Why Do Liberals Get Angry When...

My grandparents came here legally just like millions of other people came here...

My grandparents were already here as were their grandparents but back in the late 1600s, my ancestors did come here and marry Native Americans. They also married Asians from Japan and Creoles from the Caribbean, and even some Africans. I have a very diverse genealogy. I am not opposed to immigration or immigrants in any way shape or form.

This continues to be an abhorrent lie perpetrated by the left and I am glad Mr. Trump has exposed it for what it is. This is not about immigration! LEGAL immigration! What YOU are advocating is a complete detriment to LEGAL immigration, it makes it pointless!
We should take immigrants because

A. We need the workers
B. They're being persecuted or starved.

Why should we take as many that want to come? Maybe there was a time that made sense but look at Greece now. Swimming in immigrants from countries worse off than GREECE! Lol

Edit - sorry sent too soon. The 14th amendment says that everyone born in the US is automatically a citizen.

No, that is NOT what it says.

Please point out to me where in the 14th amendment that it doesn't say that all people born in America aren't American citizens.

You need to actually READ the amendment before you post that way you won't look so foolish.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.[1]

Please point out to me where in the 14th amendment that it doesn't say that all people born in America aren't American citizens.

Certainly you can understand the problem with me having to point out what something doesn't say? :dunno:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States...

The words in red mean something. If we remove those words, we have YOUR argument...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, are citizens of the United States...

But this part in red is important to the sentence. So we have to investigate what is meant by this... "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" ...why is that there?

YOUR argument is, this just means they are here within the geographical boundaries and borders of the United States and subject to US laws... but that's not what it means in this context and can't be what it means because it wouldn't make any sense... it's redundant. We've already established the persons in question are IN the US, (i.e.;subject to US laws. ) It was stated in the first part of the sentence already... why do we need this stated again in another way? Does that make sense?

The INTENT is important, and when you read the commentary from the man who wrote the 14th Amendment, it becomes abundantly clear what is meant. It is certainly NOT conferring birthright citizenship on anyone born on US soil.

My grandparents came here legally just like millions of other people came here...

My grandparents were already here as were their grandparents but back in the late 1600s, my ancestors did come here and marry Native Americans. They also married Asians from Japan and Creoles from the Caribbean, and even some Africans. I have a very diverse genealogy. I am not opposed to immigration or immigrants in any way shape or form.

This continues to be an abhorrent lie perpetrated by the left and I am glad Mr. Trump has exposed it for what it is. This is not about immigration! LEGAL immigration! What YOU are advocating is a complete detriment to LEGAL immigration, it makes it pointless!
We should take immigrants because

A. We need the workers
B. They're being persecuted or starved.

Why should we take as many that want to come? Maybe there was a time that made sense but look at Greece now. Swimming in immigrants from countries worse off than GREECE! Lol

Again... Maybe you have wax in your ears or maybe your entire head is full of wax? No one is arguing against legal immigration here. It's not the issue. It's never been the issue.

We have a pathway to citizenship, it's called Naturalization. You have to go through a process to become a US citizen and every legal immigrant who has ever become a citizen has done so. Congress established the rules on this, and Congress alone... they have plenary power when it comes to WHO gets to be a citizen.

The problem is 11-20 million people who have come across our border to the south illegally. We don't know who they are or what their intentions are. We do know that their influx is having a very detrimental effect on the crime rates and burden on emergency services in towns across our southern border. We cannot continue to have an open border with Mexico. It's killing our jobs, it's killing our communities, it's literally killing our innocent people in some cases. It cannot continue.

Edit - sorry sent too soon. The 14th amendment says that everyone born in the US is automatically a citizen.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside

Actually, this is precisely what it says.

Thanks!

(Illegal aliens are not "subject to the jurisdiction thereof").

No one is giving undocumented people citizenship.

The citizenship is being given to the person who was born in America. They are citizens just like everyone else born in America.

Stop lying.
They shouldn't be. Their parents shouldn't even be here and neither should they.

That's like me running up to Trump while he's peeing and shove his penis in my butt so I can sue him for rape.

I agree with you but please avoid sharing your sexual fantasies with us! ;)

What Trump wants to do is deny those who are born here citizenship. Which is unconstitutional. And would have made my dad not a citizen of the United States of America. Even though he volunteered for the Army during the Korean War and served our country with honor.

This is also NONSENSE.

