Why do the God-haters persist?

The likely discovery of life elsewhere in the solar system is going to be utterly devastating to the religious articles.

I've heard this chortle from Atheists for years and never have understood it. God can create life anywhere God wants life to be. Since we know the universe is comprised of the same stuff, it stands to reason the building blocks of life have come to fruition elsewhere. I don't understand how that negates God.

Some smart ass Atheist once popped off at me... Well what are you going to do when we discover life on another planet and they don't believe in God? I asked, what are YOU going to do if we discover life on another planet who DO believe in God?

Because religion said that we are the only life anywhere. Are you going to say now in advance of discovering life somewhere else that they were wrong about that too? Imagine what else they are wrong about, such as the existence of a god. :eusa_shifty:

Well, no... Religion is inanimate, it doesn't say anything. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, you come across as about 12 or 13 years old, to be honest.

God told us 2000 years ago that earth was not the only world he created!!!===YES!! GOD CREATED MANY WORLDS!!!2For by it(faith) the men of old gained approval. 3By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. hebrewa 11:3

Your point in the first paragraph above is a good one. The Christian fundamentalist revulsion for science is precisely because of the exploration being undertaken by science. Science has reduced the job requirements for gawds. Where once it was believed that gawds opened every flower petal and oversaw every human endeavor. Now the gawds are relegated to sitting on thrones and paper shuffling.

The likely discovery of life elsewhere in the solar system is going to be utterly devastating to the religious articles. Life as we know it on this planet per christianity is a very earthly product of gawds and miracles and supernaturalism and supermagicalism. Life elsewhere will prove irresolvable for the gawds model.

Although, life discovered elsewhere off this planet will cause the religionists to re-interpret some verse and "discover" a new bible prophesy, like magic!

Exactly. There are like 200 other planets that look to be in the goldilocks zone. In other words they look like they are not too far or too close to their star that they probably have life on them. Do you know how far the closest one is? Something like 700,000 light years away.

But you are right. That won't debunk their lies, even though they did say at one time we were all alone. Gawd as you call him told them so. Science is going to prove him wrong again. P.S. Where is mom? What did gawd do to mom? I'm a little confused. Gawd lovers say it takes a man and a woman to produce. Who did god fuck?

You keep making these ridiculous statements. It's frustrating when you seem to be arguing from close to my own views that you continue to make such incorrect statements.

The Goldilocks Zone does not mean that life is probable on such planets, only that it is possible because those planets likely can have liquid water.

The closest planet we have found in the Goldilocks Zone isn't even vaguely close to 700,000 light years away. 700,000 light years? That would be in a distant galaxy; The Milky Way is only estimated at around 100,000 light years in diameter.

Here's a couple of Goldilocks Zone planets :

Earth 2.0? Astronomers reveal Kepler-186f, the latest planet in a habitable 'Goldilocks zone' - Science - News - The Independent

Five Planets Around Nearby Star Tau Ceti; One in Habitable Zone

The second planet, you'll note, is only 12 light years away. Not quite 700,000. :lol:

I don't think we are that far off in our beliefs, but you do a poor job articulating or arguing for yours.

I read where it would take us with the technology we have today 81,000 years to travel 4.3 light years at universetoday.com

What else do you not like?

I've heard this chortle from Atheists for years and never have understood it. God can create life anywhere God wants life to be. Since we know the universe is comprised of the same stuff, it stands to reason the building blocks of life have come to fruition elsewhere. I don't understand how that negates God.

Some smart ass Atheist once popped off at me... Well what are you going to do when we discover life on another planet and they don't believe in God? I asked, what are YOU going to do if we discover life on another planet who DO believe in God?

Because religion said that we are the only life anywhere. Are you going to say now in advance of discovering life somewhere else that they were wrong about that too? Imagine what else they are wrong about, such as the existence of a god. :eusa_shifty:

Well, no... Religion is inanimate, it doesn't say anything. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, you come across as about 12 or 13 years old, to be honest.

The bible said god created the earth first then....bottom line is the bible has been wrong so many times no wonder it has been so heavily edited over time.

Hey, I saw a special last night on the Pope's effectiveness on bringing cafeteria catholics back into the church. He is inclusive. However, he can not force the dogma cardinals and bishops and priests into going along. A lot of catholics left because of their position on things like birth control. The woman still wants to be a catholic and receives communion even though the priest says if they take birth control or are ok with gay marriage they shouldn't.

There are a lot of cafeteria christians in America. Slowly people are waking up. It isn't that much of a leap once you stop taking the bible literally before you can possibly fathom that there may not even be a god. There is no proof. Christianity doesn't provide any proof. I'll say it again.

