Why do gun-enthusiasts OBJECT to registering their weapons?

Think about it....We register our cars...we register to vote....we used to register for the draft, etc. AND, gun enthusiasts on here simply LOVE to flaunt their knowledge of their guns, calibers, magazines, eta l......
YET, mention to them that they should register their weapons to a centralized data base, and they go ballistic (pardon the expression.)

Guns aren't registered now?
---------------------- sure many are registered although its backdoor gun registration . Probably computerized records , copies of the 4473 form that's filled out prior to a gun purchase . Course there are millions of old but still very lethal and pristine Garands , lever guns Colts , Smiths , bolt actions , semi autos and shotguns that have never been in the governments tracking system .
I have an old gun made in England before serial numbers were required. My brother, sister and I have over two dozen guns that never have been registered.

I have an old gun made in England before serial numbers were required.

Pick it up at the factory?

If I were a gun enthusiast I wouldn't bother registering my guns.

Fuck 'em, it's just another way of them collecting fees and if things deteriorated to the point that the government is going door-to-door confiscating guns, then I figure being caught with an unregistered gun would be among the least of my problems.

Let me ask the opposite

why do you want to register guns?

Let's assume Mateen had been required to register his assault weapon and pistol after purchase. Would that have discouraged him from killing 50 fucking people and wounding 50 more?

Now as to the answer to your question.

Duh, the government can't confiscate what they don't know about.

Do you know of anyone who's talking about confiscating cars? No? Me either.

Well, three responses to the bolded sections (with the latter two combined).....

First, we register guns as we do cars to ensure that there's a trail of responsibility to the owner (hope you don't mind being a responsible owner...or do you?)

Second, when was the last time that federal government agencies "confiscated" anything of yours??
Heck, its morons like Trumps who want to send ICE agents to people's homes and round them up....

Let me ask the opposite

Let's assume Mateen had been required to register his assault weapon and pistol after purchase. Would that have discouraged him from killing 50 fucking people and wounding 50 more?

Well, three responses to the bolded sections (with the latter two combined).....

First, we register guns as we do cars to ensure that there's a trail of responsibility to the owner (hope you don't mind being a responsible owner...or do you?)

Second, when was the last time that federal government agencies "confiscated" anything of yours??
Heck, its morons like Trumps who want to send ICE agents to people's homes and round them up....

"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question."

Thomas Jefferson

Let me ask the opposite

Try to get it right, next time

its morons like Trump who want to send ICE agents to illegal aliens homes and round them up

Let me ask the opposite

its morons like Trump who want to send ICE agents to illegal aliens homes and round them up

Winning....:)

Guns were never registered during the early centuries, until the gov. wanted to prevent the citizens from rising up against it. The gov. has to monitor who own weapons so they can have an advantage to strike with full force. So, they made the excuse of preventing felons from owning guns which resulted in background checks which had nothing to do with registering.

You idiots are still "thinking" that the federal government wants to send you to concentration camps???
....and, nitwits, IF even that were a remote scenario, would your guns fend off the U.S. agencies?

Now, of course, you may be thinking that the Brits may come over and re-invade the colonies....in that case, there's no hope for you....LOL

Ask German's citizens why registering guns was a bad idea....made gun confiscation a lot easier.

13435312_1732118110404331_6401875380570386130_n.jpg

Let me ask the opposite

Winning....:)
Yep. Another stupid thread that you have replied to 3 times so far, you smelly turd.

Think about it....We register our cars...we register to vote....we used to register for the draft, etc. AND, gun enthusiasts on here simply LOVE to flaunt their knowledge of their guns, calibers, magazines, eta l......
YET, mention to them that they should register their weapons to a centralized data base, and they go ballistic (pardon the expression.)
It's not constitutional motherfucker, you and l have no right to cars.
It would serve no purpose other than allowing an overbearing piece of shit federal government control over citizens... Shit for brains

Why should I register my guns? Do you Liberal faggots register yourself as cock-sucking homosexuals? Does everyone tell the IRS what they're really worth? Not if they have a fucking brain. No one's Goddamned business. Like Clinton getting a blow-job while on duty. Get it? Same with guns. None of your fucking business what I own.

Actually , guns WERE registered in colonial times, because every white male was required to have one.

Well, the [rather lax] registration process was done in colonial times to prevent the weapons to revert to slaves and Indians.

"Why do gun-enthusiasts OBJECT to registering their weapons?"

Because it's not rationally based, there is no objective evidence in support of registration, and it pursues no proper legislative end, rendering registration an undue burden on the Second Amendment right.
Registering any firearms serves no purpose whatsoever, it would not save one life. It would just take freedoms away… Of course a control freak in the lemming like yourself trusts the federal government…
Lol

Because you don't register weapons like swords, knives, axes, tasers, gasoline, matches, lighters, cigarettes, materials to make home made bombs, rope to hang people, rat poison, Aids, poisons, and all these weapons which can murder people but not registered.

Guns were never registered during the early centuries, until the gov. wanted to prevent the citizens from rising up against it. The gov. has to monitor who own weapons so they can have an advantage to strike with full force. So, they made the excuse of preventing felons from owning guns which resulted in background checks which had nothing to do with registering.

Actually , guns WERE registered in colonial times, because every white male was required to have one.
During the revolution for military. Before that, guns were not registered.

They're all worried about the feds when it's the local governments that are far more oppressive and intrusive than the feds will ever hope to be.

Forum List

Back