Why do liberals love the past??

Conservatives love the present. They love the freedom from govt that our revolutionary Founders gave us while liberals love the past where huge central, bloody governments shaped human history for 1000's of years.

you're always butt backwards.

it's the rabid right that's trying to drag us back to the 60's.

it's really annoying constantly pointing out how much you loons lie.

Actually, Americans didn't see George as evil, they just wanted their own country and democracy.

too stupid you said George was absolute monarch and now you are changing the subject. Show some character. liveral!!
I SAID the founding fathers thought absolute monarchy was evil, Pubtroll, not George III. Jeebus what a waste of time. They got most of their ideas from the French Enlightenment. -Francophile

Liberals might "love the past" but it's the selective past. They hate Bush for sending Troops to Iraq after gaining approval from congress but they love Harry Truman for sending Troops to Korea under an executive order. They think Nixon was a villain for some sort of 18 minute lapse in White House tapes but they love Hillary even though she may have destroyed her entire record concerning Benghazi. They hate Reagan for violating some convoluted amendment inserted into a Military appropriations bill but they think FDR is a saint when he incarcerated American citizens and stole their property for the crime of being Japanese.
Libs right, GOP wrong in all cases. FDR was moderate regarding Japanese Americans at the time...
Franco, please stop.
Any argument, Pub dupe? Iraq was the stupidest war ever, Korea fine except GOPer MacArthur idiocy, Nixon was a crook, Iraq threw us out- Bush's Iraqis, Reagan's legacy is disaster. see sig

OP-Liberals love history because it proves they're right. Your stupid bs about huge bloody central gov't has nothing to do with liberalism. Breaking: Hitler and Mao were not liberals, brainwashed functional moron. The founding fathers WERE.
many were Frankie,but you cant tell me that none of them were more Conservative types too....the one thing they had in common was they wanted the British out....unlike today those people actually put their differences aside and worked together for the betterment of the Country .....
Cons of the time were loyalists.

FDR was moderate regarding Japanese Americans at the time...

latest.jpg

OP-Liberals love history because it proves they're right. Your stupid bs about huge bloody central gov't has nothing to do with liberalism. Breaking: Hitler and Mao were not liberals, brainwashed functional moron. The founding fathers WERE.
many were Frankie,but you cant tell me that none of them were more Conservative types too....the one thing they had in common was they wanted the British out....unlike today those people actually put their differences aside and worked together for the betterment of the Country .....
come on frankie... are going to tell me that every person against the british were liberals?....no conservative of the day agreed with them?....how many liberals of the day were too scared to side with those guys because if they failed they would probably be executed?... what the fuck did all those people come here for?...if they loved the british so much why did they make the trip?....you guys amaze me that you all know how they thought back then,those people were nothing like today....

come on frankie... are going to tell me that every person against the british were liberals?....no conservative of the day agreed with them?....how many liberals of the day were too scared to side with those guys because if they failed they would probably be executed?... what the fuck did all those people come here for?...if they loved the british so much why did they make the trip?....you guys amaze me that you all know how they thought back then,those people were nothing like today....

Conservatives during the American Revolution, by nature, sided with the British. It was the liberals who fought for freedom. Conservatives, by definitition, have always sided with the wealthy and powerful.

What has changed are the Republicans and the Democrats. The Republicans weren't always conservative, and the Democrats weren't always liberal.

There were exceptions I'm sure, of course. Let's say 80%+...

Conservatives during the American Revolution, by nature, sided with the British. It was the liberals who fought for freedom. Conservatives, by definitition, have always sided with the wealthy and powerful.

What has changed are the Republicans and the Democrats. The Republicans weren't always conservative, and the Democrats weren't always liberal.
.those people were nothing like today...many conservatives in those days wanted the British out just as bad as any liberal did....the difference?....they were able to work together.....you do realize i hope, that many "conservatives" back then left Britain for the same reason as the "liberals" .....are you people so fucking liberal that you cant phantom a conservative having the same goal as a liberal?...

Conservatives love the present. They love the freedom from govt that our revolutionary Founders gave us while liberals love the past where huge central, bloody governments shaped human history for 1000's of years.
Liberals love education which includes that past. The past is what we learn from that helps guide our future choices. Republicans are ignorant rubes. They hate education and the only past they know they make up. Like insisting it was confederate conservative Republicans who freed the slaves.

Q. What do you get when you cross a pig with a Liberal Democrat?
A. Nothing. There are some things a pig won't do.

Forum List

Back