Why do Republicans feel they should be respected when they have no respect for anyone else?

I'm curious. The US just signed a treaty with Iran and a half dozen other countries.

No, we did not. See Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution.

A treaty requires the support of two thirds of the Senate.
What about all the other countries? Don't they count?
Irrelevant.

The United States cannot enter into a treaty without the consent of at least two thirds of the Senate. Nothing that any other country does has any bearing on this.

I'm curious. The US just signed a treaty with Iran and a half dozen other countries. Republicans act as if it were between Obama and Iran. So disrespectful of our allies.

And you know there are many other examples where Republicans refuse to show respect that have been listed here before with examples.

And Republicans are angry they aren't respected. But who do they respect?

Once again you start your post with a flat out lie. Constitutionally a treaty requires 67 affirmative votes in the US Senate to ratify. Your dear leader went out of his way to avoid calling this pile of crap a treaty, knowing it would never be ratified. So how about you get back to us when you get your facts straight.

What they call respect is actually fear, it's why they absolutely suck at foreign policy.

Yeah Obungles has done so well in the ME, list of fails...Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Libya. Russia owns him and Europe thinks he is a joke
Last time I checked America's president is not emperor of the world but you clearly demonstrated my point. You apparently think things would be better if he went around issuing threats and ultimatums to friend and foe alike. Your hero George Bush exemplified the conservative foreign policy philosophy and even our allies hated his fucking guts.

Is Obama's foreign policy a disaster or not? Did he fail in Syria, Egypt, Iraq and Libya? Of course he did. Putin does as he pleases, Obama draws red lines and Putin and others laugh at him. He's a disaster...nothing more and nothing less
Well hell, I guess we just don't have enough wars to make you happy these days, explain why we should be the world's policeman? Personally I feel the world should learn to solve it's own problems without the US butting into every little thing.

We shouldn't be the worlds policeman any more than we should be the worlds homeless shelter. But when you have a country bent on getting nuclear weapons and delivery systems, who have sworn our destruction, you can't just sit on your hands.

Last edited:
...We shouldn't be the worlds policeman any more than we should be the worlds homeless shelter. But when you have a country bent on getting nuclear weapons and delivery systems, who have sworn our destruction, you can't just sit on your hands.
Disagree...

Metaphorically speaking...

It has been done before...
wink_smile.gif

neville-chamberlai_1000460c.jpg

I'm curious. The US just signed a treaty with Iran and a half dozen other countries. Republicans act as if it were between Obama and Iran. So disrespectful of our allies.

And you know there are many other examples where Republicans refuse to show respect that have been listed here before with examples.

Good question.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

We are not sheep like you people are, we don't just do something because others are doing it. We believe this is not a good deal for us and we reject it. How does our ally Israel feel about this "deal"?
Feelings, nothing but, feelings.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

What they call respect is actually fear, it's why they absolutely suck at foreign policy.

Yeah Obungles has done so well in the ME, list of fails...Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Libya. Russia owns him and Europe thinks he is a joke
Last time I checked America's president is not emperor of the world but you clearly demonstrated my point. You apparently think things would be better if he went around issuing threats and ultimatums to friend and foe alike. Your hero George Bush exemplified the conservative foreign policy philosophy and even our allies hated his fucking guts.

Is Obama's foreign policy a disaster or not? Did he fail in Syria, Egypt, Iraq and Libya? Of course he did. Putin does as he pleases, Obama draws red lines and Putin and others laugh at him. He's a disaster...nothing more and nothing less
Well hell, I guess we just don't have enough wars to make you happy these days, explain why we should be the world's policeman? Personally I feel the world should learn to solve it's own problems without the US butting into every little thing.

We shouldn't be the worlds policeman any more than we should be the worlds homeless shelter. But when you have a country bent on getting nuclear weapons and delivery systems, who have sworn our destruction, you can't just sit on your hands.
Like with Bush, the GOP and North Korea?

I'm curious. The US just signed a treaty with Iran and a half dozen other countries.

Irrelevant.

