Why Do People Support Trump?

It's simple. Trump is riding the wave of discontent Republican voters have with the Republican establishment. They're sick and tired of having bland, featureless, gentlemanly candidates who run away when the NYT threatens to call them a racist, bigot, homophobe who wears white after Labor Day.

The bottom line is this. A Trump presidency would be a crap shoot, a Hillary presidency would just be crap.
I agree with this statement. I see Hillary as likely continuing things as they are. Now, if you don't watch radical right wing news sources...you would realize that we are still one of the most powerful countries in the world. We are doing great. We have one of the strongest economies, we have THE strongest military, we have strong global influence...by most measures we would probably be in the top 5 strongest nations in the world. So, continuing the status quo, while concerning (with our debt, our recent lack of military modernization, a growing income inequality divide between the normal citizen and the hyper wealthy, etc.) is at least palatable.

On the other hand, Trump is a crap shoot. We really don't know what he is going to do in office. He could be okay for the country (there is almost no way he would do great as he has ostracized himself from both political parties and would have no legislative cooperation) or he could be so inane as to actually cause a civil war (this isn't outside the bounds of reality when you consider how divisive he is...people are both radically opposed to him and radically support him...he could likely be assassinated which would fuel, at the very least, many riots and protests and, at the very worst, outright civil conflict). Maybe it is just me, but I'd take an assured concerning status quo over the potential for having to literally barricade my own home and kill my neighbors.
I'm thinking the irony here is that both Clinton and Trump would probably end up being relatively moderate, pragmatic Presidents. Both of them are playing to their base, and both annoy the ideological purists in their parties. A bigger wild card is how congressional elections shake out.

In other words, I suspect the country would somehow manage to survive either of them.

:rolleyes-41:
Hillary will be corrupt as shit but very efficient. Trump will be a bull in a china shop because he is arrogant and ignorant. And we saw with Obama arrogant and ignorant are bad combinations.
I guess the unknown here is how Trump behaves behind closed doors. It's possible he's a perfectly normal adult back there. I'm holding out hope, I guess.

And yes, Hillary would be a machine, and not anywhere near the maniacal communist/Marxist/whatever-ist she's being painted as.
I hardly thnk it's unknown. He shoots from the lip and depends on others to clean up the mess. That would spell disaster in a president.
Yeah, I'm holding out hope, despite all the evidence....

I see here and elsewhere people who otherwise identify and conservative or Republican or both. Yet if you asked them even 9 months ago, would you support a life long Democrat who favors single payer healthcare, favors use of eminent domain for private gain, favors abortion, and has never held office they would answer a resounding NO.
And yet here they are supporting Trump, who is all those things and more. A man with professed intentions to commit war crimes, an idiot on foreign policy, a serial adulterer, a man who plays footsie with racists.
How to explain this?
some are racists and some are just stupid ans even more are idiot paulbots that are too high to think straight...The rest are democrats voting in our primary knowing that Trump is easy pickings for Hillary.

We should enforce our immigration laws and seal the border....You got a problem with that?

The Ironic thing is you can't see Trump is using hatred of Mexicans the way Hitler used hatred of Jews.

The ironic thing is you one of the biggest Jew haters on the board...Moron:slap:

You've been brainwashed by the Jewish media and are too stupid to realize it.

After the JEWS manipulated us into a war over a LIE.

You do get this, right? Those Americans would be alive today of the Jews hadn't lied about Iraq having WMD's to start with.

The Jews tell Bush to take out Saddam. He does. the result is the country collapses into chaos.

Obama pulls us out, because we were lied into this and no one saw a good reason for it.

And now you are complaining he isn't doing enough about the chaos your policies caused?

Really?

We should enforce our immigration laws and seal the border....You got a problem with that?

The Ironic thing is you can't see Trump is using hatred of Mexicans the way Hitler used hatred of Jews.
. That's funny, because Trump was working the Mexicans on his projects right, so he hates those who have helped him eh ? Your not making any sense, but of course your not, because your hatred for Trump is causing you to say anything and everything to try and defeat your biggest fears in life. I specifically heard Trump having a problem with Muslim refugee's coming into this nation because they can't be properly vetted, and he has a problem like millions more do with an open border that has facilitated an illegal invasion. Hate is what you libs do, and if someone wants to uphold the law, then you transfer that hate to those people, and even unjustifiably so, but you think the American people have been dumbed down enough to believe they are the problem instead of the problem. Don't you think that the American people have had enough of the LIB con by now ?
I see here and elsewhere people who otherwise identify and conservative or Republican or both. Yet if you asked them even 9 months ago, would you support a life long Democrat who favors single payer healthcare, favors use of eminent domain for private gain, favors abortion, and has never held office they would answer a resounding NO.
And yet here they are supporting Trump, who is all those things and more. A man with professed intentions to commit war crimes, an idiot on foreign policy, a serial adulterer, a man who plays footsie with racists.
How to explain this?
some are racists and some are just stupid ans even more are idiot paulbots that are too high to think straight...The rest are democrats voting in our primary knowing that Trump is easy pickings for Hillary.