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

I am 12. I should stay away from your priests. :eusa_pray:

What happened to the people who claimed Hitler was an atheist? I asked them to show me when exactly all the German people in the 1930's converted to atheism and when exactly did Germany move back to a christian nation exactly? This is history I don't know about. I'm assuming 90% of the Germans were christians in the 30's and 40's so saying atheists killed the jews or started ww2 is rather rediculous.

To people who believe in god(s), hitler and the nazi's were either christians or worse. The Nazi Party reportedly grew out of several occult groups that sprang up in the late 19th century. These groups spoke of the coming of a new Messiah that would save Germany. Hitler developed the notion that perhaps he was the chosen one to save the German people.

Exactly. There are like 200 other planets that look to be in the goldilocks zone. In other words they look like they are not too far or too close to their star that they probably have life on them. Do you know how far the closest one is? Something like 700,000 light years away.

But you are right. That won't debunk their lies, even though they did say at one time we were all alone. Gawd as you call him told them so. Science is going to prove him wrong again. P.S. Where is mom? What did gawd do to mom? I'm a little confused. Gawd lovers say it takes a man and a woman to produce. Who did god fuck?

You keep making these ridiculous statements. It's frustrating when you seem to be arguing from close to my own views that you continue to make such incorrect statements.

The Goldilocks Zone does not mean that life is probable on such planets, only that it is possible because those planets likely can have liquid water.

The closest planet we have found in the Goldilocks Zone isn't even vaguely close to 700,000 light years away. 700,000 light years? That would be in a distant galaxy; The Milky Way is only estimated at around 100,000 light years in diameter.

Earth 2.0? Astronomers reveal Kepler-186f, the latest planet in a habitable 'Goldilocks zone' - Science - News - The Independent

The second planet, you'll note, is only 12 light years away. Not quite 700,000. :lol:

I don't think we are that far off in our beliefs, but you do a poor job articulating or arguing for yours.

I read where it would take us with the technology we have today 81,000 years to travel 4.3 light years at universetoday.com

There are plenty of things I do not like.

How about seemingly nonsensical responses to my posts? :lol:

God told us 2000 years ago that earth was not the only world he created!!!===YES!! GOD CREATED MANY WORLDS!!!2For by it(faith) the men of old gained approval. 3By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. hebrewa 11:3

Who or what created god?, Why should a hypothetical ‘cause’ have any of the common attributes of a god?, Why is the ‘cause’ a specific god?, Why can’t the universe be causeless too? and, most importantly, Why rule out all other possible explanations?

It is fundamentally a ‘god of the gaps’ approach. Our current lack of understanding concerning the Universe’s origins does not mean ‘god’ holds any explanatory value. Metaphysical and theistic speculation are not justified or correct simply because we lack a comprehensive scientific model. Uncertainty is the most valid position and one can honestly say “We just don’t know yet”.

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

There are plenty of things I do not like.

How about seemingly nonsensical responses to my posts? :lol:

Well you let me know when I do it again buddy.

Who or what created god?, Why should a hypothetical ‘cause’ have any of the common attributes of a god?, Why is the ‘cause’ a specific god?, Why can’t the universe be causeless too? and, most importantly, Why rule out all other possible explanations?

It is fundamentally a ‘god of the gaps’ approach. Our current lack of understanding concerning the Universe’s origins does not mean ‘god’ holds any explanatory value. Metaphysical and theistic speculation are not justified or correct simply because we lack a comprehensive scientific model. Uncertainty is the most valid position and one can honestly say “We just don’t know yet”.

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

GOD is outside time. Time was created for man. There was never a time when GOD was not, gow was,is and will be for eternity, He is the alpha and omega=the beginning and the end!!! ALMIGHTY GOD IS AWESOME FAR BEYOND YOUR PEANUT BRAIN non-thinking!!!HUH???

The bible said god created the earth first then....bottom line is the bible has been wrong so many times no wonder it has been so heavily edited over time.

Hey, I saw a special last night on the Pope's effectiveness on bringing cafeteria catholics back into the church. He is inclusive. However, he can not force the dogma cardinals and bishops and priests into going along. A lot of catholics left because of their position on things like birth control. The woman still wants to be a catholic and receives communion even though the priest says if they take birth control or are ok with gay marriage they shouldn't.

There are a lot of cafeteria christians in America. Slowly people are waking up. It isn't that much of a leap once you stop taking the bible literally before you can possibly fathom that there may not even be a god. There is no proof. Christianity doesn't provide any proof. I'll say it again.

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

12? That's about what I figured. You should find other ways to enjoy your youth. This is not the place for you. Most of us are grown ups who have completed high school at least, many of us have been to university. We have experienced life as adults, we've learned a lot of lessons in life since we were 12. This place is basically about opinions, and your opinion simply doesn't have much value here.