Your dad was a legal immigrant recognized by the government as subject to full jurisdiction. Illegal aliens are NOT in that category, and therefore, neither are their minor children. There is no such thing as Constitutional "birthright citizenship" unless Congress enacts such legislation to make that statutory policy. From a purely Constitutional perspective, they probably don't even require legislation... a joint resolution would suffice. This is a matter of Congressional plenary power under Article 1 Section 8 Clause 4.

It is quite amazing that Donald J. Trump, "clown, joke, fool and buffoon" has sparked quite the intriguing Constitutional debate... isn't that something?

You need to actually READ the amendment before you post that way you won't look so foolish.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.[1]

Certainly you can understand the problem with me having to point out what something doesn't say? :dunno:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States...

The words in red mean something. If we remove those words, we have YOUR argument...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, are citizens of the United States...

But this part in red is important to the sentence. So we have to investigate what is meant by this... "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" ...why is that there?

YOUR argument is, this just means they are here within the geographical boundaries and borders of the United States and subject to US laws... but that's not what it means in this context and can't be what it means because it wouldn't make any sense... it's redundant. We've already established the persons in question are IN the US, (i.e.;subject to US laws. ) It was stated in the first part of the sentence already... why do we need this stated again in another way? Does that make sense?

The INTENT is important, and when you read the commentary from the man who wrote the 14th Amendment, it becomes abundantly clear what is meant. It is certainly NOT conferring birthright citizenship on anyone born on US soil.
Because diplomats are not subject to our jurisdiction.

What Trump wants to do is deny those who are born here citizenship. Which is unconstitutional. And would have made my dad not a citizen of the United States of America. Even though he volunteered for the Army during the Korean War and served our country with honor.

This is also NONSENSE.

Your dad was a legal immigrant recognized by the government as subject to full jurisdiction. Illegal aliens are NOT in that category, and therefore, neither are their minor children. There is no such thing as Constitutional "birthright citizenship" unless Congress enacts such legislation to make that statutory policy. From a purely Constitutional perspective, they probably don't even require legislation... a joint resolution would suffice. This is a matter of Congressional plenary power under Article 1 Section 8 Clause 4.

It is quite amazing that Donald J. Trump, "clown, joke, fool and buffoon" has sparked quite the intriguing Constitutional debate... isn't that something?
Lol, congress can't override the constitution .

Trump wants to end birth right citizenship?

I understand that to re-write citizenship standards is complicated. But it's impossible to live like this, don't you think so? A child born in the US to citizens of another country would return to the country their parents reside in. That's the only right decision. Always was and always will.
He can want it all he wants.

The thing that gets me is how we seem to have liberals prospectively making things constitutional on the basis of a few ill-informed opinions. The Constitution makes clear in Article 1 Section 8 Clause 4; The Congress has the power to regulate naturalization, not the Court... not Liberals interpreting court rulings in cases about legal immigrants.

They run to Wong, an 1890 case regarding legal immigrants who were "subject to jurisdiction" not illegal aliens who weren't. They totally ignore a case 6 years before, where a Native American was denied birthright citizenship on the basis of jurisdiction. If a Native American born on US soil is not a citizen by birth, how can an illegal immigrant from another country be? Does that make ANY sense? :dunno:

This is simple and anyone who has any education on the Constitution should know how simple. This is one of a precious few powers that is delegated to our Congress. Citizenship (aka: Naturalization) is a matter of statute administered by Congress. The 14th does not contradict this, it reinforces it in Section 5. Congress has plenary power. Period. End of debate.
The 14th Amendment came after Article 1 was written.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside

Thanks!

The citizenship is being given to the person who was born in America. They are citizens just like everyone else born in America.

Stop lying.
They shouldn't be. Their parents shouldn't even be here and neither should they.

That's like me running up to Trump while he's peeing and shove his penis in my butt so I can sue him for rape.

My grandparents came here legally just like millions of other people came here in the beginning of the 20th century. So why would you say they shouldn't even be here? They were escaping the genocide on them by muslims of the Ottoman Empire. My grandparents were orthodox christian. The only reason why the muslims were trying to kill them is because they were christian and not muslim.

My dad and his sister were BORN here. They were citizens by birth. So just how do you believe they shouldn't even be here?

Your attitude is illegal since my grandparents came here LEGALLY. Their records are in the Ellis Island records. Just like millions of other immigrants from the first part of the 20th century.

