Why do the God-haters persist?

i know a lot of greek guys who don't really believe in christianity. We go to church to meet greek women.

lol!!! All i need do is look at your life,then look at my life,lived as a blessed,happy son of god.

the claim that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.

Atheism is correlated with better scientific literacy, lower poverty rates, higher literacy rates, higher average incomes, less violence, lower divorce rates, lower teen pregnancy rates, lower std infection rates, lower crime rates and lower homicide rates. It correlates highly with the well-being of individuals and societies by almost every possible measure.

Studies on happiness outside of predominantly religious countries (eg. The united states) find little to no correlation between happiness and religious belief. This corresponds with evidence which shows social and community bonding, rather than spiritual engagement, explains why religious people report greater satisfaction with life. Atheists, by comparison, may also simply be unhappy with the level of distrust and persecution they receive from their compatriots.

i have god's promise,i have god's blessings and gifts=health,wealth family, and eternal life!! I want for nothing!!!and you???

How can a person experience death if they don't believe in such a thing? How can man be eaten by lions in the jungle if they don't believe in such a thing? How can you be electrocuted if you don't believe in such a thing? You really have some strong faith in disbelief if you think that disbelief means you won't experience what is real.
lion, death and electrocution is real. These are things we can see everyday. No one has seen the afterlife.
Where is your evidence no one has seen the afterlife? What do you mean by "real"? Part of physical reality in our spacetime continuum caused by the expanding universe? Again, spiritual things are not "real" in a physical sense, and this is where you have trouble comprehending it. You assume that if it's not physically a part of reality, it isn't real. However, you are aware of dreams, thoughts, ideas, and other things that aren't physically real. How do you explain that? How can things exist that aren't physically real?

Your spirit, your soul, the essence of who you are, your personality... these are not components of your physical makeup. What happens to these elements after you die is unknown. You can have the opinion these things "die" with the physical body, but you've not established this is a fact.

There is no evidence god doesn’t exist, so belief is as justified or as valid as non-belief.

Argument from ignorance.

A common attempt to shift the burden of proof or ‘make room’ for a god. Represents a type of false dichotomy that excludes the fact that there is insufficient investigation and the proposition has not yet been proven either true or false.

The failure to disprove the existence of something does not constitute proof of its existence.

Belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims because all such claims would need to be believed implicitly. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

lol!!! All i need do is look at your life,then look at my life,lived as a blessed,happy son of god.

the claim that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.

Atheism is correlated with better scientific literacy, lower poverty rates, higher literacy rates, higher average incomes, less violence, lower divorce rates, lower teen pregnancy rates, lower std infection rates, lower crime rates and lower homicide rates. It correlates highly with the well-being of individuals and societies by almost every possible measure.

Studies on happiness outside of predominantly religious countries (eg. The united states) find little to no correlation between happiness and religious belief. This corresponds with evidence which shows social and community bonding, rather than spiritual engagement, explains why religious people report greater satisfaction with life. Atheists, by comparison, may also simply be unhappy with the level of distrust and persecution they receive from their compatriots.

i have god's promise,i have god's blessings and gifts=health,wealth family, and eternal life!! I want for nothing!!!and you???

You have wealth? Give it away!!!

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

I have everything you have and more. Next!

The only thing is if I'm floating alone in the ocean and sharks are circling me, and same for you 10 miles away, you are not alone, I am.

SIN IS EVIL,EVIL IS SIN! SATAN WAS THE FIRST SINNER AND THE CREATOR OF EVIL!!! AND HE WILL PAY AN ETERNAL PRICE,WHY join him????

*backs away slowly* Err, Okay. You go ahead & let it all out, son. Why so angry? That stuff will rule your life, ya know... Take care. :eusa_whistle:

And Gismys says she's happy. No one with such religious feelings is really happy. Fearful, angry, worried, guilty yes but happy no. And no one could possibly be 100% of a bullshit fairy tale so I suspect gismys shits herself at the thought of there being no heaven or god.

Or she thinks, "I have nothing to lose by believeing, even though deep down I know it can't be true, but just in case...."

I can't live my life like that. If its not true then fuck believing a lie no matter how "happy" is supposedly makes you.

She can't be happy if she's here telling everyone they'll go to hell if they don't believe. I am happy despite my passion that there is no god. I think believing in god is holding people back and keeping us ignorant. I'm not mad, just disappointed in my fellow man. :cuckoo:

Fair point, but to me there seems so much more constructive stuff to be disappointed about. Some believers are truly devout. Others use religion simply to be assholes. Sadly, I experience far more of the latter than the former these days.

