Why do the God-haters persist?

Where I think that the single cell just multiplied by itself and because the diversity that we see today. No god told the single cell to split one day. It just did. God didn't decide to make polar bears. Nature happened and it wasn't intelligent design.

How is what you believe any less of a fairy tale? You can't reproduce this miraculous single-to-multi-cell transformation in a controlled lab environment with sophisticated modern technology at your disposal.... yet we are to believe it somehow just happened to occur "naturally" and has seemingly never happened again? :dunno:

And once you've made that quite miraculous leap... however that happened... you then have numerous interdependent kingdoms of life to explain. Nothing from one kingdom of life has ever reproduced something from another kingdom of life, there is absolutely no evidence to support that... and yet, that HAD to happen if everything came from this original single cell. In fact, there isn't even any evidence for evolution beyond genus taxonomy. BUT... you faithfully believe with all your heart, this amazing fantasy happened! It's actually FAR more far-fetched than ANY incarnation of an intelligent designer.

I think what the poster is trying to get you to think about is this... Long before any life existed in the universe, the POTENTIAL for life existed. The INFORMATION was there. Where did that come from? It's an interesting premise and one you don't have an answer for.

Let's imagine you found a box full of parts. You dump the box out and voila, a Maserati assembles itself before your eyes! Now.... You can presume that a.) the box is special, and it was intelligently designed to produce said Maserati. Or-- b.) the box is not special, it just so happened to produce a Maserati. But what you cannot ignore is that it contained all the essential parts of the Maserati which fit together perfectly with nothing left over and you can't explain how it all came together but some mechanism assembled it.

We’ve all had some great conversations regarding this subject. I discussed with people who are much more intellectually honest than you. Your tactic doesn’t work on us. You aren’t smart. I don’t care if you have a PhD in magic. It’s insane anyone could study it that deeply and not realize it’s all made up. Well that’s what wishful thinking will do.

You have never been in a good discussion about god. Anyone who believes the creation story and denies evolution can’t be taken seriously. And cherry pickers are only slightly better
I don't know how you can look at the universe and not conclude that rather than being a late outgrowth, intelligence has always existed as the source or matrix for physical stuff.
Maybe not. Look at the beginning of earth. Single cell aren’t smart. We are the only way the universe knows itself. As far as we know. Three billion years ago it may have been mars. 20 million years ago dinosaurs and trilobites ruled. They weren’t intelligent.

And I just don’t conclude anything.
Do you have any idea how much information is required to make a single cell function?
I don’t.

Ding said "intelligence has always existed as the source or matrix for physical stuff"

What does he mean by that? Can he explain or prove this comment is true?
Ding said "intelligence has always existed as the source or matrix for physical stuff"

physiology : the organic processes and phenomena of an organism or any of its parts or of a particular bodily process (for the dumbasses that are beyond ignorance) - - is a metaphysical phenomena in physical form that will appear anywhere in the universe that environmental conditions are conducive for the purpose of providing continuity for the metaphysical axioms that guide its existence.

physiology present on earth that no longer is controlled by the metaphysical presence when removed causes the physiology to disappear ...

there are no tissues on earth that are inanimate / inert, only what is animated ... the animation is derived from the metaphysical axioms of the universe.

Where I think that the single cell just multiplied by itself and because the diversity that we see today. No god told the single cell to split one day. It just did. God didn't decide to make polar bears. Nature happened and it wasn't intelligent design.

How is what you believe any less of a fairy tale? You can't reproduce this miraculous single-to-multi-cell transformation in a controlled lab environment with sophisticated modern technology at your disposal.... yet we are to believe it somehow just happened to occur "naturally" and has seemingly never happened again? :dunno:

And once you've made that quite miraculous leap... however that happened... you then have numerous interdependent kingdoms of life to explain. Nothing from one kingdom of life has ever reproduced something from another kingdom of life, there is absolutely no evidence to support that... and yet, that HAD to happen if everything came from this original single cell. In fact, there isn't even any evidence for evolution beyond genus taxonomy. BUT... you faithfully believe with all your heart, this amazing fantasy happened! It's actually FAR more far-fetched than ANY incarnation of an intelligent designer.