Not racist, and not stupid. More like pissed off and willfully and blissfully ignorant.

. That's funny, because Trump was working the Mexicans on his projects right, so he hates those who have helped him eh ? Your not making any sense, but of course your not, because your hatred for Trump is causing you to say anything and everything to try and defeat your biggest fears in life. I specifically heard Trump having a problem with Muslim refugee's coming into this nation because they can't be properly vetted, and he has a problem like millions more do with an open border that has facilitated an illegal invasion. Hate is what you libs do, and if someone wants to uphold the law, then you transfer that hate to those people, and even unjustifiably so, but you think the American people have been dumbed down enough to believe they are the problem instead of the problem. Don't you think that the American people have had enough of the LIB con by now ?
How to explain this?

Not racist, and not stupid. More like pissed off and willfully and blissfully ignorant.
Nope I stick to my observation. It is a support of idiots who hate brown people and smoke to much pot and democrats.

How to explain this?
People want the 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens gone.

People want the Big Corporations to be forced to bring manufacturing jobs back on-shore.

People want the US to break away from NAFTA, TPP and similar treaties which harm the Middle Class.

Attila the Hun promises these things, when nobody else (who actually stands a snowball's-chance-in-hell of pulling it off) will.do so.

People see light at the end of the tunnel, in such promises, and do not see the forks in the tunnel-road that can lead into darkness.

You can't blame people for being drawn to the light, and fresh air.

Assuming that light and fresh air actually exist at the other end of that tunnel...
confused_smile.gif

If he promised a pony in every back yard, free trips to Monaco for you and your entire family, and that you’ll be able to retire by your next Birthday, could you blame people for believing those whoppers?

How to explain this?
Well, first of all if you're in such a position that eminent domain, abortion, and single payer healthcare are topping your priority list, congratulations. You're doing far better than 95% of Americans. The majority of Americans are far more concerned about illegal immigration, the porous border, jobs, and Isis. Having said that, let me start off by saying that I think the majority of Americans are neither strictly Democratic or Republican. We vote for whichever candidate best aligns with our core value systems. When forced to align with a particular party we pick the party who more closely represents our views as a general rule.
On to your objections and allegations regarding Donald Trump. You brought up war crimes, I assume you're referring to waterboarding and Obamas ban on it. First of all his ban is hardly credible and he only placed it to further coddle the terrorist organizations he REPEATEDLY aligns himself with at the expense of American soldiers, American citizens, and American lives. He frequently plays host to the Muslim Brotherhood who is without a doubt tied to terrorist organizations. It's been proven by the FBI. He's releasing terrorist from GITMO as we speak who have American blood on their hands. His ban on waterboarding had NOTHING to do with human rights. According to Obama human rights only apply to the Islamic community as is the belief of all Muslims. If it's fine with you that American citizens loose their lives so that poor Ahkmed doesn't feel discomfort then you're in a very small minority of people. I don't care that a couple of Obamas yes men have said that it doesn't work as a PR stunt to sell it to the liberals. It's been used for centuries. It does work, it has saved lives and it won't stay banned. So you needn't concern yourself with an American POTUS committing war crimes. Though I find it odd that you're unconcerned with the intentional disregard of genocide being committed against the Coptic Christians in Syria and other places in the Middle East by the current Administration. Or like Obama are you only concerned with the "human rights" of the Islamic community?
I am unsure what you dislike about Trumps foreign policy because you gave no specifics you simply called him an idiot. I tend to agree that NATO should be restructured and geared toward the new threats our Nation faces which is terrorism. I also agree that Russia can be a respected adversary, we needn't constantly be on to verge of war with them. "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer" makes perfect sense to me. I also agree that America has been footing the bill on trade deals with ALL Nations for far to long, we no longer have the money to eat losses on EVERY single deal we make. It's absurd. And I also feel that American interests far outweigh any International interests. Every other Nation on the planet takes care of itself FIRST, but America shouldn't? That's ridiculous.
Lastly, American culture is worth preserving. We do NOT owe anyone anything. For far to long America has allowed people to come to this Country and bent over backwards to accommodate them, at the expense of our culture and our way of life. No more. Coming to and becoming American is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. It's time that it be treated as such again. Which leads to the border. It's ludicrous for people to say it's racist to protect our borders LIKE EVERY OTHER NATION including Mexico to the south. Our sovereignty and the safety of our people comes before anyone's "feelings". However the waving of Mexican flags while screaming at Americans to "get out" of their own Country certainly makes me want to roll out the welcome mat. It matters little though because the bottom line is that Americans need jobs, and we should have first pick. If immigration is harmful to America, which at this point it is, it should stop. And I could go on and on but I need to ask, "If not America first" then who? Donald Trump isn't racist, you're confusing him for Hillary and her KKK contributing friend. He's NEVER said one thing that's racist

