Why do the God-haters persist?

Inside a giant star is where we were created. That’s where all life came from. You think a god proofed life onto the planet.
The Bible says we came from dust. And we did too. Star dust.
It also says a talking snake talked

Where is that?????
Genesis 3 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
Of course, sealy never reads anything in context.
It's the Internet PhD syndrome.

In Genesis 3, Eve interacts with a serpent. That serpent is clearly identified in the Bible, culminating in Revelations 20 : 2 which reads:

"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years..."

In short, the story is about Eve and a fallen Angel named Satan.
Revelations is about the fall of the Roman Empire.

Where is that?????

In Genesis 3, Eve interacts with a serpent. That serpent is clearly identified in the Bible, culminating in Revelations 20 : 2 which reads:

"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years..."

are you sure? It is not entirely clear to me------JWs certainly believe so.

Satan is a kind of "angel" in jewish theology since it is a creation of "god" But
that "fallen" thing is something that seems to have been a late invention

So billions of years later our earth is formed and cooled and water is put on it and single cell life starts and eventually all the diversity you see exists.

But that's the part you're not explaining with scientific observation and testable hypothesis. You make this incredible jump from inorganic elements to organic life without any explanation, and then you make another series of incredible leaps to eventually come up with humans. None of what you are claiming has any evident basis in science or biology. It is absolutely no different than claiming an Intelligent Designer did it.
Inside a giant star is where we were created. That’s where all life came from. You think a god proofed life onto the planet.
So until the "serpent" you were on board with God creating existence...
Which means you believed God created the universe until you didn't believe that God could create a non-human that could talk.
Very telling.

God may have created the universe but first you have to prove God exists.

I can tell you he didn't poof land animals on the planet.

I'm learning more and more about why American Christians are so fucking retarded when it comes to evolution compared to the rest of the world and this is very telling. Makes sense when I argue with theists here about religion and politics.

This is evidence they have politicized our religion. The same fools that don't believe in evolution also don't believe in global warming. PROOF they use religion to keep people dumb

So billions of years later our earth is formed and cooled and water is put on it and single cell life starts and eventually all the diversity you see exists.

But that's the part you're not explaining with scientific observation and testable hypothesis. You make this incredible jump from inorganic elements to organic life without any explanation, and then you make another series of incredible leaps to eventually come up with humans. None of what you are claiming has any evident basis in science or biology. It is absolutely no different than claiming an Intelligent Designer did it.
Which means you believed God created the universe until you didn't believe that God could create a non-human that could talk.
Very telling.
Evolution Is Finally Winning Out Over Creationism, Especially Among the Young

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

I certainly do find you amusing. But not in an innocent childish fashion. Your belief is insidious. This belief in a deity is anything but innocent. Too many people die as a result. I can't believe you really wrote all that. It was tedious.

Gallup reports that 64% of US adults are worried "a great deal" or "a fair amount" about climate change, but only 50% believe in evolution. That's despite the fact that evolution is the foundation of all modern biology — not to mention much of modern medicine — and has been thoroughly investigated for the 157 years since Charles Darwin published "The Origin of Species."

Here’s why so many smart people don’t believe in evolution

Religion makes you dumb Why So Many Americans Don't 'Believe' In Evolution, Climate Change And Vaccines | HuffPost

The real question is why people want to believe something that flies in the face of scientific evidence. In some cases, the reason can be political: Solving the problems created by climate change would mean standing in the way of the free market, something conservatives tend to oppose.

When someone’s self-image or social acceptance is at stake, badgering them with facts isn’t likely to change their minds, research has shown.

In fact, a 2010 study found that when people were shown incorrect information alongside a correction, the update failed to reverse their initial belief in the misinformation. Even worse, partisans who were motivated to believe the original incorrect information became even more firm in their belief in that information after reading a correction, the researchers found. For example, conservatives who were told that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction before the Iraq war believed that claim more firmly after reading a correction.

Basically religion is making you people dumb just as I predicted.

