Why do people look for ways to be offended?

People get offended about a mythological person in a glass of pee while telling others they are not allowed to be offended.
So cool.
poor Mac has such a hard time keeping track, and that's just not right...
Hey, I'm not the one whining about backwards words.

This is the absurd, hypersensitive environment you folks created, congrats.

People get offended about a mythological person in a glass of pee while telling others they are not allowed to be offended.
So cool.
poor Mac has such a hard time keeping track, and that's just not right...
Hey, I'm not the one whining about backwards words.

This is the absurd, hypersensitive environment you folks created, congrats.

Who's "you folks"?

Perhaps we should not assume we know your species.

Some people just want to make their voices heard, even if they've got nothing to say.
Amen to this! And in my opinion, whoever got mad enough to have people be arrested for cheering at their child's graduation is the perfect example.

God bless you and them families always!!!

Holly
They should be arrested. It would have been better though if they just respected the rules.
I disagree. There is nothing wrong with cheering for something that is going on in front of you unless it is something wrong, but in this case, it was something right. Kids were graduating. Why not cheer for that when some people don't ever get due to one set of circumstances or another? Sadly there are a lot of people in my family who never got to finish high school because of their unfortunate life's circumstances.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
They were asked to hold the applause to the end so that 800 graduating seniors can move expeditiously across the stage. Maybe you'd like to be one of those idiot parents screaming "for their kid" and defying authority like a teenage punk, but you wouldn't want to be the parent of the next kid whose announcement just got drowned out. Part of the definition of adulthood is exercising self restraint not as common with children. If you can't control your own behavior, maybe you should stay out of public venues.
If it was a rule to be quiet, throwing out those who ignored the rule would've been sufficient. To me, there was no reason to go as far as to having the people arrested.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
That hasn't worked in the past, so efforts to apply stricter penalties were applied. That's what happens when you "grown ups" can't control yourselves and follow instructions.

The one nice quality of the PC Police is that I never have to name names.

They always self-identify with the catty and/or pissy and/or defensive posts whenever I mention them.

:biggrin:

.... so then, choose a translation:

[ ] OK, I fucked up, I have no answer
[ ] OK, I put my foot in my mouth
[ ] OK, I'm busted
[X] All of the above

They always self-identify with the catty and/or pissy and/or defensive posts whenever I mention them.

.... so then, choose a translation:

[ ] OK, I fucked up, I have no answer
[ ] OK, I put my foot in my mouth
[ ] OK, I'm busted
[X] All of the above
See?

Can you find a single USMB member who is offended by the backward spelling on the bus? One?
Rightwinger is obviously offended.
Aw, my little stalker friend wanted to provide an example of my point for me.

Rabbi, please forgive LL. I put him on ignore a couple of years ago, he knows it, yet he keeps posting to me.

Kinda sad, huh?

one nice quality of the frauds is that i never have to even try.

they always self-identify with the same old whines...

Can you find a single USMB member who is offended by the backward spelling on the bus? One?
Aw, my little stalker friend wanted to provide an example of my point for me.

Rabbi, please forgive LL. I put him on ignore a couple of years ago, he knows it, yet he keeps posting to me.

Kinda sad, huh?

Excellent job of ignoring there, chief. Why not answer the question?

Oh noes some black lady is da police watch all your mouths or else!

In Texas: Texas Declares Man s License Plate Offensive To Upside-Down People
images

Next up: Mirror images. My brother came up with the license plate number "TI3 V0M" -- which in the rearview mirror says "Move It"

Someone in Boston has "UPIHWI".

There's a woman in New Hampshire with "DOLCETT". The day I saw that, I discovered that Googling cryptic vanity plates can have surprising results...and that some people are WEIRD.

No he isn't.
Yeah he is. He PMd me to say so.

Way to go!

Next up: Mirror images. My brother came up with the license plate number "TI3 V0M" -- which in the rearview mirror says "Move It"

Someone in Boston has "UPIHWI".

There's a woman in New Hampshire with "DOLCETT". The day I saw that, I discovered that Googling cryptic vanity plates can have surprising results...and that some people are WEIRD.

My Harley carries Alabama plate MI TYT.

Forum List

Back