The self-proclaimed pious aren't any different from the rest of us (just don't ask them) and they have egos too (which they usually deny).

THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LIVING LIFE AS A son OF ALMIGHTY GOD!!! MY LIFE IS PROOF!!!and you??

lion, death and electrocution is real. These are things we can see everyday. No one has seen the afterlife.
Where is your evidence no one has seen the afterlife? What do you mean by "real"? Part of physical reality in our spacetime continuum caused by the expanding universe? Again, spiritual things are not "real" in a physical sense, and this is where you have trouble comprehending it. You assume that if it's not physically a part of reality, it isn't real. However, you are aware of dreams, thoughts, ideas, and other things that aren't physically real. How do you explain that? How can things exist that aren't physically real?

Your spirit, your soul, the essence of who you are, your personality... these are not components of your physical makeup. What happens to these elements after you die is unknown. You can have the opinion these things "die" with the physical body, but you've not established this is a fact.

There is no evidence god doesn’t exist, so belief is as justified or as valid as non-belief.

Argument from ignorance.

A common attempt to shift the burden of proof or ‘make room’ for a god. Represents a type of false dichotomy that excludes the fact that there is insufficient investigation and the proposition has not yet been proven either true or false.

The failure to disprove the existence of something does not constitute proof of its existence.

Belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims because all such claims would need to be believed implicitly. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

Again, there is no such thing as "agnostic atheism" and you continue to look like a fool for using the term. You are either and atheist who doesn't believe in god, or an agnostic who isn't sure about god. You can't be both at the same time.

As for "evidence" and "proof" we've been over this a thousand times. There can't be physical evidence or proof of a spiritual thing. It's impossible, because as soon as you had any physical evidence, it would no longer be spiritual. Now maybe one day we'll discover physical evidence and render the spiritual physical, but as of now, we have no such information. The spiritual remains apart from the physical, and as such, can't be evaluated with physical sciences. That does not mean it isn't "real" or doesn't "exist" or there is no evidence. There is tons of evidence but it's spiritual evidence.

I'm not trying to shift burden of proof or argue from ignorance here, I have merely presented my ideas and opinions. It does not make any rational sense to me that mankind has held this intrinsic connection to the spiritual for all of our existence and there's not anything to that. Forget about Christianity and other religious incarnations, that's not the argument. Is there something greater than the physical realm? Has mankind been able to tap into that and gain inspiration, courage, ambition, etc.? Every time you witness a human doing something that no human has ever done before, it's because of a spiritual inspiration, something greater than self which the individual summoned to accomplish the feat. Sorry if you disagree with me, but this is evidence in my book.

THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LIVING LIFE AS A son OF ALMIGHTY GOD!!! MY LIFE IS PROOF!!!and you??

Pascal's Wager is an argument that humans all bet with their lives either that God exists or does not exist. Given the possibility that God actually does exist and assuming the infinite gain or loss associated with belief in God or with unbelief, a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.). So there is a down side. You are wasting your time and if you put money in the plate at church you are wasting your money. But I guess that's a gamble you are willing to take just to be safe, right?

Pascal’s Wager does not actually argue in support of the existence of a god, rather, it simply attempts to coerce insincere worship. There are several issues with this approach:

Multiple inconsistent and contradictory revelations (Which god?)
Hell is incompatible with an omnibenevolent god.

A god could reward reasoning/skepticism.

An omniscient god would see through feigned belief as a result of coercion.

If a god wanted everyone to believe and knew exactly what was needed to convince people, then why are there atheists at all? Is god unable to prevent transgression of his will?

Infallible foreknowledge is incompatible with free will (Are atheists predestined for hell?)

Most people adhere to the religion they were born into, they have not examined all other religions.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.” – Gene Roddenberry

there is no downside to living life as a son of almighty god!!! My life is proof!!!and you??

pascal's wager is an argument that humans all bet with their lives either that god exists or does not exist. Given the possibility that god actually does exist and assuming the infinite gain or loss associated with belief in god or with unbelief, a rational person should live as though god exists and seek to believe in god. If god does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.). So there is a down side. You are wasting your time and if you put money in the plate at church you are wasting your money. But i guess that's a gamble you are willing to take just to be safe, right?