Very telling.
Evolution Is Finally Winning Out Over Creationism, Especially Among the Young
So evolution is “true” by popular vote?
What a stupid post.

Religion makes you dumb Why So Many Americans Don't 'Believe' In Evolution, Climate Change And Vaccines | HuffPost

The real question is why people want to believe something that flies in the face of scientific evidence. In some cases, the reason can be political: Solving the problems created by climate change would mean standing in the way of the free market, something conservatives tend to oppose.

When someone’s self-image or social acceptance is at stake, badgering them with facts isn’t likely to change their minds, research has shown.

In fact, a 2010 study found that when people were shown incorrect information alongside a correction, the update failed to reverse their initial belief in the misinformation. Even worse, partisans who were motivated to believe the original incorrect information became even more firm in their belief in that information after reading a correction, the researchers found. For example, conservatives who were told that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction before the Iraq war believed that claim more firmly after reading a correction.

You do realize that the overwhelming number of efforts in scientific endeavors result in failure.
But nobody advertises failures.
Yet another stupid post.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

But isn’t “religion” they attack. It is always Christianity. Very telling.

That's because Christians are the only true enemies of satan..and the anti-Christians are nuts controlled by satan.

You do realize that the overwhelming number of efforts in scientific endeavors result in failure.
Yet another stupid post.
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to deny evolution? America is flawed because of our religiousness. It’s definitely a way they control us and it’s proof religion is bad. To deny facts logic and reason because of it.

At least you aren’t as bad as isis

Where is that?????

Revelations is yet to come. America was a far greater nation than the Roman Empire ever was.

I

Where is that?????

Revelations is yet to come. America was a far greater nation than the Roman Empire ever was.
wonder how China will do next

Verbiose vomitosus.

A better question is why 'god' drowns innocent women and children.

Yet another stupid post.
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to deny evolution? America is flawed because of our religiousness. It’s definitely a way they control us and it’s proof religion is bad. To deny facts logic and reason because of it.

OMG. You are very funny.

America is the only country on this planet that was built on a foundational principle of unalienable Rights. According to the Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."

Of this document, Thomas Jefferson wrote:

“The Declaration of Independence... [is the] declaratory charter of our rights, and of the rights of man.”

The Washington, Jefferson & Madison Institute: Quotes Concerning the Declaration of Independence

Even in the National Archives, you will find the importance of that document:

"The Declaration of Independence states the principles on which our government, and our identity as Americans, are based."

The Declaration of Independence

The Declaration of Independence is the foundation for the Bill of Rights AND it states the principles on which our government, and our identity as Americans is based. That's pretty powerful considering that the Declaration of Independence puts forth the proposition that a Creator (your God, whomever you deem that to be) bestowed upon you unalienable Rights. The presupposition there is that there are some Rights that are above the reach of mortal man and the duty / obligation / responsibility of government is to do what they can to insure your Rights, not limit them.

From that foundational principle, America became the greatest nation in the annals of history. Our downfall can be traced back to the attacks against our foundational principles. What you're advocating is popular, but it is inaccurate.

Yet another stupid post.

Fact: Ad hominems are all you have.

Verbiose vomitosus.

Ad hominem.
The universe is mathematically impossible.

Verbiose vomitosus.

Ad hominem.

Riiiight. And a hammer dropped from 5 ft has to fall half way before it falls five feet, then half of that, then half of that and so on along an asymptotic line that never reaches zero. So it should never hit the ground.

Keep your absolute pronouncements in a sac.

Verbiose vomitosus.

Ad hominem.

Obviously not or it wouldn't be here. Dumbest comment of the day.

Yet another stupid post.

We have still not found the missing link between us and apes

Yet another stupid post.

We have still not found the missing link between us and apes

You idiots can continue to deny global warming and evolution. I'm done with you. We are dumber in America than the rest of the world because of you. This is why I say American religions are making America stupider and they are effecting our elections and policies. It has to stop Don't ask why we persist. We persist because you suck.

Forum List

Back