Why do liberals hate Christianity ?

Why do you hate giving the other people a choice in how to live their life?
Why do you and others hate a government that is suppose to be a republic and you love a government run by plutocrats?
:eusa_whistle:

they rarely say anything bad about Islam, they will even label someone who does as hateful, racist, or intolerant,but when it comes to Christianity a lot of liberals do not hesitate to tout the so called evils of the Christian faith ....Why ??

they rarely say anything bad about Islam, they will even label someone who does as hateful, racist, or intolerant,but when it comes to Christianity a lot of liberals do not hesitate to tout the so called evils of the Christian faith ....Why ??

I'm cool with Christ, but Phil Robinson should shut the fkc up and fkc his duck.

1. Some would say yes. I know a lot of christians who say you aren't doing enough to go to heaven. .

2. If you don't take the stories in the bible literally, then you understand it is a lie. A made up story. Fairy tales not based in fact. Why would you worship a lie?

3. I don't think society needs religion in fact I think we might be better off without it.

4. Check this out. Why there is no god

If you see Christian faith as nothing more than a series of dogmatic pronouncements and unquestionable laws, you have missed the point. Christianity is not about Christians, it's about Christ.

So you basically like the things this Jesus guy said 2014 years ago and that is why you follow. You don't really believe god impregnated a virgin, right?

And what do you mean the father, son and holy ghost? If you take that stuff literally then you must take the entire bible literally. How do you decide what parts are just stories and what parts are real?

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artifacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.
I don't understand your insistence that faith must be tied to literal thinking. I'm bright enough to understand parables. I'm bright enough to understand that the musings of a Bronze Age philosopher isn't the only explanation of the natural world.

I am human and as such I have a spiritual need that is slaked by the teachings of Jesus Christ. The faith in Christ is not predicated upon the literal acceptance of every word written in the Bible. That's the approach of the Fundamentalist. I do believe that you understand the Fundamentalist view is not the exclusive view of Christianity. Nor is it the exclusive view of a spirituality native to all human hearts. I further hope that you understand that the endowment of free will provides for critical thinking skills. A belief in the scientific method does not by default a rejection of the spiritual.

I'm afraid you just refuse to understand that e human mind and heart can be flexible enough to hold two opinions simultaneously.

liberals don't hate christianity ... they don't like the Idea of any religion forcing their religious beliefs on us .... thats what we don't like... as for Islam, they aren't the largest faith here in the US, christian are ... if Islam tried to do the shit that christians do, we would be in their face too... you just don't get it ... if we don't believe in a god, in this country, that is our right to do so... its not christians right to force us to believe in a god ... its not a case we hate christians, we just don't want them fucking up the country with their religious beliefs in our laws... get it moron

So, if something like Prop 8 is passed in California by the majority of voters, for whatever their reasons, you are OK with that? You are not going to try and force your beliefs on the rest of us through the courts? You act as if you are totally autonomous and your decisions are made objectively. I can only assume you are not a cyborg whose decisions are programed, even though that is what the majority of liberals sound like. I assume you base decisions on the facts as you know them. Your beliefs are as you have formulated them in you mind, relativism. Apparently to me the biggest fact that you use is to be anti-, anti-Christian, anti-family, anti-America...on an on.

So your BELIEF is that homosexuality is natural, you base that one what? On science? Hardly. If Evolution does serve a purpose it at least is a system that explains the survival of a specie. Homosexuality works against evolution. There is absolutely no way that evolution and homosexuality are compatible. Maybe homosexual ACTS may be explainable but that is about all. The point being is that you choose a side based on your faith as does everyone else in the free world. No one is forcing religion on you, no one. At least not yet, wait for the Muslim invasion then see what you are really worried about.

I'm waiting for any liberal to answer that^^^^

dreams.gif

Proposition 8 was unconstitutional. The difference between democracy and mob rule is the rule of law. In 1968, the year after the Supreme Court struck down anti-miscegenation laws, 73% of Americans were still against inter-racial marriages.

