for, have skills for. Freedom to live your life as you choose, freedom to succeed or fail. Said another way, the dream of the founders of this great nation.

You lose.

Seriously NY?

.View attachment 120010

Congrats, you do remember the 99 weekers? The democrats almost had a heartache when the program ended

They had to look for work too. Quit being a retard. You're giving retards a bad name.

Quit the spin, they milked the 99 weeks and you know it.

No it's proof that giving people free shit makes them forget democrat's held them as slaves forever.

so wtf are you people whining about?

You lose.

Seriously NY?

.View attachment 120010

Unemployment was 8.0 in 2013, when they got rid of the 99 weeks of benefits in Jan 2014 it dropped like a rock to 5.9

So you tell us they were not milking it.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Do you know what an invasion is?

The strongest military in history couldn't stop an attack

an attack is phase 1 of an invasion. phase 2 is millions entering the country illegally and attacking from within, phase 1 is history, phase 2 is happening today. Do you understand that DOD stands for Department of Defense?

People entering this country are working not attacking us

some are. Do you make any distinction between legal and illegal entry?
Make them legal

everyone that wants to come in? no limits? Are you serious? How much immigration is too much? or should we just completely do away with our borders?

are you as dumb as you appear to be?

not as dumb as building The Great Wall of Trump

Sure, but if you ever want real strong economic growth again we need a strong middle class.

more talking point bullshit. Do you ever have an original thought? Low taxes and efficient government are what every person with a brain wants.

Why do you want to pay high taxes? Are you a complete idiot?

Its all relative

I'd rather pay high taxes and live in a safe community with good schools, parks and good public works than pay low taxes and live in a shithole

And with that being said, I'm sure you're against our military spending because you think our military is plenty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Worked for DoD almost 40 years

We buy some wicked shit. Doesn't mean it is justified to trade off quality of life at home for a Military that can kick ass on the other side of the world

without a kick ass military there would be no quality of life in this country. I do agree that we should not be the world's police force or telling other countries how to live.

Bullshit. Without meddling into the governments of other countries, you wouldn't need to defend yourself at home. Are you even aware of WHY Iranians hate Americans? Of the number of right wing dictatorships the US supported because they believed "better dead than Red" and these strong men opposed communism? Manuel Noriega, Saddam Hussein, The Shah of Iran, Marcos, and many, many others.

Americans revel in their military. Trump is already talking about taking on North Korea. Idiots.

Are you even aware of WHY Iranians hate Americans?

The mullahs are mad that we don't live like 7th century savages.
Everyday people in Iran like the US. We'd see that if Obama hadn't
wimped out and refused to support their protestors attempts to free themselves from the mullahs.

60 months is 5 years. then you have another kid and start the process over. We have generations who have spent their entire lives on welfare. Do you live on the moon?

No.
Do you understand what lifetime limit means? The sixty month limit was passed in 1996 with the Democrat sponsored welfare reform.

Its not enforced. Do you comprehend that? Generational welfare is real.

Really?

You need to post that up.

Really? you must be a moonbat.

Hmm...so you're simply talking out of your ass then. Nothing new.

Dumb thread. Especially when the largest recipients of federal assistance are the red states.

"Dumb thread. Especially when the largest recipients of federal assistance are the red states."

"Oh geez, more of the same from the desperate and confused Liberals.
California - 12% of the nations population, 33% of the nations welfare recipients - FACT
By the way Hawaii and New York are fighting CA for that number one spot....are they blue or red states? hahaha
Here you go:
It Looks Like Red States Take Most in Federal 'Welfare' from this Map. But Looks Can Be Deceiving.
California’s Welfare Benefits: Boom or Bust?
"There has been much discussion about immigrants in the United States from everywhere around the world. Yet, why is it that California seems to attract the most immigrants of any state? Indeed, while the state is only 12% of the nation’s population, it is home to 33% of welfare residents. According to a report published by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) on January 26, 2015, there is a correlation between generous welfare benefits and an increase in immigration.