I think what the poster is trying to get you to think about is this... Long before any life existed in the universe, the POTENTIAL for life existed. The INFORMATION was there. Where did that come from? It's an interesting premise and one you don't have an answer for.

Let's imagine you found a box full of parts. You dump the box out and voila, a Maserati assembles itself before your eyes! Now.... You can presume that a.) the box is special, and it was intelligently designed to produce said Maserati. Or-- b.) the box is not special, it just so happened to produce a Maserati. But what you cannot ignore is that it contained all the essential parts of the Maserati which fit together perfectly with nothing left over and you can't explain how it all came together but some mechanism assembled it.

You're comparing your fairytale with science?

The origins of multicellularity are one of the most interesting topics in evolutionary biology

https://www.quora.com/How-did-a-single-cell-evolve-into-a-multi-celled-organism

The origins of multicellularity are one of the most interesting topics in evolutionary biology

Interesting and definitive are not synonyms.
Plus you are continuously playing Internet scientist.

So if we can reproduce the single cell to multi cell transformation in a lab you'll shut the fuck up?

Evolution from Single to Multi-Cell Clusters Replicated

And we have explained it to you over and over again about you waiting to see a new species born. It's not going to happen in your lifetime. In fact I think mammals birds amphibians reptiles arthropods & fish are all we get. There is no more so don't hold your breath waiting for a new one to pop up. But that doesn't prove anything.

It happened. It may only happen once. Why are you expecting it to happen again? What other life would you like to see pop up?
The kingdom of life has split a long time ago. It doesn't keep happening. It has already happened.

At least I have genus taxonomy. And I'm sure there are dozens of other scientific reasons why evolution is true so I will take your comments with a grain of salt. You've been wrong so many times it's almost hard to take anything you say too seriously.

Yes well it's better than your internet televangelism.

Is this the watchmaker analogy you’re getting at?

But let’s think about this for a moment. If you look at a watch lying on the ground and think to yourself, “Oh, this must be designed,” what are you comparing the watch to in order to make that judgment? Would you compare it to the ground, the trees, the grass, the animals, or the sky perhaps? If the watch looks designed compared to its surroundings, the only logical conclusion we could draw is that its surroundings are not designed. If we were unable to differentiate the watch from its natural surroundings, then we would deem it to be a natural object no different from a rock or a tree.

If we say that life is designed, again, with what are we making the comparison? All that is non-life? OK, but then we would still have to say that all non-life is not designed. But suppose we say that the entire universe is designed. Well, we don’t have another universe to compare ours to, and as Hume points out, that’s exactly the problem. We only have experience with one universe, and unless we have the opportunity to examine other universes (if they exist, of course), we cannot say with any degree of certainty that our universe is designed, nor do we have any reason to believe it is in the first place.

So without even having to rely on complex and dense scientific arguments to refute the watchmaker analogy, we can easily see that the argument serves to refute itself.

Now my purpose in bringing all this up is not to beat up on religion (or maybe it is... I haven’t decided), but to point out that most, if not all, modern arguments for the existence of God(s) are rehashed arguments originating centuries ago, and when you boil them down to there basic logical structure, they are easily dismantled by counterarguments that are often just as old.

When searching for the truth, we do ourselves no favors by conjuring strange excuses on behalf of our beliefs in order to reconcile them with reality. What we should strive for is to arrive at our beliefs in an honest way — a way that is mindful of the facts and adapts with change, and not one that bends to our wishes.

Your religion is interesting but not definitive.

What on earth or in our solar system wasn't intelligently designed? If you look at the planet or the moon you would think that some intelligent designer must have made it. It's too perfect. And look at the dirt on the ground. Too perfect. The sand. It's all too perfect. But we know how all these things were made. A star blew up billions of years ago and flung out into space. I could go on and on but ultimately everything on this planet including you was cooked up in a star. What flings out of a star is a single cell mold bacteria amino protein. No humans are flung out of a star even though that's where we came from. So billions of years later our earth is formed and cooled and water is put on it and single cell life starts and eventually all the diversity you see exists.