Pascal’s wager does not actually argue in support of the existence of a god, rather, it simply attempts to coerce insincere worship. There are several issues with this approach:

Multiple inconsistent and contradictory revelations (which god?)
hell is incompatible with an omnibenevolent god.

If a god wanted everyone to believe and knew exactly what was needed to convince people, then why are there atheists at all? Is god unable to prevent transgression of his will?

Infallible foreknowledge is incompatible with free will (are atheists predestined for hell?)

most people adhere to the religion they were born into, they have not examined all other religions.

“live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

“we must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful god, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.” – gene roddenberry

yes!!! Some people use the brain power God gave them while others are just fools!!! Your choice!

Argument from ignorance.

Again, there is no such thing as "agnostic atheism" and you continue to look like a fool for using the term. You are either and atheist who doesn't believe in god, or an agnostic who isn't sure about god. You can't be both at the same time.

As for "evidence" and "proof" we've been over this a thousand times. There can't be physical evidence or proof of a spiritual thing. It's impossible, because as soon as you had any physical evidence, it would no longer be spiritual. Now maybe one day we'll discover physical evidence and render the spiritual physical, but as of now, we have no such information. The spiritual remains apart from the physical, and as such, can't be evaluated with physical sciences. That does not mean it isn't "real" or doesn't "exist" or there is no evidence. There is tons of evidence but it's spiritual evidence.

I'm not trying to shift burden of proof or argue from ignorance here, I have merely presented my ideas and opinions. It does not make any rational sense to me that mankind has held this intrinsic connection to the spiritual for all of our existence and there's not anything to that. Forget about Christianity and other religious incarnations, that's not the argument. Is there something greater than the physical realm? Has mankind been able to tap into that and gain inspiration, courage, ambition, etc.? Every time you witness a human doing something that no human has ever done before, it's because of a spiritual inspiration, something greater than self which the individual summoned to accomplish the feat. Sorry if you disagree with me, but this is evidence in my book.

I love it how you tell me what I can and can't believe. Listen to me one more time. I am 99% certain there is no god, but what do I know, right? I'm just basing my assumption on all the facts that we have. As far as I can see/tell, there is no god. But how do I know? We could be in one of those xmas snow globes sitting on god's kid's dresser for all I know. But I doubt it.

I'll explain it one more time for you. Until we understand something we “do not know”. Positing a ‘god’ in place of admitting personal ignorance is an unfounded leap which demonstrates a fundamental lack of humility.

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

Argument from ignorance.

Funny my atheist friend got mad at me when I told him Agnostic atheism is the most rational position. But then I explained to him that just like religious people, we don't know everything either. So for us to say 100% there is no god would make us just as ignorant as people who claim to believe 100% there is a god. That can't be true. How can you believe something that for 1 isn't believable and 2 you have no proof of?

And your bad logic/reasoning doesn't count.

Argument from ignorance.

I love it how you tell me what I can and can't believe. Listen to me one more time. I am 99% certain there is no god, but what do I know, right? I'm just basing my assumption on all the facts that we have. As far as I can see/tell, there is no god. But how do I know? We could be in one of those xmas snow globes sitting on god's kid's dresser for all I know. But I doubt it.

I'll explain it one more time for you. Until we understand something we “do not know”. Positing a ‘god’ in place of admitting personal ignorance is an unfounded leap which demonstrates a fundamental lack of humility.

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

99% sure????? no where near worth the risk as to lose is eternal hell and YOU WILL LOSE 100% SURE!

there is no downside to living life as a son of almighty god!!! My life is proof!!!and you??

pascal's wager is an argument that humans all bet with their lives either that god exists or does not exist. Given the possibility that god actually does exist and assuming the infinite gain or loss associated with belief in god or with unbelief, a rational person should live as though god exists and seek to believe in god. If god does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.). So there is a down side. You are wasting your time and if you put money in the plate at church you are wasting your money. But i guess that's a gamble you are willing to take just to be safe, right?

Pascal’s wager does not actually argue in support of the existence of a god, rather, it simply attempts to coerce insincere worship. There are several issues with this approach:

Multiple inconsistent and contradictory revelations (which god?)
hell is incompatible with an omnibenevolent god.

Infallible foreknowledge is incompatible with free will (are atheists predestined for hell?)

most people adhere to the religion they were born into, they have not examined all other religions.