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How to explain this?
Well, first of all if you're in such a position that eminent domain, abortion, and single payer healthcare are topping your priority list, congratulations. You're doing far better than 95% of Americans. The majority of Americans are far more concerned about illegal immigration, the porous border, jobs, and Isis. Having said that, let me start off by saying that I think the majority of Americans are neither strictly Democratic or Republican. We vote for whichever candidate best aligns with our core value systems. When forced to align with a particular party we pick the party who more closely represents our views as a general rule.
On to your objections and allegations regarding Donald Trump. You brought up war crimes, I assume you're referring to waterboarding and Obamas ban on it. First of all his ban is hardly credible and he only placed it to further coddle the terrorist organizations he REPEATEDLY aligns himself with at the expense of American soldiers, American citizens, and American lives. He frequently plays host to the Muslim Brotherhood who is without a doubt tied to terrorist organizations. It's been proven by the FBI. He's releasing terrorist from GITMO as we speak who have American blood on their hands. His ban on waterboarding had NOTHING to do with human rights. According to Obama human rights only apply to the Islamic community as is the belief of all Muslims. If it's fine with you that American citizens loose their lives so that poor Ahkmed doesn't feel discomfort then you're in a very small minority of people. I don't care that a couple of Obamas yes men have said that it doesn't work as a PR stunt to sell it to the liberals. It's been used for centuries. It does work, it has saved lives and it won't stay banned. So you needn't concern yourself with an American POTUS committing war crimes. Though I find it odd that you're unconcerned with the intentional disregard of genocide being committed against the Coptic Christians in Syria and other places in the Middle East by the current Administration. Or like Obama are you only concerned with the "human rights" of the Islamic community?
I am unsure what you dislike about Trumps foreign policy because you gave no specifics you simply called him an idiot. I tend to agree that NATO should be restructured and geared toward the new threats our Nation faces which is terrorism. I also agree that Russia can be a respected adversary, we needn't constantly be on to verge of war with them. "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer" makes perfect sense to me. I also agree that America has been footing the bill on trade deals with ALL Nations for far to long, we no longer have the money to eat losses on EVERY single deal we make. It's absurd. And I also feel that American interests far outweigh any International interests. Every other Nation on the planet takes care of itself FIRST, but America shouldn't? That's ridiculous.
Lastly, American culture is worth preserving. We do NOT owe anyone anything. For far to long America has allowed people to come to this Country and bent over backwards to accommodate them, at the expense of our culture and our way of life. No more. Coming to and becoming American is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. It's time that it be treated as such again. Which leads to the border. It's ludicrous for people to say it's racist to protect our borders LIKE EVERY OTHER NATION including Mexico to the south. Our sovereignty and the safety of our people comes before anyone's "feelings". However the waving of Mexican flags while screaming at Americans to "get out" of their own Country certainly makes me want to roll out the welcome mat. It matters little though because the bottom line is that Americans need jobs, and we should have first pick. If immigration is harmful to America, which at this point it is, it should stop. And I could go on and on but I need to ask, "If not America first" then who? Donald Trump isn't racist, you're confusing him for Hillary and her KKK contributing friend. He's NEVER said one thing that's racist

Wow, some people have verbal diarrhea.

How to explain this?

If you didn't want the answer, why ask the question?

How to explain this?

He was hoping you’d put some thought behind it. For example, you may not know this but there is a submarine base in the Pacific. It’s pretty much in the middle of nowhere. NATO keeps it afloat. So when you pull out of NATO, our subsurface sailors will now have to go (days without replenishment of just basic stuff like fresh fruit and the like). That is during peace time. If hostility should break out, the wait becomes longer and they have to stretch their supplies even further including possibly compromising their positions.

It seems as though Trump supporters walk around in this mist thinking that the US gets no benefit from any of these agreements.

