Why do the God-haters persist?

Well, IF you have some evidence, show it motherfucker! Or shut your piehole. Science has not proven God doesn't exist. A book you want me to read is not going to prove God doesn't exist any more than your opinion.

Typical nonsense where boss stumbles over his own argument.

Science has not proven The Easterbunny, Tarzan, Bigfoot, Nessie and any number of other entities don't exist. Therefore, The Easterbunny, Tarzan, Bigfoot, Nessie and any number of other entities are just as likely to exist as your gods.

Do the overwhelming majority of humans believe in these, and have an overwhelming majority believed this since the inception of mankind? If not, we can't compare. Sorry.

Just think about how uneducated people were 2000 years ago. They didn't even know what science was back then.

Yes, and isn't it fucking astonishing that humans, by-and-large, still believe in something greater than self?

Science has not disproved God, it can't disprove God. There are more humans believing in God on the planet today than anytime before in history. Per capita, the numbers are overwhelming, and they always have been... always will be. No civilization has ever managed to survive more than 50 years without spirituality.

And at one time, virtually all people believed the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth. Per capita, the numbers were overwhelming.

Thanks. As long as most people believe it, it must be true.

Thanks again,

Do people still overwhelmingly believe the earth is flat?

Yah... thanks again is right. Buh-bye!

◄ Psalm 103:12 ►
As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
THIS VERSE AGAIN TELL ANY "THINKING" PERSON GOD'S WORD SAYS THE EARTH IS ROUND OVER 3000 YEARS AGO!!!

GOD'S WORD TOLD US THE EARTH WAS NOT FLAT FROM ETERNITY!!!===GOD=It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. ISAIAH 40:22
As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
THIS VERSE AGAIN TELLS ANY "THINKING" PERSON GOD'S WORD SAYS THE EARTH IS ROUND OVER 3000 YEARS AGO!!!

GOD'S WORD TOLD US THE EARTH WAS NOT FLAT FROM ETERNITY!!!===GOD=It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
THIS VERSE AGAIN TELLS ANY "THINKING" PERSON GOD'S WORD SAYS THE EARTH IS ROUND OVER 3000 YEARS AGO!!!

A circle is not a sphere.

god's word told us the earth was not flat from eternity!!!===god=it is he who sits above the circle of the earth,
and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. Isaiah 40:22
◄ psalm 103:12 ►
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
This verse again tells any "thinking" person god's word says the earth is round over 3000 years ago!!!

a circle is not a sphere.

lol!!! Anything but truth!!!huh??? On a round world how far is east to west???? On a flat world that measurment can be made!!!

Yes, and isn't it fucking astonishing that humans, by-and-large, still believe in something greater than self?

Science has not disproved God, it can't disprove God. There are more humans believing in God on the planet today than anytime before in history. Per capita, the numbers are overwhelming, and they always have been... always will be. No civilization has ever managed to survive more than 50 years without spirituality.

And at one time, virtually all people believed the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth. Per capita, the numbers were overwhelming.

Thanks again,

Do people still overwhelmingly believe in Zeus, Isis, Amun Ra, etc., etc.,

No.... thanks again is right. Just as virtually all those other gods have been abandoned as just quaint human inventions to explain phenomenon the natural world not then understood, so it will be for your invented gods.

Yah... wave buh-bye to your particular inventions of gods.

THIS VERSE AGAIN TELLS ANY "THINKING" PERSON GOD'S WORD SAYS THE EARTH IS ROUND OVER 3000 YEARS AGO!!!==On a round world how far is east to west???? On a flat world that measurment can be made!!!

Thanks again,

No.... thanks again is right. Just as virtually all those other gods have been abandoned as just quaint human inventions to explain phenomenon the natural world not then understood, so it will be for your invented gods.

I don't suspect there is anyone alive from back then, or they probably would. Man has changed his incarnations but spirituality remains inherent in man. I don't have any invented Gods, I only have the one who I communicate with daily. That one is real and you're not going to ever make it unreal with your blather.

I don't suspect there is anyone alive from back then, or they probably would. Man has changed his incarnations but spirituality remains inherent in man. I don't have any invented Gods, I only have the one who I communicate with daily. That one is real and you're not going to ever make it unreal with your blather.

Not so. Your "spiritual connections" with "spirit realms" has not been the "spiritually connecting" you blather on about.

Mankind has invented all manner of boogeymen, ogres, beasts, etc., for many reasons, but not to "spiritually connect" with them.

As to your daily communications with one or more gods, is that the whiskey talking?

Last edited:

Not so. You "spiritual connections" with "spirit realms" has not been the "spiritually connecting" you blather on about.

Mankind has invented all manner of boogeymen, ogres, beasts, etc., for many reasons, but not to "spiritually connect" with them.

As to your daily communications with one or more gods, is that the whiskey talking?

"IF" YOU really want to hear GOD'S VOICE=READ HIS WORD.

Well, IF you have some evidence, show it motherfucker! Or shut your piehole. Science has not proven God doesn't exist. A book you want me to read is not going to prove God doesn't exist any more than your opinion.

Science has not proven The Easterbunny, Tarzan, Bigfoot, Nessie and any number of other entities don't exist. Therefore, The Easterbunny, Tarzan, Bigfoot, Nessie and any number of other entities are just as likely to exist as your gods.

Do the overwhelming majority of humans believe in these, and have an overwhelming majority believed this since the inception of mankind? If not, we can't compare. Sorry.