They most certainly had the right to come here to save their lives. Just like millions of others who came here to save their lives.

I guess you would have denied Jewish people the right to escape nazi Germany and certain death too. Even if they did it legally like my grandparents did in the first part of the 20th century.
I'll read the rest but first I meant if the parents shouldn't be here the kid shouldn't be here.

If someone's here legally on a visitor or work visa, your kid is Mexican. Has to go where you go. And if you ain't legal you gotta go. Or apply for citizenship and we'll review you.

PS. My dad came from Greece age 17. My mom's dad came illegally but my grandmother came legal. Actually she was born here, went back to Greece then she came back when she was in her 20s and met my illegal immigrant grandfather. Lol

I agree with the constitution. Anyone who is born in America is a citizen of America. No matter what rationalization people present, the constitution has to be amended to remove that right and there's absolutely no way that's going to happen.

So why not concentrate on doing things that can happen and can make a difference?

The reason for that is because politicians don't want to do anything that will solve the problem. They want to complain about it. That's all. The congress has the power to do something right now, today but they won't. Politicians want that issue to complain about.

What trump is doing is complaining about it and offering an idea that can't ever happen. There's absolutely no way America is going to amend the constitution to take citizenship of people who are born in America.

That's what this is about. Taking citizenship from people born here in America. It's unconstitutional and not productive.

Why not do something that can actually happen? Congress has the power to do something about it right now but they never will because they want the issue to be able to complain about.

Politicians talk about it a lot while they actually have the power to do something yet they do nothing.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

Thanks!

Stop lying.

My grandparents came here legally just like millions of other people came here in the beginning of the 20th century. So why would you say they shouldn't even be here? They were escaping the genocide on them by muslims of the Ottoman Empire. My grandparents were orthodox christian. The only reason why the muslims were trying to kill them is because they were christian and not muslim.

My dad and his sister were BORN here. They were citizens by birth. So just how do you believe they shouldn't even be here?

Your attitude is illegal since my grandparents came here LEGALLY. Their records are in the Ellis Island records. Just like millions of other immigrants from the first part of the 20th century.

They most certainly had the right to come here to save their lives. Just like millions of others who came here to save their lives.

I guess you would have denied Jewish people the right to escape nazi Germany and certain death too. Even if they did it legally like my grandparents did in the first part of the 20th century.
They didn't have the right to come here because we had the right to deny them. We let them in.

We treat illegal Cubans different than we do Mexicans or people from the Dominican republic. Or Chinese. We may have more illegal Chinese than Mexicans here. Can you believe that?

Glad you made it but keep in mind no country let's everyone in, nor should they.

Then you're saying that all immigrants who came here at the beginning of the 20th century had no right to come here or be here.

Which is absurd. America could have turned them away. Yet my grandparents went through the same legal process every other immigrant of that time had to go through. You can't apply today's laws to 100 years ago when the laws were very different.

Anyway it really doesn't matter.

Today people and I guess you too, want to take citizenship from people who are born here in America. That's unconstitutional and illegal.

Why not concentrate on what is constitutional and what can actually happen? Whining about it and trying to do something unconstitutional won't change anything. You all are being duped by trump. If he becomes president and when he doesn't do what he advocates now you will realize how you've been duped.

Taking citizenship from people born here in America won't stop undocumented people from coming to America.

They come here mostly to work. Take the jobs from them and they won't come. Bankrupting the business and prosecuting and putting employers in prison for the crime of hiring an undocumented worker will be effective. All it will take is to prosecute people from one business and no other business will hire an undocumented person. If the employer knows they will face prison, they mostly likely won't hire an undocumented person.

That is much more effective than violating the constitution.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

Thanks!

Stop lying.

Again... NOTHING in the Constitution confers birthright citizenship.... It's just not there!

Just because you say that doesn't make it true.

Thanks!

Stop lying.

I'll read the rest but first I meant if the parents shouldn't be here the kid shouldn't be here.

If someone's here legally on a visitor or work visa, your kid is Mexican. Has to go where you go. And if you ain't legal you gotta go. Or apply for citizenship and we'll review you.

PS. My dad came from Greece age 17. My mom's dad came illegally but my grandmother came legal. Actually she was born here, went back to Greece then she came back when she was in her 20s and met my illegal immigrant grandfather. Lol

I agree with the constitution. Anyone who is born in America is a citizen of America. No matter what rationalization people present, the constitution has to be amended to remove that right and there's absolutely no way that's going to happen.

