Why do republicans continue to delude themselves by believing they are Christian?

It's a bunch of stupid sayings, I don't need that part explained to me, What I need explained to me is how any of this matters in the real world?

Dear Taz
Here is some of the real world wisdom in the Bible that has the greatest impact that multiplies and spreads when people actually embrace and enforce it in our relationship with each other as neighbors in Christ or by Conscience and law:

1. Correct your own faults and biases before helping a neighbor fix theirs - this is a commonly cited verse in Mark Luke and Matthew that is easy to say but hard to practice unless both sides agree to help each other fix faults dividing them

2. The more we forgive the more wisdom blessings and rewards we receive . In the Bible this is stated as we must forgive if we are to be forgiven. It doesn't explain all the benefits that follow from agreeing to forgive. That gets learned from experience. When we don't forgive we suffer worse results. Forgiveness is the greatest act of charity of all. Christian's Cal this grace, that exists and is ours fir the asking. Ask and we shall receive.

3. When 2 or 3 agree in Christ or by conscience, then the truth can be established to restore good faith relations peace and justice between people as neighbors. When we do this collectively it unites and heals communities and humanity as the church body. This is what it means for the people to be saved from suffering death and destruction by receiving Christ Jesus, or Restorative Justice, which rights all wrongs and heals all wounds. So this brings lasting peace and justice or the kingdom of God which is heaven on Earth.
Man, that sure is a lot of fartsmoke this early in the morning. Were you eating beans last night? :biggrin:

So then why do religious people attack others, like with the US military?
Good Lord, is there anything you don't blame religion for?
You're both saying that your religion leads to peace and harmony. All the wars past and current waged by Christians would dispute that. You just can't handle the truth.
Within yourself.
Oh, so killing others is cool. :cuckoo:

Dear Taz
Here is some of the real world wisdom in the Bible that has the greatest impact that multiplies and spreads when people actually embrace and enforce it in our relationship with each other as neighbors in Christ or by Conscience and law:

1. Correct your own faults and biases before helping a neighbor fix theirs - this is a commonly cited verse in Mark Luke and Matthew that is easy to say but hard to practice unless both sides agree to help each other fix faults dividing them

2. The more we forgive the more wisdom blessings and rewards we receive . In the Bible this is stated as we must forgive if we are to be forgiven. It doesn't explain all the benefits that follow from agreeing to forgive. That gets learned from experience. When we don't forgive we suffer worse results. Forgiveness is the greatest act of charity of all. Christian's Cal this grace, that exists and is ours fir the asking. Ask and we shall receive.

3. When 2 or 3 agree in Christ or by conscience, then the truth can be established to restore good faith relations peace and justice between people as neighbors. When we do this collectively it unites and heals communities and humanity as the church body. This is what it means for the people to be saved from suffering death and destruction by receiving Christ Jesus, or Restorative Justice, which rights all wrongs and heals all wounds. So this brings lasting peace and justice or the kingdom of God which is heaven on Earth.
Man, that sure is a lot of fartsmoke this early in the morning. Were you eating beans last night? :biggrin:

You're both saying that your religion leads to peace and harmony. All the wars past and current waged by Christians would dispute that. You just can't handle the truth.
Within yourself.
It's about inner peace. You don't seem to be at peace, Taz.

Within yourself.
Phew! Good thing you moved the goalposts, it was getting uncomfortable for you to stay on topic.

Within yourself.
Phew! Good thing you moved the goalposts, it was getting uncomfortable for you to stay on topic.
I didn't move the goalposts. I corrected the flaw in your statement.

You have a nasty habit of doing that.

Within yourself.

So you're saying that religion DOESN'T lead to peace and harmony within society, but just on a personal level?

Within yourself.

So you're saying that religion DOESN'T lead to peace and harmony within society, but just on a personal level?
You are doing it again, Taz.

........ All the wars past and current waged by Christians would dispute that. ......

For centuries "Christian" has been a misapplied (ignorantly or deliberately) label. Actual followers of the NT revealed Christ have never waged temporal wars.

You got caught in another bullshit moment, and you can't explain your way out of it. Pretty funny stuff. :biggrin:

You got caught in another bullshit moment, and you can't explain your way out of it. Pretty funny stuff. :biggrin:
I am more than happy for you to see it that way, Taz. :wink:

You said "It's about inner peace." So it's not about peace in society.

You get to inner peace in society one person at a time, Taz.

So why doesn't society all have this inner peace. Your shit don't work?

Because there are other people like you who exist and behave as you do.

So it doesn't work. Got it.

Not in everyone, Taz.

Not in everyone, Taz.
So it doesn't bring peace to society. Got it.

Not in everyone, Taz.
Not as long as we have people who behave as you do, Taz.

Not in everyone, Taz.
So your theory doesn't work because of me. :biggrin:

Not in everyone, Taz.
So your theory doesn't work because of me. :biggrin:
It's not my theory, Taz. It is reality and it would work for you too if you had faith.

Forum List

Back