Why do the God-haters persist?

yes!!! Believe in god,confess and repent of sin and accept jesus as your lord and savior and you can live your life as a happy,blessed son of god!!!

because ignorance is bliss.
no!! As you must know as God says you are a fool!!! I agree with God 10000%

no!! As you clearly don't know, there is no god. God never said anything. Men 1900 years ago made that up, just like the old testament was made up 3000 years ago at the same time the pagan religion was invented.

Why is god hiding? What's he afraid of? Look at the universe. What does he have to prove? Why does he hide and then insist we believe human's who could have just made it up? What a fucking deadbeat dad. Like the kid who's father leaves when he's not even 1 year old. But dad left a cross for you and all you have to go on is mom's word?

Mom says dad was great and he loved you so much and he was over 6 feet tall, he could walk on water, he was a saint, in fact he never sinned. One day you might find out your mom was a slut and fucked a sailor and made all that up just to make you feel good and to keep you from growing up like your loser father. :badgrin:

because ignorance is bliss.
no!! As you must know as god says you are a fool!!! I agree with god 10000%

no!! As you clearly don't know, there is no god. God never said anything. Men 1900 years ago made that up, just like the old testament was made up 3000 years ago at the same time the pagan religion was invented.

Why is god hiding? What's he afraid of? Look at the universe. What does he have to prove? Why does he hide and then insist we believe human's who could have just made it up? What a fucking deadbeat dad. Like the kid who's father leaves when he's not even 1 year old. But dad left a cross for you and all you have to go on is mom's word?

Mom says dad was great and he loved you so much and he was over 6 feet tall, he could walk on water, he was a saint, in fact he never sinned. One day you might find out your mom was a slut and fucked a sailor and made all that up just to make you feel good and to keep you from growing up like your loser father. :badgrin:

Why do you come here day after day and prove God is right when God says you are a fool????????????? I get it!!! No need for more proof!!! Now!!! Brgone fool!!!

Last edited:
I was born Greek Orthodox, a branch off of Catholicism. I think since Socrates and Galleleo a lot of Greeks have probably questioned/doubted the existence of god. And I think our church is beautiful. They aren't hung up on abortion and gays. But I bet you a lot of famous greek philosophers were atheists.

Category:Atheist philosophers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was also born Greek Orthodox

IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD THEN 100% YOU ARE LOST,AND AS JESUS SAYS,"NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME"!! ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND BE BORN AGHAIN AS A son of GOD!!

Nah, I'm good

no!! As you must know as god says you are a fool!!! I agree with god 10000%

Why do you come here day after day and prove God is right when God says you are a fool????????????? I get it!!! No need for more proof!!! Now!!! Brgone fool!!!

Why do you still believe despite the facts that there is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst. The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature. The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD THEN 100% YOU ARE LOST,AND AS JESUS SAYS,"NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME"!! ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND BE BORN AGHAIN AS A son of GOD!!

Nah, I'm good

MUST YOU FEEL THE FLAMES OF HELL BEFORE YOU THINK CLEARLY???much too late then! Why not think now???

The day I left the church was the day I began thinking clearly. There's a reason why you're called 'flock" because you're all sheep instead of thinking for yourself you hold true that there is a man in teh sky overseeing everything. LOL

Nah, I'm good

MUST YOU FEEL THE FLAMES OF HELL BEFORE YOU THINK CLEARLY???much too late then! Why not think now???

Just like David Koresh & Joseph Smith couldn't convince us that their lies were true, you can't get us to believe the unbelievable without more proof. The fact that you accept stories as fact tells me you are a little bit retarded. If you can't even fathom that men 1900 years ago made it up just like every other religion then I guess your god rewards the stupid.

Nah, I'm good

The day I left the church was the day I began thinking clearly. There's a reason why you're called 'flock" because you're all sheep instead of thinking for yourself you hold true that there is a man in teh sky overseeing everything. LOL

I know a lot of greek guys who don't really believe in christianity. We go to church to meet greek women.

I know a lot of greek guys who don't really believe in christianity. We go to church to meet greek women.

LOL!!! ALL I NEED DO IS LOOK AT YOUR LIFE,THEN LOOK AT MY LIFE,LIVED AS A blessed,happy son of GOD.

