Why do people talk about "liberal bias" when the phrase is technically an oxymoron?

Nice try at avoidance. Again, prove me wrong.

:wtf:

No, I won't prove you wrong. Such a demand is logically invalid. You are making an argument to ignorance. I don't have to prove you wrong, you need to support your own position and prove it right. Otherwise, you are simply spouting bullshit.

That is incorrect. I don't have to support what is already common knowledge. What? You didn't know that the Republican Party is run by old white guys? Huh. Take a look at the leadership, dude.

Republican National Leadership GOP

See much racial diversity? Now take a look at the rank and file members?

mitt_whites_rect-460x307.jpg

Again, see much diversity? I rest my case.

The GOP is not to blame for getting the minorities votes for government goodies.
Heck who wants to work when you can do whatever you want all day.

So what you are saying is that you agree with the "fuck the minorities and the poor, they are just steerage" attitude of the GOP. Got it. You realize that that attitude was best express in the Movie "Titanic", right? And as I recall, that ship also went down. :)

Nope!!
I agree with helping them out of poverty by giving them a good education so that they can get good productive jobs and have freedom.
Same as the GOP
P.S. What you are spouting is the lefties lies about the GOP.
Guess What?
The Left lie to the voters too.

And under the various (liberal) civil rights acts of the last 50 years, many have received a good education and found productive jobs. But the poor are not some snap shot of people who you can help and that is the end of it. Until the social and economic conditions that create poverty to begin with are eliminated, you will always have this problem. And likely it will never be gotten rid of entirely. I believe most of it can be eliminated. So I guess I am a liberal, eh? Many Republicans and conservatives, particularly on this forum, just don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. When half of the political leadership has this attitude, is it any wonder there are so many poor in this country?

I'm not though. I'm generally opposed to authority, especially self-granted authority. However, I recognize that we need a government given authority by mutual consent to enforce our rights and ensure that no interest becomes too powerful and no person gets left behind. Equality and freedom are the hallmarks of liberalism and so I'm proud to accept the title of liberal.

Equality and freedom are the hallmarks of liberalism and so I'm proud to accept the title of liberal.

Beg to differ ... Ignorance and enslavement are the hallmarks of American Liberals. Liberals are a bumbleclot of narrow minded short sighted people who can't see past the ends of their noses.

They seek to create equality - they create and feed slovenly ethics and enslavement to entitlement.

They create division and strife and feed and bolster the divisions that permeate our society. They enable the ignorant and greedy to parasitize the productive and generous to the point where their productivity and generosity is worn thread bare. They open the gates to the fortress and allow our enemies to flood into the encampment to slaughter us - they are a twisted, ignorant and foolhardy lot those Liberals

Right. That would explain why the democratic party is composed of people from all walks of life while the GOP is composed primarily of old white guys. The fact is that you so-called conservatives are deathly afraid of multiculturalism, the idea that multiple ethnic groups can live together and get along, create a new peaceful world where people of all races and creeds can be successful. How else to explain your xenophobic statement, above?

Reductio ad absurdum

I would have to agree that the GOP platform is and has long been absurd. :)

You agree with yourself? Intellectual masturbation?

Argument by gibberish. Congratulations.

:wtf:

No, I won't prove you wrong. Such a demand is logically invalid. You are making an argument to ignorance. I don't have to prove you wrong, you need to support your own position and prove it right. Otherwise, you are simply spouting bullshit.

That is incorrect. I don't have to support what is already common knowledge. What? You didn't know that the Republican Party is run by old white guys? Huh. Take a look at the leadership, dude.

The GOP is not to blame for getting the minorities votes for government goodies.

So what you are saying is that you agree with the "fuck the minorities and the poor, they are just steerage" attitude of the GOP. Got it. You realize that that attitude was best express in the Movie "Titanic", right? And as I recall, that ship also went down. :)

Nope!!
I agree with helping them out of poverty by giving them a good education so that they can get good productive jobs and have freedom.
Same as the GOP
Guess What?

And under the various (liberal) civil rights acts of the last 50 years, many have received a good education and found productive jobs. But the poor are not some snap shot of people who you can help and that is the end of it. Until the social and economic conditions that create poverty to begin with are eliminated, you will always have this problem. And likely it will never be gotten rid of entirely. I believe most of it can be eliminated. So I guess I am a liberal, eh? Many Republicans and conservatives, particularly on this forum, just don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. When half of the political leadership has this attitude, is it any wonder there are so many poor in this country?

The social and economic conditions that create poverty will never be eliminated.
History has proven that no matter what types of Governments are in place, it never fully eliminates poverty and the bigger the government, the less the masses have and the poorer they become.
You are seeing that right now as the Government grew over the last 50 years the less disposable income people have.
Even in cave man times there was the leader who had the best of everything and the rest just shared everything.
Capitalism is not perfect but it has proved to be the best system so far to get people out of poverty, not the government.

Nope!!
Same as the GOP
Guess What?

The social and economic conditions that create poverty will never be eliminated.
History has proven that no matter what types of Governments are in place, it never fully eliminates poverty and the bigger the government, the less the masses have and the poorer they become.
You are seeing that right now as the Government grew over the last 50 years the less disposable income people have.
Even in cave man times there was the leader who had the best of everything and the rest just shared everything.
Capitalism is not perfect but it has proved to be the best system so far to get people out of poverty, not the government.

But the problem is that we not only don't have Capitalism, a Democracy, nor even a Republic. What we have is an oligarchy. And as long as the 1% defy the 99%, things will never be settled or get better for the vast masses of Americans.

But the problem is that we not only don't have Capitalism, a Democracy, nor even a Republic. What we have is an oligarchy. And as long as the 1% defy the 99%, things will never be settled or get better for the vast masses of Americans.

Stop indulging yourself, drama queen.

Nope!!
Same as the GOP
Guess What?

I totally agree with you.

Gee, an ad hominem. Is that all you've got? I've seen you post elsewhere. That seems to be all you have wherever you post. Do you actually have anything of value to add to the discussion? Or do you intend to continue trolling?

The US is an oligarchy study concludes - Telegraph
The US is an oligarchy, study concludes
Report by researchers from Princeton and Northwestern universities suggests that US political system serves special interest organizations, instead of voters.
The US government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens, but is instead ruled by those of the rich and powerful, a new study from Princeton and Northwestern Universities has concluded.

Beg to differ ... Ignorance and enslavement are the hallmarks of American Liberals. Liberals are a bumbleclot of narrow minded short sighted people who can't see past the ends of their noses.

They seek to create equality - they create and feed slovenly ethics and enslavement to entitlement.

They create division and strife and feed and bolster the divisions that permeate our society. They enable the ignorant and greedy to parasitize the productive and generous to the point where their productivity and generosity is worn thread bare. They open the gates to the fortress and allow our enemies to flood into the encampment to slaughter us - they are a twisted, ignorant and foolhardy lot those Liberals

Right. That would explain why the democratic party is composed of people from all walks of life while the GOP is composed primarily of old white guys. The fact is that you so-called conservatives are deathly afraid of multiculturalism, the idea that multiple ethnic groups can live together and get along, create a new peaceful world where people of all races and creeds can be successful. How else to explain your xenophobic statement, above?

Reductio ad absurdum

So you come back with a playground response, which I made fun of, and you didn't get it. Quite the intellectual you are.

Reductio ad absurdum

So you come back with a playground response, which I made fun of, and you didn't get it. Quite the intellectual you are.

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks. :)

Forum List

Back