So why not concentrate on doing things that can happen and can make a difference?

The reason for that is because politicians don't want to do anything that will solve the problem. They want to complain about it. That's all. The congress has the power to do something right now, today but they won't. Politicians want that issue to complain about.
Just start going after the employers hiring illegals. Start with the largest ones first. I'm sure they aren't impossible to find.

What did Americans do when factories in America closed and went overseas? We did nothing. So who will care when an illegal employers business is closed? Who will be hurt? The workers? They aren't even legally here. No one will miss them.

In fact let the employer stay open so he can pay his fines but now he has to hire American workers?

Does anyone have a problem with this?

This is also NONSENSE.

Lol, congress can't override the constitution .

No...the SCOTUS can't override the Constitution.

Article 1 Section 8 Clause 4... Go read it.

Thanks!

Stop lying.

They didn't have the right to come here because we had the right to deny them. We let them in.

We treat illegal Cubans different than we do Mexicans or people from the Dominican republic. Or Chinese. We may have more illegal Chinese than Mexicans here. Can you believe that?

Glad you made it but keep in mind no country let's everyone in, nor should they.

Then you're saying that all immigrants who came here at the beginning of the 20th century had no right to come here or be here.

Which is absurd. America could have turned them away. Yet my grandparents went through the same legal process every other immigrant of that time had to go through. You can't apply today's laws to 100 years ago when the laws were very different.

Anyway it really doesn't matter.

Today people and I guess you too, want to take citizenship from people who are born here in America. That's unconstitutional and illegal.

Why not concentrate on what is constitutional and what can actually happen? Whining about it and trying to do something unconstitutional won't change anything. You all are being duped by trump. If he becomes president and when he doesn't do what he advocates now you will realize how you've been duped.

Taking citizenship from people born here in America won't stop undocumented people from coming to America.

They come here mostly to work. Take the jobs from them and they won't come. Bankrupting the business and prosecuting and putting employers in prison for the crime of hiring an undocumented worker will be effective. All it will take is to prosecute people from one business and no other business will hire an undocumented person. If the employer knows they will face prison, they mostly likely won't hire an undocumented person.

That is much more effective than violating the constitution.
Finally someone gets it.

We have two signs on our border. A little one that says stay out and a big one that says HELP WANTED.

Republicans refuse to fault employers even ones breaking the law. They'll defend them saying the illegals are doing jobs Americans won't do.

They may even agree reluctantly with you but tomorrow they'll go right back to talking about illegal immigrants. That means they don't get it.

It also proves the media ain't liberal because it never talks about illegal employers.

Trump wants to end birth right citizenship?

I understand that to re-write citizenship standards is complicated. But it's impossible to live like this, don't you think so? A child born in the US to citizens of another country would return to the country their parents reside in. That's the only right decision. Always was and always will.

It's like with his other proposals that have no chance of implementation. Like his one-time tax on wealth--completely unenforceable. Just demagoguery.

Trump proposes massive one-time tax on the rich - November 9, 1999

Stop lying.

Just start going after the employers hiring illegals. Start with the largest ones first. I'm sure they aren't impossible to find.

What did Americans do when factories in America closed and went overseas? We did nothing. So who will care when an illegal employers business is closed? Who will be hurt? The workers? They aren't even legally here. No one will miss them.

In fact let the employer stay open so he can pay his fines but now he has to hire American workers?

Does anyone have a problem with this?

Employers only face a fine now and it doesn't do one thing to deter them from hiring undocumented workers.

If they faced bankruptcy and prison they will do everything in their power to make sure they don't hire undocumented workers.

If there isn't jobs for undocumented people they would stop coming.

The solution I recommended can be done now if congress did their job and passed a law. It won't cost billions of dollars and it will be effective.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

Thanks!

Stop lying.

Again... NOTHING in the Constitution confers birthright citizenship.... It's just not there!

Just because you say that doesn't make it true.

Tell me... did you have your hand on your hip saying that like a 7-year-old girl? ...that's how I pictured it.

Ya... not going well for you, bruh. Should we start digging up old videos of Ted Kennedy and Harry Reid lecturing you on the awful idea of "birthright citizenship" and how it isn't Constitutional? Would THAT help you understand this better??? :dunno:

NOTHING in the Constitution confers birthright citizenship.

It is a plenary power of Congress and Congress alone.

Forum List

Back