Now I could take you under my wing and teach you things, but you're not interested in learning, you believe that you already know it all. Each of your points about the Bible can be addressed and explained by people who study the Bible. But The Bible is not what we were discussing...

"religion said that we are the only life anywhere"

This is your quote. When I challenged that, you respond with: The bible said god created the earth first then.... Now that is quite a distance from "religion said we are the only life anywhere" don't you think? So you have not shown me where "religion says" that we are the only life anywhere. The Bible doesn't say it, that's for sure.

We can discuss the order in which The Bible says things happened, but in order to do this we have to comprehend that what the Bible says is not a first-hand account of the events. There was no 'journalist' documenting God's steps for the book. Everything is being told from the imagined perspective of God. The reason for the story being told, is to establish WHO God is, WHAT God did, WHY God is worthy of our worship. It is not intended to be a documentary to outline the specific steps God took in proper sequence. No one was here but God, so no one really knows but God. Many verses of the Bible have been translated, many interpretations exist from the variations on translations, etc. But now we are into some of the reasons I am not a Christian.

I notice in your anti-religious commentary, you like to pick on Christians and Catholics. You continue to make it clear that you do not believe in THEIR God. But do you honestly believe that the only way a God can possibly exist is in accordance with Christian doctrine?

Who or what created god?

What do you mean by "create"? All of the things humans can perceive in reality of a material world are existing because of an ever-expanding universe that God created. Time is the biggest "proof" for God that you have. The existence of Time makes everything else possible in your reality. God created Time. Creation is a concept we understand as part of a physical material universe that is ever-expanding, creating time to realize creations. Nothing can be physically created without Time.

It is MY belief that a higher spiritual nature precedes physical nature and physical existence. This is a truly Immortal nature with no origin or end. It is not OF our dimension, it CREATED our dimension and all others. And it creates Time, a physical material experience and reality. So you can now see how your question is silly and nonsensical.

Why can’t the universe be causeless too?

It could be, but it would contradict just about everything we know of nature in our universe. Science has found very few things to be "causeless" or without a reason. Even bacteria and viruses exist because of something, and to do something. So we are talking about the idea that all of this, and not just life, but the environment of this planet, the nature of physics and principle laws of gravity and motion, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, ALL of this, is without any purpose or reason? Do you really believe this or are you simply trying to convince yourself you believe this?

Why rule out all other possible explanations?

No one that I know of has ruled out any other possible explanation. It quite simply comes down to basic logic, there is no other explanation. You can't explain a physical material reality existing in spacetime of an ever-expanding universe by using physical evaluations. Something physical couldn't have created itself. We have to objectively explore possibilities outside the physical for an answer. You don't seem to want to do this because you get bogged down in the animosity you have for religion.

12? That's about what I figured. You should find other ways to enjoy your youth. This is not the place for you. Most of us are grown ups who have completed high school at least, many of us have been to university. We have experienced life as adults, we've learned a lot of lessons in life since we were 12. This place is basically about opinions, and your opinion simply doesn't have much value here.

Now I could take you under my wing and teach you things, but you're not interested in learning, you believe that you already know it all. Each of your points about the Bible can be addressed and explained by people who study the Bible. But The Bible is not what we were discussing...

This is your quote. When I challenged that, you respond with: The bible said god created the earth first then.... Now that is quite a distance from "religion said we are the only life anywhere" don't you think? So you have not shown me where "religion says" that we are the only life anywhere. The Bible doesn't say it, that's for sure.

We can discuss the order in which The Bible says things happened, but in order to do this we have to comprehend that what the Bible says is not a first-hand account of the events. There was no 'journalist' documenting God's steps for the book. Everything is being told from the imagined perspective of God. The reason for the story being told, is to establish WHO God is, WHAT God did, WHY God is worthy of our worship. It is not intended to be a documentary to outline the specific steps God took in proper sequence. No one was here but God, so no one really knows but God. Many verses of the Bible have been translated, many interpretations exist from the variations on translations, etc. But now we are into some of the reasons I am not a Christian.

I notice in your anti-religious commentary, you like to pick on Christians and Catholics. You continue to make it clear that you do not believe in THEIR God. But do you honestly believe that the only way a God can possibly exist is in accordance with Christian doctrine?

The vast majority of christians do. So do even a greater percentage of muslims in a round about way.

GOD is outside time. Time was created for man. There was never a time when GOD was not, gow was,is and will be for eternity, He is the alpha and omega=the beginning and the end!!! ALMIGHTY GOD IS AWESOME FAR BEYOND YOUR PEANUT BRAIN non-thinking!!!HUH???

My brain isn't big enough to invent a god? First of all, you didn't invent god, someone else did and sold you a ball of lies. Think about it. These ancient stories of how god said this or that. How come he's in hiding? What evidence/proof do you use to determine that god is outside of time or that he created time for us?