The United States cannot enter into a treaty without the consent of at least two thirds of the Senate. Nothing that any other country does has any bearing on this.
So the other countries irrelevant?

One of the biggest impediments this country faces in dealing with its various problems right now, maybe THE biggest impediment, is the fact that the hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends of the spectrum insist on behaving like petulant children rather than mature adults.

And they KNOW it.

I've yet to find a reason you deserve respect. Many other lefties on this board have ny respect.
The only reason you're not on ignore is a daily laugh is good for me

The only reason people threatening with IGNORE are pussies and weak...You come to Internet and you expect the brutality of Internet not by choice. If you can't stand it then go to gardening section or Get the fuck out.
Get bent loser. People of no character that post nonsensical gibberish are not going to clutter the threads with their trolling as long as the ignore feature exists.
Or are you gonna tell me the shit guno or shootspeeders posts is worth your time?

Idiot
You are not worth my time either just like Stephanie BUT that doesn't mean I will ignore you or Stephanie. Because this is the world where you or I get into.

Tell me exactly what Obama has done that you consider good foreign policy? The entire ME is inflamed, he gave up the farm with the Iran deal, he's alienated Israel, our ally. Putin does what he pleases, etc. etc. You must live in an alternate universe

all the Obots live in some other world. realty would burst that bubble they have of him. and also, they would have to live with how he lied to them. just like he did the rest of us

The Obots are past annoying, 2017 can't come soon enough

Sassy... I asked you a question... Where did Obama draw a line against Putin? Since you brought it up... Can you answer your dunce statement? Maybe you can ask your buddy Stephanoski.
"Again Vladimir Putin is flagrantly disregarding the warnings and “red lines” of the Obama administration. He has reason to do so: President Obama also doesn’t observe them. Despite Mr. Kerry’s clear words, sanctions that have been prepared against cronies of Mr. Putin and companies involved in his Ukraine adventure remain on ice at the White House, where they have languished for more than a week. When asked Monday how much longer they would be held back, White House spokesman Jay Carney said, “I don’t have an end date for you.”

For weeks Mr. Obama has held back on forceful measures against Mr. Putin’s aggression in Ukraine on the theory that a measured approach matched with diplomacy would yield results. The policy has failed. Now Mr. Obama must act — or doom Ukraine to dismemberment.

President Obama, disregarding his own ‘red line,’ dithers on Ukraine

I see Misty schooled you. Thanks Misty
You need someone to help you? You accused me one time that "I know everything". No I don't know everything. The only and only reason I asked you this red line is because I thought you were talking about the red line regarding Syria.

Irrelevant.

What relevance do you think other countries can or should have, on the internal politics of this country, and on the process by which we approve treaties?

Irrelevant.

What relevance do you think other countries can or should have, on the internal politics of this country, and on the process by which we approve treaties?
Uh, hello, knock knock. We didn't just sign a treaty with Iran. We signed it with all those countries involved. So obviously, we can't sign a treaty with multiple countries and then decide later who is irrelevant. Did that really need to be explained?

...We shouldn't be the worlds policeman any more than we should be the worlds homeless shelter. But when you have a country bent on getting nuclear weapons and delivery systems, who have sworn our destruction, you can't just sit on your hands.
Disagree...

Metaphorically speaking...

It has been done before...
wink_smile.gif

neville-chamberlai_1000460c.jpg

And what were the costs?

Irrelevant.

Uh, hello, knock knock. We didn't just sign a treaty with Iran. We signed it with all those countries involved. So obviously, we can't sign a treaty with multiple countries and then decide later who is irrelevant. Did that really need to be explained?

So you're saying it takes 67 votes in the Senate before the agreement goes into force?

Yep, big mistake. Didn't think I would say that did ya?

And with which of these countries did we get two thirds of the Senate to approve any such treaty, as required by the Constitution?

So you're saying it takes 67 votes in the Senate before the agreement goes into force?

Here is Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution.

Section. 2.The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

Yep, big mistake. Didn't think I would say that did ya?
North Korea didn't sign an agreement with half a dozen other countries.

Forum List

Back