Why do republicans pretend they are "true Christians"?

So...you tell us. What is christianity?
It's not big government. It's you the individual. You don't get any special favor from God for voting that other people get their money taken from them to help the poor or the sick. It's what you as an individual has done. Being a good person loses all of it's meaning if you aren't the one actually doing anything. Simply voting for someone else to do the job benefits you in no way.

Being a good person involves being good in all aspects of your life, including politically. It means not voting for things which will actively harm those who are less fortunate than yourself, because YOU personally might have to pay into it.

It is doing for others what you would like them to do for you.

Jesus said that which you have done to the least of my people, you have done to me. So your feeling that your taxes shouldn't go to put food on the tables of the poor is noted.

The hatred of conservatives to those who have been most used and most exploited, while heaping praise and all honours on those who exploit the poor, is really unfathomable. You worship the rich who are bleeding the middle class white, while wanting the kick the poor while they're down.

Very, very Christian of you. Worshipping at the God of money while decrying the sloth of the poor.
Since when do you leftists give a shit about the poor? You clowns spout this sewage on the prefix of gaining more power over the unfortunate. There's a fine line between being poor and being lazy, unmotivated society suckers.
Get off your couch, look out your window, and have a look at what's really going on.
After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:
Must be society's fault. I could have been poor. I'm glad I decided otherwise.
God will not be amused. You vote for the party that makes life as difficult as possible for the nonrich, so that's what it is. People don't change, their opportunity does, hater dupe.

I always find it hilarious when loons try and judge someones christian beliefs based on their political views.
This is about judging your political views based on your christian beliefs. You and the New BS GOP fail abysmally.
Can we then say your political views are based on your not so Christian beliefs? It would explain a lot. Your stance on government over God, abortion isn't really killing a child. I suppose we can say the two parties divide like this according to your posts and I'm sure you won't disagree.

Republican's- God's party
Democrats- Satan's party
The SC says 3 months not a child. How bout taking good care of children then?- liar about me. The gov't GOD WANTS, dupe. Not this disgraceful GOP pander to the rich mess, dupe.
Many who are arguing for government involvement in ta king care of the poor because it's the Christian thing to do would love to see the end of Christianity and let the Government replace God.
Is there any doubt Franco worships at the alter of democrat politicians?
Altar of facts and issues, dupe. I've got nothing against the church if it doesn't interfere with good gov't. It's too often the opium of the duped masses. About the only thing Marx got right- oh the rights of workers and the poor ...

I always find it hilarious when loons try and judge someones christian beliefs based on their political views.
This is about judging your political views based on your christian beliefs. You and the New BS GOP fail abysmally.
Can we then say your political views are based on your not so Christian beliefs? It would explain a lot. Your stance on government over God, abortion isn't really killing a child. I suppose we can say the two parties divide like this according to your posts and I'm sure you won't disagree.

Democrats- Satan's party
The SC says 3 months not a child. How bout taking good care of children then?- liar about me. The gov't GOD WANTS, dupe. Not this disgraceful GOP pander to the rich mess, dupe.
You let me know when the 9 SC justices can over ride God. That should prove to be an interesting day.
So God talks to you? LOL. Ever heard of separation of church and state, dupe of the greedy idiot rich?

It's not big government. It's you the individual. You don't get any special favor from God for voting that other people get their money taken from them to help the poor or the sick. It's what you as an individual has done. Being a good person loses all of it's meaning if you aren't the one actually doing anything. Simply voting for someone else to do the job benefits you in no way.

Being a good person involves being good in all aspects of your life, including politically. It means not voting for things which will actively harm those who are less fortunate than yourself, because YOU personally might have to pay into it.

Jesus said that which you have done to the least of my people, you have done to me. So your feeling that your taxes shouldn't go to put food on the tables of the poor is noted.

The hatred of conservatives to those who have been most used and most exploited, while heaping praise and all honours on those who exploit the poor, is really unfathomable. You worship the rich who are bleeding the middle class white, while wanting the kick the poor while they're down.