So it's funny you believe in a watchmaker but you refuse to believe how the watch was put together.

All you have is the fact we don't know what started the big bang. So a theist says, "must be god". This is god of the gaps.

"God of the gaps" is a term used to describe observations of theological perspectives in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence. The term was invented by Christian theologians[citation needed] not to discredit theism but rather to point out the fallacy of relying on teleological arguments for God's existence.[1] Some use the phrase as a criticism of theological positions, to mean that God is used as a spurious explanation for anything not currently explained by science.

If I am walking in the woods and I see a watch laying on the ground I know something intelligently designed it. But when I pass a mosquito or frog I know it was made the natural way. I know the difference between something that was man made and I know something that was made naturally. We even know how and where we were designed.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Anyone who says Carl Sagan is stupid is stupid.

Yes well it's better than your internet televangelism.
My issue is not your atheism, it's your eagerness to jump into a religion forum and scream, "Flying Spaghetti Monster!".

So if we can reproduce the single cell to multi cell transformation in a lab you'll shut the fuck up?

Evolution from Single to Multi-Cell Clusters Replicated

And we have explained it to you over and over again about you waiting to see a new species born. It's not going to happen in your lifetime.

It's not going to EVER happen because it isn't possible.

I'm sorry, but your link is showing us single cell organisms working together in clusters to essentially NEGATE the need to "evolve" into anything else. You've just shown us proof that single-to-multi-cellular evolution is not necessary and according to Darwin's theory, would not ever happen naturally. Well done!

Your religion is interesting but not definitive.
You are correct because otherwise I would have no choice and be a robot.

What on earth or in our solar system wasn't intelligently designed? If you look at the planet or the moon you would think that some intelligent designer must have made it. It's too perfect. And look at the dirt on the ground. Too perfect. The sand. It's all too perfect. But we know how all these things were made. A star blew up billions of years ago and flung out into space. I could go on and on but ultimately everything on this planet including you was cooked up in a star. What flings out of a star is a single cell mold bacteria amino protein. No humans are flung out of a star even though that's where we came from. So billions of years later our earth is formed and cooled and water is put on it and single cell life starts and eventually all the diversity you see exists.

So it's funny you believe in a watchmaker but you refuse to believe how the watch was put together.

All you have is the fact we don't know what started the big bang. So a theist says, "must be god". This is god of the gaps.

"God of the gaps" is a term used to describe observations of theological perspectives in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence. The term was invented by Christian theologians[citation needed] not to discredit theism but rather to point out the fallacy of relying on teleological arguments for God's existence.[1] Some use the phrase as a criticism of theological positions, to mean that God is used as a spurious explanation for anything not currently explained by science.
The universe is mathematically impossible.

What on earth or in our solar system wasn't intelligently designed? If you look at the planet or the moon you would think that some intelligent designer must have made it. It's too perfect. And look at the dirt on the ground. Too perfect. The sand. It's all too perfect. But we know how all these things were made. A star blew up billions of years ago and flung out into space. I could go on and on but ultimately everything on this planet including you was cooked up in a star.

Well of course! Who has ever stated that we're not comprised of elements found in the universe? What the fuck else could we be made of? Pixie dust? Magic God particles?

So billions of years later our earth is formed and cooled and water is put on it and single cell life starts and eventually all the diversity you see exists.

But that's the part you're not explaining with scientific observation and testable hypothesis. You make this incredible jump from inorganic elements to organic life without any explanation, and then you make another series of incredible leaps to eventually come up with humans. None of what you are claiming has any evident basis in science or biology. It is absolutely no different than claiming an Intelligent Designer did it.

So billions of years later our earth is formed and cooled and water is put on it and single cell life starts and eventually all the diversity you see exists.

But that's the part you're not explaining with scientific observation and testable hypothesis. You make this incredible jump from inorganic elements to organic life without any explanation, and then you make another series of incredible leaps to eventually come up with humans. None of what you are claiming has any evident basis in science or biology. It is absolutely no different than claiming an Intelligent Designer did it.
Internet PhD!

Inside a giant star is where we were created. That’s where all life came from. You think a god proofed life onto the planet.

Forum List

Back