I'm actually Italian, Polish and Russian. However it was the church that my grandfather went to and the church my parents go married in. So we went. I still remember us leaving mass becasue it was like on the 2nd hour of the service LOL.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

I'm atheist and in total agreement with you. Excellent explanation.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

JUST REMEMBER TO COUNT THE COST,SIN HAS A VERY HIGH price!!!

You know that 'sin' is a purely theological concept, don't you? Yours is a malformed argument to an atheist. Also, your caps lock: stop beating it to death son, it didn't do you no harm.

You know that 'sin' is a purely theological concept, don't you? Yours is a malformed argument to an atheist. Also, your caps lock: stop beating it to death son, it didn't do you no harm.

SIN IS EVIL,EVIL IS SIN! SATAN WAS THE FIRST SINNER AND THE CREATOR OF EVIL!!! AND HE WILL PAY AN ETERNAL PRICE,WHY join him????

How can an atheist experience an afterlife, if they do not believe in such a thing?

How can a person experience death if they don't believe in such a thing? How can man be eaten by lions in the jungle if they don't believe in such a thing? How can you be electrocuted if you don't believe in such a thing? You really have some strong faith in disbelief if you think that disbelief means you won't experience what is real.
lion, death and electrocution is real. These are things we can see everyday. No one has seen the afterlife.
Where is your evidence no one has seen the afterlife? What do you mean by "real"? Part of physical reality in our spacetime continuum caused by the expanding universe? Again, spiritual things are not "real" in a physical sense, and this is where you have trouble comprehending it. You assume that if it's not physically a part of reality, it isn't real. However, you are aware of dreams, thoughts, ideas, and other things that aren't physically real. How do you explain that? How can things exist that aren't physically real?

Your spirit, your soul, the essence of who you are, your personality... these are not components of your physical makeup. What happens to these elements after you die is unknown. You can have the opinion these things "die" with the physical body, but you've not established this is a fact.

SIN IS EVIL,EVIL IS SIN! SATAN WAS THE FIRST SINNER AND THE CREATOR OF EVIL!!! AND HE WILL PAY AN ETERNAL PRICE,WHY join him????

*backs away slowly* Err, Okay. You go ahead & let it all out, son. Why so angry? That stuff will rule your life, ya know... Take care. :eusa_whistle:

LOL!!! ALL I NEED DO IS LOOK AT YOUR LIFE,THEN LOOK AT MY LIFE,LIVED AS A blessed,happy son of GOD.

Are you really? I doubt that.

I'm actually Italian, Polish and Russian. However it was the church that my grandfather went to and the church my parents go married in. So we went. I still remember us leaving mass becasue it was like on the 2nd hour of the service LOL.

That's when I finally stopped going. Sit, stand, sit, stand. I don't go anywhere to be tortured. Churches better figure it out or their going ot lose members.

There is even a Everyone Loves Raymond episode about this. He realized his father and brother were having a good time outside at the front door being ushers and collecting the money. He couldn't stand being in the pews for so long. But being out with the guys running the collection plate was fun.

*backs away slowly* Err, Okay. You go ahead & let it all out, son. Why so angry? That stuff will rule your life, ya know... Take care. :eusa_whistle:

And Gismys says she's happy. No one with such religious feelings is really happy. Fearful, angry, worried, guilty yes but happy no. And no one could possibly be 100% of a bullshit fairy tale so I suspect gismys shits herself at the thought of there being no heaven or god.

Or she thinks, "I have nothing to lose by believeing, even though deep down I know it can't be true, but just in case...."

I can't live my life like that. If its not true then fuck believing a lie no matter how "happy" is supposedly makes you.

She can't be happy if she's here telling everyone they'll go to hell if they don't believe. I am happy despite my passion that there is no god. I think believing in god is holding people back and keeping us ignorant. I'm not mad, just disappointed in my fellow man. :cuckoo:

The claim that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.

Atheism is correlated with better scientific literacy, lower poverty rates, higher literacy rates, higher average incomes, less violence, lower divorce rates, lower teen pregnancy rates, lower STD infection rates, lower crime rates and lower homicide rates. It correlates highly with the well-being of individuals and societies by almost every possible measure.

Studies on happiness outside of predominantly religious countries (eg. the United States) find little to no correlation between happiness and religious belief. This corresponds with evidence which shows social and community bonding, rather than spiritual engagement, explains why religious people report greater satisfaction with life. Atheists, by comparison, may also simply be unhappy with the level of distrust and persecution they receive from their compatriots.

Forum List

Back