In total, California outspends every other state in public welfare spending – in 2014, it spent $22.4 billion. In contrast, the next closest state, New York, spent $11.9 billion. That being said, does this make California a magnet for immigrants? Not necessarily. It is more of an anchor – a reason why residents stay for long periods of time in the state. However, to deny that there is no magnet would be incorrect. According to George J. Borjas, the Robert W. Scrivner Professor of Economics and Social Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and the author of the aforementioned report, the reason as to why people decide to relocate is due to “income-maximizing behavior.” Immigrants have already accepted that there are certain fixed costs that are inevitable because of migration, so it is natural that they will flock towards the places with the highest benefits. Empirical evidence suggests that it is because of these differences that there are an increasingly disproportionate number of immigrants among states. While there is the possibility of alternative explanations for this phenomenon, the conclusion that Borjas draws using the wealth-maximization hypothesis is one such testable method.

However, upon closer examination, on a per-capita basis, California’s seemingly generous benefits pale in data comparison to other states. For example, it spends approximately $179 for every resident, behind $233 in Hawaii and $256 in New York. Furthermore, approximately 8.9% of California residents live in poverty, the highest of any state. Despite this, the number of people immigrating to California increases exponentially each year."

Its not enforced. Do you comprehend that? Generational welfare is real.

Really?

Dumb thread. Especially when the largest recipients of federal assistance are the red states.

if you do a little checking you will find that a lot more federal money goes to California and New York than all the red states combined.

And if that's true then California and New York pay more in federal taxes than all the red states combined,

and then some.

Haha...thank God for "big corp" setting up camp in CA and NY because the contributors sure the fuck aren't their trashy, low-life citizens.

They helped the whole country by creating the middle class. As they have declined so has the middle class.

IF that is true, why is it that the very industries where they were the strongest, they, the unions, DESTROYED?

Detroit

7187661d-93a4-49dd-8c60-52199cf4bf3a_zps17nby3th.jpg

You mean the execs destroyed those companies. Unions just built the cars. The execs chose to sell some ugly cars and hired the designers and engineers.

no need to worry, Obama saved the UAW with the GM bailout.

We need to expand unions again. Their decline had been disasterous for the middle class. More unions will make it harder for immigrants to find work, fixing that problem too.

We need to expand unions again.

Nah. We need to kill the corrupt unions.

More unions will make it harder for immigrants to find work, fixing that problem too.

That's funny!

Labor leaders reportedly are launching a new recruiting push by reaching out to those immigrants affected by Obama's immigration announcement last month.

The actions are expected to offer work permits to some 4 million immigrants who entered the U.S. illegally and, until now, were reluctant to join unions for fear of retaliation. Union leaders now say the president's actions give them new protections -- and are keen on signing them up.

Unions launch recruiting push for immigrants protected by Obama actions

Really?

if you do a little checking you will find that a lot more federal money goes to California and New York than all the red states combined.

And if that's true then California and New York pay more in federal taxes than all the red states combined,

and then some.

Haha...thank God for "big corp" setting up camp in CA and NY because the contributors sure the fuck aren't their trashy, low-life citizens.

English please. That makes no sense.

". . . . . . Furthermore, approximately 8.9% of California residents live in poverty, the highest of any state. Despite this, the number of people immigrating to California increases exponentially each year."

US Poverty Level By State

Louisiana has a poverty rate of 23%, Mississippi - 22%

California isn't even in the top 10 of the highest poverty rate in the US.

Given that the National poverty rate in 2014 was 14.8% of the population, how could 8.9% be the highest poverty rate of any State?

Your study from an anti-immigrant website is a piece of shit. If it's basic premises is based on false or misleading information, how good can it's conclusions be.

Were a President Trump to deport all illegal immigrants, the economy would suffer greatly. Just ask Arizona, where a crackdown on illegal immigrants in 2007 shrank the economy by 2%, according to a private analysis by Moody’s, a ratings agency, for the Wall Street Journal. The incomes of most workers would fall. Yet strangely enough, those best placed to benefit from a mass deportation would be those who had crossed the border legally.

http://www.economist.com/news/unite...nomic-losers-low-skilled-immigration-wage-war
well duh, why wouldn't it? They've taken jobs. Those jobs would need to be refilled. how fking stupid are you?

So you want incomes to fall and the economy to slow more?
based on what exactly can you possibly draw that stupid conclusion?

Sure, but if you ever want real strong economic growth again we need a strong middle class.

so you're saying the entire middle class is now the so called poor?

Forum List

Back