Why do liberals hate Christianity ?

LibRats hate Christianity because they hate being told what to do. Like be monogamous, stop having sex with children, stop having homo-sex. All the things Democrats like...

LibRats love Islam because Islam is Anti-Christian and because Islam is based on Communism. LibRats love Communism.......

LibRats hate Christianity because they hate being told what to do. Like be monogamous, stop having sex with children, stop having homo-sex. All the things Democrats like...

LibRats love Islam because Islam is Anti-Christian and because Islam is based on Communism. LibRats love Communism.......

...and there you have it, fellow posters! The above poster is why liberals hate Christianity! Fortunately, all it takes is a couple of clicks to put someone on "ignore".

...and there you have it, fellow posters! The above poster is why liberals hate Christianity! Fortunately, all it takes is a couple of clicks to put someone on "ignore".

Perish the thought -- that's a gold mine :eusa_dance:

From the first part we learn that Islam never tells people what to do. Ya loin sump'm here every day, and it's usually deep, just like this.

Hip-boot deep in fact. :eusa_think:

Why do liberals hate Christianity ?

Because it questions their politics

Any proof liberals hate Christianity? Where is it written?

Traditionally atheists would be considered liberal because conservatives are typically christians. Although the god mother of the republican party was Ayn Rand and she didn't believe in god.

We hate religion because it gets dumb middle class and poor people to vote against their own financial interests. The GOP uses god, gays, guns & racism to get stupid middle class voters to vote for them.

Moral Majority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. How am I supposed to feel about myself?

Do you really believe mary was a virgin? Do you really believe jesus was the son of god and performed miracles? Do you really take the Noah or Adam and Eve stories literally?

Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham

It's not Christianity. It's the narrow minded, myopic anti-science Fundamentalists who draw Liberal ire. And rightly so. Some of the most vocal, most zealous, most committed Fundamentalists want to use the Bible as a science text book, want their views (newly arrived at views by the way) on abortion to be the law of the land. In other words, some of the most committed and committable Fundamentalists are acting more like an American Taliban than anything resembling Christians.

Do you really believe mary was a virgin? Do you really believe jesus was the son of god and performed miracles? Do you really take the Noah or Adam and Eve stories literally?

Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham
Does one have to be a literal thinker to be a Christian?

Why there is no god

How are you smart enough to be a liberal but then still believe in fairy tales or stories that can't possibly be true? Are you just afraid you'll go to hell if you think?

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

It's not Christianity. It's the narrow minded, myopic anti-science Fundamentalists who draw Liberal ire. And rightly so. Some of the most vocal, most zealous, most committed Fundamentalists want to use the Bible as a science text book, want their views (newly arrived at views by the way) on abortion to be the law of the land. In other words, some of the most committed and committable Fundamentalists are acting more like an American Taliban than anything resembling Christians.

If you believe that you have to accept the lord jesus christ as your savior or you don't go to heaven, then you are just as wacko as the right wing extremists. Or maybe you aren't just as bad but you are the sheep that people like Hitler manipulated into fighting his war for him. Stop it. Those fundamentalists should make you realize that the entire religion is made up.

Why would god not show himself to me and then demand I believe a corrupt church and my uneducated ancestors or go to hell? So if you don't believe that, guess what? The Jesus story is no different than the other 999 religions that came before and after. You just happen to be born into christianity.

OMG I couldn't believe the Dot Head Indian yesterday trying to tell me I'm going to hell if I don't get BORN AGAIN. So 80% of India is going to hell and everyone in America even a lot of Catholic and other christians that are baptized as children, we don't get to go to heaven because we don't know/believe what this fucking DOT HEAD believes. :lol::badgrin:

Really? :eusa_pray: :cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_shifty::evil::doubt::eek::eusa_clap::eusa_silenced::badgrin:

1. Some would say yes. I know a lot of christians who say you aren't doing enough to go to heaven. .

2. If you don't take the stories in the bible literally, then you understand it is a lie. A made up story. Fairy tales not based in fact. Why would you worship a lie?