“live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

“we must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful god, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.” – gene roddenberry

yes!!! Some people use the brain power God gave them while others are just fools!!! Your choice!

Atheism is correlated with higher intelligence

File:LynnHarveyNyborg-CountryBelieveGod-Intelligence.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Religiosity and intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Intelligent people 'less likely to believe in God' - Telegraph

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B19...3LWJlNzUtN2UwOGViOGI0YjNi/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1D3Q...Rsmn3WSHk0I3QzI84e-fl4u5H29r/edit?hl=en&pli=1

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B19...3LWE3ZTUtZTRmMTNhZGQyZmM5/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B19...1LWFjZGItNmEyN2QzM2U0MmI2/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Intelligent people tend to be more religious.

Science says I'm smarter than you.:D

99% sure????? no where near worth the risk as to lose is eternal hell and YOU WILL LOSE 100% SURE!

100% sure your god isn't real.:D

i love it how you tell me what i can and can't believe. Listen to me one more time. I am 99% certain there is no god, but what do i know, right? I'm just basing my assumption on all the facts that we have. As far as i can see/tell, there is no god. But how do i know? We could be in one of those xmas snow globes sitting on god's kid's dresser for all i know. But i doubt it.

99% sure????? No where near worth the risk as to lose is eternal hell and you will lose 100% sure!

100% sure your god isn't real.:d

Well share your proof that God is not real and the proof you risk all your eternity on!!!

Then you are an agnostic and not an atheist. An atheist is 100% certain there is no God.

You're not basing anything on "facts we have" since there is no evidence either way. You're basing an opinion on what you believe the facts are, but can't support with science. The only real "evidence" you have is the fact that science can't prove God. But then, science can't prove anything that it can't evaluate and observe. Even with the physical, science has to be careful not to draw conclusions because things aren't always as the appear.

You can explain it 50 billion more times, it won't make a difference. I'm not positing a God in place of admitting ignorance. I am fully aware of and connected to a spiritual energy force that gives me great benefit in life. Am I supposed to ignore that so I can see your point? You don't understand so you don't know... I get that... I agree! But because you don't understand and know, doesn't mean that every one else doesn't understand or know.

Damn straight they're not equally probable outcomes, God is real, God exists, there is no question in my mind that is the truth. Belief is the ONLY valid position. Skepticism is baseless and founded on the silly notion that physical science can't prove something spiritual.

Agnostic atheism is something retarded idiots say and think they sound smart. Have you not noticed you are the only person on this forum using this term?

Last edited:

Argument from ignorance.

Agnostic atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are the gift that keeps on giving. You really are.

Last edited:
boss said:
Damn straight they're not equally probable outcomes, God is real, God exists, there is no question in my mind that is the truth. Belief is the ONLY valid position. Skepticism is baseless and founded on the silly notion that physical science can't prove something spiritual.

Wait for it. Here it comes....

"..... because I say so"

boss said:

Wait for it. Here it comes....

"..... because I say so"

I bet you wonder why GOD says you are a FOOL!!!

How can a person experience death if they don't believe in such a thing? How can man be eaten by lions in the jungle if they don't believe in such a thing? How can you be electrocuted if you don't believe in such a thing? You really have some strong faith in disbelief if you think that disbelief means you won't experience what is real.

Nor have you disproved it. God does not exist, the only reason people think he exist is because they believe it to be true. My 5 year old believe Santa Clause is real and comes to our house Dec 25th each year. That's pretty much what your belief of god is like. As made up as Santa Clause, created by man.

where is your evidence no one has seen the afterlife? What do you mean by "real"? Part of physical reality in our spacetime continuum caused by the expanding universe? Again, spiritual things are not "real" in a physical sense, and this is where you have trouble comprehending it. You assume that if it's not physically a part of reality, it isn't real. However, you are aware of dreams, thoughts, ideas, and other things that aren't physically real. How do you explain that? How can things exist that aren't physically real?

Your spirit, your soul, the essence of who you are, your personality... These are not components of your physical makeup. What happens to these elements after you die is unknown. You can have the opinion these things "die" with the physical body, but you've not established this is a fact.

nor have you disproved it. God does not exist, the only reason people think he exist is because they believe it to be true. My 5 year old believe santa clause is real and comes to our house dec 25th each year. That's pretty much what your belief of god is like. As made up as santa clause, created by man.

you poor lost,blinded fool!!! God have mercy on your soul!

Forum List

Back