They compare, sorry. As I already noted, Ogres, beasts, boogeymen have all shared time in the inventions of mankind.

And bear in mind (to borrow one of your pointless arguments), science has not disproven Ogres, beasts, boogeymen, Leprechauns etc., so as extant entities, they are equally as viable as your gods.

Thanks.

What's interesting in the history of mankind's creations of gods, not only were the Romans completely tolerant of other nation's gods, they actually assumed that the other gods were also true. Admittedly, they found the Egyptian gods more than a little weird, but they still considered them ancient, powerful and real.

As Rome became a multinational empire and Rome the city became an international city, many foreign gods and goddesses had their own shrines built in the capital city itself. Roman citizens could worship any national gods they chose, but it remained commonly accepted that gods were most powerful in their own countries, or their own small geographies. For example even in Rome itself, Jupiter, Optimus Maximus could not supersede the influence of the local gods (“Lares”) that each governed their own crossroads, or family hearth. While public worship of the borrowed Greek pantheon was a community exercise, each family reserved the inside of their homes for private worship of their own family gods.

And in a spectacular admission of the incompleteness of their knowledge, the Romans also worshiped “the unknown god.” This was essentially praying “to whom it may concern”, or "the gods to be announced at a later date" in the explicit knowledge that nobody had exclusive or complete knowledge of the real nature of the godhead. Admittedly, this idea was borrowed (along with the formal state pantheon) from the earlier Greeks. The Greeks even built a temple in Athens to this: Agnostos Theos.

This is what I call civilized.

The ancient Romans were among the most transcendently superstitious people in human history, ever more so than you. That is, of course, damning our own society with faint praise. We are also profoundly superstitious as a people. But we (for some inexplicable reasons) call our preferred superstitions "religions" and assign them a certain deference that it is not clear they deserve.

Yet, the Romans had no less faith in the auspices found in lighting from a clear sky or the conformation of the entrails of a goat than you have in prayer. Go figure.

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood[c] every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”
ACTS 17:23-31

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood[c] every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”
ACTS 17:23-31

"to whom it may concern"...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ9oJhphEEI]Big Stuff - Jean Knight - Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Not so. Your "spiritual connections" with "spirit realms" has not been the "spiritually connecting" you blather on about.

Wow... this sounds an awful lot like a "because I say so" argument. I guess we can add hypocrite to the despicable things you are?

They compare, sorry. As I already noted, Ogres, beasts, boogeymen have all shared time in the inventions of mankind.

And bear in mind (to borrow one of your pointless arguments), science has not disproven Ogres, beasts, boogeymen, Leprechauns etc., so as extant entities, they are equally as viable as your gods.

Thanks.

What's interesting in the history of mankind's creations of gods, not only were the Romans completely tolerant of other nation's gods, they actually assumed that the other gods were also true. Admittedly, they found the Egyptian gods more than a little weird, but they still considered them ancient, powerful and real.

As Rome became a multinational empire and Rome the city became an international city, many foreign gods and goddesses had their own shrines built in the capital city itself. Roman citizens could worship any national gods they chose, but it remained commonly accepted that gods were most powerful in their own countries, or their own small geographies. For example even in Rome itself, Jupiter, Optimus Maximus could not supersede the influence of the local gods (“Lares”) that each governed their own crossroads, or family hearth. While public worship of the borrowed Greek pantheon was a community exercise, each family reserved the inside of their homes for private worship of their own family gods.

And in a spectacular admission of the incompleteness of their knowledge, the Romans also worshiped “the unknown god.” This was essentially praying “to whom it may concern”, or "the gods to be announced at a later date" in the explicit knowledge that nobody had exclusive or complete knowledge of the real nature of the godhead. Admittedly, this idea was borrowed (along with the formal state pantheon) from the earlier Greeks. The Greeks even built a temple in Athens to this: Agnostos Theos.

This is what I call civilized.

The ancient Romans were among the most transcendently superstitious people in human history, ever more so than you. That is, of course, damning our own society with faint praise. We are also profoundly superstitious as a people. But we (for some inexplicable reasons) call our preferred superstitions "religions" and assign them a certain deference that it is not clear they deserve.

Yet, the Romans had no less faith in the auspices found in lighting from a clear sky or the conformation of the entrails of a goat than you have in prayer. Go figure.

Again, another "because I say so" argument.

The only way they could be equally viable is if humans had predominately worshiped these over the course of human history. They haven't, so... nope. Still, you are correct, science can't disprove their existence so science can't say they don't exist. Curiously, we don't see a lot of you people on these boards fighting tooth and nail to disprove ogres and leprechauns.

But hey... thank you for pointing out some of the rich human history with regard to spirituality. It's just more evidence of a clear human spiritual connection which can't be denied. A connection that follows man back to his origins and has always been present.

Wow... this sounds an awful lot like a "because I say so" argument. I guess we can add hypocrite to the despicable things you are?

Oh my. The boss is angry. Why is it that the hyper-religious react like petulant children scolded for bad behavior when their alleged gods are critiqued in a public debate forum? Really, bossy, did you expect a requirement that everyone must accept your utterly unsupported and outrageous claims to spirit realms, communications with the gods, etc., would be accepted with slacked-jawed enthusiasm?

So tell us boss, how has humanity been "spiritually connecting" with boogeymen, ogres, beasts, etc., when those entities are no less inventions of mankind than all the gods invented prior to the invention of your gods?

Forum List

Back