3. I don't think society needs religion in fact I think we might be better off without it.

4. Check this out. Why there is no god

Why there is no god

How are you smart enough to be a liberal but then still believe in fairy tales or stories that can't possibly be true? Are you just afraid you'll go to hell if you think?

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:
I believe in God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that ultimate salvation lies in Jesus Christ.

I believe in the theory of evolution. I believe in science.

What I reject is the use of Scripture as a science textbook. the Bible is a book of great spirituality, beautiful poetry, human and Divine struggles, war, violence, sex and parable. What it is not is a science book.

And science is not in the business of refuting God. Science is a way to understand the natural world.

Why does the Jesus story resonate through the ages? Because of the resurrection. Because of the basic truths taught by Christ, that we should love one another and our spiritual destiny lies within each of us.

Voltaire once said that if God did not exist, it would be necessary for mankind to invent Him. Necessary. We can explore space, we can explore this planet, we can explore the human being with all of their complexities. This exploration is not directed as a denial of God. God may have had nothing at all to do with the creation of any of those things. But God is necessary to the human condition to fulfill a spirituality that lies within each and every one of us.

1. Some would say yes. I know a lot of christians who say you aren't doing enough to go to heaven. .

2. If you don't take the stories in the bible literally, then you understand it is a lie. A made up story. Fairy tales not based in fact. Why would you worship a lie?

3. I don't think society needs religion in fact I think we might be better off without it.

If you see Christian faith as nothing more than a series of dogmatic pronouncements and unquestionable laws, you have missed the point. Christianity is not about Christians, it's about Christ.

Why there is no god

I believe in God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that ultimate salvation lies in Jesus Christ.

I believe in the theory of evolution. I believe in science.

What I reject is the use of Scripture as a science textbook. the Bible is a book of great spirituality, beautiful poetry, human and Divine struggles, war, violence, sex and parable. What it is not is a science book.

And science is not in the business of refuting God. Science is a way to understand the natural world.

Why does the Jesus story resonate through the ages? Because of the resurrection. Because of the basic truths taught by Christ, that we should love one another and our spiritual destiny lies within each of us.

Voltaire once said that if God did not exist, it would be necessary for mankind to invent Him. Necessary. We can explore space, we can explore this planet, we can explore the human being with all of their complexities. This exploration is not directed as a denial of God. God may have had nothing at all to do with the creation of any of those things. But God is necessary to the human condition to fulfill a spirituality that lies within each and every one of us.

Darwin did not set out to undermine the grand narrative of Christianity, but his theory of evolution through natural selection led to conclusions that were diametrically opposite to those that Christians traditionally believed and proclaimed. The research carried out under the paradigm of evolution brought to light that Augustine’s convictions on 'original sin' and death could no longer be held. However, conservative theologians and church members are reluctant to acknowledge this. Nevertheless, a change in traditional theology is a prerequisite for any meaningful dialogue between religion and science.

“God is an ever-receding pocket of ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller as time goes on.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

If you see Christian faith as nothing more than a series of dogmatic pronouncements and unquestionable laws, you have missed the point. Christianity is not about Christians, it's about Christ.

So you basically like the things this Jesus guy said 2014 years ago and that is why you follow. You don't really believe god impregnated a virgin, right?

And what do you mean the father, son and holy ghost? If you take that stuff literally then you must take the entire bible literally. How do you decide what parts are just stories and what parts are real?

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artifacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

they rarely say anything bad about Islam, they will even label someone who does as hateful, racist, or intolerant who does,but when it comes to Christianity a lot of liberals do not hesitate to tout the so called evils of the Christian faith ....Why ??

Why is Yidnar unable to post without a strawman?

Liberals don't "hate" any religion -- that's why they invented freedom of it in founding this country. It's part of the philosophy that religion has nothing to do with politics.

Why does Yidnar want theocracy?

Same thing....

he does that because he's a yidiot.

Forum List

Back