Very, very Christian of you. Worshipping at the God of money while decrying the sloth of the poor.
Since when do you leftists give a shit about the poor? You clowns spout this sewage on the prefix of gaining more power over the unfortunate. There's a fine line between being poor and being lazy, unmotivated society suckers.
Get off your couch, look out your window, and have a look at what's really going on.
After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:
God will not be amused. You vote for the party that makes life as difficult as possible for the nonrich, so that's what it is. People don't change, their opportunity does, hater dupe.
You're in the party that makes sure the poor stay poor. You need the votes. How's that going to work out for you?

Well, that's not fair.

Progressives care immensely about the poor! Every election cycle! Why Hillary Clinton has proven that she cares so much that she not only carries hot sauce in her purse but also can speak Southern.

Check their positions and the facts someday, dupe.

"I know, a tax cut for the rich!"- New BS GOP. Go pray in church, then, dupes.

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-c...lity-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

Democrats- Satan's party
Many who are arguing for government involvement in ta king care of the poor because it's the Christian thing to do would love to see the end of Christianity and let the Government replace God.
Altar of facts and issues, dupe. I've got nothing against the church if it doesn't interfere with good gov't. It's too often the opium of the duped masses. About the only thing Marx got right- oh the rights of workers and the poor ...
Why is it you people always call good government the opposite of good religion? It's like you think the government should always be the opposite of morals. Is that how you justify the lying, the abortions, the failed policies and the adherence to failure? You can't have good government without Christian values. It's impossible.

Democrats- Satan's party
And there you have it! Good government is more important than the church.

He didn't demand that the poor either come up with something or starve.

Actually he did.

Democrats- Satan's party
Never mind the fact you can't have a good government without the Christian's.

You're in the party that makes sure the poor stay poor. You need the votes. How's that going to work out for you?
Total dupe.^^ I know, a giant tax cut for the rich!- New bs GOP. I'm happy you do charity work-always a place for it- but no substitute for good gov't- which is NOT the New BS GOP. DUHHH.

Over the past 35. years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-c...lity-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

I suppose they worship their own version of Jesus. Republican Jesus!

I've read the Bible, and I've never seen where Jesus called for Single Payer, or Jesus calling for their nation's leader, Tiberius, to fund abortions, or provide funding to Meals on Wheels Chariot service, or to fund public schools.

Total dupe.^^ I know, a giant tax cut for the rich!- New bs GOP. I'm happy you do charity work-always a place for it- but no substitute for good gov't- which is NOT the New BS GOP. DUHHH.

Over the past 35. years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = FRB: Z.1 Release - Financial Accounts of the United States - Current Release
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Yep, you left wingers haven't done very well over time. Kind of crazy how the more left wing ideologies we implement the worse things get. Actually it's not all that surprising.

It's always so edgy when an anti-Christian posts a funny picture like they have any clue what Christianity is.

Really? You seem kind of like a half ass Christian looking to foist your responsability on others. Like paying taxes is good enough for you. Are you sure your interview with the Lord is going to go very easy if your answer to the question if you helped the poor is you paid your taxes? I'm sure you could follow that answer up with well the Republican's voted against those taxes. That sounds like a winning line right there. Good luck with that.

And as usual MIke, you would be wrong. We took a homeless pregnant girl into our home and had her stay with us until her baby was born and placed for adoption, and she could get on her feet and get a job. In fact, a friend only agreed to become my roommate on the condition that I was not allowed to "take in strays", because my history and reputation is one of kindess and generosity. I agreed to the condition, only to have my roommate bring home a friend who had nowhere to go. In the early years of our marriage, we helped out neighbours and members of our community whenever possible. We fostered a young victim of child abuse and kept her from being placed in an institution.

One summer we took four children aged 8 - 10 to our cottage in the Muskokas. One one of the kids was ours. The other three were being raised by single mothers in the neighbourhood, and would otherwise have not had an opportunity to get out of the city.

Throughout my daughter's high school years, it was not unusual to a friend of hers staying with us until things were sorted out at home.

That's in addition to serving as an Elder at my church, and working full time. Christianity and Christian are not something I talk about a lot, but Christianity is a way of life, not just a religion. Doing unto others as I would like them to do for me isn't just nice notion. It's a personal choice.

