Why do some take belief in Global Warming as a political issue?

You guys are a lot of fun.

I'll check back in when the sun gets cold.

Why don't you check back in when you can prove man's contribution to global warming is a bad thing.

I never said there was a contribution, much less that it was good or bad.

I did go outside though. And the sun wasn't cold yet.

You do realize that you would have much more integrity in the eyes of other posters if you would just just admit how you really feel. Your posts have proven to everyone what your unstated opinion is. Now just admit it and move forward.

Why don't you check back in when you can prove man's contribution to global warming is a bad thing.

You do realize that you would have much more integrity in the eyes of other posters if you would just just admit how you really feel. Your posts have proven to everyone what your unstated opinion is. Now just admit it and move forward.

But I don't have a definitive opinion on the matter. There is no need to commit to one extreme view or the other. The need to pigeon hole everyone into either a full blown AGW proponent or a full blown AGW denier is not reasonable. I don't have to think that either belief is correct. The truth could be somewhere in the middle.

I recognize that man has the ability to make large scale impacts on his environment.

I recognize that this does not mean that man must be causing global warming.

Would you mind terribly if I continued to weigh the evidence before I join your team?

Or must you insist that I join one team or the other right away?

Is it possible that we can be open to changing knowledge? Or perhaps flat Earth is still your bag? Cause those folks sure knew that was the indisputable fact, right? I guess it was a good thing that some people don't latch onto a belief and cling to it like a desperate child, eh?

But I don't have a definitive opinion on the matter. There is no need to commit to one extreme view or the other. The need to pigeon hole everyone into either a full blown AGW proponent or a full blown AGW denier is not reasonable. I don't have to think that either belief is correct. The truth could be somewhere in the middle.

I recognize that man has the ability to make large scale impacts on his environment.

Would you mind terribly if I continued to weigh the evidence before I join your team?

Is it possible that we can be open to changing knowledge? Or perhaps flat Earth is still your bag? Cause those folks sure knew that was the indisputable fact, right? I guess it was a good thing that some people don't latch onto a belief and cling to it like a desperate child, eh?

Damn near everyone of your posts says different. Are your posts lying?

I could care less what "team" you choose, it's obvious it's been chosen already....and that's my point.

Indeed. The two-stepping gets old quickly.

I could care less what "team" you choose, it's obvious it's been chosen already....and that's my point.

Nope. I can only say that man has the ability to have large scale impacts on the planet. Whether we are heating up the planet and whether or not it is a good or bad thing or something that we can live with, something that the Earth will regulate... I don't know.

But I do know we are capable of this:

9f678_north-amerika-lights.jpg

And this:

Brazil.TMOA2005240.jpg

Now, when I can see vast areas of darkness turned to light and an entire continent consumed with smoke from man burning up the forest, I have no intelligent choice but to accept the possibilities of what man can do to change his environment on a global scale. Good / bad isn't even part of the equation really. The question is, how much impact are we capable of. Never mind if it's good or bad. It's a question of scale. And I can see the scale we are capable of impacting. Thanks to some folks who remained open to the possibility of space flight. Had everyone taken the tact on space flight that we see here, we wouldn't have these photos. It would still be impossible to do it... because some people said it was.

Is AGW possible? I don't know. Is it impossible? I don't know. Will I keep an open mind? Yep.

Nope. I can only say that man has the ability to have large scale impacts on the planet. Whether we are heating up the planet and whether or not it is a good or bad thing or something that we can live with, something that the Earth will regulate... I don't know.

And this:

Brazil.TMOA2005240.jpg

Now, when I can see vast areas of darkness turned to light and an entire continent consumed with smoke from man burning up the forest, I have no intelligent choice but to accept the possibilities of what man can do to change his environment on a global scale. Good / bad isn't even part of the equation really. The question is, how much impact are we capable of. Never mind if it's good or bad. It's a question of scale. And I can see the scale we are capable of impacting. Thanks to some folks who remained open to the possibility of space flight. Had everyone taken the tact on space flight that we see here, we wouldn't have these photos. It would still be impossible to do it... because some people said it was.

Is AGW possible? I don't know. Is it impossible? I don't know. Will I keep an open mind? Yep.

Here we go with the meaningless photos again...didn't we cover this shit yesterday?

And this:

Brazil.TMOA2005240.jpg

Have you ever thought that if man wasn't control burning that there would be worse and longer forrest fires? Just a thought.....

Cold compared to what?

Why doesn't he admit the Sun goes through cycles as you, Fitzy and others have laid out and admit his folly in logic based upon evidence?

And this:

Brazil.TMOA2005240.jpg

Have you ever thought that if man wasn't control burning that there would be worse and longer forrest fires? Just a thought.....

Could be.

Cold compared to what?

Why doesn't he admit the Sun goes through cycles as you, Fitzy and others have laid out and admit his folly in logic based upon evidence?

No folly here. Fitz said that the sun gets cold.

The sun has never been cold, in the history of man. Period.

And this:

Brazil.TMOA2005240.jpg

Florida does it all the time...

FLORIDA

Cold compared to what?

LOL ARE YOU THAT UNFAMILIAR, with the cycles the sun goes through. You are aware it has peaks and valleys on temperature? Yes?

And this:

Brazil.TMOA2005240.jpg

Florida does it all the time...

FLORIDA

And "we do it all the time" means what?

What's your definition of cold?

What's your definition of hot?

I have no definitions of my own. I rely on the definitions set forth by the English language.

Forum List

Back