How come you can't grasp the fact that a universe could be causeless and eternal? Instead the imaginary man in the sky you made up is causeless and eternal. :cuckoo:

My brain isn't big enough to invent a god? First of all, you didn't invent god, someone else did and sold you a ball of lies. Think about it. These ancient stories of how god said this or that. How come he's in hiding? What evidence/proof do you use to determine that god is outside of time or that he created time for us?

How come you can't grasp the fact that a universe could be causeless and eternal? Instead the imaginary man in the sky you made up is causeless and eternal. :cuckoo:

OPEN YOUR EYES LOOK AROUND YOU WILL SEE DESIGN AND COMPLEXITY. ATOMS HAVE BEEN DESIGNED,THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE HAS DESIGN. THINK!!! NO big bang creates design or complexity. DUH!!!

Now you know that religious people think we are the only ones in the universe. Do I really go have to dig to prove that. It would rock a lot of them if we ever found intelligent life on another planet. But ok, you got me. I don't know exactly what they say but does that really matter anyways?

No they are all made up. I just pick on christians because that's who's typically here. I actually use other religions when I'm discussing with christians the topic of religion. They agree other religions are silly and insane but can't see their story is impossible too. At least highly improbable since I wasn't there and I can't say for sure there is no god. I can only say 99.9% there probably is no god. What proof do you have?

There were 999 religions before and after christianity. Christianity is no different. And when you really study all the religions you know that it's all made up, there isn't one shred of credible scientific measurable evidence of a god.

We even know why/how/when the mind came up with religion. Made us feel better about the noises in the night. We weren't completely alone in the dark with a god watching over us.

Theists often fail to adequately apportion blame when claims of their particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster, or recovery from a debilitating disease – all of which their god would ultimately be responsible for inflicting if it existed.:eusa_pray:

Now you know that religious people think we are the only ones in the universe. Do I really go have to dig to prove that. It would rock a lot of them if we ever found intelligent life on another planet. But ok, you got me. I don't know exactly what they say but does that really matter anyways?

No they are all made up. I just pick on christians because that's who's typically here. I actually use other religions when I'm discussing with christians the topic of religion. They agree other religions are silly and insane but can't see their story is impossible too. At least highly improbable since I wasn't there and I can't say for sure there is no god. I can only say 99.9% there probably is no god. What proof do you have?

There were 999 religions before and after christianity. Christianity is no different. And when you really study all the religions you know that it's all made up, there isn't one shred of credible scientific measurable evidence of a god.

We even know why/how/when the mind came up with religion. Made us feel better about the noises in the night. We weren't completely alone in the dark with a god watching over us.

Theists often fail to adequately apportion blame when claims of their particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster, or recovery from a debilitating disease – all of which their god would ultimately be responsible for inflicting if it existed.:eusa_pray:

LOL!!! YOU HAVE LESS WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING than a peanut!!!

OPEN YOUR EYES LOOK AROUND YOU WILL SEE DESIGN AND COMPLEXITY. ATOMS HAVE BEEN DESIGNED,THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE HAS DESIGN. THINK!!! NO big bang creates design or complexity. DUH!!!

Our current lack of understanding concerning the Universe’s origins does not automatically mean ‘god’ holds any explanatory value. Theistic speculation is not justified or correct simply because we lack a comprehensive scientific model. Uncertainty is the most valid position and one can honestly say “We just don’t know yet”.

Theists often state “God is outside of time”. This claim does not actually make their speculation correct. Instead, it brings with it a whole host of problems and may be immediately dismissed as being without basis and a type fallacy known as special pleading.

I'm trying to specifically explain to you the problem with your argument. You said "god is outside of time". That's called "Special pleading" (also known as stacking the deck, ignoring the counter evidence, slanting, and one-sided assessment) Essentially, this involves someone attempting to cite something as an exception to a generally accepted rule, principle, etc. without justifying the exception.

You have no proof there is a god let alone that he lives outside time yet you say it like its a fucking fact. :lol::cuckoo::eusa_liar:

I'm trying to specifically explain to you the problem with your argument. You said "god is outside of time". That's called "Special pleading" (also known as stacking the deck, ignoring the counter evidence, slanting, and one-sided assessment) Essentially, this involves someone attempting to cite something as an exception to a generally accepted rule, principle, etc. without justifying the exception.

You have no proof there is a god let alone that he lives outside time yet you say it like its a fucking fact. :lol::cuckoo::eusa_liar:

In Psalm 90:4, Moses used a simple yet profound analogy in describing the timelessness of God: “For a thousand years in Your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.” The eternity of God is contrasted with the temporality of man. Our lives are but short and frail, but God does not weaken or fail with the passage of time.

Forum List

Back