As to how some Christians seek to force their religion on the rest of us here is my post from earlier:

Liberals do not generally believe that Christianity in its entirety is "evil." Religion is responsible for a lot of good. But Christianity is also responsible for some harmful movements, in legislature and in society in general. When Christian groups try to legislate their morality or spread misinformation, they deserve to be called out for it.

- teaching Creationism/"Intelligent Design" in public schools
- abstinence-only sex education
- the pushback against the HPV vaccine
- resistance to a woman's right to choose
- resistance to condom use in Africa to fight HIV
- climate change denialism
- blue laws (which do affect more than just liquor stores)
- gay conversion therapy

Ain't it great how conservatives can hate millions and billions of people without knowing anything about them? Ain't ignorance, stupidity, and propaganda great?

We don't hate you. We pray for you daily.

But just because we pray for you doesn't mean we're going to let you dictate our religion to us.

Why do liberals hate Christianity ?
I can't speak for liberals, but I can explain why I as a true CONSERVATIVE (not to be confused with RINO) hate Christianity:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ain't it great how conservatives can hate millions and billions of people without knowing anything about them? Ain't ignorance, stupidity, and propaganda great?

How is asking you why you hate Christianity evidence of hatred towards you?

Do you think all questions are hate speech? Or do you only pretend we hate you when we ask questions if the answers make YOU look hateful?

Last edited:
Probably off-topic, but I'm curious as to why not believing in creationism requires believing in evolution. When one gives serious thought, or even semi-serious thought, to the exponentially huge and preposterously ridiculous probabilities and 'happy accidents' required for evolution to even begin its sequence it's no less ridiculous than creationism. Not to mention the 'common origin' fantasy for humans is just a variation on the Adam and Eve allegory in Genesis, i.e. essentially the same concept intellectually.

Last edited:

Do you think all questions are hate speech? Or do you only pretend we hate you when we ask questions if the answers make YOU look hateful?

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Just askin'.

Do you really believe mary was a virgin? Do you really believe jesus was the son of god and performed miracles? Do you really take the Noah or Adam and Eve stories literally?

Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham
Does one have to be a literal thinker to be a Christian?

1. Some would say yes. I know a lot of christians who say you aren't doing enough to go to heaven. .

2. If you don't take the stories in the bible literally, then you understand it is a lie. A made up story. Fairy tales not based in fact. Why would you worship a lie?

3. I don't think society needs religion in fact I think we might be better off without it.

4. Check this out. Why there is no god

Good link. Thanks for sharing.

I have a question for the liars..er, um, I mean leftists. If you are the top government Gestapo running a government indoctrination center, would it be okay to discuss the fact that Einstein believed in Intelligent Design?

So you basically like the things this Jesus guy said 2014 years ago and that is why you follow. You don't really believe god impregnated a virgin, right?

And what do you mean the father, son and holy ghost? If you take that stuff literally then you must take the entire bible literally. How do you decide what parts are just stories and what parts are real?

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artifacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.
I don't understand your insistence that faith must be tied to literal thinking. I'm bright enough to understand parables. I'm bright enough to understand that the musings of a Bronze Age philosopher isn't the only explanation of the natural world.

I am human and as such I have a spiritual need that is slaked by the teachings of Jesus Christ. The faith in Christ is not predicated upon the literal acceptance of every word written in the Bible. That's the approach of the Fundamentalist. I do believe that you understand the Fundamentalist view is not the exclusive view of Christianity. Nor is it the exclusive view of a spirituality native to all human hearts. I further hope that you understand that the endowment of free will provides for critical thinking skills. A belief in the scientific method does not by default a rejection of the spiritual.

I'm afraid you just refuse to understand that e human mind and heart can be flexible enough to hold two opinions simultaneously.

As an atheist, I don't see how disproving Christianity is relevant to the OP. This isn't a conflict you'll solve by trying to bring everyone to your side.

Just askin'.

Is asking that evidence that I beat my wife?

Nope.

Just askin'.

Is asking that evidence that I beat my wife?

Nope.

Actually that wasn't a question -- it was an answer. :cool:

So a Priest, a Rabbi, and a Muslim cleric walk into a bar. The bartender says..."Get the hell out of here."

Forum List

Back