My political choices reflect both my beliefs and my life. I believe I am my brother's keeper, and that every human being on this earth is my brother. I support the government doing what it can, because I can't do it all, and they have far more resources and reach than I do, and our people should always come first.

Democrats- Satan's party
They're both important, dolt of the greedy idiot megarich GOP.
Spot the problem?

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

4 = FRB: Z.1 Release - Financial Accounts of the United States - Current Release

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

Yep, you left wingers haven't done very well over time. Kind of crazy how the more left wing ideologies we implement the worse things get. Actually it's not all that surprising.
It's been ALL GOP policy the last 35 years, dupe. Except ACA. And you're for ANOTHER tax cut for the rich. Ay caramba.

Bottom line: There are people trying to use Jesus as a reason to promote expanding government that are most likely not Christians and who don't have a clue about who Jesus is or represents.

It's always so edgy when an anti-Christian posts a funny picture like they have any clue what Christianity is.

Really? You seem kind of like a half ass Christian looking to foist your responsability on others. Like paying taxes is good enough for you. Are you sure your interview with the Lord is going to go very easy if your answer to the question if you helped the poor is you paid your taxes? I'm sure you could follow that answer up with well the Republican's voted against those taxes. That sounds like a winning line right there. Good luck with that.

And as usual MIke, you would be wrong. We took a homeless pregnant girl into our home and had her stay with us until her baby was born and placed for adoption, and she could get on her feet and get a job. In fact, a friend only agreed to become my roommate on the condition that I was not allowed to "take in strays", because my history and reputation is one of kindess and generosity. I agreed to the condition, only to have my roommate bring home a friend who had nowhere to go. In the early years of our marriage, we helped out neighbours and members of our community whenever possible. We fostered a young victim of child abuse and kept her from being placed in an institution.

One summer we took four children aged 8 - 10 to our cottage in the Muskokas. One one of the kids was ours. The other three were being raised by single mothers in the neighbourhood, and would otherwise have not had an opportunity to get out of the city.

Throughout my daughter's high school years, it was not unusual to a friend of hers staying with us until things were sorted out at home.

That's in addition to serving as an Elder at my church, and working full time. Christianity and Christian are not something I talk about a lot, but Christianity is a way of life, not just a religion. Doing unto others as I would like them to do for me isn't just nice notion. It's a personal choice.

My political choices reflect both my beliefs and my life. I believe I am my brother's keeper, and that every human being on this earth is my brother. I support the government doing what it can, because I can't do it all, and they have far more resources and reach than I do, and our people should always come first.
Canada, recently ranked #1 country. Here, a gd pander to the rich GOP/dupe mess. Great job!

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

I guess you didn't notice that everything changed after REAGAN was elected and changed the tax code. It wasn't liberal policies that did this, it was REAGAN'S TAX CODE.

Bottom line: There are people trying to use Jesus as a reason to promote expanding government that are most likely not Christians and who don't have a clue about who Jesus is or represents.
You're a gd idiot, dupe. Keep voting for the greedy idiot rich. Can you spot when Reaganism wrecked the middle class and the country? Funny how the gov't grows less and services rise under Dems, dupe?

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

Jesus didn't care about the money, FEEDING THE POOR was the point.

But The New Conservative Bible calls on all believers to reject Christ and step on the poor. If churches helped the poor enough the government wouldn't have to. Tell us when that day will arrive as we've waited 240 years and so far zippo.
Actually, the reason churches can't do more is because the government told them they can't. They said they would fix all of this. They're doing a fine job aren't they?
Churches NEVER did the job, just made selfish a-holes feel better...The gov't is doing a good job in all modern countries BUT pander to the rich dupy New bs GOP America.

Read the facts:After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!!
How can you be a selfish a-hole while donating your time and money directly to the people that need it through your church? How is that possible? It's your own time and money. Point out the greed and selfishness here.
Charity doesn't work. Dries up when needed, huge waste.
Taxes don't? You may want to check out our debt clock.
We just spent 8 trillion bailing out banks etc and the victims of the corrupt GOP's meltdown DUH. Charity went nowhere.

Forum List

Back