It’s a special brand of ignorance you should be ashamed of.

oT41FYI.jpg

How to explain this?

People want the Big Corporations to be forced to bring manufacturing jobs back on-shore.

People want the US to break away from NAFTA, TPP and similar treaties which harm the Middle Class.

Attila the Hun promises these things, when nobody else (who actually stands a snowball's-chance-in-hell of pulling it off) will.do so.

People see light at the end of the tunnel, in such promises, and do not see the forks in the tunnel-road that can lead into darkness.

Assuming that light and fresh air actually exist at the other end of that tunnel...
confused_smile.gif

If he promised a pony in every back yard, free trips to Monaco for you and your entire family, and that you’ll be able to retire by your next Birthday, could you blame people for believing those whoppers?
But that's not what he's promising...

He's promising to flush the Beaners, ban the Muzzies, and bring jobs back on-shore... all do-able... assuming that America wishes to do those things.

How to explain this?

He was hoping you’d put some thought behind it. For example, you may not know this but there is a submarine base in the Pacific. It’s pretty much in the middle of nowhere. NATO keeps it afloat. So when you pull out of NATO, our subsurface sailors will now have to go (days without replenishment of just basic stuff like fresh fruit and the like). That is during peace time. If hostility should break out, the wait becomes longer and they have to stretch their supplies even further including possibly compromising their positions.

It seems as though Trump supporters walk around in this mist thinking that the US gets no benefit from any of these agreements.

oT41FYI.jpg
Don't look now, but much of America has stopped listening to you (Liberals)...

You've had your turn at-bat... top of the next inning, coming up... grab your mitts and take the field.

How to explain this?

confused_smile.gif

But that's not what he's promising...

He's promising to flush the Beaners, ban the Muzzies, and bring jobs back on-shore... all do-able... assuming that America wishes to do those things.

He’s promising so much more than that:

11. "I will take care of women, and I have great respect for women. I do cherish women, and I will take care of women.”

Your move.

How to explain this?

oT41FYI.jpg

You've had your turn at-bat... top of the next inning, coming up... grab your mitts and take the field.

Yet here you are.

Just out of curiosity…when Trump was mocking the reporter’s birth defect…were you ashamed of him?

oT41FYI.jpg

Yet here you are.

Just out of curiosity…when Trump was mocking the reporter’s birth defect…were you ashamed of him?
He wasn't mocking him, he was mocking the idiocy of the question he was asking. So since you think you've the moral fortitude to stand in judgement of others, who's the pure soul you support? Or are all candidates so far beneath you that you've waived your voting privileges for this election cycle?

How to explain this?

It doesn't have anything to do with policy, or politics, or anything that has to do with substance; it's about reality TV.

Trump might end up being the first celebrity apprentice president.

And by the way, Trump said nothing about pulling out of NATO. You people never cease to amaze me. You can't hold an intelligent conversation with anyone without attacking them personally. Any time someone has an opinion that you don't want to hear, or you disagree with it's because they're not "thinking" about your point of view. Run to your safe space hypocrite, you're far to "tolerant" for this adult to waste anymore time one. Continue to hate though, it's apparently the the quality you feel worth sharing.

...Yet here you are. Just out of curiosity…when Trump was mocking the reporter’s birth defect…were you ashamed of him?
Doesn't matter in the slightest... eight years of Liberal Agenda legal wins have driven America to this Reaction.

Enjoy.

oT41FYI.jpg

Yet here you are.

He wasn't mocking him, he was mocking the idiocy of the question he was asking. So since you think you've the moral fortitude to stand in judgement of others, who's the pure soul you support? Or are all candidates so far beneath you that you've waived your voting privileges for this election cycle?

And this is why Trump supporters are thought of as pure idiots.

Drumpf precisely mimics the muscle spasams and disability of a reporter who questions him. And you rush to his defense knowing full well you're lying through your teeth.

But lets look at what you wrote. You say, "he was mocking the idiocy of the question he was asking. " Okay fine. How many other times after this episode has Drumpf acted the same way when talking about a reporter's question? Zero. Care to explain err....make standard excuse.

And by the way, Trump said nothing about pulling out of NATO. You people never cease to amaze me. You can't hold an intelligent conversation with anyone without attacking them personally. Any time someone has an opinion that you don't want to hear, or you disagree with it's because they're not "thinking" about your point of view. Run to your safe space hypocrite, you're far to "tolerant" for this adult to waste anymore time one. Continue to hate though, it's apparently the the quality you feel worth sharing.

"NATO is obsolete". Quote from Drumpf. So he wants us to continue to be part of something that is "obsolete"?

Forum List

Back